PDA

View Full Version : Please Suggest .22 Bolt Action Rifle

GatlinGun
10-11-2009, 01:53 PM
Hello Everyone,

Kindly suggest a .22 bolt action rifle to me for the purpose of target practice and hunting. The rifle should should be mount/scope capable.

Please advise model, price, and availability. While I am in Karachi, suggestions for the rifle are welcome from all over Pakistan.

In addition, if you already have one, please share a picture.

Thank you for everyone's help in advance.

Gunpsycho
10-11-2009, 02:26 PM
Brother "CZ BRNO"

Hamid
10-11-2009, 03:11 PM
First priority BRNO, if is available in market otherwise Armscor is also good. BOth these are budget guns.

Skeeter60
10-11-2009, 05:28 PM
There is no doubt there is no comparison to a Brno as it is economical and better than almost any except the Anshutz which is expansive.
We all cut teeth on the Brno I got mine in 1958 when I was ten. I used to put it besides me in my bed when going to sleep

SevenMagnum
10-11-2009, 05:32 PM
I have a erma bolt action .22 having ten shot magzine on top of the rifle Bushmaster scope in tasco rings.

SevenMagnum
10-11-2009, 05:35 PM
It shoots as straight as i could. I have shot some good shots on target. Shooting a pepsi bottel cap from distance of 40 yards normally.

Topak
10-11-2009, 05:58 PM
It shoots as straight as i could. I have shot some good shots on target. Shooting a pepsi bottel cap from distance of 40 yards normally.
zaberdust Sir...you are very competent shooter.

GatlinGun
10-11-2009, 06:56 PM
Thank you for the response. Please keep more suggestions coming.

Kindly post the pictures of your .22 rifles.

Salahuddin Ayubi
10-11-2009, 07:29 PM
Should you wish to go for an Armscor, I suggest you take a look at brother Tareen's rifle which is as good as new and maybe is still for sale at 20k. He says he's able to hit targets accurately with it at 100 to 150 yards.

Pics are here on this forum, but you'll have to search for them.

If any other member can help with the link, that would be great.

--------------------------------------------

However, like Sir Skeeters said, BRNO (provided you find one) should be your first choice. Haath saaf karnay kay liyay. Then maybe an Anshutz (70k - 100k depending on the model).

But I think you'd be graduating to a .308 or 7mm or 30-06 or 300 after you're through with the .22 rifle. Am I right?

KageFox
10-11-2009, 11:05 PM
Brno. Or there's another, a Russian .22 bolt-action, which greatly resembles the Winchester Wildcat.

See Post 90, maybe it'll be of some help. I saw something similar at Haris Traders. though it was quite a while ago. Price then was ~ 35K
http://www.pakguns.com/forum/viewtopic.php?id=1297&p=4

Salahuddin Ayubi
10-11-2009, 11:53 PM
Brno. Or there's another, a Russian .22 bolt-action, which greatly resembles the Winchester Wildcat.

See Post 90, maybe it'll be of some help. I saw something similar at Haris Traders. though it was quite a while ago. Price then was ~ 35K
http://www.pakguns.com/forum/viewtopic.php?id=1297&p=4

Are you referring to the Tula TOZ-78 Bolt Action Rifle 22LR Cal ?

KageFox
11-11-2009, 12:10 AM
I think that is the name. I guess it is sold in a slightly different configuration in the US, under the Winchester Wildcat moniker...

GatlinGun
11-11-2009, 12:33 PM
A BRNO or a Tula .22 sounds good. Are these available in Karachi, and at what price?

Are there any other recommendations on a .22 rifle?

GatlinGun
11-11-2009, 01:07 PM
There is no doubt there is no comparison to a Brno as it is economical and better than almost any except the Anshutz which is expansive.
We all cut teeth on the Brno I got mine in 1958 when I was ten. I used to put it besides me in my bed when going to sleep

Thank you for your feedback. I am inclining towards a BRNO already, but will also do a final market sweep and inform everyone as soon as I have the license.

GatlinGun
11-11-2009, 01:09 PM
Should you wish to go for an Armscor, I suggest you take a look at brother Tareen's rifle which is as good as new and maybe is still for sale at 20k. He says he's able to hit targets accurately with it at 100 to 150 yards.

Pics are here on this forum, but you'll have to search for them.

If any other member can help with the link, that would be great.

