PDA

View Full Version : S&W Sigma 9x19mm Pistol

Balazona
13-02-2009, 03:17 PM
Hi guys,
Does anyone of u have this pistol?what r ur reviews about it.
does it really worth its price or just another Glock clone.
ur comments will be highly appreciated.

Firepower!
13-02-2009, 06:09 PM
Well if definately worth its price and yes it is a Glock clone. That is the reason why one is more expensive than the other, even in the US.

I personally think that the SIGMA trigger is a little stiff. You have to break it in.

Balazona
13-02-2009, 08:27 PM
Firepower,thanks for ur informations.actually i never heard anything good about this pistol on TFL.everyone is complaining about its trigger.Buksh Elahi in Lahhore r asking 125K for this pistol.

Firepower!
13-02-2009, 10:41 PM
125K is way too much. It should be around 95K. I sold one for 80 a few weeks back. Glock is a much better option. I have one G17 and want to get rid of it.

Connector
13-02-2009, 10:42 PM
Is it a third gen 17?how much r u asking?

Abbas
14-02-2009, 01:05 AM
80K - 95K is the right price for a Sigma. What's the G17 selling for btw ? I thought now was the wrong time to sell Glocks ?

Balazona
14-02-2009, 08:50 AM
Firepower,how much u r asking for ur Glock 17?

Connector
14-02-2009, 08:59 AM
Firepower,how much u r asking for ur Glock 17?
How much is a new 17 in lahore for?

Zubair
14-02-2009, 11:12 AM
The importers are AFRIDI ARMS in PESHAWER. They gave me a price of around 90,000

Balazona
14-02-2009, 11:14 AM
90K for Sigma or Glock 17?

Zubair
14-02-2009, 11:18 AM
90K for Sigma or Glock 17?
S&W

Balazona
14-02-2009, 11:21 AM
Zubair,thanks for the info.

Firepower!
15-02-2009, 05:23 PM
guys
I sold it for 180,000. It was 3rd gen. It is a wrong time to sell but i just have too many handguns and i want to cut the number down to six.

It is however right time to buy glock.

Abbas
18-02-2009, 05:32 PM
How is the Sigma with POF and Chinese bullets. Any FTE/FTF issues ?

Is the striker reliability more Glock like or more Taurus like ?

Balazona
18-02-2009, 06:34 PM
According to reviews on different forums it is in the middle some where of Glock and Taurus.

Firepower!
18-02-2009, 06:36 PM
It is pretty good with the ammo.

If you fire it such number of times the trigger will get softened and it would be a great pistol.

BloodBath
02-04-2009, 07:29 PM
Salams !

I got three SW9VE, Still have one of it in fully greased condition.. When I was visiting U.S.A i got the original box and manuals etc from a third party.

Disposed off 2 after firing 200 rounds. Well defiantly worth the money you pay for it. Todays Markrt Price

Karkhano Peshawer Rs 80-84 Thousand

Karachi Rs 90k to 1 lakh

An exact clone of glock 19

there are 4 differences

1. The trigger safety is fabricated in a different way while the working is same as Glock 19.

2. The slide is different from Glock 19 at the part which houses the firing pin its more conventional like the browning design. The glock ninteen has the signature block style while the slide in SW9VE is tapered.

3. The rail mount is a Smith & Wesson Accessory Rail. While the Glock has the ever popular Picittany style Accessories Rail.

4. And WOW the damn trigger pull is like 2 Times the trigger of a standard glock 19. I asked Smith & Wesson People about

the same and the answer was logical. This pistol was specially produced as part of an American Support Contract with

Afghan Govt by Smith & Wesson. Smith & Wesson was then advised by CIA that the afghans are born " Trigger Happy"

so they had to increase the trigger pull to stop them fro wasting ammo.

The other sigma models have a normal 5 pound trigger pull .

The pistol is very accurate .... 4" group from 15 metere is like good. (with pathatic POF Ammo)

by the was S&W were sued by glock ...and they paid a very handsome money to get rid of it..

when you buy this gun make sure that the serial number on the frame matches that with the

guide rails.

the magazines are also different from Glock. The Sigmas have a all metal 16 round Magazines.

and yes get this from me its more accurate and robust then the Glock. People might say anything but I have carried out all

the tests myself.

