PDA

View Full Version : My new Taurus PT92AF

Salahuddin Ayubi
02-12-2009, 09:51 AM
Went to Lucky Star yesterday, started from the first shop to the right and after a complete U turn ended on the first shop on the left aka Tayabally and finally found what I was looking for.

The pistol for 58k, ammo (chinese) @ 32, holster complimentary and a brunox 300ml spray for 700/-. Pistol came with two magazines, one 19 capacity and the other 15 capacity.

Here are the pics:

http://s4.postimage.org/1qyDXA.jpg (http://www.postimage.org/image.php?v=aV1qyDXA)

http://s3.postimage.org/1Gz5DA.jpg (http://www.postimage.org/image.php?v=Pq1Gz5DA)

http://s3.postimage.org/1Gzd70.jpg (http://www.postimage.org/image.php?v=Pq1Gzd70)

http://s1.postimage.org/1YEM69.jpg (http://www.postimage.org/image.php?v=gx1YEM69)

http://s3.postimage.org/1Gzx49.jpg (http://www.postimage.org/image.php?v=Pq1Gzx49)

http://s3.postimage.org/1GzEyA.jpg (http://www.postimage.org/image.php?v=Pq1GzEyA)

I know I know, I'm pathetic at photography. Should've asked KageFox to do it's portfolio instead :)

I used brunox spray on it before taking these pics, hence the finger prints/marks on the slide, frame, etc.

Despite the fact that the price I got was a little higher than what I had anticipated, however, I found the overall buying experience at Tayabally very good. Tipu Sultan, the name of the person whom I dealt with was an accommodating person rendering advice when required. Moreover, he is a regular visitor of PG.

I would like to thank all members of PG who helped in educating and guiding me towards choosing this gun. Believe me, even rookies like me, give a relatively hard time to dealers when loaded with right information and knowledge available to us at PG. Otherwise, it is quite easy for the dealers to dupe newbies/rookies like myself.

02-12-2009, 10:19 AM
Congrats SA,
Happy shooting......

Ali Akbar
02-12-2009, 10:49 AM
congrats bro SA on ur new purchase and happy shooting bro

Denovo87
02-12-2009, 10:57 AM
Millions of Mubarkan SA, nice peice Mashallah. I can see the training bench in the first pic, do you use it for what its made or only for other activities as I also can see a big bottle of oil in the background ;) :lol: :lol:

Salahuddin Ayubi
02-12-2009, 11:07 AM
Millions of Mubarkan SA, nice peice Mashallah. I can see the training bench in the first pic, do you use it for what its made or only for other activities as I also can see a big bottle of oil in the background ;) :lol: :lol:

:) That big bottle of oil has actually diesel in it. Used it to clean a TT, but forgot to dispose it off. The bench is mostly used for what it's originally intended. For 'other' purposes, it's quite uncomfortable, trust me ;)

For 'those' purposes, there is 'other' furniture, ideally made for 'such' purposes. :lol:

(now don't tell me that I'm going into PB zone)

Sami
02-12-2009, 11:07 AM
A-O-A, Mubarak Sultan, Nice selection. If possible get extra mags,
some times it has availability issues. Take Care. A-H

Salahuddin Ayubi
02-12-2009, 11:13 AM
A-O-A, Mubarak Sultan, Nice selection. If possible get extra mags,
some times it has availability issues. Take Care. A-H

Yes, I'll be looking into that soon. Do you have any idea of their rates (Taurus original and Mec-gar ones) ?

Btw, these two magz combined hold 34 rounds (19+15), which in my opinion are quite reasonable. What I can't do with these, I won't do with rest either. Anyways have a TT with three magz (3x8=24) also available ready to use in addition to a .22LR revolver (6 shot). In a few weeks there'll Inshallah be a 7+1 pump action lying nearby as well. So all together, for HD purposes, this will serve the purpose, quite satisfactorily....... I think.

Salahuddin Ayubi
02-12-2009, 11:14 AM
Jazakallah khair for the mubruk brother 139, Denovo, Stigma and Ali Akbar.

Denovo87
02-12-2009, 11:23 AM

:) That big bottle of oil has actually diesel in it. Used it to clean a TT, but forgot to dispose it off. The bench is mostly used for what it's originally intended. For 'other' purposes, it's quite uncomfortable, trust me ;)

For 'those' purposes, there is 'other' furniture, ideally made for 'such' purposes. :lol:

(now don't tell me that I'm going into PB zone)

Thanks for a quick clarification brother but I cannot stop myself writting this, there is nothing like comfortable or uncomfortable if you are going for the kinky stuff :lol:

after writting that I can hear lashes comming down from mods :mad:

JUGAN99
02-12-2009, 11:25 AM
congrats SA on your new purchase :)

Salahuddin Ayubi
02-12-2009, 11:34 AM
Thanks for a quick clarification brother but I cannot stop myself writting this, there is nothing like comfortable or uncomfortable if you are going for the kinky stuff :lol:

after writting that I can hear lashes comming down from mods :mad:

Winter's hibernation season, don't worry.

We'll discuss this further when we meet at the GTG. Always willing to learn from creative individuals with a kinky mindset.

Aamar
02-12-2009, 11:36 AM
Nice purchase , happy shooting :D

selfdefence26
02-12-2009, 11:54 AM
Hey Salahuddin,
Congrats for the purchase of this pistol. Looks awsome. Have a great time shooting!.
Rgds,
SD

Salahuddin Ayubi
02-12-2009, 12:12 PM
Thanks SD, Aamar and Jugan.

SD, I know I told you as well as Aqb that I'll inform you when I'll be going for the purchase, but I had not initially intended to purchase this yesterday. Just went there to pick up my licenses, however, once the license was in my hand, couldn't stop myself from buying the gun I wanted immediately. Apologize bro.

Slayerjatt
02-12-2009, 12:29 PM
sir many congratulations on the green backs and the beautiful acquisition.it's a beauty MASHAALLAH.and i think if our mods share the same mind set,they would prefer handcuffs and stuff instead of lashes.and what isn't uncomfortable isn't kinky.:p

Salahuddin Ayubi
02-12-2009, 01:04 PM
Need some info.

Is there any need to clean, oil, lubricate, etc this piece before I test fire it? If yes, how and with what? I have a can each of Brunox and WD40 handy.

When I disassembled it yesterday, I saw no need to clean it as it was brand new, however, I did put oil where the slide slides and on some external/internal parts like trigger spring, mag release button, slide lock lever, etc. But didn't put anything in the barrel or the firing pin or the chamber. If already discussed, please provide link.

Denovo87
02-12-2009, 01:13 PM
Need some info.

Is there any need to clean, oil, lubricate, etc this piece before I test fire it? If yes, how and with what? I have a can each of Brunox and WD40 handy.

When I disassembled it yesterday, I saw no need to clean it as it was brand new, however, I did put oil where the slide slides and on some external/internal parts like trigger spring, mag release button, slide lock lever, etc. But didn't put anything in the barrel or the firing pin or the chamber. If already discussed, please provide link.

I know after my post you will be bombarded with the different suggestions, you just have to strip the gun i.e slide, barrel, main spring etc clean with Brunox giving special attention to the area where slide moves on frame. Brunox will work as cleaner n lubricant or you can use seperate lubricat (moderately) after cleaning.
Once you are finished with cleaning, lubrication & assembling the gun you will feel the difference (specially if gun had grease on it) while racking the slide.
To my openion thats all you need to do before getting KINKY with your new gun ;)

Salahuddin Ayubi
02-12-2009, 01:16 PM
The gun had no grease anywhere. So, I simply sprayed lightly the area where slide moves on the frame, the trigger, mag release button, slide lock lever and the disassembly button/latch. I guess that's good enough then.