--------------------------------------------

However, like Sir Skeeters said, BRNO (provided you find one) should be your first choice. Haath saaf karnay kay liyay. Then maybe an Anshutz (70k - 100k depending on the model).

But I think you'd be graduating to a .308 or 7mm or 30-06 or 300 after you're through with the .22 rifle. Am I right?

SA i would be buying them together, for different purposes. I graduated much early, only getting back towards this old hobby.

Basharat
11-11-2009, 01:26 PM
GatlinGun

Sir,

At the risk of sounding like a parrot BRNO BRNO BRNO!!!!
by far the best .22 bolt action available

GatlinGun
11-11-2009, 01:35 PM
GatlinGun

Sir,

At the risk of sounding like a parrot BRNO BRNO BRNO!!!!
by far the best .22 bolt action available

OK, I am convinced, where do I find one? What should I pay?

Sohail
11-11-2009, 01:50 PM
mine i got for 25K (used) with the Tasco scope. its walther bolt action.

http://s4.postimage.org/qkFKi.jpg (http://www.postimage.org/image.php?v=aVqkFKi)

http://s3.postimage.org/HnExJ.jpg (http://www.postimage.org/image.php?v=PqHnExJ)

regards

Sohail
11-11-2009, 01:51 PM
BRNO .22, must be around 35K, i believe.

regards

Basharat
11-11-2009, 03:53 PM
Sir,

Between 35 and 45 depending on condition (it was 15 2 years back) you should check with Pioneer Arms (Main Shop near zainab market) and Ansari Arms in Lucky Star you might have to go shop to shop looking in Lucky Star.

GatlinGun
11-11-2009, 04:28 PM
Sir,

Between 35 and 45 depending on condition (it was 15 2 years back) you should check with Pioneer Arms (Main Shop near zainab market) and Ansari Arms in Lucky Star you might have to go shop to shop looking in Lucky Star.

Thanks for the suggestion. I will pay them a visit.

Dr Hanif Malik
12-11-2009, 09:11 PM
@brno .22 bolt was at nadim arm dealers in sargodha strict asking price was 17k one month back, condition was very fine:)

Salahuddin Ayubi
12-11-2009, 09:21 PM
That's a good price Dr. Sb.

Dr Hanif Malik
13-11-2009, 07:16 AM
That's a good price Dr. Sb.
today i will visit,and get latest up date of .22 brbo, i was personally impressed but not having purchase power,i want it for any my pg member if make dealer good price for us:)

Salahuddin Ayubi
13-11-2009, 07:27 AM
Thankyou Dr. Sb,

If indeed it is a good piece at 'this' price, I might get tempted. Only if possible and convenient, can you take some snaps so that I may get an idea of its condition? Only if convenient.

Thanks in advance.

Basharat
13-11-2009, 11:28 AM
@ Gatlingun

Sir,

Any luck with your search. i heard yesterday that the prices have shot up even more in Karachi.

GatlinGun
13-11-2009, 02:05 PM
@ Gatlingun

Sir,

Any luck with your search. i heard yesterday that the prices have shot up even more in Karachi.

I am waiting for the licenses to arrive. Any search prior to that would arrive. I am hoping that within this month, the books will come and I will start looking and buying, and will share the information with everyone.

Regards.

Dr Hanif Malik
14-11-2009, 08:33 AM
Thankyou Dr. Sb,

If indeed it is a good piece at 'this' price, I might get tempted. Only if possible and convenient, can you take some snaps so that I may get an idea of its condition? Only if convenient.

Thanks in advance.
@sa sir rifle was in very good condition i am visiting just today for more detail myself is too interested,but budget is in view:)

Salahuddin Ayubi
14-11-2009, 09:02 AM
Thanks for the reply Hanif Sb. Go for it because at this price, if I were in your place and as you say, the condition is good, I would buy it, use it and then maybe sell it later if I need cash.

Regards

Basharat
14-11-2009, 11:01 AM
Dr. Sahib

at 17k he's giving it away please i recommend you avail the opportunity

Salahuddin Ayubi
14-11-2009, 11:36 AM
@ Dr. Hanif Sb.

Please email me your contact number at xxxxxxxxxxxxx@gmail.com

Dr Hanif Malik
15-11-2009, 08:38 PM
Dr. Sahib

dealer has jumped up toward 25k,he was giving reference that in lahore new one comming in 75k,used rifle 25 is much more 18 to 20k was fair price as per condition,we will wait till he come down ,in sargodha no value of such type of rifle ,buyer only shooters which are very least:)

Salahuddin Ayubi
15-11-2009, 09:46 PM
Thanks for noting the email address. Now I will appreciate if you could please delete my email address from your post by editing it. Thanks in advance.