Take care and bye...

Blood Bath

Taurus
02-04-2009, 07:39 PM
nice one blood bath

Firepower!
02-04-2009, 07:52 PM
nice one to keep as a range gun. I like the 2 tone.

Ka_Khan
02-04-2009, 08:17 PM
Wellcome BloodBath to the forum and you came with very helpful information.

Imu10
02-04-2009, 08:42 PM
yeah blood bath i also have S&W Sigma SW9VE same model u r talking abt for the last 7 months and have fired more than 500 rounds and i am more than happy with the pistol and yes i agree with u on accurancy coz i have aleady won 2 competiions on 15 metre at PN shooting range and this time i got 290 out of 300 from my sigma and others were using quite fancy weapons like Sig, Glock,Beretta and steyr and off course taurus and Stoger as well
tc regards imu10

MAH
02-04-2009, 09:17 PM
I had one (single black tone) and sold it recently for 85k to a friend. For a new one one should not pay more than 80-90 k. Also shoots fine (i.e. not FTE/Fs) with all kind of chinese, POF and ofcourse american ammo.

BloodBath
02-04-2009, 10:31 PM
Hi All

Salams !

Thanx for the comments. If anyone wants to make a modification to the Gun.... well you can to get rid of the painful trigger pull. The Trigger spring can be simply replaced with a Glock 19 ..very simple to do....but you see it is still a mistery to me that
the gun will loose its accuracy a bit. This is a fact that after Browning high power and S&W M&P pistols I have found it pretty
accurate. Take this from me after 2-3 years you wont be able to find one for 200 K. 4 containers containing these pistols were plundered in the tribal areas ..thats why we have these good guns so cheap. The reason for the accuracy of the weapon is in its barrel. The barrel is cold metal forged and is quite thick...more then the glocks...thats why you have such great accuracy... the spin imparted on the round is also more then normal ..if you see the hole in targets made by rounds of these pistols you will find them very sharp and fine....this is what rounds with greater spin and less lateral wobble do...

dont sell any if you have these goodies

Regards
Blood Bath
The gun is a definate keep .....shoot it and you will start engoying it....

Taurus
03-04-2009, 01:03 AM
nice one blood bath i came to know that there are to glocks sold in the market one is the afghanistan 1 and second is imported both have different prices but i heard afghanistan glocks are very good enuff but i have one thing in my mind if FIA ever comes for the investigation then our pistols will be theirs then

Connector
03-04-2009, 01:07 AM
yeah blood bath i also have S&W Sigma SW9VE same model u r talking abt for the last 7 months and have fired more than 500 rounds and i am more than happy with the pistol and yes i agree with u on accurancy coz i have aleady won 2 competiions on 15 metre at PN shooting range and this time i got 290 out of 300 from my sigma and others were using quite fancy weapons like Sig, Glock,Beretta and steyr and off course taurus and Stoger as well
tc regards imu10
You re a natural Imu.Its not possible to shoot like that with a sigma.

Sohail
04-04-2009, 04:01 PM
@imu: yes the result was quite impressive, i can remember your shots:) last time while were hanging out.

regards

Imu10
04-04-2009, 06:20 PM
Thankx Sohail and Connector

Glxspk
04-04-2009, 06:41 PM
The pistol is accurate but I just hate the trigger. Itsjust too irritating

BloodBath
04-04-2009, 07:36 PM
ya the trigger is very irritatting specially when you fire one after firing a Glock ....It seems like you are pressing a tennis ball

Glxspk
04-04-2009, 08:38 PM
Thats EXACTLY what I felt when I was firing Imran's SIGMA today.

Imu10
04-04-2009, 08:50 PM
Glxspk u were using Glock 19 and i was using SIGMA (one whose trigger is as hard as tennis ball) but still i think i lLOVE my Sigma better than any other pistoleven better than any Glock now coz now when i fire SIGMA i feel as if it is a piece of cake for me.

Taurus
05-04-2009, 03:19 AM
one thing i want to know from u guys that does sigma has FTF and FTE or any other problem???is it a good gun for self defence i carry stoeger for my self defence??Plz Comment!!!