Lagta hay kafi din say farigh nahin hoay ho aap...................... hence the kinkiness :lol:
Man, you need to empty a few clips.

Denovo87
02-12-2009, 01:28 PM
Lagta hay kafi din say farigh nahin hoay ho aap...................... hence the kinkiness :lol:
Man, you need to empty a few clips.

:lol::lol::lol: Bro just one month away from being 49, at this age you mostly are left with KINK only, very less CLIPS to empty ;)
And by the way its first day with some peace at office after about a fortnight of extenssive brain strorming, that can be second reason of me behaving this way :)

Salahuddin Ayubi
02-12-2009, 02:01 PM
Ofcourse sir, it is indeed the peace at office ;) . Carry on with the kinky stuff. I'm loving it :)

Enigmatic Desires
02-12-2009, 02:41 PM
Congrats Ayubi Bhai thats bout the best piece available at that price range. an to get it with rails.. is the proverbial icing on the cake

@Danny bhai.. when one is already into benches and stuff.. Trust me a bottle of lubricant is definitely NOT required.. (hopefully)

Salahuddin Ayubi
02-12-2009, 02:50 PM
@Danny bhai.. when one is already into benches and stuff.. Trust me a bottle of lubricant is definitely NOT required.. (hopefully)

wow Wow WOW!

We trust you ED. After all, you're just coming back from Lahore after fulfilling some 'friendly' obligations, hence in great form and spirit.

However, I personally think that at least one (either frame or the slide) should be well lubricated before action, otherwise, might cause some damage. If it comes in pre-greased or pre-lubricated condition, then great, shoot your clips to your hearts content.

Mods...... it's not what it looks like....... honest. :|

Enigmatic Desires
02-12-2009, 03:02 PM
(sigh) I had been procrastinating for tooooo long as regards the 'friendly obligations".. Quite silly of me really!

Generally when 1 shoots NIB..One really shouldn't need any lubricant.. after all one has to have trust in oneself as well as one's weapon... If that trust is there.. the lube is unnecessary.

In fact can become counterproductive....

P.S The Mods can c the halos on our heads..

Salahuddin Ayubi
02-12-2009, 03:13 PM
I'm speechless. :lol:

How much did you increase waist and weight wise during your stay in LHR?

Anthrax
02-12-2009, 03:20 PM
Congratulations on this amazing purchase brother! Have a good and safe time with this beauty! ;)

Enigmatic Desires
02-12-2009, 03:34 PM
A was just answering your query (in all innocence!!!) Ayubi Sahib.. bout whether one should lube NIBs before firing..

It has been my experience that lubing an NIB too liberally would make its innards slippery and u might inadvertently squeeze off a shot before U are ready..

And as responsible weapon owners we all know the grave consequences of miss fires.. :D

My Lahore tri put me in a very very good mood.. soo I have not dared check my waist or weight since I got back... ;)

Denovo87
02-12-2009, 03:35 PM
(sigh) I had been procrastinating for tooooo long as regards the 'friendly obligations".. Quite silly of me really!

Generally when 1 shoots NIB..One really shouldn't need any lubricant.. after all one has to have trust in oneself as well as one's weapon... If that trust is there.. the lube is unnecessary.

In fact can become counterproductive....

P.S The Mods can c the halos on our heads..

I didnot know what I have started :) are we talking something self lubricating? as I knew this thread was to see and adore SA's new Taurus PT92 but it seams going towards something kokshaster :D

Enigmatic Desires
02-12-2009, 03:37 PM
Danny Bhai modern weapons ar'nt desirous of lubricants .. .. But by an large U need to keep em well oiled after heavy bouts of shooting..

Wont U agree??

Denovo87
02-12-2009, 03:37 PM
A was just answering your query (in all innocence!!!) Ayubi Sahib.. bout whether one should lube NIBs before firing..

It has been my experience that lubing an NIB too liberally would make its innards slippery and u might inadvertently squeeze off a shot before U are ready..

And as responsible weapon owners we all know the grave consequences of miss fires.. :D

My Lahore tri put me in a very very good mood.. soo I have not dared check my waist or weight since I got back... ;)

I really love your inocense ED, am sure you mean what you wrote without any any pun invloved :)

9mm Luger
02-12-2009, 03:40 PM
congrats and a very nice purchase .. mind if I give it a try!! :)

Gunpsycho
02-12-2009, 03:40 PM
Congrats Salahuddin Sahib on ur Great Purchase. Sir its irrelevant here BUt are u working for Toyota?

Salahuddin Ayubi
02-12-2009, 03:43 PM
Denovo, forget the PT92, this is more fun :lol: I love it when ED gets going.

So, ED, seems you enjoyed some lengthy rounds of shooting in Lahore.

Just a reminder, Safety comes first. So be safe, wear protection (ears and eyes) and have fun shooting.

Enigmatic Desires
02-12-2009, 03:43 PM
Whats a pun danny bhai?? :D

Enigmatic Desires
02-12-2009, 03:44 PM
Denovo, forget the PT92, this is more fun :lol: I love it when ED gets going.

So, ED, seems you enjoyed some lengthy rounds of shooting in Lahore.

Just a reminder, Safety comes first. So be safe, wear protection (ears and eyes) and have fun shooting.

Actully I did. hence all my 'sagacious' advice!! :lol:

Salahuddin Ayubi
02-12-2009, 03:44 PM

Sure, anytime bro. Take me to the range and this way, I'll get to shoot it too :lol:

Salahuddin Ayubi
02-12-2009, 03:48 PM
Congrats Salahuddin Sahib on ur Great Purchase. Sir its irrelevant here BUt are u working for Toyota?

ahum.......No

Are You?

Enigmatic Desires
02-12-2009, 03:50 PM
Waisay... S.A.. the 92 looks almost exactly like the 917C except for the protuding barrel..

I sincerely hope it does not give U the hard time the 917c did to me..

Salahuddin Ayubi
02-12-2009, 03:53 PM
Firstly, this ones a tried and tested model, so I'm hopeful it'll be fine.

Secondly, you had that 917c dipped in God-knows-what, if I remember correctly, before you shot with it.

9mm Luger
02-12-2009, 03:57 PM

Sure, anytime bro. Take me to the range and this way, I'll get to shoot it too :lol:

Any day sir only that I dont have membership yet!! :D

I purchased my stoeger in july 09 and havent yet tested it!!

9mm Luger
02-12-2009, 03:58 PM
@ SA Bhai

why dont we try some farmhouse/ lonely place instead :D :D

HKS
02-12-2009, 04:07 PM
congrats nice purchase..

Enigmatic Desires
02-12-2009, 04:11 PM

Secondly, you had that 917c dipped in God-knows-what, if I remember correctly, before you shot with it.

Nopes.. I tried shooting it from every position possible.. .. on the bench... standing up... even lying down in the dirt

Failed to make a single shot count!!!! :(

9mm Luger
02-12-2009, 04:26 PM

Nopes.. I tried shooting it from every position possible.. .. on the bench... standing up... even lying down in the dirt

Failed to make a single shot count!!!! :(

have i missed something??

Naveed_pk
02-12-2009, 04:42 PM
sir many congratulations .... :) Have a good and safe time with this beauty

Enigmatic Desires
02-12-2009, 04:45 PM
@Luger Oh no U have'nt sir.. Not at all .. indeedy No!

