PDA

View Full Version : air gunners experts help required

HKS
02-12-2009, 12:05 AM
hello all...
my cousin is coming from the states and can bring along an airgun for me...what do u guys suggest...i already own a gamo shadow 1000 with a 3-9 * 40mm scope and was thinking if i could get something better....

id prefer a spring powered air rifle as pcp's would have filling issues here in pakistan...

looking forward to ur suggestions...

Denovo87
02-12-2009, 12:29 AM
RWS 350 Magnum or RWS 350P Magnum, in .22". An excellent airgun with extreme valocity, accuracy & durability to last generations.

farazh
02-12-2009, 09:56 AM
check banjamin discovery air rifle, PCP + pump for US$480-500. up to 1000 fps, no recoil, and hand pump included. check deals on pyramidair.com and then decide.
check the airpower topic for feed back on RWS350 pages ~3-6 (dont exactly remember) a good gun but high recoil. if buget is not an issue then diana/RWS airking 54 is BEST spring airgun available right now, low recoil and 1000 fps.

HKS
02-12-2009, 11:42 AM
what abt the sidelever ones are they supposed to be better than the break barrels...???

if yes how???

and how are these guns better than the gamo shadow 1000...

HKS
02-12-2009, 04:45 PM
@ kagefox waiting for ur response specially on this one

Denovo87
02-12-2009, 05:39 PM
what abt the sidelever ones are they supposed to be better than the break barrels...???

if yes how???

and how are these guns better than the gamo shadow 1000...

Break barrels are more simple operating system than the side levers hence more durable & have less probability to machanism failure with extended use. Comparing Gamo with RWS, you can say Gamo are Turkish guns while RWS (our lovely Diana) are Berettas.

KageFox
02-12-2009, 06:59 PM
Choices to keep in mind would be Diana (RWS) models 48, 52, 54, 350 Feuerkraft and 350 Magnum. The Diana side-levers have an established reputation for lasting a couple of generations.

If you'd like to try something unique and different, you might like to go for the Daisy Powerline 880 or 901 (both moderately powered multi-pump rifles). I used to have an 880 and it was more or less, recoil-less. Being recoil-less means no scope/ mount problems, as is common on high-power spring rifles.

If you wish to get an air-pistol, you might wish to consider the Crosman 1377 (another pump). I will not suggest CO2 pistols, which, though good, become useless when the CO2 canister empties, and as far as I know, there are no refills available here.

Check out the different reviews on www.pyramydair.com before making a final decision.

Keep us updated on what you finally get.

HKS
02-12-2009, 07:33 PM
what do u guys think abt the gamo hunter extreme...gamo claims it to be the fastest airgun in the world.....priced at arnd 455$

with a 3-12 * 50 scope......

but the diana 54 airking is really attractive due to its no recoil system....

but arent these guns a bit too heavy...

KageFox
02-12-2009, 07:47 PM
Faster pellets result in a loss of accuracy due to pellet tumbling. Can also result in damaged seals on the gun if the pellet breaks the sound barrier. Heavier guns damp recoil better, so make for more accurate shots. Though hefting around a heavy airgun can become tiring...

Dr Hanif Malik
02-12-2009, 09:38 PM
rsw350 magnum is top air gun,benjamen,sherdon silver streak.and super streak are best airgun:)
http://s2.postimage.org/qhzyS.jpg (http://www.postimage.org/image.php?v=TsqhzyS)

Dr Hanif Malik
02-12-2009, 09:41 PM
http://s3.postimage.org/1HSBPi.gif (http://www.postimage.org/)

Dr Hanif Malik
02-12-2009, 09:44 PM
http://s4.postimage.org/1rRmfr.jpg (http://www.postimage.org/)

MUSTANIR
02-12-2009, 10:20 PM
+1 @kagefox,,, using a Diana 48 side lever since 10 years without any problem or repair,,, Tareen will second my opinion dat side lever is more accurate and durable than break barrels or PCPs,, take a blind turn and enter a life time of enjoyment trip.

KageFox
02-12-2009, 10:42 PM
Though having never used one, I'd rather get a side-lever, fixed-barrel, than a break-barrel. Before buying, try to think if you will really need the power delivered by, for example, the 350 Magnum. Range vs Accuracy is an important point to consider here. No point in having an air rifle which can deliver high muzzle velocities but somehow, the shooter is unable to accurately place the shots...

HKS
03-12-2009, 01:00 AM
which one do u think is better the 350 magnum or the 54 airking

TAREEN
03-12-2009, 09:20 AM
I second MUSTANIR on side-lever's performance & accuracy.

@HKS....nothing like 54 AirKing. But do get a bi pod with it.

Hashmat
03-12-2009, 11:12 AM
hello all...
my cousin is coming from the states and can bring along an airgun for me...what do u guys suggest...i already own a gamo shadow 1000 with a 3-9 * 40mm scope and was thinking if i could get something better....

id prefer a spring powered air rifle as pcp's would have filling issues here in pakistan...

looking forward to ur suggestions...
Slam,I've been using airguns since childhood first airgun was a very special one but made in Sialkot u can read about it in my intro,second one and still is a BSA,air sporter very reliable and accurate and still going on strong the third one which I recently bought and took to Pakistan is air arms tx 200,still got to post pictures of this beauty about it boy oh boy u simply can't go wrong with that it's stunning and lethal if u want something from states go for something like falcon,theoben,daystate,logun to name a few but these are worth every penny u pay for them mind u tx200 doesn't come with fixed sights so u need a telescope I've fitted mine with ags 3-9-40.

HKS
03-12-2009, 06:20 PM
@ hashmate
thanx for the feed back bro...ill do my research on the names u mentioned....do u mind telling how much the tx 200 cost u....
@tareen
how is the airking with scopes..i heard no matter how good ur scope is the rws 54 airking is a scope eater

MUSTANIR
04-12-2009, 12:02 AM
Air king is the Lexus model of 48,, and believe you me I m using the same scope I mounted about 8 years ago... Air king is far too smooth,, only u cant mount a cheapster on it,, it requires user's respect.

TAREEN
04-12-2009, 08:21 AM
@HKS.....In my personal experience about AirKing & scopes, I have a Norconia installed on it since 2006. Never tweaked it for zeroing since the first time. Only once its eyepiece got slightly loose a few weeks back so I just screwed its ring tight again.