PDA

View Full Version : CF98 Again

Pages : [1] 2 3

Ata
29-09-2009, 01:34 PM
After reading a lot about CF 98 9mm Pistol on the forum i finally decided to buy it.

For that matter I sent an email to Tayabally of Karachi and he replied:

“thanks your email dated 25-09-09 CF 98 9mm Pistol china by Norinco Rs 35000 another CF98 china unbranded Rs 30000 all are 15 shots magzine

regards
Tipu Sultan “

Now I have questions to ask:

1-What is this unbranded CF98 china thing?
2-Right now I have local made TT which I bought in 2008 what I am supposed to do with it as I intend to buy CF 98 9mm Pistol next week. Will I have to sale it before buying new one?
Or I simply will go to shop and exchange it with new one buy paying extra money to shopkeeper what he asked for.

3-One last question while coming back to home with new Pistol if police stop me somewhere then in this case can police (This law of 144 restriction) impose on me?

Abu Al Hawl
29-09-2009, 01:46 PM
Ata bro,

A-1. As i have heard that there are two types of CF98, one is having laser marking and the other is having punched marking, may be he is having laser marking one.

A-2. Try to buy CF98 in exchange deal.

A-3. the day you will buy the weapon you will have the reciept from the dealer of the same date which logically justifies that you have just purchased the weapon and carrying it to your home. no issue with police. keep it packed the box only.

keeping in mind first you have to obtain purchase permission from home deptt. this dealer will do for you.

Ata
29-09-2009, 01:57 PM
kindly let me know how long it will take this procedure (purchase permission from home deptt)?

what i understand this as: I will take my TT to any shopkeeper for that purpose, he will take my TT and licence then after taking this purchase order shopkeepr will exchange it with new one with extra money? If I am wrong please correct me.

Basharat
29-09-2009, 04:16 PM
Ata,

There are two types of CF-98 one is from Norinco and one if from a company called Intercon as far as i understand there is no difference between the two. sometimes what happens is firearms are marked with the name of the Exporter so you will have two identical firearms with different markings.

Also there is no difference in the price. If you wish you can visit Pioneer Arms (the one on mansfield street / lucky star) the owner's name is Adeel, he will give you a good rate i believe the Norinco CF98 he is asking for 31k and the Intercon one is for 30k.

I would not expect to get much in terms of cash for your Pak made 30bore. The legall procedure is first to remove the weapon thru a dealer then get purchasing time (you can do this your self from the home dept or pay a dealer to do it cost is between 500 to 1000) after that the dealer will enter the new weapon onto your license.

While transporting you weapon after purchase the safest thing to do is the weapon should be unloaded with magazines removed, in it's box also normally the dealer wraps the box in news paper and tapes it as as long as the weapon is in that state the police can not say anything also as mentioned above you will have a receipt that is proof enough that you have just legally purchased the weapon.

However on a side note section 144 is imposed on the display of weapons as long as the weapon is kept in a concealed manner the current section 144 is not applicable.

Also for my fellow hunters since the season has begun, when you are going to or returning from a shoot as long as your weapon is licensed, you license is up to date and your hunting weapon is disassemble (bolt removed in case of bolt action rifle) section 144 is not applicable. please keep these things in mind as our law enforcement officers are often uninformed of the regulations or are looking to intimidate honest citizens just to earn a few quick rupees.

Basharat
29-09-2009, 04:18 PM
Ata,

The total process is between one and two days if you send your license in thru a dealer for teh purchasing period in teh morning it is normally back in your hand by the time govt offices close for the day. but obviously if you give it in the evening or afternoon you will get it back the next day

Shariq
29-09-2009, 05:01 PM
@Ata
At Ammar and Co adjacent to Al Haris its price is 28k for PG members.
Absolutely no difference in two guns you mentioned. Buy the lesser priced one.
Its a great choice. You wont regret it.
BTW ammo price is 28/29 per round. Dont pay more than that.

Ata
29-09-2009, 06:05 PM
Thanks all brothers for helping me and sharing info, shariq if this is the case as you mentioned that they are giving consession to PG members then i will have to visit them next week. kindly let me know the person at place to whom i can introduce myself as PG member.

Shariq
01-10-2009, 11:48 PM
Adnan. He is the owner's son and good friend of member OSAMA.

Ata
06-10-2009, 10:44 AM
Yesterday I went to Ammar and Co but that Adnan was not there. kindly let me know if the credit card is accepted there. I wonder when I will meet this guy Adnan and if he refuese to aknoledge the reference. Then it would be embracing sitution.

Rizshu
06-10-2009, 12:01 PM
@Ata
At Ammar and Co adjacent to Al Haris its price is 28k for PG members.
Absolutely no difference in two guns you mentioned. Buy the lesser priced one.
Its a great choice. You wont regret it.
BTW ammo price is 28/29 per round. Dont pay more than that.

Shariq bahee the ammo you have mentioned above is china one?

Shariq
06-10-2009, 10:56 PM
Yes.
PS:Please do mention Osama's name too.

Ata
07-10-2009, 10:43 AM
I went to hunt for CF-98 yesterday. First I visited Decent Sporting Arms for CF-98 they are asking 32 for Norinco and 31 for other. then I went Latif arms, they asked 35000, then at tayablly it is available in 35000, in last I visited Ammar & co I met with Adnan (very nice guy) I introduce myself to him with reference of osama and Pakgun and asked for price of CF-98 first he told me 29000 I reminded him that at Pak-gun 28500 is mentioned he said bring your weapon I will give you in 28500. There is one problem in it, He said my Pakistani TT (which I bought in October 2008 fired only 13 shots) does not have any worth and they will take it as ammanat if they find someone to sale it they will let me know. He further said if you buy any local made product even in 20000 in return you won't get it anything. Pakistani products do not have any worth. I really want to buy 2 CF-98 pistols one for my brother and one for me but I don’t know what I have to do with my old one.
Please suggest.

GatlinGun
14-10-2009, 01:04 AM
Hi,

I am almost final on buying a CF-98 for HD, however, I saw that the safety lever, (ambi dextrous), which is also a decocker, does not go down or come up that easy.

This was a completely fresh out of the packet pistol, unfired.

It was taking quite an effort for me to take it up to safe, though it took less effort to come to down to fire.
After some effort, it seemed like it moved, but was still not fun or easy as it should be.

Has anyone else observed this problem? I think I alot of you have recommended the CF-98 in this price class, however, I am really put off by the safety lever being so hard. I thought the whole point of safety level was to be of easy to use, and any other weapon I have used the safety does not take this much effort.

Kindly let me know what you guys think, or personal experiences and solutions.

Best wishes,

GG

Osam
14-10-2009, 02:27 PM
The safety lever acts also as a decocker which makes it hard. It will become smooth with time and use.

Glocky
14-10-2009, 02:31 PM
The safety lever acts also as a decocker which makes it hard. It will become smooth with time and use.

Correct, most chinese pistols need a 400 round breaking in period before becoming smooth in their operation

Khalidsh
14-10-2009, 03:05 PM
Agree with my friends above. The pistol neds some breaking time for smooth operatin. So enjoy shooting!

Naveed_pk
14-10-2009, 03:39 PM

agree with Osam....

GatlinGun
14-10-2009, 04:13 PM

Correct, most chinese pistols need a 400 round breaking in period before becoming smooth in their operation

Animals need breaking in, But also pistols? Okay, I will take your word for it.

GatlinGun
14-10-2009, 04:14 PM

Thanks for your feedback.

Glocky
14-10-2009, 04:31 PM
Animals need breaking in, Women need breaking in. But also pistols? Okay, I will take your word for it.

@Gatlingun, Sir that is a sexist remark, you will definitely be hearing from ED pretty soon ;)

Chinese pistols or for the fact of matter most weapons do require a certain period/number of rounds of breaking in to perform flawlessly and reliably, so that any rough machining/tooling marks or metal parts smoothen out against each other. This has been covered in some threads on the forum.

Saeen
14-10-2009, 05:04 PM
Wondering why ED hasn't jumped on the topic yet ? This thread has potential to become the most hottest one :D

GatlinGun
14-10-2009, 05:11 PM
Deleted, not relevant!

Cap1
14-10-2009, 07:43 PM
I don't know about CF98 but I have the Norinco branded NP42 which supposedly is the same as CF98 (though I disagree slightly). The safety/decocking lever was never hard to begin so what you describe for the CF98 seems odd to me too. I don't know about breaking in with reference to a decocking lever as I hardly used it during the 650 rounds I've done on it (with no problems).

ARMAGEDDON
14-10-2009, 08:57 PM
GG, you know these are chineses stuff and the stuff which is made to be exported to Pakistan is not much quality checked, so its better to check with some other shop as well, other wise safty and decocker supposed to be most buttery swiched i guess

GatlinGun
14-10-2009, 09:11 PM
I don't know about CF98 but I have the Norinco branded NP42 which supposedly is the same as CF98 (though I disagree slightly). The safety/decocking lever was never hard to begin so what you describe for the CF98 seems odd to me too. I don't know about breaking in with reference to a decocking lever as I hardly used it during the 650 rounds I've done on it (with no problems).

Yes, they are similar if not same. The lever was real hard, and I felt it shouldn't have been. Other places listed this as a drawback.

Even as a decocker, it shouldn't be a struggle. NP22, for example, the lever comes right down without any effort.

GatlinGun
14-10-2009, 09:13 PM
GG, you know these are chineses stuff and the stuff which is made to be exported to Pakistan is not much quality checked, so its better to check with some other shop as well, other wise safty and decocker supposed to be most buttery swiched i guess

I agree with you, but this lever was butter frozen solid, not so much fun. I will check at other vendors but this was at Ammar's and I believe they are recommended by Osam and others to be good. I think it is in the weapon, and most of the enthusiasts ignore it, or might have not faced it.