BloodBath
05-04-2009, 08:53 AM
Taurus 24/7 this gun is a complete clone of a glock 19. it has no such problems at all i just had one FTE case and i can safelt blame that on the inferior POF ammo. you can even get rid of the heavy trigger pull by changing the trigger spring ....but you will loose accuracy a bit. 1mu10 is quite right ...once you get used to it ..it is Gold...it even gives you better control and stability case you instinctivly hold the gun more firmly due to the heavy trigger pull. I fired a steyr M-9 and immediatly after that I went for the Sigma and the results os Sigma were far much better. The price of the gun is what makes it such an excellent choice and the fact that a lot many of Glock 19 parts just simply fit like orignals.
go for the gun you will never find it in this price after 2 years as now in Afghanistan theSW9VEs are been replaced by glocks and other guns...
take care regards

Blood Bath

Striker1
05-04-2009, 09:25 AM
Any clue on the current price of the SW9 VE? Used or New!

Imu10
05-04-2009, 12:51 PM
@striker ,a far as new sigma is concerned i doubt that there will be any but as of used afghan i think in market u should get it around 110k or 1115k

BloodBath
05-04-2009, 01:39 PM
yes right !

I have one in use ... 2 are availible in my family..in brand new condition not a single shot fired.. I dunno that can be sold or not However I can arrange a brand new gun with 2 mgazines in 105.

Blood Bath

Taurus
13-04-2009, 03:42 AM
Is sigma good to carry for self defence or not? and have any1 had any FTF or FTE with chinese and pof ammo?

Glxspk
13-04-2009, 03:45 AM
It has an irritantingly long trigger pull so I wouldnt prefer it for carry.

evolutionX
08-05-2010, 08:32 PM
@BloodBath

Dear Sir,

I have just bought SW9VE and in your above post you mentioned that serial number on the frame matches that with the

guide rails.

The only problem is there is just ONE serial number mentioned on my gun, at the bottom of the rail. There is NO other serial number. PLease help me out, have I been robbed?

Aquarius
08-05-2010, 11:08 PM
Dear Sir,

I have just bought SW9VE and in your above post you mentioned that serial number on the frame matches that with the

guide rails.

The only problem is there is just ONE serial number mentioned on my gun, at the bottom of the rail. There is NO other serial number. PLease help me out, have I been robbed?

evolutionX bro please post some pictures.

evolutionX
09-05-2010, 01:05 AM
Dear Sir,

guide rails.

evolutionX bro please post some pictures.

Here you go sir, camera is just mediocre....

http://s4.postimage.org/uwV4J.jpg (http://www.postimage.org/image.php?v=aVuwV4J)

http://s4.postimage.org/ux92A.jpg (http://www.postimage.org/image.php?v=aVux92A)

Can anyone please shed some light on my above query.

Aquarius
09-05-2010, 01:43 AM
The pictures are not clear but I think its Genuine piece.. As far as I remember (almost two years back) the serial no is written below the frame's accessory rail and nowhere else.. on top of the barrel at its breech, its stamped 9MM.. nothing is written on the right side of the slide and on the frame its written "capable of firing with magazine removed".. watch for these and if possible also post pictures of stripped gun..
Anyhow its looks original... :)

evolutionX
09-05-2010, 01:48 AM
The pictures are not clear but I think its Genuine piece.. As far as I remember (almost two years back) the serial no is written below the frame's accessory rail and nowhere else.. on top of the barrel at its breech, its stamped 9MM.. nothing is written on the right side of the slide and on the frame its written "capable of firing with magazine removed".. watch for these and if possible also post pictures of stripped gun..
Anyhow its looks original... :)

Thanks do much for your reply. Yes it all is just as you said....and will post high quality pics...

PLease tell me one thing....Why there is so much hate for this gun on the web? I mean i am going through international forums and most people just dont like this gun, maybe they are glock owners and dont prefer an almost same gun in low price....

And one more thing please.....can i check its serial number online and see its produciton date etc...i know it's possible with glocks but searched smith wesson website and couldnt locate such option

auon
09-05-2010, 01:50 AM
@aquarius
u've a sharp memory:d
its exactly as u've said...hey did u get chance to look out for what i asked?????

