PDA

View Full Version : TT Pistol - need help

zarar
23-11-2009, 02:14 PM
Dear fellows
i want to buy a 30 bore pistol please advice that which one is better and local made or Chinese and what is the price range?
http://s2.postimage.org/1Sjer0.jpg (http://www.postimage.org/image.php?v=Ts1Sjer0)

Salahuddin Ayubi
23-11-2009, 02:21 PM
Welcome to PG.

Introduce yourself first please, especially your location.

An idea about your purpose of getting a gun (self defence / home defence / conceal carry) and your budget will also help.

Naveed_pk
23-11-2009, 02:25 PM
Welcome to the forum....Chinese will be more reliable...Price range start from 18 k to 40 k....

RazaRajpoot
23-11-2009, 02:28 PM
Asslam-o-Alaikum zarar bhai first tell ur range but better china made or why not u get 9mm 9mm better 30bore if u want 30 pak made u goes dauod sons pistol

zarar
23-11-2009, 02:36 PM
My Name is Zarar, i am from Jhelum i need this for multi purpose one is self protection and second is to carry as side arm during hunting

zarar
23-11-2009, 02:38 PM
dear raza bhai daud sons are not in pistol manufacturing

Naveed_pk
23-11-2009, 02:42 PM
Zarar what ure price range

Salahuddin Ayubi
23-11-2009, 02:42 PM
My Name is Zarar, i am from Jhelum i need this for multi purpose one is self protection and second is to carry as side arm during hunting

And you budget range is?

zarar
23-11-2009, 03:01 PM
budget is not an issue, but is need a reliable and accurate weapon

Naveed_pk
23-11-2009, 03:18 PM
Then why are u looking for TT...U can have Cf-98 ....stoeger cougar .... Canik 55... These all are best and accurate....

zarar
23-11-2009, 04:23 PM
Then why are u looking for TT...U can have Cf-98 ....stoeger cougar .... Canik 55... These all are best and accurate....
i need a 30 bore (7.62 mm) and the reason for TT is that it is simple in design therefore reliable as well durable (even if dont care much) in its price range. moreover its ammunition is cheaper than 9mm and when i said budget is not an issue it mean that i can manage for chinese not that i can spent around 50k or more. please please please come up with prons and corsn, marits and demarits, nuts and bolts etc.................. enabling me to reach some logical decision.......

Malik1
23-11-2009, 04:48 PM
Welcome to the forum bro. You have already made up your mind to buy a TT, the only decision you want to make is Chinese or local as price is also not an issue for you. So which pros and cons, merits demerits and nut and bolts you are looking for now? The chinese is a better option as compared to a local clone................

What other members are trying to establish or convince you is that 9mm appears to be a better option as compared to .30 and there is a thread arguing about it from various aspects. Please see these as well before you buy something

http://www.pakguns.com/forum/viewtopic.php?id=1962

http://www.pakguns.com/forum/viewtopic.php?id=3021

Happy buy

Gunpsycho
23-11-2009, 05:05 PM
@ Dear Naveed Canik 55 is a brand name or pistol? i think its a brand and thier models are MKEK, PIRANHA, STINGLAY & SHARK may be i m wrong.

Basharat
23-11-2009, 05:06 PM
@ Zarar

Go for either Chinese or Sercian

Chinese is 20k in Karachi and Serbian is 35k

The benefit of the Serbian is that it has a higher capacity and also a longer grip which makes it more comfortable to handle. If budget is not an issue go for the serbian, and make sure the dealer gives you 4 mags instead of the standard 2.

Zhatash
23-11-2009, 05:51 PM
Compare to local clone Chinese is better & compare to chinese, Serbian M57 is better. Both (Chinese & Serbian) are reliable.

Gilani
23-11-2009, 06:38 PM

I agree with the experts. I have both CF98 and Norinco TT and I fire them quite extensively. Like TT, CF98 is also very reliable but is more accurate, has better looks, better grip and off course, more capacity. TT may only out gun CF98 in range and bullet penetration. Among the TTs, however, Zastava M57 is a far better choice than Chinese TT.

aq4530ba
23-11-2009, 07:10 PM
Zarar, If you want "simple and reliable", then why dont you just go for a revolver then?? its super simple and veryyyyy reliable. It wont fail you. Only down point is that it has less bullet capacity as compared to TT. I think that you should go for a revolver. :lol:

Regards

Gilani
23-11-2009, 07:20 PM

And if I may add Baikal MP446 Viking to the list. Though a bit more expensive, its a highly reliable and accurate pistol in my view. :)

Bluff
23-11-2009, 08:35 PM
@Zarar...... zarar imtinan from PHASADC??

Haider Shah
23-11-2009, 09:43 PM
Amongst different make n type of 30 bore Chinese model 636 is quite reliable

Mitho
23-11-2009, 10:19 PM
@basharat
whats the capacity of serbian tt?

Xerga
23-11-2009, 10:24 PM
9 rounds magzine

AK47
23-11-2009, 10:32 PM
Welcome to the site, Zarar, don't get confused here at all, just take the Zastava M-57, get it from anywhere, possible. In Lahore it should be available for 25-30K. Indeed, chinese 636 is a good model, but very hard to get the original one. There are plenty out there with the "636" stamp, yet it doesn't make them any "636", coz 95% are 'Dossal" crap from Karachi! The M-57 is unique.

@Guyz........ when somebody wants a TT, let him have a TT!

aq4530ba
24-11-2009, 12:34 AM
@Guyz........ when somebody wants a TT, let him have a TT!

