PDA

View Full Version : P.Beretta 1200 FP

Mohammad
29-11-2009, 09:25 PM
salam guys....... yesterday i went to my friends house and got the chance to see his p.beretta 1200 fp shotgun. It had fixed iron sights. to see the details, i gave a search on the internet but the result always showed the semi auto model while the one my friend have is a manual one. Would like to know about this i mean the features, specs, does it handle slugs e.t.c

Moeen
29-11-2009, 09:29 PM
Salam All, This is a very very nice shotgun, I used to own one a while back. Although the barrel is not a slug barrel (grooved) - one can fire slugs through it - at least I used to and the barrel never bubbled or anything. I wouldn't make a habit out of firing slugs on a regular basis though.

MHMalik
29-11-2009, 10:20 PM
I wouldn't make a habit out of firing slugs on a regular basis though.

Does that hold true for this particular shotgun or generally?

Mohammad
30-11-2009, 08:58 AM
@moeen bhai when i inspected the barrel it didnt have any grooves rather it was a smooth one. Can it still fire the slugs

Tipu Sultan
05-12-2009, 05:49 PM
Rifled slugs can be fired through a smooth bored barrel such as the one you mentioned. But with a rifled barrel(grooving), you can fire sabots that have more accuracy and longer range than rifled slugs used for smooth bore barrels.

Moeen
06-12-2009, 12:27 AM
Salam All,
@Tipu Sultan - Correct, very well explained.
I have on occasion fired many slug rounds through smooth bores - here is the main issue: most smooth bores have tighter/smaller dia in the muzzle area to provide better grouping... Aside from that everything that Tipu Sultan has said is it. I used to fire Super Slugs in my Stevens Single barrel shotgun all the time - I had the barrel cut down to 18.5inches and used to keep it in the car for defence. I also fired couple hundred rounds through the Beretta 1200fp and also Remington 1100.... no damage.

AK47
06-12-2009, 01:45 AM
Moeen bro.......How do standard Turkish shotguns handle slugs, guns with no grooves?

Sherwan_88
06-12-2009, 07:09 PM
Somebody said Sabot Rounds? Where? Who? :)

On a serious thought can you get SABOT 12 Gauge in Pak, please don't say Karachi as its 1500 miles away. ;)