PDA

View Full Version : Help for buy a new weapons

asim_mughal2000
23-11-2009, 04:32 PM
AOA all of u, i have no experience to buy new guns for hunting because i m very newly in this field so kindly any one tell me which short gun, rifle, and air gun is good for hunting. i want to cover, short range , middeum , and long range hunting

Malik1
23-11-2009, 04:56 PM
Welcome bro :) . it will be very nice if you introduce yourself on the introduction thread secifically dedicated for it. Now coming to your questions and in that the rifles. As far as rifles are concerned, they come for small game, medium size game and big game. Not in the ranges you specified. For example .223 or .243 in my opinion are ideal calibers for small games like deers, antelopes etc even at greater ranges like 300 yards etc (specially .243). So you may like to reframe your question as to why you want to buy a rifle or which hunt is in your mind. May be then you get more focussed answers. Happy Stay :)

Dr Hanif Malik
24-11-2009, 08:56 AM
well come asim first in pg forum.rifles malik has told you already, shot gun for hunting are many but you are new here buy russian, cheap and resail is good,first get idea make mood then forward,as for air gun you read thread air power by kagefox(reg air guns)in special interest:)

asim_mughal2000
24-11-2009, 06:15 PM
first of all thank's both of u Malik brothers, i have not any good idea of .223 or .243, i m trying to tell u my question again , i want the hunting of Markhor, Ibex, Blue Sheep, in others side , Crane , flying ducks, and other locally available birds , so these king of hunting i want to do , so plz again tell me if u got my point , thank's alot

MHMalik
24-11-2009, 07:55 PM
You will need a good 30-06 rifle for the big game.. preferably with good optics..

for flying shoots get a 28'' barrel shotgun.. either an autoloader or double barrel..

See different ones available in the market and get one that feels and fits you the best given your budget..

Also.. go for the ones that are the lightest available.. after walking a couple of miles at high altitude and you wont thank me enough for this..

asim_mughal2000
25-11-2009, 02:44 PM
can u explane for me what is the 30-06 rifle and what there brands name?

Sohail
25-11-2009, 02:46 PM
welcome asim. :)

regards