AK47
02-12-2009, 04:47 PM
SA.........Congrats bro, it looks nice in blued version, there is always something mystic about black, so nice choice, away from the traditional stainless, I like it. And the best thing about this gun, in my opinion, apart from all technics, is the damned accuracy, trust me, even a child can get some good shots out of it! And now before you go out for som "Kinsky" business, a' la Denovo, let me just say, for comfortable shooting, a bit of pre-fire lubing at right spots cannot harm at all! Good Luck!

9mm Luger
02-12-2009, 04:47 PM
@ED

so whats with the 917c?

you own a shotgun if I remember corectly??

Salahuddin Ayubi
02-12-2009, 05:00 PM
And now before you go out for som "Kinsky" business, a' la Denovo, let me just say, for comfortable shooting, a bit of pre-fire lubing at right spots cannot harm at all! Good Luck!

Thanks AK bro.

That's what I kept telling ED :p

Salahuddin Ayubi
02-12-2009, 05:02 PM
@ SA Bhai

Do you have any on your mind?

Slayerjatt
02-12-2009, 05:03 PM
damn! ED must have misunderstood the lube because he has been looking for a pepper spray in lahore.:D

AK47
02-12-2009, 05:10 PM
damn! ED must have misunderstood the lube because he has been looking for a pepper spray in lahore.:D SJ....ED's not crazy at all. The pepper-spray would leave no work to be done, kind of "auto-fire"! The "munda" is wise!

Rotorcrafts
02-12-2009, 05:35 PM
Congrats Ayubi sahib on your purchase, you purchase seems a pretty wise one..

Denovo87
02-12-2009, 05:47 PM
@ SA Bhai

SA bro; it would have been more approperiate if you had asked " what is on your mind?" :)

Salahuddin Ayubi
02-12-2009, 05:58 PM
@ SA Bhai

SA bro; it would have been more approperiate if you had asked " what is on your mind?" :)

Coz of the 'lonely place' thing? :lol:

Sirjee, aap aaj poray mood main hain. :p

Zhatash
02-12-2009, 06:09 PM
Congratulation SA. Nice choice

Salahuddin Ayubi
02-12-2009, 07:24 PM
Thankyou Rotor and Zhatash.

Ahsanfurqan
02-12-2009, 08:18 PM
mubarkhan..

Hashmat
02-12-2009, 08:21 PM
Slam ayubi Sab,good luck with ur pistol I wish u happy and safe shooting.

Gilani
02-12-2009, 08:22 PM
Congrats and happy shooting, Sir

Rizshu
02-12-2009, 08:50 PM
many congratulations ....

Usama
02-12-2009, 09:27 PM
Congrats SA bro..black color look decent..

LionHeart
02-12-2009, 09:57 PM
@Salahuddin Sb: Brother Many Congrats for this new purchase, indeed its a beauty and a nice handgun this is one of my favorts as well. Mashallah ... so enjoy Happy and Safe Shooting. Inshallah day will come i will have this too. :D

Enjoy Brother .
regards,

KageFox
02-12-2009, 10:00 PM
Congrats once again, on your pistol sir. To tell you the truth, the 92 looks better than the 917, after all...

Salahuddin Ayubi
02-12-2009, 10:04 PM
Glad you like it KF. Thanks.

Know what, I had both the silver one and the black one in front of me. Same models. But just couldn't digest the SS one in my hand. Black one was elegant and beautiful.

KageFox
02-12-2009, 10:06 PM
Would be glad to photograph it some day as you suggested... :D

Don't know why, but I believe you are right about the SS vs Black in case of the 92. On the other hand, I once held a SS PT915, given the choice, I wouldn't have it in any other finish...

Salahuddin Ayubi
02-12-2009, 10:10 PM
I'll appreciate it very much, KF. Let's see if we can coordinate a suitable time.

Abu Al Hawl
02-12-2009, 10:16 PM
SA bro, why dint you buy 917c ?

Salahuddin Ayubi
02-12-2009, 10:25 PM
SA bro, why dint you buy 917c ?

Coz you weren't selling yours any more. J/k

Saw, held and checked out all these 92s, 917s, 909s, 911s and Stoeger, but in the end liked the feeling, balance, etc of the 92. :)

9mm Luger
02-12-2009, 10:27 PM

Coz of the 'lonely place' thing? :lol:

Sirjee, aap aaj poray mood main hain. :p

Lonely place well give me a call and we can discuss many places where i guess we can go but again its risky no matter what

Abu Al Hawl
02-12-2009, 10:35 PM
SA bro, i have already swapped mine with 917c steel, so its no more with me, but if you would have held 917c with rail and finger groves trust me you wouldn't have gone to some thing else. chalo koi masla naheen you have bought a 92fs clone which is also the best piece. enjoy shooting but carefully OK

Ilyas
02-12-2009, 10:49 PM
So our SA bro is on the shopping spree :) Congrats for the PT92 as well as the BRNO .22 rifle.

Ka_Khan
02-12-2009, 11:04 PM
Congratulations SA Sahib.Will love to have its feel on grand Gtg.

Enigmatic Desires
03-12-2009, 12:59 AM
@9mm Luger .. It belonged to a freind of mine..

SA.. U are the 1st person I know who has preffered a 92 in black over SS.. Last I checked the SS ones (in 917c) were in such high demand that they were virtually impossible to get hold of.. an more expensive then the black ones..

Maximus
03-12-2009, 01:13 AM
Congrats SA for your newest addition. I have to meet your dealer ......

Salahuddin Ayubi
03-12-2009, 05:52 AM
Thanks Ilyas bhai.

@KaKhan, Sure Kamran bhai. :)

@ED, I 'am' like that. Once I've done my research and I'm mentally satisfied, it is not necessary that I go with what the majority thinks or goes for.

@AbuAlHawl, Bro I held one in my hands, checked it out, but liked the one inch longer version (92) better. :)

Dr Hanif Malik
03-12-2009, 07:52 AM
s.ayubi this picture resemble with your .22 brno:)
http://s2.postimage.org/rKMRA.jpg (http://www.postimage.org/image.php?v=TsrKMRA)

Salahuddin Ayubi
03-12-2009, 09:44 AM
s.ayubi this picture resemble with your .22 brno:)
http://s2.postimage.org/rKMRA.jpg (http://www.postimage.org/image.php?v=TsrKMRA)

Yum yum. Can't wait for Dec 11, 12 to arrive. Looking forward to seeing you and my rifle. :)

Bilz111
03-12-2009, 11:03 AM
nice...my cousin bought dis from DAAD couple of months back....

Salahuddin Ayubi
03-12-2009, 11:11 AM
Which one?

The PT92 or the CZ Brno?

and for how much?

Bilz111
03-12-2009, 11:14 AM
The PT 92 n i think he bought it for 65K

Salahuddin Ayubi
03-12-2009, 11:17 AM
The PT 92 n i think he bought it for 65K

Then I guess I got a good price. :)

Bilz111
03-12-2009, 11:25 AM
Yup br0....congrats once again

Abbas
03-12-2009, 01:16 PM
Excellent purchases, many congrats !

AK47
03-12-2009, 01:26 PM
SA.........Honestly speaking, I didn't know of any new B.R.N.O! Congrats, buddy, what you paid for this? That's a spree, indeed!

Salahuddin Ayubi
03-12-2009, 01:53 PM
It's not new. Its used in around 90% condition for 25k.

New are available with Tayabally (KHI) for 45k.