There is so much praise for CF-98, but this drawback puts me off a bit.

ARMAGEDDON
14-10-2009, 09:23 PM
if you can allow me one day's time, tomorrow i will definitely advise you.

ARMAGEDDON
14-10-2009, 09:25 PM
why dont you go for Taurus's any hammer series? they are good at least better than cf if you dont have financial issue

GatlinGun
14-10-2009, 09:28 PM
if you can allow me one day's time, tomorrow i will definitely advise you.

That would be real kind of you Armageddon.

GatlinGun
14-10-2009, 09:31 PM
why dont you go for Taurus's any hammer series? they are good at least better than cf if you dont have financial issue

Yes, but dont like the Chromed Taurus guns. They look like toys. All kinds of mixed reviews on Taurus guns here.
PT111 Mil seems Okay, but I can put up with Two Tones, all Chrome is too Chichoura for me...

ARMAGEDDON
14-10-2009, 09:32 PM
at your service sir!, always

Enigmatic Desires
15-10-2009, 12:01 PM
Thanks for editing.. GG.. That one would have had me up like a roman candle..

AS regards the CF.. C if Adnan has any more pieces.. May be the one U got was a bit of a lemon..
Otherwise U can try out Pioneer next door. They just got in a new shipment.

Shooting the gun to "break in" the decocking lever... I don't think it can or even should have any effect on it.. If the safety is loosened after shooting.... ....!!

If its too stiff and remains stiff after a few tries at it... Then there is probably something wrong with that particular piece.

Xerga
15-10-2009, 03:34 PM
i havnt found any problem in cf98 pistol yet, works smooth. yea decocker is a little stiff. but that is fine in my hands. i can recommend this pistol to anyone who wants a cheap and reliable gun.

Khalidsh
15-10-2009, 04:49 PM
when i bought the cf i also faced the same problem. But after a few fires and cleaning the gun and lubricating it ... it work flawlessly and the decocker is pretty much smooth. So dont worry its not a problematic gun. Very simple gun indeed.

khakiMB
16-10-2009, 10:57 AM
Like a new shoe, it will fit like a glove in time.

GatlinGun
17-10-2009, 01:54 AM
when i bought the cf i also faced the same problem. But after a few fires and cleaning the gun and lubricating it ... it work flawlessly and the decocker is pretty much smooth. So dont worry its not a problematic gun. Very simple gun indeed.

Well, for this purchase, I have gone for a CM9, so I guess I don't have to worry bickering with safeties that need to be softended up like shoe leather.

Maybe if I consider this gun in the future, I will check again if this safety lever can be put up with.

Thank you to everyone for giving their opinion, and sharing their experience.

Best wishes,

GG

12GAUGE
17-10-2009, 09:23 AM
@GatlinGun

bro, i'm just throwing in my two cents here. may be ur doing it wrong. the safety works only if the hammer in half cock position. just pull the hammer back but stop once u hear the first click at half hammer position. then turn the safety on.

as far as the decocker is concerned, it works only when the hammer is at full cock position. just pull the hammer all the back (full cock) and turn the safety on. the hammer will automatically fall to half cock position.

Almost every CF98 that i've seen suffers from stiff safety lever and in almost all CF98s one has to fiddle a bit with the hammer to get the safety to engage smoothly. otherwise it quiet stiff, hard to engage and never smoothes out over time.

Regards.

p.s. hey! for a gun this inexpensive and good/accurate/reliable, its quiet a huge favor by the chinese to atleast offer a safety/decocker that works.

GatlinGun
19-10-2009, 02:00 AM
@GatlinGun

bro, i'm just throwing in my two cents here. may be ur doing it wrong. the safety works only if the hammer in half cock position. just pull the hammer back but stop once u hear the first click at half hammer position. then turn the safety on.

as far as the decocker is concerned, it works only when the hammer is at full cock position. just pull the hammer all the back (full cock) and turn the safety on. the hammer will automatically fall to half cock position.

Almost every CF98 that i've seen suffers from stiff safety lever and in almost all CF98s one has to fiddle a bit with the hammer to get the safety to engage smoothly. otherwise it quiet stiff, hard to engage and never smoothes out over time.

Regards.

p.s. hey! for a gun this inexpensive and good/accurate/reliable, its quiet a huge favor by the chinese to atleast offer a safety/decocker that works.

Thank you for the response. I am sure it will help others as well. I guess if you don't have to use the safety lever of the gun, then it is a great pistol.

StevenCline
19-10-2009, 08:28 AM
Hi,

I am almost final on buying a CF-98 for HD, however, I saw that the safety lever, (ambi dextrous), which is also a decocker, does not go down or come up that easy.

It was taking quite an effort for me to take it up to safe, though it took less effort to come to down to fire.
After some effort, it seemed like it moved, but was still not fun or easy as it should be.

Has anyone else observed this problem? I think I alot of you have recommended the CF-98 in this price class, however, I am really put off by the safety lever being so hard. I thought the whole point of safety level was to be of easy to use, and any other weapon I have used the safety does not take this much effort.

Best wishes,

GG

I have no experience with that model, but many safeties on many guns are very stiff when brand new. They will usually become much less stiff with repeated use. Also, please consider that you may be simply unfamiliar with the "proper" way to engaged/disengage the safety. A little practice may change your opinion of the safety.

You have several choices:

1- Not buy that model or that particular gun
2- Buy it and spend time every evening flipping the safety on and off to loosen it up.
3- Take it to a smith (or if you are willing to take the risk yourself) and sand the proper area to reduce the pressure and resistance.

Best of luck, let us know what you decide and how it works out.

GatlinGun
19-10-2009, 11:35 AM
Hi,

Best wishes,

GG

I have no experience with that model, but many safeties on many guns are very stiff when brand new. They will usually become much less stiff with repeated use. Also, please consider that you may be simply unfamiliar with the "proper" way to engaged/disengage the safety. A little practice may change your opinion of the safety.

You have several choices:

1- Not buy that model or that particular gun
2- Buy it and spend time every evening flipping the safety on and off to loosen it up.
3- Take it to a smith (or if you are willing to take the risk yourself) and sand the proper area to reduce the pressure and resistance.

Best of luck, let us know what you decide and how it works out.

I have gone for a Sarsilmaz CM9 for now. I don't think safety levers should be hard, they should be easy to flip. This one is more stiff than my liking.

Mig
19-10-2009, 11:17 PM
CF-98 .. Muzzle Life is 3000 Rounds.. If u engage in smoothing the things,, and its Muzzle life ends!!

12GAUGE
20-10-2009, 12:47 AM
CF-98 .. Muzzle Life is 3000 Rounds.. If u engage in smoothing the things,, and its Muzzle life ends!!

Correction! its actually 8,000 rounds. :)

Regards.

GatlinGun
20-10-2009, 12:53 AM

Regards.

Yeah, so I steered clear of it. I don't think anything mechanical should be broken in. It should work right out of the box.

Btw, the CM9, seems like a CZ75B clone, but works like a charm. Went through 200 rounds with it today, no issues.

Mig
25-10-2009, 12:40 PM

Regards.

The export variants (9mm version) include the CF-98 (muzzle life ~ 3000 rds) and the NP-42 (muzzle life ~ 10,000 rds).

Source: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/QSZ-92

12GAUGE
25-10-2009, 02:10 PM

Regards.

The export variants (9mm version) include the CF-98 (muzzle life ~ 3000 rds) and the NP-42 (muzzle life ~ 10,000 rds).

Source: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/QSZ-92

Ofcourse! the anonymous editor who we do not know anything about, who published the data on wiki without citing any source for that data, must be saying the truth. Silly me to have believed the manual (provided with every CF98) that clearly states 8,000 rounds.

Regards.

Mitho
25-10-2009, 03:03 PM
all the bickering about cf98 is not a good weapon.just tell me one guy on this forum who has reported any malfunction like ftf fte.its a weapon which gets the job done .its not for recreational shooting but a weapon u can depend ur life on.would take a cf98 over any turkish or even a tuarus any day.just dont go what people say who havent even fired cf98.if world second largest army has taken it as their official.side arm trust me its something.
as for the safety bieng hard the reason it works as a decocker.its not like a taurus u can engage safety with ur pinky but when u need it it will most probably fail you.so try the weapon out than give your opions.

Mitho
25-10-2009, 03:08 PM
there is a guy faisal balooch on this forum fired more than 10000 rounds from his cf98 not a single faliure.now that is what i mean.....just dont go what u read on wikipedia.
now try doin to ur turkish.most probably it will rattle after 2000 rounds.

Glocky
25-10-2009, 05:03 PM
@mitho, chill bro nobodys' dissing the CF-98, ppl can have their own opinions and views. The only problem i see with chinese weapons is the lack of any third party authentic information and reviews let alone much from the manufacturer. Thats why the confusion arises. FWIW most of the chinese clones/copies user manuals are often exact ditto copies of the original manuals.

12GAUGE
25-10-2009, 05:23 PM
There is this guy at my gun club who has fired over 4,000 rounds (not internet hearsay, I see him every week firing a minimum of two boxes = 100 rounds) from his CF98. its still going strong and still looks like a brand new weapon. as far as accuracy is concerned, no difference whatsoever.

Regards.

12GAUGE
25-10-2009, 05:34 PM
FWIW most of the chinese clones/copies user manuals are often exact ditto copies of the original manuals.

Bro, u are right regarding clones but CF98 is not a clone. its an original chinese design. therefore the figure quoted in its manual for the barrel life in terms of rounds fired can be considered authentic.

a while back I posted a link to a Norino's subsidiary in Germany here at pakguns. they quoted barrel life at 8,000 rounds for the CF98. and they also described different desigations with it as well. it was sorta like this:

CF98 = Official designation
NP42 = Hong Kong police designation
Type 92 or 90 or 98= Bangladesh Army (cant remember correctly, sorry!)

throughout the website they mentioned CF98 as CF98/NP42.