Dr Hanif Malik
16-11-2009, 08:17 PM
@sa action done as per your order,sended you cell no also please send me to:)

Salahuddin Ayubi
16-11-2009, 08:26 PM
Haven't received your email yet regarding cell number, however, did receive an invitation from your email address to join 'Connect Yahoo Messenger'.

By the way, did you learn about Shariq's accident. Here's the link http://www.pakguns.com/forum/viewtopic.php?id=3165

Dr Hanif Malik
16-11-2009, 10:05 PM
Haven't received your email yet regarding cell number, however, did receive an invitation from your email address to join 'Connect Yahoo Messenger'.

By the way, did you learn about Shariq's accident. Here's the link http://www.pakguns.com/forum/viewtopic.php?id=3165
very sad and bad news about ss we all pray god recover him,thanks for info,i did not read your earlier post,few day before you said me he has gone to peshawar,and i{sa} m worry about ss:)

Dr Hanif Malik
16-11-2009, 11:10 PM
@sa sir send me your cell no i will call you thanks,also give pg members feelings to him ,sql fraz his friend also not know about accident,nor he give gamo 640 to shariq:|

GatlinGun
17-11-2009, 03:26 AM
@SA, I started this thread so PG members and I looking for .22 rifles get recommendations. Thanks to everyone for that.

And you Sir, you are a thread hijacker. I think you are missing the market place. Please allow the thread to continue for its purpose of gathering information.

Thank you.

Salahuddin Ayubi
17-11-2009, 07:10 AM
GG, you are right. Please do accept my sincere apologies.

Now back to the topic.

PS: Yes, indeed I am missing the market place. You're right about that also.

Dr Hanif Malik
17-11-2009, 08:53 AM
@s ayubi sir we should wait for .22 brno which is avaiable at sargodha dealer.also note please my id drhanifmalik@yahoo.comm:) send me your cell no:)

Basharat
17-11-2009, 09:21 AM
Dr. Sahib

dealer has jumped up toward 25k,he was giving reference that in lahore new one comming in 75k,used rifle 25 is much more 18 to 20k was fair price as per condition,we will wait till he come down ,in sargodha no value of such type of rifle ,buyer only shooters which are very least:)

Dr, Sahib,

I don't think it's possible to get a NIB brno unless they dealers in LHR have them in stock for a long time, sir even at 25k it is a very good deal minimum price in Karachi is 45.

GatlinGun
17-11-2009, 10:25 AM
Dr. Sahib

Dr, Sahib,

I don't think it's possible to get a NIB brno unless they dealers in LHR have them in stock for a long time, sir even at 25k it is a very good deal minimum price in Karachi is 45.

40-50K for a .22 bolt action NIB is so ridiculous. I recall these things used to be 10-15 K.

Does anyone know of any decent Pakistani made .22 bolt actions? Does daudson sell their .22 bolt action in the local market?

Salahuddin Ayubi
17-11-2009, 10:25 AM
@s ayubi sir we should wait for .22 brno which is avaiable at sargodha dealer.also note please my id drhanifmalik@yahoo.comm:) send me your cell no:)

Contact details sent Dr Sb.

GatlinGun
17-11-2009, 10:26 AM

Now back to the topic.

Take it easy. You don't have to apologize friend. I hope your dad has made it to Haj and everything is well.

Salahuddin Ayubi
17-11-2009, 10:35 AM

Now back to the topic.

Take it easy. You don't have to apologize friend. I hope your dad has made it to Haj and everything is well.

Both my parents left for Hajj on 31st Oct and are Alhamdolillah having a time of their life. Thanks for asking.

Basharat
17-11-2009, 11:37 AM
@GG

Sir,
Thats not NIB price i have not seen a NIB brno .22 bolt action with any dealer in Karachi since the mid 90s

ay_be_why
17-11-2009, 02:44 PM
@gatling,
sir DSA didn't produce a bolt-action .22. theirs was a semi-automatic and currently they are manufacturing pump-action shotguns only. no .22s, no SxS's :|

Dr Hanif Malik
17-11-2009, 08:11 PM
@bashrat please conform latest price of new .22 brno from karachi?i also request lahore members to conform new .22 brno?