Thanks Abbas. Would not have been possible without PG. Four months back, I didn't even know what a Brno was or for that matter whether there was a company named Taurus manufacturing PT92. :lol:

AK47
03-12-2009, 02:08 PM
Thanks Abbas. Would not have been possible without PG. Four months back, I didn't even know what a Brno was or for that matter whether there was a company named Taurus manufacturing PT92. :lol: :lol: Very sincere statement there, SA! You really graduated quickly, now an expert member in 4 months also! My "Phupo", now 85 years old and in K.S.A for third Hajj, used to tell me that in her times she was admitted late to school, she was about 10-12 years old then, yet cleared Matriculation in 3 years! I never believed her, yet your 4 months crash-course here make me somehow believe it now! Lol!

Abu Al Hawl
03-12-2009, 02:09 PM
+1 :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

BERETTA M9 9mm
03-12-2009, 03:57 PM
NIce purchace specially Taurus PT 92.......................I love this gun............

BERETTA M9 9mm
03-12-2009, 03:59 PM
Sir why u dont buy this thing in SILVER............................I think silver looks better than black.............can i go for silver

Salahuddin Ayubi
03-12-2009, 06:53 PM
@ Beretta

Bro, held both of 'em in my hands. While holding the SS one, I felt that I'd have to wear a matching silver bracelet, silver chain and two / three large rings on my fingers to go along with that gun. Black on the other hand looks elegant, decent and serious business.

Basically yaar, it's a personal choice. That's it. :)

Taurus
03-12-2009, 06:54 PM
SA can u post some pictures with 19 round magazine

Salahuddin Ayubi
03-12-2009, 07:11 PM
There you go Taurus:

http://s3.postimage.org/1KI2M9.jpg (http://www.postimage.org/image.php?v=Pq1KI2M9)

BERETTA M9 9mm
03-12-2009, 10:17 PM
Thats great.....................like sunjoo baba..............best of luck with both beauties.......

AK47
03-12-2009, 10:33 PM
Nice thing with extended mag, SA! Looks cool and potent.

KageFox
03-12-2009, 11:11 PM
Now with the 19-rounder... looks like it means business... :D

Coffin Feeder
04-12-2009, 01:46 AM
Congrats on your new purchase. SA do you think Taurus are the best value to money in 50-60K range. I am asking this since I am new to guns.

GatlinGun
04-12-2009, 06:36 AM
@SA, Congratulations on your acquisition. Happy shooting...

Salahuddin Ayubi
04-12-2009, 08:35 AM
Congrats on your new purchase. SA do you think Taurus are the best value to money in 50-60K range. I am asking this since I am new to guns.

Their models 92, 99, 909, 917, 915 and 911, which I've seen and read about are good. I'm skeptical about the rest.

Salahuddin Ayubi
04-12-2009, 08:37 AM

Thanks GG. What's the update on your upcoming purchase?

GatlinGun
04-12-2009, 02:51 PM

Thanks GG. What's the update on your upcoming purchase?

Eyeballing a Taurus 1911 .45 ACP, a CZ BRNO .22 and 7mm NIB, a 153 NIB.

Your suggestions for the .22 is requested.

AK47
04-12-2009, 02:54 PM
GG........For change's sake, take the 1911'r!

Gunpsycho
04-12-2009, 02:56 PM
Gatlingun I would say CZ Brno is the best in price range around 50k

Salahuddin Ayubi
04-12-2009, 06:02 PM
@GG

interesting. Wish you the very best. :)

Salahuddin Ayubi
04-12-2009, 06:14 PM

Tayabally's quoting 45k.

SevenMagnum
04-12-2009, 06:34 PM
you got your rifle in nice condition and price SA sahib.

Salahuddin Ayubi
04-12-2009, 09:28 PM
Thanks SevenMagnum. :)

Salahuddin Ayubi
04-12-2009, 10:57 PM
Your suggestions for the .22 is requested.

Suggestion is CZ Brno for price range of upto 45k (NIB). Otherwise Anshutz for price range upto 75k (NIB).

Salahuddin Ayubi
04-12-2009, 11:07 PM
http://www.taurusarmas.com.br/pistola-taurus-pt-101plus-40-17tiros-policia-forcasarmadas-atirador-colecionador-magistrado

Check out the above link. It's a PT 101(Plus).

Same thing as my PT92AF, yet in .40 caliber with amazing 16+1 round capacity.

AK47
04-12-2009, 11:11 PM
Thanks SA, just a damn odd caliber, think almost non-available here.

9mm Luger
04-12-2009, 11:13 PM
+1 AK Saab very odd and rare caliber in Pakistan indeed

Enigmatic Desires
05-12-2009, 02:19 AM
The PT 92 wiht an extanded mag does look quite able to take an finsih any job thrown at it... But it does look pretty big for evey day CC

Salahuddin Ayubi
05-12-2009, 07:05 AM
Indeed it is ED, but it is not intended for CC.

Cap1
05-12-2009, 11:10 AM
Congrats SA!

Maximus
05-12-2009, 12:19 PM

seconded! its a cannon.

Enigmatic Desires
05-12-2009, 02:24 PM
Indeed it is ED, but it is not intended for CC.

(sigh) I wish I was big enough to CC such a weapon.. But then if I were that big I wont require a weapon in the first place...

GatlinGun
05-12-2009, 02:58 PM

Tayabally's quoting 45k.

For a .22 or a 7mm?

GatlinGun
05-12-2009, 02:59 PM

seconded! its a cannon.

That is the plan behind the madness, if I get my hands on a smooth 1911, I will take it.

Salahuddin Ayubi
05-12-2009, 03:48 PM
@GG

.22lr. Tayabally"s quoting 45k for NIB.

Maximus
05-12-2009, 06:57 PM
GG, with a bit of searching one can find God....the 1911 wont be such a big problem ;)

AK47
05-12-2009, 11:18 PM
+1 Maximus bro!

Coffin Feeder
06-12-2009, 02:09 AM
Since I am new into this business I dont know much @SA is there a particular reason that you have prefered Taurus over Stoeger ? What I remember from one of your earlier thread that you were also considering Stoeger along with Taurus.

AK47
06-12-2009, 08:06 AM
@ Coffin Feeder bro......Think SA just went for a HD weapon this time around. He's still considering a concealable SD gun.

Salahuddin Ayubi
06-12-2009, 10:30 AM
That is correct.

My plan is to have four guns with 2 for HD (1 pistol - bedside + 1 12g), 1 for SD - CCW and 1 for plinking (.22lr bolt action).

The Taurus 92 is meant to fill my HD requirements and will be my bedside gun. This will be in addition to a 12g pump action (coming soon) in another room, which can be accessed on need basis. Moreover, until the time I get a CCW, the 92 will be accompanying me in my car as well.

The 92 is an excellent range gun and will be used for that purpose too.

Regarding the comparison b/w Stoeger and PT92...... I am a heavy guy and have always felt more comfortable with handling heavy and large things. Even in squash, I preferred heavy graphite racquets with double grips instead of light aluminum ones. Before I bought it, I held both in my hand and felt them. PT92 felt much better. But that's for me. Maybe for you, Stoeger would feel better. So check out which one fits your hand better.