Regards.

KageFox
25-10-2009, 05:40 PM
From Wiki:

Original: QSZ-92
Export Variants: CF-98 (3000 rds), NP-42 (10,000 rds)
Bangladeshi Army: Type 92

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/QSZ-92

Mitho
25-10-2009, 06:13 PM
yup its the best weapon in its class.what else do do want from a 30k pistol.??/

12GAUGE
25-10-2009, 07:15 PM
From Wiki:

Original: QSZ-92
Export Variants: CF-98 (3000 rds), NP-42 (10,000 rds)
Bangladeshi Army: Type 92

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/QSZ-92

the anonymous editor who we do not know anything about, who published the data on wiki without citing any source for that data, must be saying the truth, right KF?.

Silly me to have believed the manual (provided with every CF98) that clearly states 8,000 rounds.

the problem with internet born experts is that they get groomed in believing everything thats written/published on internet sites. their behavoir makes sense too, practical experience takes alotta effort/resources whereas googling requires only the push of a few buttons.

however the shortcomming in the "internet only" gained expertise is that it does not take into consideration the source of the information, let alone the validity/authencity of the source. since source is not a considerable variable for such an "internet only" expert, he/she tends to believe everything they see on sites that google up on their screens.

common logic and known industry standards are also something which they dont tend to consider. since their minds are busy trying to absord everything they read they forget to linkup the missing information hidden between the lines.

take the example of barrel life for instance, military standard around the globe is a minimum service life of 5000 rounds for a combat handgun. think gentlemen! why would any military adopt a handgun which does not fullfill that basic requirement (a requirement shared by the chinese military as well as US).

now kindly use ur common sense and think. does 3000 round figure make sense? one more thing why my esteemd internet experts tend to take wiki's word over manufacturer provided manual. dont they know that wiki is a public contributed encyclopedia where any individual without fullfilling any qualification or experience based criteria can write all sorts of information for others to believe and blindly follow.

Kindly read this: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wikipedia#Reliability

Regards.

p.s. did i mention that I know a guy (see him every week practicaly firing 100 rounds) who has fired over 4000 rounds from his CF98 and it still looks almost brand new and the guy hasnt noticed any degradation in accuracy or function. to top that, he doesnt clean his CF98. only a few passes of barrel bore after a range session. that all.

KageFox
25-10-2009, 07:27 PM
Did not intend to challenge your, the manual's or anybody else's quoted figures. Was simply stating what Wiki said.

Intention was not to quote the rounds which can be shot through the barrel, simply the names of the gun. My apologies.

Btw, older information on the Internet (not just Wiki) does suggest that the initial barrel life advertised was 3000 rounds and has been improved a great deal since then. The common figures I found were 3000, 8000 & 10,000.

Mitho
25-10-2009, 07:29 PM
@12gauge
+1

Rizshu
25-10-2009, 08:01 PM
12 gauge brother you are 100% right. KF brother i have to say that firstly we have many people who had experienced with cf98,and according to their views and experiences it is very clear that if cf has a barrel life of 3000 rounds, then it should be ftf letsay after 4000 or 5000 rounds. but we have people like faisal baloch who had fired 10000 rounds from cf98. what you think about that?

secondly, till the time one cannot have experience by its own, one can not have a solid comment for that. nothing is more accurate then one have it with his/her own hand.

and i personally believe that either one should convince others or get convinced

Enigmatic Desires
26-10-2009, 03:37 PM
Considering the 'messing around" I have done with wiki.. I would like very1 to to take what it states with a grain of salt....

Rizshu
28-10-2009, 10:05 PM
can any of the member having cf-98, post a video of assemblimg and disassembling of their cf-98?

Txshooter
29-10-2009, 08:00 PM
Hi. I had the opportunity to own an original qsz-92, the cf-98 is the commercial export version. the gun fired beautifully and I never had any problems with it whatsover. but in the newer models, i didn't like the finish and it just looks cheap!

9mm Luger
29-10-2009, 08:19 PM
@rizshu bring around ur piece sometime and i will assemble /disassemble it for u as i have watched its assembling video on youtube :D

otherwise try google or search on youtube you will find it..

Rizshu
29-10-2009, 08:31 PM
thanks 9mm, my pleasure

Conceal Carry
05-11-2009, 10:31 PM
Salam everyone.

I believe lot of PG members have / had in the past the famous Chinese CF-98/NP-42 variants. Did any member ever faced a problem with this weapon? please do share your bad experience only. thanks in advance

Xerga
05-11-2009, 10:40 PM
still have Not faced any problem. not a single Jam.

Mitho
05-11-2009, 11:19 PM
only problem with cf98 is that people cant digest the fact that a 30k pistol can do what it can do....
it has a failure rate half that of a brretta 92.now how can a guy who spent over 200k for a brretta can digest that?
there are over 70k of posts on this forum.havent seen one single post saying that they have faced a problem with thier cf98.

Monis
05-11-2009, 11:54 PM
+1 mitho

AK47
06-11-2009, 12:20 AM
Mitho, you're probably right. And this commonly discussed issue of 'barrel life" also seems invalid, coz most people using this gun may never achieve even HALF of that life, without also buying other guns, or replacing the CF98! Agreed, the 30k issue seems most common!

Anthrax
06-11-2009, 12:31 AM
Mitho: +1000

I like people who're straight forward and blunt. Kinda like me :P

faisal balouch
06-11-2009, 01:08 AM
cf 98 pistol is the best hand gun in any manner at this rate. relieable light weight accurate easy to carry easy to assemble and dis assemble its a user friendly hand gun which can be trusted.

Topak
06-11-2009, 06:32 PM
never listened any fault about it.....thats really amazing no fte no ftf...

Abu Al Hawl
06-11-2009, 06:45 PM
Mitho bhai, failure with beretta 92? are you taking about Pak clone ?

12GAUGE
06-11-2009, 07:14 PM
Mitho bhai, failure with beretta 92? are you taking about Pak clone ?

well, what he means is that CF98 has demonstrated a failure rate of 2/1000 which is lower than M9 and he is talking about the failure rate of the "production run". now by failure it means that the firearm is not at par with (or does not function according to) the performance listed/promised/guaranteed by the manufacturer.

one must understand is that having a lower failure rate does not indicate the quality of a firearm. high end firearms manufacturers usually have higher failure rates owing to the higher quality benchmarks(requirements/prerequisites/standards) that must be met before a firearm get a seal of approval (certificate of qualification).

Regards.

Abu Al Hawl
06-11-2009, 07:19 PM
well not with me, not with my piece.

Cap1
06-11-2009, 07:47 PM
I have the NP42; I don't like it. It is too accurate - takes all the fun out of trying to hit bulls eye and using up half a box of ammo doing so. It is too cheap - people get to spend 2X to 7X for similar or slightly improved performance and even the brand name to go with. It has glow in the dark sights - so we get no chance of spending another 20K for the night sights. It is too easy to field strip and clean - so you don't get to play Mr Gunsmith just trying to field strip and clean it. Speaking of cleaning, the barrel looks too much like new every time after cleaning - literally as boring as watching paint dry.
Not a bad gun otherwise.

Mitho
06-11-2009, 08:26 PM
@CAP1
u summed it well.
its becoming more of a class thing.rich people cant see poor people like us to own a pistol which makes glock eat dirt in accuracy department.
when i got my pistol most of my friends used to look down on my pistol.most of them had taurus or S&w.after 2 years no one dares to say a word against a cf98.few have even gone for cf98.
thing is chinese people dont how to market thier stuff.

Cap1
06-11-2009, 08:33 PM
Well to be fair, I have a G19 too. Agree the Chinese could market themselves better.

Enigmatic Desires
06-11-2009, 10:23 PM
I have the NP42; I don't like it. It is too accurate - takes all the fun out of trying to hit bulls eye and using up half a box of ammo doing so. It is too cheap - people get to spend 2X to 7X for similar or slightly improved performance and even the brand name to go with. It has glow in the dark sights - so we get no chance of spending another 20K for the night sights. It is too easy to field strip and clean - so you don't get to play Mr Gunsmith just trying to field strip and clean it. Speaking of cleaning, the barrel looks too much like new every time after cleaning - literally as boring as watching paint dry.
Not a bad gun otherwise.

Now that is as succient a review as anY I EVER seen!!! :)

KageFox
06-11-2009, 10:49 PM
@Cap1: that was some review... :P

Shariq
06-11-2009, 11:49 PM
a pistol which makes glock eat dirt in accuracy department.

Dear Sir
Imu10 scores 150/150 using two different Glock 17s at 15m. But i agree that its easier to shoot well with CF-98 as compared to a G17.

GatlinGun
07-11-2009, 03:08 AM
I had a thread on the CF-98 issues, as I discovered the safety/decocker was a bit stiff. Some suggested that the gun needs to be "broken into" and others suggested that if it hard from start, it will remain so.

Nonetheless, it has a reputation to be a good sidearm, just that the so called safety is not to my liking.

Abbas
07-11-2009, 03:17 AM
@CAP1 :lol:

It's a pistol I love to hate but it is 'dead' accurate.

Heartman
07-11-2009, 04:40 AM
Hi Friends,
Hope all of you & your guns will be fine, guys here i m again seeking ur help...so please tell me how much cost me a CF98 in Karachi and name a good dealer, and is there any danger of getting a fake / clone instead of real one......

