PDA

View Full Version : Pak made CF 98 Clone

Dr Zakir
02-12-2009, 11:58 PM
i think many of the cf 98 are actually made in darra . most people dont have a clue how good the copies are .

AK47
03-12-2009, 12:55 AM
+1 Dr. Zakir sb! You're right, I've seen the local ones, hard to distinguish it, if it's from one of the better "Karigaars", coz finishing of original even is not very good.

Maximus
03-12-2009, 12:59 AM
i think many of the cf 98 are actually made in darra . most people dont have a clue how good the copies are .

there always a difference though. it all comes down to honest dealers and where the firearm is actually procured from.

and of course matching two cf98s side by side after checking for finishing. they cant all come from the same gunsmith. :/

Salahuddin Ayubi
03-12-2009, 05:53 AM

This is really disturbing.

Ka_Khan
03-12-2009, 09:29 PM
Stoeger thread hijacked by CF 98 ! Curious...havent yet seen in the market.Any idea of the price?

Manj
03-12-2009, 10:38 PM
good to have such talented people in our country:D

04-12-2009, 08:13 PM
Stoeger thread hijacked by CF 98 ! Curious...havent yet seen in the market.Any idea of the price?
An acquaintance offered to fetch a clone made by some company near Peshawer called Shaheen for 16k.

9mm Luger
04-12-2009, 11:08 PM
An acquaintance offered to fetch a clone made by some company near Peshawer called Shaheen for 16k.

I would certainly like to see the clone of CF-98.. is it available in karachi?? SHaheen isnt that one of the names stamped on these CFs already??

05-12-2009, 08:06 AM
Now that is what i am thinking ever since..... moreover does not make sense for Chinese to stamp Shaheen, a local name on their product. Ka Khan may be able to help us over this.....

Maximus
05-12-2009, 09:15 PM
its the local version of the cf-98...

we kinda deviated from the stoeger clone.. any new updates.

Ka_Khan
05-12-2009, 10:22 PM
So many CF's are purchased by members these days and discussed so they needed discussion under separate topic.I have moved the posts from different topics here.
Enjoy discussing CF 98 clone here.
About printing of SHAHEEN on chinese guns,in past we have discussed that there are some origional chinese guns with SHAHEEN logos and they are genuine.They were ordered by some importer.
I almost know who is making what but Still finding the manufacturer of CF 98 in Peshawar/Darra. :rolleyes:

Anthrax
05-12-2009, 10:35 PM
Ka_Khan can you arrange some pictures for us? It'd be much more helpful for us to distinguish between the fake and the real one.

Rizshu
05-12-2009, 10:52 PM
its very sad, if cf clone is in pakistan and dealers are selling it in orignal's price? tooo bad must be some hint for distinguish between the fake and the orignal. :(

Ka_Khan
05-12-2009, 10:53 PM
@Anthrax... i will take my camera to the industrial area on Monday and get you pics of other clones.. but havent seen the CF yet.

Dr Zakir
05-12-2009, 11:18 PM
yesterday i went to my arms dealer , he hands me a glock 19 with an auto kit and says that how much should this used glock should worth some body wants an assessment i hold it in my hand look at it the grip felt a little different , but i say to myself this is a 1 st generation thats why i am feeling the difference and tell him its should be around 130 k if without box and accessories. he tells me do u want to purchase for 50k i said what? what is the catch he tells me that dr sahib it is a fake . then i disasembled it apart from the place where the spring rests there was no difference even the barrel looked like the orginal . the markings on slide and slide itself was immaculate . i have been carrying glock for the last 7 years and i could not tell the difference , thats how good counterferits are .
so BEAWARE

wasifali89
05-12-2009, 11:37 PM
@dr zakir

that is something good for the gunsmiths here

but that really makes ppl like me alwaz in a doubt that is it an origional or not

then who to trust and who not is a question i guess

Salahuddin Ayubi
06-12-2009, 12:22 AM

i have been carrying glock for the last 7 years and i could not tell the difference , thats how good counterferits are .

so BEAWARE

HOW ?