Sensei
11-12-2009, 12:44 AM
@Salahuddin though I am late enough but hope you will accept
my hearty congratulations for your new purchases specially for
your PT 92 very nice looking weapon infact really a wonderful choice,I really like the pics looks great with 19 mag,once again
Buhat Buhat Mubarak ho :) :cool:

Yardie Jutt
11-12-2009, 12:48 AM
@Salahuddin though I am late enough but hope you will accept
my hearty congratulations for your new purchases specially for
your PT 92 very nice looking weapon infact really a wonderful choice,I really like the pics looks great with 19 mag,once again
Buhat Buhat Mubarak ho :) :cool:

sir g its better late then never
and the nifty piece is still meritorious :D

Salahuddin Ayubi
11-12-2009, 08:44 AM
Thanks guyz. Loving it.

Let off a few rounds (target practice) last evening at 15 yards . Working on my grip. I'm hitting a little towards 4 o'clock - 5 o'clock region. Checked and learn't that I'm probably gripping it too tightly.

MIdreesTaj
11-12-2009, 11:26 AM
Thanks guyz. Loving it.

Let off a few rounds (target practice) last evening at 15 yards . Working on my grip. I'm hitting a little towards 4 o'clock - 5 o'clock region. Checked and learn't that I'm probably gripping it too tightly.

thats great brother.. you seem to find it correct. May be your fingers are gripping inconsistently over the front strap of grip...but theres another reason which probably is most likely in your case and my case as well as i do that too. So I am with you.
Also do check by dry firing(use snap cap if you like) that while under stress, do you, when pulling trigger, pull the pistol as well in direction of the motion of trigger. Most of us are right handed, pistol in right hand when being pulled at trigger with index finger will move a bit to right and a little low! and hence 4 or 5 O' clock hits to the bullseye.
Ideally this should not happen, we can control it by first practice dry firing to see the cause, ofcourse if find the issue then you can eliminate it. As the term suggests Squeeze the trigger, it actually Squee-eee-zee - ing. To me it is to over come the pre-travel and letting the shot off while consistently focusing on the front sight untill you are surprised by the shot.
Also we can overcome this easily by practice in slow shooting, but after a couple of shots, adrenaline kicks in. Theres kinda shake-in thingy that starts at this point, so it is the break time, for a couple of long breaths to relax and then start again. This will also become better with practice and so on.
Being good at Sqee-eee-ze'-ing the trigger everytime in quick successive shots is the next thing which will require further practice but make sure your earlier step is cleared repeatedly to conform with consistency.
Bro SA, these are my own findings and tips which I practice with and just for info I am an amateur shooter with 85% way to go.

Salahuddin Ayubi
11-12-2009, 12:04 PM
Also do check by dry firing(use snap cap if you like) that while under stress, do you, when pulling trigger, pull the pistol as well in direction of the motion of trigger.

Did exactly that and found that it was not the case.

a55kika
11-12-2009, 01:12 PM
Dude...Can I use brunox to clean/lubricate my saiga-12?
I used it on my Girsan and no doubt it's very effective although I'm not quite sure about using it on my saiga-12 :S...
A friend told me that it's actually good if you wanna preserve your weapon otherwise he suggested to use other gun lubricants such as Gunlube etc...For cleaning* I'd say there is nothing better than the Brunox.

Oasis
11-12-2009, 02:18 PM
AOA ..

Cong SA for ur purchasing PT92. ths s cool mod r reliable . i got n same shape but pk made, find extremely accurate . Mubarik again safe shooting . :)

Oasis
11-12-2009, 02:38 PM
SA bro, i have already swapped mine with 917c steel, so its no more with me, but if you would have held 917c with rail and finger groves trust me you wouldn't have gone to some thing else. chalo koi masla naheen you have bought a 92fs clone which is also the best piece. enjoy shooting but carefully OK

AOA..

u r rit abt 917c rail and finger groves bz my friend bought ths and s really really cool to fire and hold . thy got both model of 917c ..

Salahuddin Ayubi
11-12-2009, 10:44 PM
Dude...Can I use brunox to clean/lubricate my saiga-12?
I used it on my Girsan and no doubt it's very effective although I'm not quite sure about using it on my saiga-12 :S...
A friend told me that it's actually good if you wanna preserve your weapon otherwise he suggested to use other gun lubricants such as Gunlube etc...For cleaning* I'd say there is nothing better than the Brunox.

Bro, I think it's safe to use Brunox on your Saiga. Don't see any reason why you shouldn't. Been using it on my PT92, TT and Airguns ..... havent had any issues. Just love this product (and it's smell too :) )

a55kika
12-12-2009, 02:37 AM
DUDE!
Its TOXIC! always spray in well ventilated areas

Salahuddin Ayubi
12-12-2009, 08:47 AM
Yaar, it's not like i'm spray painting it. It's used in very little quantities. A little phuff here and a little phuff there. Unless you're planning to coat the whole gun with it, I think, using it indoors is safe.

aneekgee
14-12-2009, 05:31 PM
very good and beautiful pistol dear but it is too costly 58k

Salahuddin Ayubi
17-12-2009, 10:57 AM
Called Tayabally for extra mags. He says that although not currently in stock, however, I should be able to get them @ not more than 5k/-.

Need advice from members for source and price.

Manj
17-12-2009, 12:02 PM
very nice choice. sorry for late congrats because i was not in the forum due to my papers. ok enjoy happy shooting:)

SHOOTER
20-02-2010, 12:00 AM
Today i got my first Handgun Taurus PT92 AFS in silver with 2 mags....After viewing the comments on the gun could not resist it .....I got the gun from PARA for 55k...I met Abbas bhai there for the first time it was a short but good experience...Also got a scope Tasco 4x32 for my diana 36 airgun for 2500....Fired around 30 rounds from the taurus and it feels great..

Oasis
20-02-2010, 03:09 AM
Today i got my first Handgun Taurus PT92 AFS in silver with 2 mags....After viewing the comments on the gun could not resist it .....I got the gun from PARA for 55k...I met Abbas bhai there for the first time it was a short but good experience...Also got a scope Tasco 4x32 for my diana 36 airgun for 2500....Fired around 30 rounds from the taurus and it feels great..

AOA ..

Cong shooter for ur new purchase. Safe shooting bro .

Thx.

Dr Hanif Malik
20-02-2010, 07:17 AM
@shooter sahab cong for great purchase,please shre target shoot also thanks:)

Sensei
20-02-2010, 11:13 AM

@shooter brother many many congrats for your new purchase
ineed it is a trusted gun :)

Enigmatic Desires
21-02-2010, 07:00 PM
Many congrats on your new weapon shooter

Shariq
22-02-2010, 08:33 PM
@Shooter
Very good choice. I have bought the same but not test fired yet.

Khakwani
22-02-2010, 08:54 PM
yara any suggestion to buy a good hand gun in the 60K????

Salahuddin Ayubi
01-03-2010, 12:19 PM

Great purchase Shooter. Have fun. This is a very accurate and reliable handgun.

aj
02-03-2010, 11:53 AM
Salahuddin bro,

I am now convinced and buying myself PT92 in black. I asked around.. the rate is 62K. isn't this too expensive. can someone help me out here so i can bargain with the dealer.

Salahuddin Ayubi
02-03-2010, 12:43 PM
@ AJ,

I purchased the black PT 92 AF from Tayabally couple of months back in 58k. Visit the shop after Zuhr and ask for Tipu Sultan. Tell him a friend of yours (bearded fellow - a PakGuns member) bought same thing for 58k from him along with a 19 round mag. Also tell him that you too are a PG member and have been referred.