Cap1
07-11-2009, 04:46 AM
Thanks guys!
@Abbas now you made me dig up this old post again :)

http://i359.photobucket.com/albums/oo39/CapOnePK/NP42penny5.jpg
http://www.pakguns.com/forum/viewtopic.php?pid=9571#p9571

Dr Hanif Malik
07-11-2009, 09:29 AM
ya brother most wellcome.karachi senior members, sqnldr_ shariq sa and sohail will guide you plse try to contact them directly by e mail.:)

Topak
07-11-2009, 11:14 AM
heartman we already have threads on forum for CF98 please check it
http://www.pakguns.com/forum/viewtopic.php?pid=77822#p77822
http://www.pakguns.com/forum/viewtopic.php?id=288
regards

Heartman
07-11-2009, 04:06 PM
Yaar some one please tell me the recent price of CF-98 in Karachi and a dealer...............??????

Agent47
07-11-2009, 04:27 PM
i could tell u one,price and dealer both,but i think such posts are now not allowed anymore.

AOA
07-11-2009, 08:58 PM
@ Heartman

Read the following two threads. Second ones on CF-9
First ones on dealers and the opinions of members who have dealt with them.
http://www.pakguns.com/forum/viewtopic.php?id=3083
http://www.pakguns.com/forum/viewforum.php?id=13

Rizshu
07-11-2009, 09:01 PM
agent instead of telling here u can help heartman by mailing him on his private e-mail address

AOA
07-11-2009, 09:28 PM
What I dont understand is why people just wont read the relevant threads and post or request for information in the relevant threads. Besides there is also a search option. You get about a 100 pieces of reliable information. Al that you would need to make a decision.
@Heartman first go to the CF 98 thread. It has all the information on it. Then go to the Dealers section. By the end of reading it, im sure you will be able to make an informed decision on a dealer. And if you need information on a particular dealer, just ask over there and im sure the member would be more than happy to give you more opinions. And there are more than 20- 25 dealers in Karachi alone.

Rizshu
07-11-2009, 09:31 PM
+1 aoa

SevenMagnum
07-11-2009, 09:36 PM
+1 rizshu

KageFox
07-11-2009, 10:04 PM
+100K AoA. I share the same sentiments...

Anthrax
24-11-2009, 01:41 AM
Salam brothers,

Had an awesome day today. Finally bought my first 9MM. During the entire trip, Naveed bhai was with me, guiding me with his expert advice. Also met with SlayerJatt and we both bought our first 9MMs from PARA! Boy, it was one hell of a day :D

My budget was around 40. But I was having a hard time deciding which weapon to buy. I had the option of adding some more amount to my budget, but at the end of the day, I bought the CF-98. I had the option of buying the CZ-999 which was costing me about 45. But with the bullets, accessories and everything else, I was looking at a figure above 50. So I decided to get the CF-98!

I wasn't sure about buying the CF, but everyone suggested me that I should buy it. I was planning to get a Hatsan Escort 12 Gauge and I was very confused but Alhamdullilah, I knew what I wanted to buy when the time came.

In all, I've bought the CF-98, Two holsters, an Extra magazine, and a 100 bullets.

Thanks to this forum, Abbas Bhai and all the respected senior members who've helped me become more aware of the firearms around us.

http://s1.postimage.org/1AQVRr.jpg (http://www.postimage.org/image.php?v=gx1AQVRr)

http://s1.postimage.org/1AR4Q0.jpg (http://www.postimage.org/image.php?v=gx1AR4Q0)

http://s1.postimage.org/1AR9Pi.jpg (http://www.postimage.org/image.php?v=gx1AR9Pi)

http://s3.postimage.org/1jEXgr.jpg (http://www.postimage.org/image.php?v=Pq1jEXgr)

http://s4.postimage.org/11wFKA.jpg (http://www.postimage.org/image.php?v=aV11wFKA)

http://s3.postimage.org/1jF8K9.jpg (http://www.postimage.org/image.php?v=Pq1jF8K9)

http://s3.postimage.org/1jFgdA.jpg (http://www.postimage.org/image.php?v=Pq1jFgdA)

http://s2.postimage.org/184qJ.jpg (http://www.postimage.org/image.php?v=Ts184qJ)

http://s4.postimage.org/11x1bS.jpg (http://www.postimage.org/image.php?v=aV11x1bS)

http://s4.postimage.org/11xg9J.jpg (http://www.postimage.org/image.php?v=aV11xg9J)

Slayerjatt
24-11-2009, 01:45 AM
congratulations bro. very sensible choice MASHAALLAH. happy shooting.;)

bazkhan35
24-11-2009, 02:14 AM
congrats and very nice pics you should be a photographer,nice presentation.

I think i am the most junior person here till now no guns :'(

Sami
24-11-2009, 02:31 AM
A-O-A, Very good purchase, "MUBARAK Kabool karain". Its wise to have an extra magazine and very nice holster too. Take care. A-H

Anthrax
24-11-2009, 02:47 AM
Thanks Slayer, Bazkhan and Stigma!

Bazkhan: We all start with knives, knuckle dusters, baseball bats, monkey wrench's and airguns. Your time will come soon InshAllah and when it does, you'll say "The wait was worth it". :)

bazkhan35
24-11-2009, 03:07 AM
very true anthrax :)

9mm Luger
24-11-2009, 06:54 AM
congrats anthrax !

Dr Hanif Malik
24-11-2009, 07:27 AM
good progress, and good choice ,cong to you:)

TAREEN
24-11-2009, 07:37 AM
Nice gun brother. The picture composition is excellent, is it just a hobby or you have any professional attachment to it?

AK47
24-11-2009, 08:00 AM
@Anthrax bro.........Congrats to you too, those pics are really tempting! What did you pay item wise? Happy shoot!

Monis
24-11-2009, 08:05 AM
Congratulation nice gun

Starfish
24-11-2009, 10:16 AM
awesome anthrax. looks like you had a blast :P
Congratulations and hope you enjoy this handgun.

Ali Akbar
24-11-2009, 10:25 AM
congrats anthrax bro for ur first weopen and brilliant presentation of pics

12GAUGE
24-11-2009, 10:33 AM
@Anthrax

good purchase buddy. have fun with it. u'll see that in the shape of CF98 the Chinese have really comeup with a good design handgun. the more i'm seeing different handguns the more i'm getting convinced that CF98 though inexpensive is a very well thought out design. its accuracy too is at par with any combat grade handgun. Enjoy safe shooting.

I do have a question, how much did u pay for the extra magazine?

Regards.

AK47
24-11-2009, 10:39 AM
Right 12 gauge, my impression too. Just wonder if finishing is any better on those that they supply to Hong Kong Lea's, or is it all the same? Indeed, there is something about this gun, that attracts one, even if already in possession of several others and more expensive.

selfdefence26
24-11-2009, 11:43 AM
Anthrax bro congrats on yr CF98. Seems like an EXCELLENT pistol. I love yr pics. Since I am also contemplating buying a CF for my first NPB, I would appreciate if u could let me know if the Safety lever/Decocker functions smoothly when u use the gun. I say that bec one of our members had a problem with the Decocker/Safety. he said that it was TOO STIFF TO ENGAGE and not smooth as compared to other pistols. Waiting fr yr view on this and have a great time shooting this amazing gun.

Rgds,
SD

Topak
24-11-2009, 12:38 PM
congrats anthrax for CF98...besides a gun lover you are also good photographer.....

Salahuddin Ayubi
24-11-2009, 12:39 PM
Mubruk Anthrax. Nice purchase. Excellent snaps.

Naveed_pk
24-11-2009, 12:55 PM
Anthrax many many congrats bro.... and very nice photoshoot ...we got the deal in a reasonable price...
Many members are asking the prices item wise they are as follow
Cf 98 @ 30000....... pistol holster @ 300 ....belt holster @ 900....Extra mag @ 2100... bullets @ 3400...34 each (blue box)

Faisji
24-11-2009, 12:59 PM
Anthrax many many congrats bro.... and very nice photoshoot ...we got the deal in a reasonable price...
Many members are asking the prices item wise they are as follow
Cf 98 @ 30000....... pistol holster @ 300 ....belt holster @ 900....Extra mag @ 2100... bullets @ 3400...34 each (blue box)

Firstly congrats on the piece.

2100 for a mag I need to get some. 3k is what they are at peshawar.

Manj
24-11-2009, 01:07 PM
congrats anthrax, i saw you there in the shop when you were buying CF-98, you were very confused, but at the end you picked the right one. happy maiden gun

Nabeel
24-11-2009, 01:21 PM
Congrats Bro :cool:

Happy Shooting

Aamar
24-11-2009, 01:39 PM
Excellent pics, congrats on the purchase, i have one as well and it works very very well :D

GatlinGun
24-11-2009, 01:51 PM
Good choice, nice pictures, happy shooting...

taimikhan
24-11-2009, 02:49 PM
The videos of the CF98 firing action should be better then mine :P

Gunpsycho
24-11-2009, 03:05 PM
Congrats anthrax Bro. gr8 gun & pics too. here i want to know is this NORINCO CF 98 plz check is there any Norinco logo emboss on it

Naveed_pk
24-11-2009, 03:07 PM
No Gunpsycho there is no logo on it... and logo dont make any difference...

Gunpsycho
24-11-2009, 03:13 PM
Naveed in Karachi they charge 2k extra for the logo i heard that without norinco logo is made by some other manufacturer any way i bought one for my friend for 28k on 16th with the logo and 100 bullets for 3k the same in the pic

taimikhan
24-11-2009, 03:16 PM
Congrats anthrax Bro. gr8 gun & pics too. here i want to know is this NORINCO CF 98 plz check is there any Norinco logo emboss on it

I bought one 2 weeks back, it has Norinco Stamp on it, but interesting thing is that it has no railing for accessories.