EasyRider
06-12-2009, 12:25 AM
I wanna buy a CF-98 in some days, but i am really worried after watching this topic, please do tell us to distinguish b/w original and fake.
i'd really appreciate that, thanks

Topak
06-12-2009, 01:45 PM
its very dangerous thing...if so experienced member Dr.Zakir could not differentiate the fake...how the novices like me can do it..?
its really dangerous thing guys..

KageFox
06-12-2009, 02:48 PM
Don't have a problem with Pakistani clones. Though there is a PROBLEM with sellers trying to sell it off under the guise of the original and charging the price of the original...

06-12-2009, 10:40 PM
@ Kagefox: Can't agree more.

Dr Zakir
06-12-2009, 10:54 PM
+1 kage fox . i just want to say that before any purchase just keep a watch , because if u know that then u would not be easily dodged.

Ilyas
07-12-2009, 12:21 AM
I wanna buy a CF-98 in some days, but i am really worried after watching this topic, please do tell us to distinguish b/w original and fake.
i'd really appreciate that, thanks
Bro don't worry! Simply buy it from a dealer of whom you are sure, would not cheat you by selling you a clone for the price of the original. Go for a reputable dealer and don't try to save Rs.500-1000. If you can manage coming to Peshawar, I'll be happy to help you in this regard.

qaiser
10-12-2009, 04:34 PM
Guys cf 98 clone hasnt yet in market... its in developing phase and may be available in market after a month or so.....u can trust the dukandar for a month....
the avialble clones in market are
GLOCK 19( 1ST GENERATION)
BERETTA 92 FS
STOEGAR
CZ 100
TAURUS(Millennium Pro)
SMITH&WESSON SIGMA
i think if clones r of good quality then we should support the karigars coz we can buy wat we cant afford .. a austrian glock costs 150 k while a clone costs 30 to 40 k

11-12-2009, 07:05 PM

I stand corrected.. talked to the orignal supplier and he says the Shaheen piece is neat and is for 30K+. That acquaintence/middleman just created a confusion with some other clone....

Once again sorry for all the confusion.... :(

Gilani
11-12-2009, 07:56 PM
Guys cf 98 clone hasnt yet in market... its in developing phase and may be available in market after a month or so.....u can trust the dukandar for a month....
BERETTA 92 FS
STOEGAR
CZ 100
TAURUS(Millennium Pro)
SMITH&WESSON SIGMA
i think if clones r of good quality then we should support the karigars coz we can buy wat we cant afford .. a austrian glock costs 150 k while a clone costs 30 to 40 k

@ qaiser. Thanks for the information bro. I am a relieved man as I bought a CF98 few months back. By the way, how authentic is your information??

Glockcohlic
11-12-2009, 08:39 PM
yesterday i went to my arms dealer , he hands me a glock 19 with an auto kit and says that how much should this used glock should worth some body wants an assessment i hold it in my hand look at it the grip felt a little different , but i say to myself this is a 1 st generation thats why i am feeling the difference and tell him its should be around 130 k if without box and accessories. he tells me do u want to purchase for 50k i said what? what is the catch he tells me that dr sahib it is a fake . then i disasembled it apart from the place where the spring rests there was no difference even the barrel looked like the orginal . the markings on slide and slide itself was immaculate . i have been carrying glock for the last 7 years and i could not tell the difference , thats how good counterferits are .
so BEAWARE

Zakir Bhai, that gun with the silver kit was also put in to my hands as well but he didn't asked me if it is fake or not? He knows I know :) Gud copy though.

Dr Zakir
11-12-2009, 09:40 PM
yes but most of people will not recognize it

Dr Zakir
11-12-2009, 09:41 PM
and when are we meeting ?

Glockcohlic
11-12-2009, 09:52 PM
Inshahallah on new year's eve.

Glockcohlic
11-12-2009, 09:53 PM
Zakir Bhai have to show u some thing, Moeen Bhai must hv told U :)

qaiser
12-12-2009, 04:43 PM
gilani bhai i visited small industrail estate on 26/11 2009.. i visited the factory(pak arms company) which is going to introduce the cf98....their was some sort of work remaing in their molds..i intended 2 buy but they told me 2 call after a month or 2

12-12-2009, 07:04 PM
and i today talked to the DSA guys over the phone about their mythical 9mm pistol :) ... the guy said that it is still under development and may take another 6 months.