Sohail Waheed
02-03-2010, 12:54 PM
@ ayubi, Whats the difference between PT 92 AF and PT 92 AFS. I think S stands for silver?

aj
02-03-2010, 02:07 PM
I got my license from tayabally, he quoted 62K. will tell him about you. He also said he'll give me 2k discount on a market rate. Then it should be around 62K. will check with other dealers in the market. thank you SA

Salahuddin Ayubi
02-03-2010, 02:15 PM
I got my license from tayabally, he quoted 62K. will tell him about you. He also said he'll give me 2k discount on a market rate. Then it should be around 62K. will check with other dealers in the market. thank you SA

The only other dealers for PT 92 that you should check are Pioneer, Badar and DAAD. The rest on Mainsfield Street do not have it in black (atleast till a month back).

aj
03-03-2010, 09:11 AM
Hey SA bro,
Yesterday i went to Tayabally and bought myself a 92 in black with rails. It was a fresh piece. The box included 92fs in black with 2 15 rounds magazine, one cleaning brush and a rod, One manual which has PT917 picture on it. IS this the complete package or am I missing something from the box?
Another thing i wanted to ask was under the slide catch there's a small black round thing(looks like a button) on that there's a tiny wire piece protruding. Is this common in all 92s? to clarify further I will send you a picture.

aj
03-03-2010, 09:33 AM
SA bro
one more thing.. does taurus 92 has a key lock system(back side of the grip)
please confirm....

Salahuddin Ayubi
03-03-2010, 09:36 AM
Congratulations bro AJ.

You've made a fine acquisition and I hope you'll love and enjoy it's reliability and accuracy.

The manual indeed has a 917 pic on it and yes that's pretty much what you get in the box.

Regarding the magz though, you should have asked him to replace the extra 15 round mag with a 19 round one.

About the tiny protruding wire, please post good quality close up pictures for further clarity.

Next thing to buy should be a box of Magtech Jacketed Hollow Points (preferably from Elahi Bux Clifton @ 90/round). Keep one mag full of it for SD purposes.

Salahuddin Ayubi
03-03-2010, 09:37 AM
The key lock system is on new models which are currently not available in PK. I myself looked for it alot but could not find it here.

aj
03-03-2010, 09:59 AM
thanks alot, in office at the moment but will send you the pics ASAP. About the mag I can still replace it, I know the agent pretty well . But tell me something does the 19rd mag sticks out from the handle?

aj
03-03-2010, 10:20 AM
http://s1.postimage.org/iDZ0A.jpg (http://www.postimage.org/image.php?v=gxiDZ0A)

Ok i found this image from the net, and this one has that wire also. I hope this image will help. Whats the function of this wire.?

Salahuddin Ayubi
03-03-2010, 10:56 AM
http://s3.postimage.org/1KI2M9.jpg (http://www.postimage.org/image.php?v=Pq1KI2M9)

Here's the snap of my PT92 with 19 round mag. During my visit to Lahore few weeks back I bought another 19 round Taurus-made mag for 4k. In KHI it's close to 5k.

The image you posted above shows the small wire protruding and YES this is NORMAL. I have it like this in my 92 as well. So relax bro. :)

By the way AJ, how much did you get it for?

aj
03-03-2010, 01:26 PM
62k and bought a hard box for RS.1500.

Aquarius
03-03-2010, 02:11 PM
Aj bro.. this small wire you are talking about is the retainer for trigger pin.. its normal..

Salahuddin Ayubi
03-03-2010, 03:12 PM
62k and bought a hard box for RS.1500.

Is it the Plano brand one? If yes, that's a good buy.

aj
04-03-2010, 09:04 AM
yup it's piano. I really like it. Now i have to invest in good holster

Salahuddin Ayubi
04-03-2010, 10:48 AM
yup it's piano. I really like it. Now i have to invest in good holster

Get two. One IWB and one OWB.

aj
04-03-2010, 11:22 AM
hey SA,
need to ask one more question do I have to oil my gun or should i do it after firing min of 50 rounds. And please advise, should i use brunox for inside. And what should i use for exterior of the gun.

Salahuddin Ayubi
04-03-2010, 11:35 AM
Read a similar question posted by me on the first two / three pages of this thread and the replies I got.

In short, just lubricate (2-3 drops max) the key areas inside (1) where the slide travels / moves on the frame and (2) trigger. Use Hoppes no 9 gun lubricant for this purpose.

A coat of brunox over the outside on a disassembled gun and proper wipe-down using a soft cloth will do the job.

Also buy a Hoppes no 9 Copper Solvent for cleaning the barrel after each shooting session.

DO NOT use brass brushes for barrel cleaning. Instead use soft brushes or preferably pull-throughs (snake bore) for barrel cleaning.

DO NOT insert any barrel-cleaning brush from the muzzle side, rather insert it from the breech side.

aj
05-03-2010, 09:20 AM
hey SA bro,

Thank you very much..it was very helpful...

...got a minor scratch on my barrel while disassembling the gun. It looked as if some black paint came off. I was really disappointed, looked like a very cheap paint job. Is there a way to remove that tiny scratch?
today inshallah i'll got to get the things that you recommended for cleaning, should i invest in a good cleaning kit or I should stick to the brush and cleaning rod that came with it.

Salahuddin Ayubi
05-03-2010, 02:23 PM
Invest in Hoppes 9 Pistol Cleaning kit. In it, you'll get the lubricant bottle as well as the copper solvent (check this). I bought it from Elahi Bux at Clifton (opposite ICAP).

Regarding the scratch. Tayabally has bluing pen which is used to cover such scratches, though, if I remember correctly, he was selling it quite expensive. Moreover, having now fired over 500 rounds with mine, my PT92 now has some scratches as well even though I've tried very hard to be careful with its handling. Stop worrying about scratches, unless you're planning to re-sell it soon. PT 92 is a keeper and regarding scratches, you know what they say ...... No scars - No proof. :)

9mm Luger
05-03-2010, 03:03 PM
@ SA 500 round!! congrats sir where did you manage to fire so many rounds safely!! :D

I have not fired more than 4 rounds off my stoeger!! :o in 9 months :o :o :o :o

Salahuddin Ayubi
05-03-2010, 03:07 PM
Hi 9mm, been a long time :)

Mostly in MirpurSakhro and some while in Lahore. All safely and under supervision.

9mm Luger
05-03-2010, 03:20 PM
thats great!! :D

wish I had the same kind of facility available :)

Salahuddin Ayubi
08-03-2010, 07:17 AM
One more thing, if i bought any arm from other city what is the procedure to carry it while traveling by air ?

Although there is an elaborate separate thread for this purpose and you may use the search to find it, however, here's how to do it, in brief:

Upon reaching the scanning machine declare to the security person standing next to it that you have a licensed weapon in your bag. Once through the machine, you'll be asked by ASF personnel to open you bag and show your license. Your gun serial number will be cross-checked with your license along with other details. The number of bullets being carried should be within the limit mentioned on your MOI license. Mind you, the bullets must be kept separately from the pistol and all the magz should be empty.

Thereafter, the ASF personnel will assign another personnel with you who will seal the bag/suitcase and make sure that you check-in your baggage in luggage and do not carry it in hand to the plane. Upon reaching your destination, an ASF personnel will already be there and will identify the suitcase at the luggage belt using the bag number which he already has and he'll remain with you till the time you do not leave the airport building (to make sure you don't take it out inside).

That's pretty much it. All you need is a valid MOI license.

EF KAY
08-03-2010, 12:17 PM
Thanks alot SA...

This forum really helps. :)

You people are doing great work...

I will join you people in near future for more guidance ... have to wait for my lic.

JazakAllah.

Salahuddin Ayubi
08-03-2010, 01:23 PM
@EfKay/KhanFaisal,

I reckon you've registered with two different IDs, which is against forum rules bro. Please check.

