PDA

View Full Version : Barrel life of PT 99

Syrianar
03-11-2009, 11:48 AM
Hey Guys, Salam to all, can any of the respected members please tell me what is the barrel life of Taurus PT 99, because I've heard from somebody that its actually above 50000 bullets. Is this true or just a myth!.

Ali Akbar
03-11-2009, 11:54 AM
i think pt99 has barrel life of 25000 rounds ,may be some senior members can tell u exactly but who will be able to fire these much rounds in his entire life specialy in pakistan where ammo is too much costly may be in us somone can test the barel life of these modern pistols so dont woory abt barrel life

Salahuddin Ayubi
03-11-2009, 11:58 AM
Based on what I've read and heard about the 92/99, it's barrel life if DEFINITELY above 10,000. Numerous people have the 92 since more than 10-15 years and still love its reliability and accuracy.

Taurus, our Mod also has one and from what I heard, he's already through a few thousand rounds. If I remember correctly, Abbas (our Admin) also has one in SS. You can ask these two.

SevenMagnum
03-11-2009, 12:10 PM
Come on folks do not worry about barrel life. There are handful of shooters who can wearout barrels of their guns.

Enigmatic Desires
03-11-2009, 12:21 PM
. Why would U want to put that many rounds through the same gun? Unless of course U are a professional shooter.

12GAUGE
03-11-2009, 01:18 PM
Hey Guys, Salam to all, can any of the respected members please tell me what is the barrel life of Taurus PT 99, because I've heard from somebody that its actually above 50000 bullets. Is this true or just a myth!.

Cannot be sure on the 50K round barrel life figure but one can come to a conclusion through the knowledge that its a hammer forged barrel which means that it should last a minimum of 25K rounds. infact if u look at similar priced handguns u'll see that most mentioned barrel life in this price range is also 25K rounds.

and i'm talking barrel life in terms of accuracy. meaning after around 25K (i'm assuming barrel life at 25K rounds) the barrel will not guarentee the stated accuracy (unable to promise anymore the minimum accuracy guarenteed by the manufacturer). in otherwords, after the number of shots fired exceed the "minimum barrel life mark" the barrel will not produce the results which were originally guarenteed by the manufacturer.

Regards.

Abu Al Hawl
03-11-2009, 01:42 PM
when any of pistols fired counter reaches above 10k rounds just take a bullet and place the projectile into the muzzle over here the projectile shoundnt counter-sink fully into the muzzle, the time projectile start to fully sink intop the muzzle its time to replace the barrel.

KageFox
03-11-2009, 06:02 PM
Most of us won't ever have to worry about barrel life in our lives, unless we are competition shooters or shoot guns for a living. Even 10K rounds is a lot. Translates to 30 x 10000, meaning Rs 300,0000 worth of ammunition. Seriously, that is a large figure to spend on ammo for the Common Joe.

In any case, many will sell off their guns and buy another long before the round limit for barrel life is even close to its end.

SevenMagnum
03-11-2009, 06:59 PM
Come on folks do not worry about barrel life. There are handful of shooters who can wearout barrels of their guns.

@kagefox
I agree with you.

Salahuddin Ayubi
03-11-2009, 07:03 PM
when any of pistols fired counter reaches above 10k rounds just take a bullet and place the projectile into the muzzle over here the projectile shoundnt counter-sink fully into the muzzle, the time projectile start to fully sink intop the muzzle its time to replace the barrel.

Nice piece of info. How valid is this?

Abu Al Hawl
03-11-2009, 07:12 PM
SA, trust me, if yo ucan find a pistol fired more then 10k rounds and on the other hand you take a NIB piece of the same model and just check as ive advised you will your self see the diff.

07-01-2010, 11:25 PM
. Why would U want to put that many rounds through the same gun? Unless of course U are a professional shooter.
He probably wants to pass down the legacy to his son or grandson for that matter........

Yoosha
08-01-2010, 02:01 AM

I dont usually do this, but knowing your sense of humor....

"prob he's a monogamist"

:D

SPAYPANTHER
08-01-2010, 03:13 AM
one importent point is that "TAURUS GIVE LIVE TIME WORANTI" and NO OTHERs GIVE THAT so its meen it has some thing spachial

08-01-2010, 12:24 PM
@ Spaypanther: and they say it is not about the lifetime of the individual who bought it but about the life time of the firearm.

@ Yoosha: and probably a faithful monogamist ;)

SPAYPANTHER
08-01-2010, 03:22 PM
@139
so we can say that taurus mark pistal should have more life time then to other

TT-33
09-01-2010, 08:43 AM
Can Life time Warrantee of Taurus Gun be Availed here in Pakistan? & How?

Denovo87
09-01-2010, 11:36 AM
Can Life time Warrantee of Taurus Gun be Availed here in Pakistan? & How?
Unfortunately not, Taurus has no service center in here.

Salahuddin Ayubi
09-01-2010, 12:47 PM
@ Denovo,

I've actually been meaning to ask this question. Let's say the locking block breaks few years down the line and I send Taurus only that particular part along with details of my PT 92. Do you think they would replace it by sending me back new locking blocks?

Denovo87
09-01-2010, 01:00 PM
SA bro, from taurus forum I got to know that you have to send them broken part or the faulty peice to get replacement of and forum is of US taurus users so not sure whether they have any center catering international customers in Brazil. As we obviously cannot go through US based service centers due to restrictions.

I will appreciate if any member come forward with the info on Taurus service center in other country we can benefit from.

Taurus
05-02-2010, 05:58 PM
well Guys its a very familiar question??a person asks when he is new to guns ...Guns barrel life depends on your hand i have heard and read on various places ppl have even tested and ran through 80000 rounds on pt 99 and it ran smoothly and accurately the only thing they do is a thorough cleaning and it depends how you run your gun some ppl do rapid fire mostly but it depends how clean you keep ur handgun not only clean but also maintainance guns barrel life is like a car how you drive it u drive it rough it can go only on 10000 if you ran it well it goes to 100000 also...so its a very familiar but i would say if abt the life of taurus 92/99 models they must run atleast 50000 rounds

Salahuddin Ayubi
05-02-2010, 08:45 PM
i would say if abt the life of taurus 92/99 models they must run atleast 50000 rounds

For someone who owns one, this figure is very nice to read. :)