Ka_Khan
12-12-2009, 09:35 PM
Today visited Darra..CONFIRMED No clone of CF 98 in the market yet.As told you guys before the SHAHEEN logo you saw is also chinese.That i informed you people a year back.

12-12-2009, 10:32 PM
Thats why you are the guru..and i a novice..

Ka_Khan
12-12-2009, 10:38 PM
Thats why you are the guru..and i a novice..

I think its the other way round :)
My knowledge about Guns is very limited and i am just a student here learning something new each day.

Gilani
12-12-2009, 10:38 PM
Ka_Khan, qaiser, thanks for the information Sir.

taimikhan
12-12-2009, 11:33 PM
Ka_Khan Bhai, just wanted to ask if any info about the CF98 in market with no railings for accessories as we use to see in the other ones.

Ka_Khan
13-12-2009, 10:24 PM
taimikhan will find the answer to this question soon.

AK47
13-12-2009, 11:55 PM
Today visited Darra..CONFIRMED No clone of CF 98 in the market yet.As told you guys before the SHAHEEN logo you saw is also chinese.That i informed you people a year back.
Ka_Khan............Thanx for this info. I think the one I saw some time back must have been the Shaeen one, that I mistook for a local.

Well, to be true, I think, if there is no clone of this model so far, one reason is perhaps the low price of the original as such, around 28-30K, don't really think our local producers would like to spend much time on it, for a later sales price of say 10-12K, which also, only few buyers would like to spend, anyway.

Ilyas
14-12-2009, 12:09 AM
About the CF98 clone... visited Sher Khan lala's village on Thursday along with Moeen.
Asked one of his relatives about these, who said these are being manufactured. When
I asked about the manufacturer, he was not sure about the name, but informed that the
factory was located at Ring road and he thought the name was GMB or something. Haven't
verified it from some other source yet.

AK47
14-12-2009, 12:12 AM
@Ilyas bro........Thanx also. Let's hear if any more confirmation in this regard, now two of our Peshawer brothers have different sources of information. Let's see, however, interesting.

qaiser
16-12-2009, 04:43 PM
illyas bhai GMB has started the clone of taurus millinium PRO...they r in market.. i am not sure about clone of cf98....as far as shaheen logo is considred china dont care about names..if u pay them they will print whatever u want...

PsiFactor
25-01-2010, 11:23 PM
illyas bhai GMB has started the clone of taurus millinium PRO...they r in market.. i am not sure about clone of cf98....as far as shaheen logo is considred china dont care about names..if u pay them they will print whatever u want...
I have heard some news about CF 98 clone that it will be market with in a week .Is it true?

Vik
25-01-2010, 11:32 PM
so BEAWARE
Aoa
Coming from you, this is not good. I will take an expert with me on my purchase, InshaAllah.

Vik
25-01-2010, 11:34 PM
BERETTA 92 FS
STOEGAR
CZ 100
TAURUS(Millennium Pro)
SMITH&WESSON SIGMA

Aoa
I have seen fake S&W(40).
Regards
Vik

Vik
25-01-2010, 11:38 PM
Aoa
CF98 is imported by the hundreds in Pakistan. I think chances are very slim for a fake.

Mangloo Ramzani
26-01-2010, 06:56 PM
This thread has made me a worried man, as I'm planning to buy one on my next visit to Karachi.

Sensei
26-01-2010, 09:51 PM
@Ramzani brother yar dont need to worry alots simply go to any
authantic dealer in Karachi and told him if it would be fake the gun will be back to him, secondly check properly the gun you are
going to purchase see the Norinco logo on it the finish of the gun speaks itself and dont pay more than 33k at Karachi also the box of the gun is also very nicely made with Norinco logo
engraved on it also you will have the manual book with it,note
no writings on the gun simply the logo and numbers are punched quite lightly and nicely,hope you will find the right gun
:cool:

A.Abbas
26-01-2010, 09:55 PM
I don't think CF98 clones are in the market yet.

