PDA

View Full Version : Hunting Arms Prices-Seasonal or Not?

GatlinGun
24-11-2009, 10:34 PM
Hello Everyone,

I would like to invite the insight of seasoned hunters and veteran gun owners to give their opinion and experience on the subject:

1) Are the pricing of hunting arms seasonal?

2) Do the prices go up in the hunting season, like right now?

2) Do the prices traditionally come down after the season?

Your opinion would be helpful to many.

Best wishes,

Gatlingun

aq4530ba
24-11-2009, 10:43 PM
@ GG Bro, I am not very seasoned at all, but i have noticed that there is a marginal increase in prices during the hunting season. Nothing to write home about, but nevertheless a general increase in the price of weapons specifically designed for hunting. I give this information as it has been evident to me in Punjab, where I normally go for hunting on our farm. When I bought my Turkish shotgun, the rate was up by about 4k, supposedly due to hunting season and an increased demand for weapons with the same supply. However, you have to keep in mind that in the cities, no matter how much demand there is, the supply is usually enough to satisfy it, therefore the prices are normally unaffected, where as in the towns and smaller cities, prices are slightly influenced by the hunting season.

It would however be wise to get better advice from some of our more seasoned members.

Regards