PDA

View Full Version : Sad Accident. With a .22 Buck Mark

Skeeter60
29-11-2009, 06:46 PM
Saquib Saigol lost his life two days befor eid in an Accidental Discharge.
I am writing this in the hand guns section as some pertinent points regarding hand guns have to be brought out.
He was under the influence of alcohol and showed off his new Browning Buckmark to friends.
When the friends left he removed the magzine and pulled the trigger but the magazine lock prevented the gun from firing.
He then inserted the empty magazine and casually pulled the trigger; not realizing in his stae of mind that the barrel was pointed towards him or being sure of having pulled the trigger earlier without any click the gun was empty.
The pistol fired and the bullet went through his liver.
He called his cousin on the phone and went to the hospital with his driver but after about 35 minutes or so he collapsed and died due to internal heamorrhage.
LESSONS
1.Alcohol and Guns do not Mix
2.It is always an Empty gun that kills a man.
3.When ever you make a gun safe always physically check the chamber, in case of a Rifle by inserting the small finger in the chamber if you cannot see it due to poor light or gun design.(make it a habbit)
4.Magazine Locks are notorious for accidents like this when the handling is casual. The person thinks the gun is not cocked when he pulls the trigger with the magazine removed ; and again when he inserts the empty magazine the gun will work and if there is a round in the chamber it will fire.
5. Extractors do slip over the cartridge rims leaving a round in the chamber. Very common in case of .22s
6.A gun must never ever point towards any one including your self.
Saquib belonged to the famous Saigol family and was a hunter and grew up around guns he knew what he was doing. Multiple errors combine to result in a loss of life he was 52 years old and avid marksman who frequently visited shooting ranges.
Girtay hain Shah sawar------- ( it is always the stalwarts riding ahead who lose their lives)
I am so sorry for him and his family and it is really very disturbing to see some one familiar with guns die at his own hands due to the reasons I mentioned.
May his soul rest in peace

Denovo87
29-11-2009, 07:24 PM
Very sad accident indeed... one thing struck me odd "how one can point & shot a pistol towards his own liver" no matter how drunk he is????

Slayerjatt
29-11-2009, 07:31 PM
that's really sad. you have to be fanatically safe while handling firearms.

MHMalik
29-11-2009, 07:36 PM
Very sad accident indeed... one thing struck me odd "how one can point & shot a pistol towards his own liver" no matter how drunk he is????

Stranger things have happened... I remember a sentry at Governor House sitting with his chin resting on the muzzle.. and he accidentally pulled the trigger..

May God rest Saigol Sbs soul in peace.. and let this be a lesson for all of us..

Alcohol and mechanical things also never mix.. like vehicles, machinery and firearms..

BERETTA M9 9mm
29-11-2009, 07:58 PM
Its really a sad Accident...................May his soul rest in peace

CougarMan
29-11-2009, 08:45 PM
and this underscores that even a .22 is lethal

MHMalik
29-11-2009, 10:29 PM
and this underscores that even a .22 is lethal

after about half and hour yes..

AK47
29-11-2009, 10:39 PM
@Sir skeeter...........Thanks for sharing this event. Very sad, indeed, especially bearing mind that the person concerned was familiar with guns since long. may he rest in peace.

@Mods, kindly move this highly sad incident to already existing thread: "Gun Accidents", for better compilation and recall.

Haider Shah
30-11-2009, 12:03 AM
Very Sad indeed .

Well all lesons, tips regarding gun safety are only valid until your senses response .

Its not gun which has killed but the influence of alcohol which proved fatal . Guns protect but liquor kills.

I think its a Sin to handle both at a time where safety of own n others is equally compromised. May Allah rest the departed soul in eternal peace and enable us to get mature from the follies made by others. Regards

MUSTANIR
30-11-2009, 12:05 PM
Innalillahe wainna elehiy ragiyion.

HasanJamshad
01-12-2009, 11:10 AM
This is a very sad incident. One must be very very careful witht the guns.

Naveed_pk
01-12-2009, 11:53 AM
Its really a sad Accident...................May his soul rest in peace...

JUGAN99
01-12-2009, 12:14 PM
Its really a sad Accident.......................................May his soul rest in peace

Must be very very careful with the guns

Zubair
01-12-2009, 12:43 PM
Very sad indeed.

Sohail
01-12-2009, 01:15 PM
really sad :|
saqib saigol ?????

regards

Aamar
01-12-2009, 02:53 PM
Sad news :(

Malik1
01-12-2009, 07:45 PM
Sir, Very sad incident and very pertinent lessons. I know of a Gentleman, with whom I had quite an interaction in Africa. He is an ex-patriat, an avid hunter and a keen driver but he drinks heavily. However, I never saw him taking liquor on our hunt trips in the bush. Once asked, he replied I do not drink while driving and hunting and that is why I,m alive. How right is he? :)

haiderkn
02-12-2009, 09:42 PM
Very very sad incident...... but the combination of alcohal with any type of machine is dangerous for human life....

Abbas
03-12-2009, 01:30 PM
Deleted posts with a religious angle. This is quite a sad incident.

Rotorcrafts
03-12-2009, 07:50 PM
Really sad incident, He was an avid aeromodeller too.

Sami
11-12-2009, 07:06 PM
A-O-A, Very Sad indeed. Thanks for sharing and reminding us all about the cautions one must take before handling fire arms. A-H

Glockcohlic
12-12-2009, 05:51 PM
Sad incident.

Never ever handle the gun in any sort of influence which can distract you from the basic safety measures.

It also proves the lethality of .22 LR round, it can take life if any of the vital organs is being hit.

Sensei
12-12-2009, 09:33 PM
A very very sorrow ful eccident indeed though we dont know much about Mr.Saqib but we are really very sorry for him may
his soul rest in peasce,thanks to Skeeter Sir this is Of course
a lesson for those who owns firearms of any sort .,.,.,.,.,.

a55kika
12-12-2009, 10:06 PM
God bless his soul...poor lad :(