PDA

View Full Version : Suggest a .22 AirRifle capable of 1000fps

Salahuddin Ayubi
10-10-2009, 02:51 PM
Airgun Lovers,

Please suggest some .22 air rifles which are capable of 1000fps WHICH HAVE A CHANCE OF BEING AVAILABLE IN KHI, along with some idea about price, if possible.

Salahuddin Ayubi
10-10-2009, 06:13 PM
turky hatsan model 125//// 135 1200ft/s diana models bsa banjamin/ crossman russian model mp 513 china bamx 28 gamo sh 1000

Don't know about others, but have gamo shadow 1000 and it's .22 version is capable of (stated 722fps) around 690-700fps average. On .17 version it's capable of (stated 1000fps) around 950fps. I was asking about .22 version.

KageFox
10-10-2009, 06:47 PM
Its none of my business, but why are you looking for something higher powered than the Shadow 1000? It won't do you much good in the accuracy department...

Usually, the air rifles crossing into the 1000fps category, in .22, are PCPs, however, I've never seen or heard of one here...

KageFox
10-10-2009, 06:51 PM
And most rifles reach their top (rated) muzzle velocity only with extremely lightweight rounds, such as the Gamo PBA, which is made of a special alloy. However, it has a tendency to tumble through air, impairing accuracy.

One advantage of a 1000+fps rifle is that heavier pellets can be fired at longer ranges.

I'm looking around pyramydair.com for something that suits you, will get back if I find anything worthy of mention...

Dr Hanif Malik
10-10-2009, 07:01 PM
yes you are right .177 go up to more distance i have complete list in my pc i can post you laterly //// all pump action air rifles are capable as per your desire plsease you can also visit the vebsites of diana guns ,crossman ,bsa airguns,russia airguns ,china airguns you can also get brief detail of price also and other fetures to /// dont mind please for such long//////////////////

Salahuddin Ayubi
10-10-2009, 07:29 PM
And most rifles reach their top (rated) muzzle velocity only with extremely lightweight rounds, such as the Gamo PBA, which is made of a special alloy. However, it has a tendency to tumble through air, impairing accuracy.

One advantage of a 1000+fps rifle is that heavier pellets can be fired at longer ranges.

I'm looking around pyramydair.com for something that suits you, will get back if I find anything worthy of mention...

Thanks bro. Appreciate the effort.

Actually, last evening I tested Shadow at 60 yards and like I mentioned in my post in another topic, I had to make an adjustment of 16-18 inches by aiming that much over the target (a six by 18 inch wood piece) to keep hitting it 70%+ times. I was using Pro-Magnum pellets.

I reckon that is the max where you can properly aim and achieve results with Shadow. I also understand that the average fps one gets from a .22 shadow is around 700fps.

Therefore, I thought if there was a .22 with around 980fps, I could get around 40% more power and range out of it. Maybe go near 100yds.

Or maybe I should instead get myself a .22LR like Abu Al Hawl had planned, which is actually the reason why I bought the Shadow in the first place. To get my aim right from 25 yards to 50 to 75 to 100 yards and then ultimately switch to a real rifle. Just learnt that on Sindh license one can have any calliber in bolt action, which was really pleasing to hear.

The final aim is to become capable of accurately shooting upto 300 yards, ofcourse, with due guidance from Skeeters.

KageFox
10-10-2009, 08:09 PM
If you want to get a .22 to shoot out to 100 yards or possibly more, I too believe you'd be better off with a .22LR bolt-action. I think that a .22 air rifle of that caliber will be even more expensive that a .22LR.

Though the ammo cost will be significantly higher.

KageFox
10-10-2009, 08:28 PM
Okay bro, the Diana 350 Magnum and 350 Feuerkraft are rated for 1000fps in .22. The famed side-levers are under 1000fps.

Walther's Talon Magnum and Falcon Hunter.

Gamo Hunter Extreme, 1300 fps with PBA, 950 fps with lead.

I doubt the availability of the above guns in Pakistan.

If we could get someone the import PCPs, the AirForce Condor would be a great air rifle...

Hope that helped... even if a bit. Btw, there was something on one of the other threads about buying a 350 Magnum from Dubai...