Enigmatic Desires
08-03-2010, 01:33 PM
One more thing, if i bought any arm from other city what is the procedure to carry it while traveling by air ?

Although there is an elaborate separate thread for this purpose and you may use the search to find it, however, here's how to do it, in brief:

Upon reaching the scanning machine declare to the security person standing next to it that you have a licensed weapon in your bag. Once through the machine, you'll be asked by ASF personnel to open you bag and show your license. Your gun serial number will be cross-checked with your license along with other details. The number of bullets being carried should be within the limit mentioned on your MOI license. Mind you, the bullets must be kept separately from the pistol and all the magz should be empty.

Thereafter, the ASF personnel will assign another personnel with you who will seal the bag/suitcase and make sure that you check-in your baggage in luggage and do not carry it in hand to the plane. Upon reaching your destination, an ASF personnel will already be there and will identify the suitcase at the luggage belt using the bag number which he already has and he'll remain with you till the time you do not leave the airport building (to make sure you don't take it out inside).

That's pretty much it. All you need is a valid MOI license.

Thanks SA..
Sounds nice an easy.. how ever with all 144 permits cancelled.. how do u get the weapon to the3 airport in the first place

Salahuddin Ayubi
08-03-2010, 01:50 PM
Thanks SA..
Sounds nice an easy.. how ever with all 144 permits cancelled.. how do u get the weapon to the3 airport in the first place

By ignoring Sec 144.

Aquarius
08-03-2010, 03:29 PM
SA...Very well explained Sir...

viper218
08-03-2010, 04:13 PM
Congratulations on purchasing this nice gun...happy hunting!!!.. :)

aj
09-03-2010, 10:22 AM
Read a similar question posted by me on the first two / three pages of this thread and the replies I got.

In short, just lubricate (2-3 drops max) the key areas inside (1) where the slide travels / moves on the frame and (2) trigger. Use Hoppes no 9 gun lubricant for this purpose.

A coat of brunox over the outside on a disassembled gun and proper wipe-down using a soft cloth will do the job.

Also buy a Hoppes no 9 Copper Solvent for cleaning the barrel after each shooting session.

DO NOT use brass brushes for barrel cleaning. Instead use soft brushes or preferably pull-throughs (snake bore) for barrel cleaning.

DO NOT insert any barrel-cleaning brush from the muzzle side, rather insert it from the breech side.

SA bro..
what exactly brunox used for ..is it to prevent rust?
and how do i use Hoppes solvent for the barrel, do i have to dilute it in the water.

Salahuddin Ayubi
09-03-2010, 10:42 AM
SA bro..
what exactly brunox used for ..is it to prevent rust?
and how do i use Hoppes solvent for the barrel, do i have to dilute it in the water.

AJ,

Brunox spray can be used for cleaning and lubricating your gun as well as neautralising hand sweat, displacing humidity, loosening powder, leader, copper and nikel deposits.

Moreover, you do not need to dilute the Copper Solvent and the following lines will explain how to use this solvent.

To properly clean my handguns I use the following items:

1. Cleaning Rod and Brass Cleaning Brush (attached to the cleaning rod)
2. Cleaning Patches
3. Cleaning Solvent - Hoppes # 9

Simple steps to follow after a shooting session:

1. Insert the cleaning brush from the chamber, through the barrel, and out the muzzle. Withdraw once the whole brush has exited the muzzle side. Do not withdraw if the brush (or portion of it) is still inside the barrel. Clean this way a few times until all visible residue is removed.

2. Push a wetted patch (wetted with Cleaning Solvent) from the chamber, through the barrel, and out the muzzle. Remove patch and withdraw cleaning rod.

3. Push the bronze bristle-brass brush wetted with cleaning solvent from the chamber, through the barrel, and out the muzzle and pull back through the barrel completely.

4. Push another wetted patch from the chamber, through the barrel, and out the muzzle. Remove patch and withdraw cleaning rod.

5. Push the bronze bristle-brass brush wetted with cleaning solvent from the chamber, through the barrel, and out the muzzle and pull back through the barrel completely.

6. Push another wetted patch from the chamber, through the barrel, and out the muzzle. Remove patch and withdraw cleaning rod.

7. Let it soak for 20 minutes. While waiting rinse the bronze bristle-brass brush so solvent won't eat away the brush.

8. 20 minutes push another patch wetted with cleaning solvent from the chamber, through the barrel, and out the muzzle. Remove patch and withdraw cleaning rod. Inspect patch for copper fowling (blue-green coloration). If patch has significant blue-green coloration repeat steps 5 and 6 until minimal blue-green coloration appears on patch.

9. Push a dry patch from the chamber, through the barrel, and out the muzzle. Remove patch and withdraw cleaning rod.

10. Push another dry patch from the chamber, through the barrel, and out the muzzle. Remove patch and withdraw cleaning rod.

11. Wipe muzzle end of barrel to remove remaining solvent.

12. Apply one/two drops of Hoppes # 9 Lubricant Oil in selected places including where the slide moves over the frame, mag release button, slide locking block, mag release button and the trigger.

For further details, please refer our handgun cleaning threads in gun maintenance section and you'll find alot of relevant useful information there.

Aquarius
09-03-2010, 06:46 PM
Very informative indeed Sir SA......

aj
11-03-2010, 09:17 AM
Thank you so much, its very helpful. I have researched quite a bit now, I think i will be able to handle it. Thanks again SA bro

Salahuddin Ayubi
12-03-2010, 09:03 AM
My pleasure guyz.

Budha Khan
19-03-2010, 11:51 PM
Dear Gilani sab!!! baikal mp 446 & Taurus pt99 both are available for 55 k here these days... kindly guide me which one b/w these two HGS in ur view is more reliable and better in all aspects... cc isn't an issue

Gilani
20-03-2010, 12:28 AM
Budha khan sahib, PT99 is more accurate but bigger in size. Baikal is comparatively light and smaller in size. Both are very reliable guns and will never give any stoppage. Try both and buy which you feel fits better in your hand.

Now for PT99, its basically good for the range because of its adjustable sights. However, these sights are sometimes troublesome if the gun is being carried in the holster etc. So if you are looking for a range gun, go for PT99. But than it has to be carried to the range in the box and after firing, again put in the box. No holster use. If you intend carrying the gun, buy PT92 which is the same gun with fixed sights.
Personally speaking, I would like to have a Baikal M446 and PT92 for carrying and PT99 for the range, all three of them. :D
regards

Budha Khan
20-03-2010, 01:31 AM
so sweet of u Gilani shah sab!!! yeah i do carry HG... now again what wud be ur priority b/w baikal viking n Pt 92... :)

MIdreesTaj
20-03-2010, 09:02 AM
@Budha Khan Sb,
Gilani Sb will tell you his preference later.. before that you must be already informed that MP446 and PT92 both are combat handguns, i.e delivers enough accuracy, tolerances, reliability and durability for the purpose. If you intend to carry the pistol, one of your deciding factor is weight and form factor. 446 is bit less bulky and feels lighter in this sense. PT92 protruding barrel if you like that in a carry gun? Any specific preferences of yours with respect to form and factor OR Aesthetics would count.
Next thing is, how the gun shoots in your hands. You should have a thorough check on that. This will verify Grip, Pointability and Trigger preferences of yours. Shoot both. Play with the safeties. Draw fire and holster drills and you will see both pistols are different, catering needs of different people.