But as Naveed Bhai said, there is no major difference, barrel life and firing mechanism are same.

Only difference is stamp thing and i believe in my case railing is missing :)

taimikhan
24-11-2009, 03:17 PM
Naveed in Karachi they charge 2k extra for the logo i heard that without norinco logo is made by some other manufacturer any way i bought one for my friend for 28k on 16th with the logo and 100 bullets for 3k the same in the pic

Ask you friend that does it has railings on it ??

Gilani
24-11-2009, 03:27 PM
I bought one 2 weeks back, it has Norinco Stamp on it, but interesting thing is that it has no railing for accessories.

But as Naveed Bhai said, there is no major difference, barrel life and firing mechanism are same.

Only difference is stamp thing and i believe in my case railing is missing :)

Mine also has a logo but no accessory railing.

Topak
24-11-2009, 03:33 PM
if i am not wrong(may be ? id ont know :/ ) CF98 is without rails ? :|

Naveed_pk
24-11-2009, 03:35 PM
No Sir the one we bought last night is with rails ...u can check the pics closely..and the prize is same as of logo and without logo... we were quoted by Baksh Ellahi with stamp @ 30k

Gunpsycho
24-11-2009, 03:39 PM
@ Taimikhan yes with the rails on it

taimikhan
24-11-2009, 03:49 PM

Yups Sir, the one i bought with Norinco Stamp on it, the gun holding box also had Noricno atamp on it, it had no railings.

I believe we have 2 manufacturers of CF-98.

Also saw a picture of a NP-42 with no railings, try to find out and post it.

Here it is Sir

http://www.fyjs.cn/bbs/attachments/Mon_0707/39_5847_11ddadc6570ab7e.jpg

Saeen
24-11-2009, 04:07 PM
Congrats man !! Welcome to the CF-98 club :)

taimikhan
24-11-2009, 04:11 PM
This is my 2nd CF-98 with Norinco Stamp with no railings as discussed above.

http://img413.imageshack.us/img413/9892/pa180160.jpg (http://img413.imageshack.us/i/pa180160.jpg/) http://img413.imageshack.us/img413/pa180160.jpg/1/w3264.png (http://g.imageshack.us/img413/pa180160.jpg/1/)

Anthrax
24-11-2009, 04:43 PM
Thanks everyone for liking the pictures. Photography is a hobby of mine. As fa as other questions are concerned, this one has the entercon logo on it and I think we've been clear about it on another thread that there is no difference between the two. I request 12 gauge to repost his post about how all the cf98s are made by norinco.

The decocker is a bit stiff but then again the gun is nib. It'll take some time for it to loosen up. Sorry for not quoting the questions as I'm posting this from my phone.

Xerga
24-11-2009, 05:02 PM
good buy. congratulations dear. pictures are really tempting. nice holsters. when you'r done test-firing it. submit the report.

Ka_Khan
24-11-2009, 05:40 PM
Congratulations Anthrax and very nice pics.Seems CF 98 is on the hit list :)

SevenMagnum
24-11-2009, 05:42 PM
NICE Gun bro.

Rizshu
24-11-2009, 05:43 PM
Congratulations Anthrax bohat bohat mubarak ho. nice pics btw...

GatlinGun
24-11-2009, 05:43 PM
As a valuable member recently posted the Import Manifest, I think it would be safe it assume that this gun is the largest imported and sold gun in Pakistan right now.

You agree?

KageFox
24-11-2009, 05:56 PM
Mashallah, congrats on your purchase! The photos appear to be very well taken...

The more I see of this gun, the more I start to gravitate towards it...

Anthrax
24-11-2009, 06:09 PM
Here's 12 Gauge's post about this whole Norinco stamp thing. In my opinion, its just another BS way for our dealers to earn more money from our pockets. Give it a read!

12 Gauge writes: mine is also stamped Entercon, dont worry, recently did a thorough internet search and found out that:

CF98 stands for CHANG-FENG 98, it was designed and currently produced by CHONGQING CHANG-FENG MACHINE MANUFACTURING, its a state owned arms factory, the largest pistol and submachine gun making facility in China. almost exclusively, all military CF98 pistols are produced here (under the designation QSZ92). this company also makes mitsubishi licensed SUVs (pajero) and currently in a bid to buy U.S. HUMMER company. wow! isnt it?

most people think that norinco actually produces these weapons. well, no, NORINCO is a state owned company that buys stuff from other state owned companies for export purposes. they can produce an exclusive item under their logo but all production is carried out at the contracted companies. (whole scheme is quiet similar to Baikal of Russia, since China to some extent still operates as the old communist USSR).

Norinco used to buy CF98 from this company under the designation Norinco NP42 and Norinco CF98 (two versions for export diversification, otherwise absolutely same thing), stamp their logo on it and export it (similar to Baikal, its just an export name). however after the imposition of export embargo on Norinco (its name popped up in an illegal arms deal), many export oriented companies were created (on similar setup such as norinco and baikal) to work around the embargo and Entercon was one of them. just like norinco, its just an export name. the company (CHANG-FENG MACHINE MANUFACTURING) that designed the CF98 is still the only company engaged in its production.

Regards

Rizshu
24-11-2009, 06:18 PM

http://s2.postimage.org/2RXQA.jpg (http://www.postimage.org/image.php?v=Ts2RXQA)

Topak it is with rails

Zhatash
24-11-2009, 07:45 PM
Congratulation Anthrax on yr first 9mm. Excellent photography skills.

Ka_Khan
24-11-2009, 07:56 PM
Too many CF's on the forum.Found this video to help members with new CF's (including me).

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OUxi_1XTehU

Could you guys get some clear ones?

Malik1
24-11-2009, 08:02 PM
Nice purchase. Congrats bro and happy shooting :)

taimikhan
24-11-2009, 08:23 PM
Too many CF's on the forum.Found this video to help members with new CF's (including me).

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OUxi_1XTehU

Could you guys get some clear ones?

Well when i joined the forum and was finalizing pistol for myself, the biggest problem i faced was that no video was available for CF98, it seemed as its a non existent pistol.

The the video you referred was only found, no other video.

So i had promised myself that when i buy it i will make videos, so 5 videos of CF98 in firing action have been uploaded by me so that new comers can see how it fires. InshAllah will soon try to make disassembling and assembling videos too and upload them with the ones showing CF98 being fired.

Also, it is requested to owners on this forum to make some videos of their CF98 in action as i have seen pictures only on this forum, no videos.

And suggestions welcomed in how to make the disassembling & assembling videos.

SAA313
24-11-2009, 08:40 PM
Congrats. A fine choice, right price and gr8 photos. CF98 is also a consideration in my next buy. Will welcome an after-shoot report and its handling.

P.S. Do offload mags when not in use or reduce to 70% capacity to preserve em

CougarMan
24-11-2009, 08:51 PM
P.S. Do offload mags when not in use or reduce to 70% capacity to preserve em

Nope. Use is what will wear the spring out. So keep them loaded. If you are worried, down load them by one or two.

Faisji
24-11-2009, 09:01 PM
@taimikhan..Great jpb on the videos brother.I have a question the place you shooting at looks like firing range :) is this your private land?

I got a peice of land that has been dug for making bricks and i was thing of converting it as well(Its about 4 geerabs)

Ilyas
24-11-2009, 09:16 PM
Congrats Bro... it seems to be the CF98 season on the forum. Good gun in reasonable price.
Safe n happy shooting :)

mackey
24-11-2009, 09:26 PM
very nice n beautiful. i think i should change my pistol now.;)

Denovo87
24-11-2009, 09:32 PM
My heartiest congrats Anthrax for your first gun, wish you a happy life with your new partener.
And excellent light n camera work bro.

taimikhan
24-11-2009, 09:48 PM
@faisji Not personal, its a LEAs firing range in Peshawar. Well depends you want a firing range for what purpose, for small arms 50 yards would be enough, but if you need for rifles, then 150-200+ yards range preferable.

And firing range main requirement is the length, width can be taken care of.

As for your land, the size and shape would be required to say what it can be made into and how. So better you give the length and width dimensions, but i believe in 4 geerabs you can definitely have a pistol firing range, but rifle range would have to be looked into.

Ka_Khan
24-11-2009, 10:33 PM
@taimikhan...Yes i noticed your videos in my search for disassembly video for CF.There are so many videos of every handgun and its strange that CF lovers have yet to post videos.
@faisji...you can have a rifle range in your 4 Jareebs (4 jareeb=16 Kanals).

taimikhan
24-11-2009, 11:14 PM
@taimikhan...Yes i noticed your videos in my search for disassembly video for CF.There are so many videos of every handgun and its strange that CF lovers have yet to post videos.
@faisji...you can have a rifle range in your 4 Jareebs (4 jareeb=16 Kanals).

Yeah true, that's why i have uploaded 3 more on this sunday, so 5 in total now, but i guess other CF owners need to upload to, as people will get bored seeing one guy in all the videos :D spcially our pathan bhais. ;)

takenleader
25-11-2009, 12:55 AM
salam to all members

Congrats on u r new purchase . U have made the best deal (i.e) the CF-98. But here in karachi if we a have a choice of buying an np42 for about 33 to 34 thousand , is it worth paying more for the np 42 . Its manual says barrel life 10000 rounds . There is some confusion about the superiority of the np42 vs cf 98

regards

LionHeart
25-11-2009, 08:35 AM
@Anthrax: Brother Many Congrats for your first gun, Indeed its a voice choice as for the first purchase/experience. The photos you took are also very impressive. Good Work

As for as the price you paid Rs. 36,700/- for everything is really a good purchase. Have a Happy and Safe Shooting. Do give us your feedback and video is possible...

regards,

Yardie Jutt
26-11-2009, 11:42 PM
congrax Anthrax on ur 1st acquisition..it's a wise choice and i hope you pop the cherry soon :)

Anthrax
27-11-2009, 01:40 AM
Guys, it's not my first gun :p

haven't fired a single shot yet as all the ranges are shut down at the moment. Will test it at a private range after eid but if someones got their own range in Lahore, don't forget to invite me ;)

Heartman
30-11-2009, 08:12 PM
Hi, hope all u guys will be fine, yaar its been long time since i had requested for current price of CF-98 in Karachi, but no one care to reply. Mr. Rookie posted a nice lecture so i tried the SEARCH option but it didnt help and still my question is unanswered. And one more thing this is great effort and i really do appriciate all the members; but some "Mr. Wise Guys" always get "angry" if anbody uses incorrect thread or makes some other little mistakes. I will just request u guys that plz plz plz do not do this.