Aquarius
09-05-2010, 01:32 PM
@aquarius
u've a sharp memory:d
its exactly as u've said...hey did u get chance to look out for what i asked?????

Asked what auon brother.. with due apology.

ARlover
10-05-2010, 12:57 AM
sigma nib price i think 80k

auon
10-05-2010, 07:46 AM
:d i asked u to help me out by letting me know about s & w sigma clone, from Peshawar market. availability and price if u can easily.

Aquarius
10-05-2010, 12:07 PM
:d i asked u to help me out by letting me know about s & w sigma clone, from Peshawar market. availability and price if u can easily.

Oh sorry.. totally forgotten it .. will let you know today Inshallah.

ARlover
10-05-2010, 01:56 PM
found on net about sigma

Action: Single Action *
Caliber: 9x19mm Luger/Para in Sigma 9; .40S&W in Sigma 40; 9x17mm (.380ACP) in Sigma 380
Overall Length: 184 mm
Barrel Length: 114 mm (4.5in) in pre-1999 Sigmas; 101.6 mm (4 in) in current versions
Weight: ca. 690 g empty
Capacity: 16 rounds (9 mm); 15 rounds (.40SW)

The Sigma series of pistols was introduced in 1994 by its first model, Sigma 40F in .40SW, following with 9x19mm version. Sigma pistols bear so much similirality to Glocks, that the lawsuit was rised against the S&W, so Smith & Wesson finally paid undisclosed sum (some millions of $$$) to Glock for violation of their patents, and then S&W received the rights to continue the production of Sigma line.

technically, Sigma pistols are recoil operated, locked breech semi-auto pistols, built on modified Browning-style linkless locking principle. All Sigmas feature Glock-type single action-type trigger with automatical half-cock and manual striker cocking during trigger pull. Sigma pistols had no external (manual) safeties. Gun frame is made from polymer, the slide and the barrel can be manufactured from the stainless steel or from the carbon steel (in so called "Value" models).

In 1999 S&W improved the Sigma series. Main change was shortening the barrel and the slide by .5 inch (12.7 mm). Other improvements included more comfortable grip checkering, slightly enlarged ejection port and addition of the acessory rail at the front of the frame (under the barrel).

http://s2.postimage.org/fwPMr.jpg (http://www.postimage.org/image.php?v=TsfwPMr)

http://s2.postimage.org/fwZL0.jpg (http://www.postimage.org/image.php?v=TsfwZL0)

http://s2.postimage.org/fx3Ki.jpg (http://www.postimage.org/image.php?v=Tsfx3Ki)

Aquarius
10-05-2010, 09:15 PM
Thanks for your input ARlover...... :)

Aquarius
10-05-2010, 09:17 PM

auon brother its clones are from 15 to 20K in Jumrud market.. :)

Survivalist
10-05-2010, 09:49 PM
S&W “new” SD9 and SD40; Smith & Wesson has unveiled the new Model SD9 and Model SD40 pistols. These "new" guns are simply S&W Sigma Series pistols with some improvements and a new name. The improvements over the Sigma are improved trigger, tritium night front sight, rubber grip pads, better slide serrations and the a picatinny accessory rail.

Specifications
Caliber 9mm / .40 S&W
Capacity 9mm (16+1) .40 (14+1) Low capacity versions also offered (10+1)
Finish Polymer Frame/Black Stainless Steel Slide & Barrel
Action Striker Fired Action
Barrel 4"
Total Length 7.2"
Weight 22.7 oz
Front Sight Tritium Night Sight
Rear Sight Steel Fixed 2-Dot

http://s3.postimage.org/N2xQA.jpg (http://www.postimage.org/image.php?v=PqN2xQA)

auon
10-05-2010, 10:33 PM
thanks Aquarius...
good peiece of information Survivalist.

Aquarius
10-05-2010, 10:44 PM
Very nice information Survivalist brother.. are these new models available in the market.?

evolutionX
11-05-2010, 12:35 AM
So tell me guys please...........is it a good buy and a good purchase in 110K.....feels so good in hands....i love the grip even better than glock....but obviously Glock is Glock... i mean couldnt have gotten Glock due to $$$$ but this is as close as i could get....

What you guys think about this guns