Gilani
20-03-2010, 05:20 PM
... now again what wud be ur priority b/w baikal viking n Pt 92... :)

Difficult question http://www.mysmiley.net/imgs/smile/confused/confused0036.gif (http://www.mysmiley.net/free-rolleye-smileys.php) I will buy one of them and immediately start arranging finances for buying the other (that's what I am doing nowadays) http://www.mysmiley.net/imgs/smile/winking/winking0020.gif (http://www.mysmiley.net/free-cool-smileys.php)

Budha Khan
29-03-2010, 02:43 AM
congratulations Salahuddin Ayubi sab for Pt 92... Sir! the accessory rail model has a chrome lined barrel ?

Salahuddin Ayubi
29-03-2010, 09:04 AM
I think it does BK.

Glockcohlic
29-03-2010, 11:24 PM
Congrats SA, its a nice clean and one gud gun.

I M bit late as was on holidays. :cool:

Sahibzada_Jafar
22-09-2010, 05:01 AM
Nice Gun Bro MashAllah !

SAJJAD ALI
22-09-2010, 11:37 PM
Does PT99 or PT92 contains taurus key lock,same as other taurus model contains?????

s.cheema
22-09-2010, 11:41 PM
i think the latest models do

AK47
22-09-2010, 11:47 PM
Does PT99 or PT92 contains taurus key lock,same as other taurus model contains?????

Nope! Unless i'm VERY wrong, those key locks are only 2-4-7/ PT Mil Pro series and Taurus revolver specific. I think this feature is missing in the 92/1911 series of guns by Taurus. :rolleyes:

SAJJAD ALI
22-09-2010, 11:51 PM
but on there website they mention that pt99 or 92 had Taurus key lock and loaded chamber indicator.plz members share some information with me specially who owns this model.

AK47
23-09-2010, 12:02 AM
but on there website they mention that pt99 or 92 had Taurus key lock and loaded chamber indicator.plz members share some information with me specially who owns this model. Now, that's one MORE feature! Interesting, I never knew this gun had the loaded chamber indicator! Great. :o

Usama
23-09-2010, 12:09 AM

Nope! Unless i'm VERY wrong, those key locks are only 2-4-7/ PT Mil Pro series and Taurus revolver specific. I think this feature is missing in the 92/1911 series of guns by Taurus. :rolleyes:

Yep , the new models of Pt 92/99 contains a key lock

AK47
23-09-2010, 12:19 AM

Yep , the new models of Pt 92/99 contains a key lock

Oh, really? Thanks usama bro for clearing it up. Yet, new since when? Do you have to ask for one specifically, or is now a default in all those available in the market? Nice feature indeed, though it's really, rarely used. :)

gun_craze
23-09-2010, 12:22 AM
but on there website they mention that pt99 or 92 had Taurus key lock and loaded chamber indicator.plz members share some information with me specially who owns this model.

Yes I have also read on their website about these features...I was also very much impressed :)

SAJJAD ALI
23-09-2010, 12:33 AM
but in pakistan i havn't seen any pt99 or 92 having key lock and loaded chamber indicator.

Usama
23-09-2010, 12:42 AM
Sajjad Ali
Ak Bro

I think almost all of the 92/99 manufactured from 2009 onwards contains a key lock , i have seen with a senior member
Here's a link showing Taurus key lock ...
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8GnspPgXxoA&feature=related

fahadkhalid
23-09-2010, 12:47 AM
Usama does ur 99 have a key lock

AK-86
23-09-2010, 12:55 AM
The pt 92, 99s that we have in Pakistan are the AF models i.e pt 92AF and pt 99AF, but the models mentioned on the Taurus site are pt 92B and pt 99B so they are the newer versions with some modifications which includes the keylock system.

Usama
23-09-2010, 12:56 AM
Usama does ur 99 have a key lock

Nope's .. It was with Shariq bhai's ......
Currently New ones with k lock/ rails are being retailed @ 62K to 64K and old ones
from 57K to 60K ..

The pt 92, 99s that we have in Pakistan are the AF models i.e pt 92AF and pt 99AF, but the models mentioned on the Taurus site are pt 92B and pt 99B so they are the newer versions with some modifications which includes the keylock system.

Bro please go through the following link , post # 10

http://www.pakguns.com/forum/viewtopic.php?id=4274

AK-86
24-09-2010, 11:35 AM
So? i m right, with the locking mech its the B model and without the locks its AF model you can check in on the Taurus site aswell.

coolbox18
24-09-2010, 03:11 PM
@AK86 bro
All new models of Taurus come with key-lock safety mechanism (i think year 2008 or 2009 onwards) due to safety regulations in US. The older models, some of which are being retailed worldover including Pakistan, are without this key-lock safety :)
http://www.taurususa.com/2010catalog/?catalog_page=2

Regarding AF and B designated models, Taurus PT92/99 series now comes with B(blued finish), SS (stainless steel), and SSM (Combat Stainless Steel Matte finish) designations, and all models have the security system as mentioned in above link :)

http://www.taurususa.com/2010catalog/?catalog_page=58

AK47
24-09-2010, 09:46 PM
@AK86 bro
All new models of Taurus come with key-lock safety mechanism (i think year 2008 or 2009 onwards) due to safety regulations in US. The older models, some of which are being retailed worldover including Pakistan, are without this key-lock safety :)

Regarding AF and B designated models, Taurus PT92/99 series now comes with B(blued finish), SS (stainless steel), and SSM (Combat Stainless Steel Matte finish) designations, and all models have the security system as mentioned in above link :)

@Coolbox.............SSM? In the market? :|

Gilani
24-09-2010, 09:56 PM
I think Shariq sahib once sold one which had a key lock :)

coolbox18
24-09-2010, 10:13 PM
@AK47 sb
havent come across one yet. i think since it is a new finish by taurus in this product, we might see a few in 6months time, the next imports by local dealers.

AK47
24-09-2010, 11:03 PM
@Coolbox............Thanks bro, really looking forward to that, gotta check it out on Taurus USA. One of my major reservations about this unique HD gun has always been the color choice. Whereas the black/blued is subject to easy wear n' tear, the present SS is a bit too shiny,"show off" style. :)

SAJJAD ALI
25-09-2010, 02:00 AM
I have seen many PT99 AFS & PT92 AFS having no any key lock and loaded chamber indicator.

Usama
25-09-2010, 01:01 PM
I have seen many PT99 AFS & PT92 AFS having no any key lock and loaded chamber indicator.

So they must be all Old models ;)

SAJJAD ALI
25-09-2010, 04:30 PM
So from where i can purchase new model having key lock and loaded chaber indicator?

Gilani
26-09-2010, 01:37 AM
So from where i can purchase new model having key lock and loaded chaber indicator?
From most gun dealers :)

SAJJAD ALI
26-09-2010, 01:49 AM
From most gun dealers :)
Thanks Gilani for your short answer.

AK-86
26-09-2010, 04:12 PM
@AK86 bro

Hmmm thanks for correction brother.

Usama
27-09-2010, 01:54 AM

Let me know if you happen to visit Karachi in near future !

SAJJAD ALI
27-09-2010, 11:25 PM

Its my pleasure to go with u for buying this pistol.i will visit soon khi give me your contact number i will let you know thanx

Usama
28-09-2010, 02:35 PM

Its my pleasure to go with u for buying this pistol.i will visit soon khi give me your contact number i will let you know thanx

Just send an E-mail bro :)

Usama
28-09-2010, 02:36 PM

Please Check your Email :)

SAJJAD ALI
29-09-2010, 12:42 AM

Please Check your Email :)

Bro your mail received.Thanks