"Sabar Eik Aysi Sawari Hey Jo Insan Ko Kabhi Girney Nahi Deeti" (Hazrat Imam Hussain A.S)

ay_be_why
30-11-2009, 08:24 PM
chill out bro :)
about the price, i recently saw in a thread, CF-98 being quoted at 30K, and negotiated down to 28K final in lahore. according to members' experience, lahore prices are usually 1-2k less than karahi prices so you MIGHT be able to find one at around, say 30-33k.

Naveed_pk
30-11-2009, 08:27 PM
welcome on board dear... the current price in lahore is 32 asking and finnal 28 k...with norinco stamp.. u can have it in karachi in 30 or 31 k...

Enigmatic Desires
01-12-2009, 12:32 AM
There are few reputable arms dealers in khi who dont stock this perticular weapon..

EasyRider
02-12-2009, 12:12 AM
Hey guys,
today i went market to buy CF-98, i visited 4 dealers, all were having this pistol, 3 of them were selling on Rs.29000, 1 was selling for Rs.36000, he said who are selling in 29k are not originally Chinese made brands and they have an eagle on the pistol, but the one i have is original and see there is no eagle on the pistol.
So i didnt buy any of them bcz i thought to ask you guys before i purchase.
You people seem expert and i read some of you are having this pistol, Please do let me know is there really a diff? and the one you got, does it have eagle/Or there is no diff, is he trying to scam?
secondly, there's is another pistol taurus, i dont know if it is PT111 or 24/7, it was around Rs.58000, and was very smaller than CF-98, looked like http://world.guns.ru/handguns/taurus_pt111.jpg
SO Which one is better CF-98 or the taurus?
If i talk about my budget i would rather go for CF-98, but if taurus is much better than that, i can wait some more time to increase my budget, Because i am not a gun collector i will buy a gun once for self defense so suggest me the best one.
I would appreciate if you answer both questions.

Slayerjatt
02-12-2009, 12:17 AM
dear sir,

welcome to the forum. first of all, you can use the search button and search for cf98 to see all the threads about this gun. in general, it's a very nice and reliable weapon and price justified that's why it is very widely loved on our beloved forum. about taurus 24/7 and pt 111, they are both hammerless and are notorious for jams and problems so i would vote against them. hope that helps.

EasyRider
02-12-2009, 12:24 AM
Thank you sir, i appreciate you replied, but my main question was about the eagle tag, hope you pay your kind attention and reply.
dear sir,

welcome to the forum. first of all, you can use the search button and search for cf98 to see all the threads about this gun. in general, it's a very nice and reliable weapon and price justified that's why it is very widely loved on our beloved forum. about taurus 24/7 and pt 111, they are both hammerless and are notorious for jams and problems so i would vote against them. hope that helps.

Slayerjatt
02-12-2009, 12:37 AM
kindly check this link:

http://www.pakguns.com/forum/viewtopic.php?id=3257

this was bought just a few days back by one of our esteemed members. i haven't heard of an eagle marking on cf98. which city are you from?

EasyRider
02-12-2009, 12:44 AM
I am from lahore and went nila gunbad market. Mokal arms are offering 29k, but there's another shop asking for 36k and they said mokal's must be having eagle marking on it, coz original Chinese CF-98 is in 36 k.
kindly check this link:

http://www.pakguns.com/forum/viewtopic.php?id=3257

this was bought just a few days back by one of our esteemed members. i haven't heard of an eagle marking on cf98. which city are you from?

Slayerjatt
02-12-2009, 12:48 AM
just go to p.a.r.a. it is the second or third shop on the left when you enter the basement. there is a guy named ahsan there. tell him that you are from pakguns. he is a known and tested dealer and will give you aik number gun.:)

EasyRider
02-12-2009, 12:54 AM
ah thanks bro, i really appreciate the effort you put in, i really do. but i'd be looking for another reply from you, please do let me know the address of p.a.r.a. as i am new to lahore and especially in guns stuff so dont know market locations. thank you
just go to p.a.r.a. there is a guy named ahsan there. tell him that you are from pakguns. he is a known and tested dealer.:)

Slayerjatt
02-12-2009, 12:56 AM
i have edited my last post to guide you. it's in the same basement at nila gunbad. mokal arms is first shop on right and p.a.r.a is on the opposite side.

EasyRider
02-12-2009, 12:58 AM
Thank you sir :) will show you my CF-98 soon inshALLAH.
i have edited my last post to guide you. it's in the same basement at nila gunbad. mokal arms is first shop on right and p.a.r.a is on the opposite side.

Slayerjatt
02-12-2009, 12:58 AM
no problem sir.:) happy shopping.:)

02-12-2009, 11:56 AM
Hay bro,
I will be amongst those who will be waiting for your post after you have tied the deal... i will be cautiously looking at the price tag.

Regards

Arsenal763
02-12-2009, 12:18 PM
Heartman Bro. dont get angry.. CF98 average price is 30 to 35 thousand.. for more info. check http://tahirbrothers.com/

Bilz111
03-12-2009, 04:21 PM
Bro i just came back from Al Harris dey have it wit logo n asking 33k for it...
Hope it help ya..

Gunpsycho
03-12-2009, 05:30 PM
Heartman u will get it from Tahir Bros. Saddar. Karachi for 29K.

Sohail
04-12-2009, 11:28 AM
sorry for checking the thread very late.

couple of weeks back it was around 28k at ammar & co. he is the stockiest of number of chinese and turkish brands, if you really want to have one tell me i will ask adnan to give you better rates. email me at sohailkhan@thebrand.com.pk

regards

04-12-2009, 07:15 PM
While everybody is qualifying a gun aunthentic and non authentic on the basis of accessory rail.. Can anyone shed light to the un learnts of my type what indeed is the accessory rail.. photos would be very helpful.. thanks in advance...

taimikhan
05-12-2009, 12:26 AM
While everybody is qualifying a gun aunthentic and non authentic on the basis of accessory rail.. Can anyone shed light to the un learnts of my type what indeed is the accessory rail.. photos would be very helpful.. thanks in advance...

Sir Ji, its the little strip under the tip of the barrel where accessories like laser sight or torch can be fixed for additional operational capability.

The strips helps in placing the screws and nuts used to hold the frame in which the accessories are fitted.

Heartman
05-12-2009, 10:42 PM
Thank u very much guys, i was so confused about getting a 9mm pistol and this wonderful site helped me alot and now i will get my it in few days. I have got one TT and a DSA Pump Action, and a 9mm will be a welcoming thing.

Anthrax
07-12-2009, 04:06 AM
Sorry to revive an old thread, but had a question. The manual I received with my gun says that the barrel life is 8000 rounds. I think I've read somewhere on the forum that the CF98's barrel life is around 5000 to 6000.

Can someone shed some light on it? Also, if you're a CF-98 owner, please share information about the barrel life written on YOUR manual.

Thanks.

Maximus
07-12-2009, 10:45 AM
congrats buddy.
btw in the cf98 thread. everyone agrees on 8000 rounds. the rounds you use will cost you 272k by the time you achieve that level, so i`m guessing you shouldnt think about the barrel life much.

Naveed_pk
07-12-2009, 11:37 AM
+1 Maximus

07-12-2009, 09:58 PM
What does NIB mean? New In Box..?

Rizshu
07-12-2009, 10:18 PM
Yes

NIB = New In box

07-12-2009, 10:28 PM
Thanks for cfming!

Mig
07-12-2009, 10:54 PM
Very Nice Purchase,, and Indeed, Magnetic Flux density with such Pics.. They are very nice, , U got any training for photography ?

Gilani
12-12-2009, 10:13 PM
Though a lot has been written about the performance of this pistol but I thought I might also share my view as I fired extensively with CF98 in last 20 days or so. I also understand that a range report without pics virtually means nothing but it just did not occur to me while I was firing that I should take the pics also. Sorry for that. Most of the time forgot to take my camera along and actually, remained too focused on firing alone.

In all, I fired around 800 rounds of different ammo in the last 20 days. This included 50 rounds of Chinese Blue Box (2008 lot), 100 rounds of POF 1Z (2006 lot) and around 650 rounds of POF 2Z (different lots from 2002 to 2008). The results were as following.

- There were no misfires with any of the three ammo.

- 5 jammed out of 800. All of them were POF 2Z and all were within first 200 rounds that I fired from this pistol. No jams afterwards (this could have been due to faulty cartridges or the experts may comment better whether its a fault or a fluke).

- Initially, the weapon was continuously firing below the point of aim when I was aiming with rear and front sights aligned / levelled. Then I kept front sight tip a little higher than the rear sight and the pistol started firing quite accurately.