Dr Hanif Malik
11-10-2009, 06:37 AM
most good name brand airguns prices are more than 400$ in the same you can by other bolt rifles

Dr Hanif Malik
11-10-2009, 06:46 AM
here just i have opened a site crossman ,, crossman reviews,, the air gun crossman quest 1000 attract me you can also read the reviews about some other good airguns

KageFox
11-10-2009, 11:40 AM
Problem is, most of the airguns seen on various websites will not be available, or will be very hard to find in Pakistan.

Gamo has a very extensive line of airguns (pistols and rifles), however, availability in Pakistan does not exceed 5-6 different models. The ones I know about, which are/were available are Shadow 640, Shadow 1000, Delta, Hunter 440 & P800 (break-barrel pistol). The other day, someone reported about the availability of the Viper (I wonder which model)...

kstabish
11-10-2009, 02:06 PM
@ dr hanif
i,m also planing to buy a new airgun,,can u do me a favor and tell from where i can get it and at wt price and is gamo is better or any one else

KageFox
11-10-2009, 02:50 PM
IMHO Gamo is not the best out there, but then, most of its betters are available at ridiculous prices in Pakistan.

Salahuddin Ayubi
12-10-2009, 09:35 AM
Jazakallah Khair KageFox. You've been very helpful.

God Bless You.

Dr Hanif Malik
13-10-2009, 08:24 AM
gamo choices are at second diana models are more reliable and heavy duty

KageFox
13-10-2009, 01:59 PM
The Diana side-lever guns are one of the most stable airguns, I agree. But unfortunately for most of us, Gamo is the only airgun, which is reasonably affordable...

Dr Hanif Malik
13-10-2009, 05:42 PM
kagefox sir jee shooq da mool nahi

HKS
17-11-2009, 06:18 PM
the prices of gamo air guns have increased. here in pk....new stock shadow 1000 will be around the 25k mark atleast!!! was already unavailable in isloo and rwp till last week....

Hashmat
21-11-2009, 11:01 AM
Slam brothers, good 2 know about ur website as soon I found it became a member straight away,anyway I've got an air arms tx200 with 3-9-40 ags mill dot scope in Islamabad I took it from england and tell u it's a beauty cant remember how many crows I've shot down with it it's just lethal if u want to invest ur money invest in something nice that holds it's value and can be used by second generation.thanks

Sensei
21-11-2009, 11:25 AM
@hashmat at first I would like to welcome you at Pakguns forum
and hope you will find this place very friendly and informative,it
would be better if you will introduce yourself at introduction thread so members would be able to welcome you :)

This is nice to know about your tx200 airgun but it would be more pleasant to see your gun at the forum do share some pics of your airgun plz :)

KageFox
21-11-2009, 11:28 AM
Welcome to the forum, Hashmat! A TX200, nice :D Would definitely like to see some quality pics of your gun!

Dr Hanif Malik
21-11-2009, 08:23 PM
Slam brothers, good 2 know about ur website as soon I found it became a member straight away,anyway I've got an air arms tx200 with 3-9-40 ags mill dot scope in Islamabad I took it from england and tell u it's a beauty cant remember how many crows I've shot down with it it's just lethal if u want to invest ur money invest in something nice that holds it's value and can be used by second generation.thanks
@ hashmat welcome here,please post some pics of your airgun,and price also:)

Hashmat
23-11-2009, 02:12 PM
Slam doc malik sahib,you asked me the price of tx200,well I paid£360,for da gun then another£90 for the scope and mounts and put the carriying box I purchased seperately it is made up of aluminium and specially designed for air travel and lastly at Islamabad airport I just walked out with courteasy of my uncle,my main intention to take da air gun was to find out that next time will I be able to take shotgun aswell or not.

Dr Hanif Malik
23-11-2009, 06:25 PM
Slam doc malik sahib,you asked me the price of tx200,well I paid£360,for da gun then another£90 for the scope and mounts and put the carriying box I purchased seperately it is made up of aluminium and specially designed for air travel and lastly at Islamabad airport I just walked out with courteasy of my uncle,my main intention to take da air gun was to find out that next time will I be able to take shotgun aswell or not.
very nice airgun, please pictures must be posted later on:)