But why can't he have a revolver?? :rolleyes: :lol:

selfdefence26
24-11-2009, 09:02 AM
@ Zarar

The benefit of the Serbian is that it has a higher capacity and also a longer grip which makes it more comfortable to handle. If budget is not an issue go for the serbian, and make sure the dealer gives you 4 mags instead of the standard 2.

Basharat bhai could u give me the name of the dealers in Karachi which stock the Serbian Zastava TT pistol u have mentioned here. Thanks fr yr reply.

Basharat
24-11-2009, 09:59 AM
@Mitho

The capacity is 9+1

@Selfdefence26

I was quoted the Serbian by Adeel at Pioneer Arms on Mansfield street Saddar

Naveed_pk
24-11-2009, 12:56 PM
@ Dear Naveed Canik 55 is a brand name or pistol? i think its a brand and thier models are MKEK, PIRANHA, STINGLAY & SHARK may be i m wrong.

Yes Bro u are right...canik 55 is of PIRHANA...it has two models one is in compact size and other a bit big in shape...

GatlinGun
24-11-2009, 03:01 PM
i need a 30 bore (7.62 mm) and the reason for TT is that it is simple in design therefore reliable as well durable (even if dont care much) in its price range. moreover its ammunition is cheaper than 9mm and when i said budget is not an issue it mean that i can manage for chinese not that i can spent around 50k or more. please please please come up with prons and corsn, marits and demarits, nuts and bolts etc.................. enabling me to reach some logical decision.......

If your mind s set on a .30 then go buy a Zastava and you will find it effective for your purpose.

zarar
25-11-2009, 10:33 AM
i am very much thankfull for your input

Well I am working with Pakistan Hunting & Sporting Arms Development Company (www.phsadc.org (http://www.phsadc.org)), a public sector organization mandated to develop and promote Pakistani hunting & sporting arms and allied product manufacturing industry, recently we have reverse engineered the Chinese TT pistol, the prototypes developed by the local manufacturers are equally good when compared to any of the international brand of same caliber in terms of quality, reliability, durability and accuracy. The pistol will soon be launched in the local market.
I request the respected members to kindly express your view / comment regarding the factors that influence decision making when buying a pistol / handgun

GatlinGun
25-11-2009, 12:12 PM

Well I am working with Pakistan Hunting & Sporting Arms Development Company (www.phsadc.org (http://www.phsadc.org)), a public sector organization mandated to develop and promote Pakistani hunting & sporting arms and allied product manufacturing industry, recently we have reverse engineered the Chinese TT pistol, the prototypes developed by the local manufacturers are equally good when compared to any of the international brand of same caliber in terms of quality, reliability, durability and accuracy. The pistol will soon be launched in the local market.
I request the respected members to kindly express your view / comment regarding the factors that influence decision making when buying a pistol / handgun

That is interesting information. I am sure members would be interested to know what kind of quality hunting weapons are being made in Pakistan and where to buy them. If you can be a guide for Pak Gun members, that would be real helpful and appreciated.

Salahuddin Ayubi
25-11-2009, 12:13 PM
+1 Gantligun.

zarar
25-11-2009, 02:08 PM
The referred pistol is being manufactured as per internationally acceptable standards, we have tested the prototypes as per American standards for weapon testing as defined by their National Institute of Justice (NIJ), for grouping see the attached picture
http://s4.postimage.org/15uTVr.jpg (http://www.postimage.org/image.php?v=aV15uTVr)

Vik
17-01-2010, 12:33 PM
@ Zarar

So M57 comes with 4 mags instead of 2?

Gilani
17-01-2010, 06:02 PM

Sir, reverse engineering is normally required for something for which technical information / technology transfer is not available.

TT is probably the most widely manufactured pistol in our local arms industry since decades. Could you please explain what makes the TT manufactured by your company different from other local TTs. Better metallurgy, better finish, quality control etc ? Moreover, please also mention if there are any other sporting weapon manufacturing projects being undertaken, like shotguns, airguns of good quality, etc.

thanks and regards

mehranbiz
18-01-2010, 01:40 AM
If your organisation is seriously want to win the market must make high capacity .30 caliber pistol, The major succes of 9mm pistol in the world is the high magazine capacities and reliable safety systems
I think the majority of poeple are lover of .30 caliber in Pakistan but due to low capacity, old styles designs and not reliable safeties they turns to 9mm

The referred pistol is being manufactured as per internationally acceptable standards, we have tested the prototypes as per American standards for weapon testing as defined by their National Institute of Justice (NIJ), for grouping see the attached picture
http://s4.postimage.org/15uTVr.jpg (http://www.postimage.org/image.php?v=aV15uTVr)

Mitho
18-01-2010, 12:44 PM
@zarar
increased capaicity and better grips.thats what we want....

px4storm
19-01-2010, 11:55 PM
Dear fellows

i want to buy a 9mm pistol please advice that which one is better Chinese ,Brazilian or any

other what is the price range? i hv to spend about Rs.85000/-

Abbas
19-01-2010, 11:59 PM
@PxStorm look at this thread http://www.pakguns.com/forum/viewtopic.php?id=3021

Welcome to PakGuns and kindly post in the relevant topic.

@Mitho Moving your post to the above topic. Kindly keep this topic TT relevant.

Enigmatic Desires
20-01-2010, 12:51 AM
Wow.. a public sector org. anctuly working at promoting arms an ammo in Pakistan.. a most warm welcome Zarar bhai.. do let us know what other weapons PHSADC is producing..