- The weapon turned out to be a very accurate one. I fired 50 rounds each from CF98, Baretta 92FS, Akdal Ghost and NP22 (there is no specific reason for selecting these pistols, infact they were the one available to me :)). CF98 and Baretta 92FS were at par and quite accurate, followed by NP22, Akdal Ghost was an unimpressive last. Distribution of these 50 rounds was 10 from 30 ft, 10 from 50 ft, 10 from 75 ft and 20 rounds (2 mags of 10 each) were fired in a rapid fire test. Though I am not a good firer but I could make around 4-6 inches group from 30 ft and 6-8 inches group from 50 ft with CF98 & 92fs.

- CF98 (along with Beretta 92fs, offcourse) was most impressive in the rapid fire (in which I draw the weapon from holster and fire 10 rounds on 2 target in a sequence of 2,2,2,2,1,1. ie, I change aim 6 times. Reload and again fire 10 rounds in the same sequence. I try to complete two magazines in 20 seconds. (I understand this is not a standard test and something specific to my style of firing). The balance, pointability, recoil and accuracy of CF98 was quite satisfying during this test, far better than Akdal Ghost and NP22.

- I found that fire was most accurate with POF 2Z. Bullets were continuously hitting below the point of aim while firing with Chinese and POF 1Z ammos. Chinese was better than POF 1Z but no match to POF 2Z from which I was achieving a good number of bull hits. This may have been because I fired more of POF 2Z ammo and got used to it but still, there was a visible difference.

- There was no apparent wear and tear to the gun after firing around 650 rounds of POF 2Z which I believe is a +p ammo (please correct me if I am wrong). If that be so than CF98 fired +p ammo better than standard ammo.

- No problems were faced with the safety lever. It was absolutely smooth. (a member mentioned hardened safety lever of CF98 in one of the posts).

- Though a little big for CC, I found it convenient to carry CF98 in a side holster. It is light and does not make a mess of the belt / trousers. Wearing jackets in winters takes care of the size, however, during summers, it would show quite easily.

I have just tried to pen down the facts as they occurred and have mostly refrained from passing any judgments because I do not think I am qualified enough to do it. I leave it up to the experts and senior members. Again sorry for not posting the pics :(.

regards

Ka_Khan
12-12-2009, 10:42 PM
Gilani i would say this is one of the best range results without pics we have !
Good Work.

Slayerjatt
12-12-2009, 10:43 PM
nice report sir. thanks for sharing your experience.

Gilani
12-12-2009, 11:06 PM
Ka_Khan, Slayerjatt: thanks for the encouragement Sir.

taimikhan
12-12-2009, 11:26 PM
Well Gilani Sir, after such an exhaustive, lengthy trial and comparing it at par with 92FS, i believe there should be less doubts about the capability of CF-98 now. It shows this gun is a reliable and a good gun to carry. I myself have fired & tested 2 CF98s for about 200 rounds with no misfire or stoppages and found the accuracy quiet good once you get a feel of the gun and the ammo. I wish you had pics or videos made as it would have proved a treasure for CF98 enthusiasts and owners. I made sure to have my camera with me whenever went to the firing range as when i bought my CF98 not a single video of its firing was available but now quiet few are on youtube showing it in action, but your videos would have been no less then a treasure.

And can you tell how many bullets you fired from CF98 in one go ?? How much it could take ??

Gilani
12-12-2009, 11:30 PM
And can you tell how many bullets you fired from CF98 in one go ?? How much it could take ??

taimikhan Sir, thanks a lot. As for the max bullets fired in one go, it was 275 in about 45 minutes. At an average, I fired 50-75 bullets in each session.
regards

taimikhan
12-12-2009, 11:37 PM
Nice and do you have extra mags for CF98 ??

Gilani
12-12-2009, 11:47 PM
Nice and do you have extra mags for CF98 ??

Only two that came with the gun.

Sami
12-12-2009, 11:55 PM
A-O-A
Your account has left no desire for pictures. I am not at all by any standard an Expert to comment on your report but to say; once started to read never feel need of a Pic.
Nice job Gentleman. Take care A-H

Ata
13-12-2009, 09:51 AM
Yesterday I first time fired 15 rounds from my newly purchased CF-98, It jammed twice, is this something wrong with my CF-98 or in begining it behave like this...

Hamid
13-12-2009, 10:10 AM
Quite a comprehensive range report.

Rizshu
13-12-2009, 10:59 AM
Yesterday I first time fired 15 rounds from my newly purchased CF-98, It jammed twice, is this something wrong with my CF-98 or in begining it behave like this...

i think NIB cf will cause this type of problem in first 20-30 rounds. over to gurus for more clearification.

Heartman
13-12-2009, 02:14 PM
Thanks to all u guys i finaly got a CF-98 with Norinco stamp :D, from Badar Bro. Saddar, Mr. Adnan was the man he is a nice person, but i failed to make him softer in the price. Previously, I always prefer Tayabaley's Tepo Bhai, and made ouple of good deals with him; but this time he was not in a mode to deal, i think Tayabaley's have become BIG DEALER, however, they are reliable in quality.
Now guys again i need little help, there are few sopts on my CF-98 i think they are due to oil or otherwise, so please tell me how to remove them and also tell me about the availbility of pistol cleaning kit and its price.

http://s4.postimage.org/1WccvJ.jpg (http://www.postimage.org/image.php?v=aV1WccvJ)

http://s4.postimage.org/1Wce_S.jpg (http://www.postimage.org/image.php?v=aV1Wce_S)

Mohammad
13-12-2009, 02:24 PM
range report like this does not need any pics........ words speak it out

AK47
13-12-2009, 02:34 PM
Gilani bro...........Very illustrative! No need of pics here. I like your method of double target, quick draw rapid shooting. Think I'd copy it, seems like one good practice for incidental BG combat. Nice!

A.Abbas
13-12-2009, 03:02 PM

i think NIB cf will cause this type of problem in first 20-30 rounds. over to gurus for more clearification.

You are right, all NIB need 50+ rounds to smoothen it except CZ pistols, I have seen a technical report that CZ pistols are good to go NIB as the CZ people mechanically smoothen it in oil around 1000+ time before shipping.

Enigmatic Desires
13-12-2009, 03:31 PM
Thats an excellent report.. u summerised it succinctly enough for me to get the CF as my next gun.. :)

Enigmatic Desires
13-12-2009, 03:34 PM
I hae dealt with Badar bros. tehy are generally quite flexible when it comes to price.. n fact by far the most flexible ones I have known..

I am surprised he was inflexible with U.. If I may ask. how much did he charge from u for this weapon?

Gilani
13-12-2009, 04:34 PM
Thanks a lot everyone.

Gilani
13-12-2009, 04:36 PM

Ata Sir, fire a few magazines and I think it would be ok. Which ammo were you using by the way?

Mitho
13-12-2009, 10:12 PM
define jam?
failure to feed or failure to eject..

Rizshu
14-12-2009, 12:35 AM
define jam?
failure to feed or failure to eject..

good Question mitho.

Ata
14-12-2009, 12:42 AM
Yes it is brand new pistol and it failed to feed twice during 15 rounds boom boom.

Rizshu
14-12-2009, 12:46 AM
Yes it is brand new pistol and it failed to feed twice during 15 rounds boom boom.

okey then no wories

just have a good time wd your new toy and try to fire 20-30+ rounds from it and i am sure you will not face such problem again. Inshallah

Ata
14-12-2009, 12:49 AM
Ok, thanks buddy..

AK47
14-12-2009, 12:56 AM
@Ata.........Don't feel sad bro, this could be due to plenty of reasons, foremost ammo. When I purchased a Cougar last year, the dealer offered me a try first, now this is rare elsewhere, yet in Peshawar, it's quite normal, if you know the right dealer. I went out of his shop, with 15 loaded, fired the thing towards a wall in the rear, 12 fine shots, 2 jams, one miss! Reason? Well, in my case, it was due to faulty P.O.F rounds, had loaded 5 of them, 5 russians and 5 federal Luger. Whenever it would jam, misfire, we'd check the round, it would be the P.O.F one every time! I could have left the gun right there, but I was convinced. Ever since, around 300 fires so far, no problems at all, just that I use federal and Chinese. Degrease your gun properly, clean and lubricate it just right, load some quality stuff, let's hear from you!

Ata
14-12-2009, 06:45 AM
Dear bro AK47, I am using Chinese ammo. I have degreased my gun properly and lubricated too. I fired 15 rounds only and it got jammed twice, I had to eject the jammed bullet to continue my firing. Well I am not expert, Perhaps I didn't lubircate the gun properly and with proper oil, or perhaps as some of PG members suggested that because right now it is new gun that is why it happens. I am thinking to buy the oil as Abbas suggested in one of his post recently.

AK47
14-12-2009, 07:26 AM
Ata..........too much oil also gives problems! Let's see, basically think you've to fire away a full pack of 50 rounds at least, in one go, then judge. 15 initial shots is too premature to doom the gun.

Ata
14-12-2009, 11:20 AM
Yes you are right. I will have to fire full pack of 50 rounds then it could be judged for the problem.

Aamar
14-12-2009, 11:24 AM
Well done :D

Gilani
14-12-2009, 02:16 PM
Yes you are right. I will have to fire full pack of 50 rounds then it could be judged for the problem.

Ata Sir, hopefully the problem would be over when you fire more with this pistol. Though the experts would be able to comment better but IMHO, there could be two reasons for these jams (in my case, it was failure to feed every time and happened with POF 2Z ammo only). In fact I should have given these observations when I mentioned 5 jams in my report but since my post was already becoming a thesis so I preferred to be brief.