Ka_Khan
26-01-2010, 10:14 PM
I have heard some news about CF 98 clone that it will be market with in a week .Is it true?
Not yet in the market....
PsIFactor could you please send me your contact number on ka_khan@yahoo.com.

Mangloo Ramzani
26-01-2010, 11:55 PM
@Ramzani brother yar dont need to worry alots simply go to any
authantic dealer in Karachi and told him if it would be fake the gun will be back to him, secondly check properly the gun you are
going to purchase see the Norinco logo on it the finish of the gun speaks itself and dont pay more than 33k at Karachi also the box of the gun is also very nicely made with Norinco logo
engraved on it also you will have the manual book with it,note
no writings on the gun simply the logo and numbers are punched quite lightly and nicely,hope you will find the right gun
:cool:

Sensei sir, thanks for da info! Keeping my fingers crossed :|

Sensei
27-01-2010, 02:12 AM
dont worry my dear just Allah ka Nam lo and I am sure things will be fine go ahead buddy :cool:

Faheem
27-01-2010, 09:22 AM
Ramzani brother I got my CF 98 last suterday from Ali Muhammad & sons and verified from different dealers all confirmed me that this is original one....... if you wanna puchase mentioned pistol so go to H.M Traders or Ali Muhmmad & sons.. I hope you will get the original one......

Mitho
27-01-2010, 11:47 AM
they are in the market.

PUNJTANI5
29-01-2010, 07:00 PM
not good pistol by the way has flawed hammer and exposed firing pin

go for kanit (qanooni) turkish pistol instead

copy of beretta fs92 just like cf98

Gilani
29-01-2010, 07:16 PM

Can you please share your experience with us regarding flaws of CF98 (flawed hammer and exposed firing pin etc). I have so far not observed any such flaws in my CF98 and I have fired around 1500 rounds with it.
regards

Ka_Khan
29-01-2010, 10:39 PM

PUNJTANI5 We are observing your irrelevent and misleading statements.I will suggest you better think before you type.

A.Abbas
29-01-2010, 10:55 PM

1- can you please elaborate/explain ""flawed hammer""?????
2- series name is Kanuni, not ""qanooni""
3- can you post the pictures of that thing, you call "copy of beretta fs92 just like cf98"

Usama
29-01-2010, 11:07 PM

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Sensei
30-01-2010, 01:51 AM
Haeinnnnnnn Beretta 92 FS copy of CF 98 :o :o

Alvi
30-01-2010, 09:06 AM
dUH .. :) the statement dictates reconciliation of handgun ratings from scratch :) ... explanation required .. pronto ..

peace out

Denovo87
30-01-2010, 10:08 AM
I think PUNJTANI5 wanted to tell that, 92fs copy was as good as cf98 but his remarks on cf98 having flawed hammer & exposed firing pin :o

Basharat
30-01-2010, 11:15 AM
Does anyone have pictures the CF98 Clone so we can know what to look for?

Mangloo Ramzani
30-01-2010, 02:34 PM
I'm relieved now, after reading the comments on the twister PUNJTANI brought about!
:)

PUNJTANI5
31-01-2010, 08:38 AM
i had a bad experience with cf 98

i bought it NIB
its hammer was short and was not covering the firing pin properly
i shot a few rounds hardly the end of my first clip when the firing pin came flying out of the back of slide missed me by mms and was stuck in the wall behind me

so i returned it the same day and had a good quality guaranteed FAC Nobel pistol Plus Rs/30000/- back

they are based on true experience
and i want to share my experience

if i say a gun is good u say it is alright
if i say it has a flaw it is not misleading but a safety precaution to save lifes

every one must be free of his opinion
and every opinion must be taken with a broad mind and heart

you can go ahead and buy and type of gun u like
thank you

PUNJTANI5
31-01-2010, 08:45 AM
please check internet for CF98, FS 92 and Kanik / Kanit / Kanooni (or whatever it is in Turkish) and see what gun is a licenced copy and what is not
and what is the difference

then every body will be able to understand what i say and mean

i only want all the respectable members to stay safe and practice safe firearm techniques

Faheem
31-01-2010, 10:40 AM
PUNJTANI5 bro please note that we never evaluate any model of pistol with only one experience. CF 98 is one of the best pistol in 30 to 35 k range.

