PDA

View Full Version : Help!! what has happened to Airgun after 1250 pellets

shahsaeen
22-11-2009, 10:52 PM
I have a gamo cadet air rifle in .22 caliber. Its muzzle velocity is rated at 394 ft/s. I have used 5 boxes of gamo match pellets and 1 box of gamo magnum pro pellets. Initially the gun was acting quite weak like a lizard managing to run away after 1 good hit in the abdomen. To finish a lizard on an average 3 pellets were required. I had taken out 3 rats immobilizing them in 4 head shots and then using countless to finish them off. Doves required 2 shots and then running after them and catching them by hand. After 1000 pellets i oiled the gun. Then i used up 250 pellets. I took particular care to clean the barrel after each outing. Now using my 7th box i am experiencing a strange phenomenon. Lizards are split in 2 parts with 1 gamo match pellet. Doves are taken out in 1 pellet and we have to quickly slit the throat otherwise they are on the verge or dying. Now rats are immobilized in 2 shots and third shot finishes them off completely. I was amazed that the pellet now even penetrates its head skin. Now i ask what has happened to my rifle? Where has this lethal power come from? what is the phenomenon called? Is this what we call in urdu "Rawaan Hona"?

KageFox
23-11-2009, 12:52 AM
Meaning no disrespect... but 3 shots to kill a lizard??? Either the pellets weren't hitting the lizard or something else... In all my years of lizard-killing, I've seen a maximum of two hit shots, that too only once or twice. Most of the times, the lizard dies in one pellet, leaving a whole lot of mess on the wall... :P

However, just so you know, airguns take time to "break" in. Basically, the parts get fairly worn, resulting in working in better harmony with other parts. I believe it is not very surprising to see a slight increase in velocity. Plus the gun becomes more consistent and accurate with time.

Hope that helps a little.

Dr Hanif Malik
23-11-2009, 09:57 AM
@shahsaeen you are lucky and you are shah some( ghabi imdad):)

khakiMB
23-11-2009, 02:42 PM
Have u recently adjusted the site/scope of your air gun?

Jillanik
25-01-2010, 02:59 PM
The dried grease inside the barrel could be the probable cause. The oiling did the trick.