Most of the valueable, practical and most seniors members of pakguns already mentioned in their experiences that they used CF 98 and never found any error.

I got recently CF 98 (Norinco) and fired 100 rounds and found no FTF / FTE... even chinese army is already using the mentioned pistol as severl time our members mentioned in CF 98 threads....

I suggest you please read the CF 98 thread breifly I hope you will find all the technical facts of CF 98 in this thread...

http://www.pakguns.com/forum/viewtopic.php?id=2762

http://www.pakguns.com/forum/viewtopic.php?id=3778

Please visit above mentioned both links

Denovo87
31-01-2010, 11:07 AM
That is one bad experience PUNTANI5 bro, are your sure,
a) pistol was NIB and was not tempered by a local MISTRY before you bought it?
b) are you sure it was original cf98?

As having shorter/smaller hammer and firing pin not locked for inside the slide preventing it to come out from rear are somethng impossible I MEAN IMPOSSIBLE to be done at manufacturing facility OR there is a possibility they made it specially to do the trick what you experienced :)

A.Abbas
31-01-2010, 12:18 PM
There is a small catch under the firing pin of CF98 and firing pin have a KEY (cut), this catch blocks/stops the firing pin to move unless it is pressed, this is firing pin safety. (I don't have the CF98 with me right now, I'll post the pics as soon as I get back). I am still not sure that the firing pin of CF98 can come off the way your describe, But anyway, accident can happen with any gun.
Can you please let us know the status of that firing pin of your gun coming out, was it broken or damage in anyway???if you inspected it after the accident.

Dr Zakir
31-01-2010, 12:20 PM
orginality is doubtful ?

PUNJTANI5
31-01-2010, 01:32 PM
GOD knows what it was
it was made in china by norinco (northern industries corporation china)
cal 9mmx19
had both types of safeties and the said firing pin lock
colour was nickel plated dull
double action
price was around 38k at that time
2yrs ago

the firing pin had a small kink near the racking slot
it was embedded in the wall like a nail
the firing pin safety was broken
the extractor was normal
but the primer of the ctg was bulged
the ctg was however in good condition

the gun which i got after that has written warranty / guarantee by the dealer
but the dealer still refuses to give warranty for cf98

that gun was local made nobel by FAC in 9mm
and the dealer had his son make the test shoots to proove the gun was reliable

the gun costed 12000/- but out of 38000/- for cf98 i got back 30000/- and so i paid 8000/- for the gun and rest was jurmana for the mishap

A.Abbas
31-01-2010, 03:38 PM
GOD knows what it was
it was made in china by norinco (northern industries corporation china)
cal 9mmx19
had both types of safeties and the said firing pin lock
colour was nickel plated dull
double action
price was around 38k at that time
2yrs ago

the firing pin had a small kink near the racking slot
it was embedded in the wall like a nail
the firing pin safety was broken
the extractor was normal
but the primer of the ctg was bulged
the ctg was however in good condition

the gun which i got after that has written warranty / guarantee by the dealer
but the dealer still refuses to give warranty for cf98

that gun was local made nobel by FAC in 9mm
and the dealer had his son make the test shoots to proove the gun was reliable

the gun costed 12000/- but out of 38000/- for cf98 i got back 30000/- and so i paid 8000/- for the gun and rest was jurmana for the mishap

1- Never seen Nickel plated dull CF98
2- To my knowledge CF98 price 2 years back was 54K+
3- Firing pin safety is tab like, installed on the firing pin holder on the slide. (in those CFs I have seen).
4- Can you please elaborate a bit -------the firing pin had a small kink near the racking slot

Ka_Khan
31-01-2010, 08:35 PM
1- Never seen Nickel plated dull CF98
2- To my knowledge CF98 price 2 years back was 54K+

Enough to prove it was not CF 98.May be some 'special clone'.
@PUNJTANI5...thanks for your concerns for the fellow members.What ever happened to you was a bad experience but as mentioned accidents are related to Guns and mishaps happpen.

A.Abbas
31-01-2010, 11:55 PM
I am going to check if some clones are there, if there are some, 'll let the forum know with pics/proofs.