1. Faulty ammo, as already mentioned by senior members.

2. The magazine. In fact this was one area where I found CF98 lacking. The quality of magazine does not go at par with the rest of the pistol. In my case, the magazine cover (a removable lid at the bottom of the magazine) of both the magazines would open up a bit while firing (less than half a centimeter). As you can observe by moving the magazine cover, it does move the follower spring and follower base plate a little which might effect the bullet feeding (I am not sure about it). After having observed this thing, I used to check every time before fire that magazine cover is in its proper position. I am still not sure whether those 5 jams in my case were due to movement of magazine cover or due to faulty ammo or due to any other reason, but it has not happened even once in last several hundred rounds that I have fired with my pistol. Only happened initially, however, experts can comment better.

regards

Naveed_pk
14-12-2009, 02:25 PM
Thats an excellent report... thanks for sharing

ay_be_why
14-12-2009, 05:59 PM
gilani saab, two things i would like your comments about: one, the finish of the gun and two, using +p ammo. i think it was 12Gauge who pointed out that the finish is kinda poor, so much so that he now has thumb-impressions at the points where he racks the slide AND that CF-98 may handle +p ammo but it is not designed for it. your views?

Thanks

Gilani
14-12-2009, 07:39 PM
Naveed_pk Sir, thanks for your comments.

Gilani
14-12-2009, 07:54 PM
gilani saab, two things i would like your comments about: one, the finish of the gun and two, using +p ammo. i think it was 12Gauge who pointed out that the finish is kinda poor, so much so that he now has thumb-impressions at the points where he racks the slide AND that CF-98 may handle +p ammo but it is not designed for it. your views?

Thanks

ay_be_why Sir.
The finish of the gun is not really outstanding but its reasonably good. I wont, however, call it poor.

As regards firing of +p ammo, I mentioned it in my report that I fired around 650 rounds of +p ammo with CF98 and found no problems rather it performed far better with +p ammo as compared to standard Chinese and POF ammo. I would also like to mention that strength of CF98 lies in its accuracy, versatility with regards to firing different type of ammo and balance. All these things make it a weapon that you can trust during time of need. If your priority is better looks / finish than there are better options available in the market. Various models of Taurus and many Turkish handguns have far better finish than CF98.

regards

9mm Luger
14-12-2009, 08:05 PM
+p should be avoided unless expessly allowed by the manufacturer!!

will result in reduced barrel life at the least :o :P

worse KAbooms !!

with a shorter life (3000-8000) for CF-98 I wouldnt really advise anyone to use +p ammo unless the manufacturer has expressly stated that the concerned FA can handle +p/ +P+ ammo!!

taimikhan
14-12-2009, 08:38 PM

Thanks

CF98 has been in other words made as a replacement of the Chinese TT. As this pistol is replacing the Chinese Army and Police pistols in every service. Even their SWAT teams and Special Forces are using this pistol. It can be called as the workhorse replacing the good old Chinese TT 30 bore.

So if they had made a finishing like other western pistols, the cost would have gone considerably high as can be seen in western pistols. hardly a good pistol comes below 40K, nearly all are pretty expensive. So China looked for a pistol which may not be having as high grade finishing as western ones but rest of the attributes should be at par with western ones, which i believe the experience of our forum members and the test of Gilani Sir shows.

The barrel life is also kept low compared to western ones, as we all know how many of us fire how much rounds from our pistols through out its life, very few of us fire hundreds or thousands of rounds through out the life of our pistols, and these very few are also rare in other words. So by reducing the barrel life also, the manufacturer reduced its price.

Thus the above attributes made CF98 into a pistol whose finishing is not at par with western ones, but performance can be at par with them. As Chinese Army is practical one, they wanted a weapon which can work when needed, not a weapon admired for its looks or finishing.

I believe it is the one of the two popular pistol in circulation with rotating barrel mechanism, the other being Cougar 8000.

Chinese must have tested this mechanism to its limit after which they adopted this mechanism to be a standard for their new standard service pistol.

And as for your second part, well Chinese use their QSZ-92 with only DAP rounds in service, which i believe is more powerful round then +p standard ammo.
Even the booklet of CF98 says it can fire DAP rounds, so if it can fire DAP rounds, it should easily be handling the +p ammo too.

Regards

taimikhan
14-12-2009, 09:14 PM
Thanks to all u guys i finaly got a CF-98 with Norinco stamp :D, from Badar Bro. Saddar, Mr. Adnan was the man he is a nice person, but i failed to make him softer in the price. Previously, I always prefer Tayabaley's Tepo Bhai, and made ouple of good deals with him; but this time he was not in a mode to deal, i think Tayabaley's have become BIG DEALER, however, they are reliable in quality.
Now guys again i need little help, there are few sopts on my CF-98 i think they are due to oil or otherwise, so please tell me how to remove them and also tell me about the availbility of pistol cleaning kit and its price.

http://s4.postimage.org/1WccvJ.jpg (http://www.postimage.org/image.php?v=aV1WccvJ)

http://s4.postimage.org/1Wce_S.jpg (http://www.postimage.org/image.php?v=aV1Wce_S)

Well good to have another CF98 owner in our ranks, hope you have a good firing experience too. Yeah the spots are mostly due to oil and stuff. Hope you have the gun cleaning cloth, its kind of soft cloth cotton based i believe, just clean it up with such cloth. It will clean the oil from it and inside too, barrel too. Then after you have checked it up through firing it, oil it again, that i believe you know pehlay sae hi :)

and sir for how much you got it for ?? and also i have seen the picture, but asking again to clear it up, i don't see an accessories strip below it ?? Is in real there is no accessories rail below it ?? As i bought a CF98 about a month ago, with Norinco Stamp too, it also does not have accessories rail under it. Just confirming am not the only one having such pistol.

I bought my 2nd CF98 for about 28K. What abt urs ??

Gilani
14-12-2009, 09:49 PM
And as for your second part, well Chinese use their QSZ-92 with only DAP rounds in service, which i believe is more powerful round then +p standard ammo.
Even the booklet of CF98 says it can fire DAP rounds, so if it can fire DAP rounds, it should easily be handling the +p ammo too.

Regards

Absolutely agreed.

ay_be_why
15-12-2009, 07:00 AM
thanks gilani and taimikhan brothers

Gilani
15-12-2009, 02:17 PM
you are most welcome Sir

Moin
15-12-2009, 02:38 PM
excellent comprehensive report

Malik1
15-12-2009, 03:35 PM
Nice, informative and comprehensive report Gilani. Though KK has already mentioned but I would urge even at the cost of repetition that pics could have added flavor to your well articulated report. Well Done

Gilani
15-12-2009, 09:10 PM
Moin, Malik1 Sir, thanks a lot for encouragement. Pics would be taken care of in future.
regards

RZ
15-12-2009, 10:15 PM
@Gilani: Masha Allah very compressive analysis -- loved it.

The feel of CF 98 is no less than the other comparatively expensive toys. It is also easy for CC. I use the desi made 'inside' holster and it is hard to be noticed by my friends while I was wearing T-shirt in Karachi's hot climate.

We look forward to reading your other experiences.

Gilani
15-12-2009, 11:59 PM
@RZ
Thanks a lot for the comments.

ARJ
16-12-2009, 01:05 AM
Gilani bro,
excellent report man...and conclusions man.

mktahir
16-12-2009, 06:42 PM
plz tell me new rate in karachi Cf 98 plz also tell me good dealer's name

tell me this Number 0321 3748115 sms me

thaks

ic3b3r9
17-12-2009, 08:38 PM
Dear Friends, got it for Rs.31k and its a very nice & reliable pistol in this range comparing to the diffrent pak made clones avilable in the market for Rs.20k to 22k

Heartman
17-12-2009, 08:47 PM
Hi guys, i got mine for 31k too and belive me i love this peice, and my next choice / wish is to buy a Kanuni.

Salahuddin Ayubi
17-12-2009, 09:28 PM
Well congratulations to both of you new KHI members on your CF98 purchases. Best of luck and stay safe.

Sensei
17-12-2009, 09:32 PM
Many congrats to you both Heartman and ic3b3r9 brothers for
you new CF 98 good purchase enjoy your safe shooting :cool:

mktahir
17-12-2009, 11:50 PM
Hi guys, i got mine for 31k too and belive me i love this peice, and my next choice / wish is to buy a Kanuni.

salam heartman thanks a sms me i m call u but ur not pickup
cell plz tell me wher is send a DEALER name and :/

Enigmatic Desires
18-12-2009, 02:02 AM
Hmm 31.. does that mean the prices are climbing again?

Anthrax
18-12-2009, 02:12 AM
Hmm 31.. does that mean the prices are climbing again?

32 was the rate in Lahore yesterday. Prices are climbing in every department. Firearms, bullets, S.Shells you name it!

Salahuddin Ayubi
18-12-2009, 08:22 AM
Year-end hype I presume. Will settle back in Jan, hopefully.

Gilani
18-12-2009, 02:22 PM
Arj bro, thanks a lot for the comments.

atharhabibkhan
19-12-2009, 12:38 AM
Year-end hype I presume. Will settle back in Jan, hopefully.

very right you are. a dealer just sent me back saying come after new year.
every thing is on fire these days thanks to hawaai fire!

Enigmatic Desires
19-12-2009, 12:43 AM
what the hell. is that how our market fluctuates. by the sheer volume of stupidity of our fellow compatriots?? :o

atharhabibkhan
19-12-2009, 12:47 AM
what the hell. is that how our market fluctuates. by the sheer volume of stupidity of our fellow compatriots?? :o

its the old demand and supply game, i think.
and dealers they just love the founder of Pakistan's picture in every color if it's coming to their way!

Rizshu
19-12-2009, 11:52 PM
what is the accurate affective range of cf 98?

Enigmatic Desires
20-12-2009, 03:03 AM

its the old demand and supply game, i think.
and dealers they just love the founder of Pakistan's picture in every color if it's coming to their way!

lols thats a very interesting way of putting it sir.

Dr Zakir
20-12-2009, 09:27 PM
30 meter for sure may be 50 also but i have not tried at that distance.

Abbas
23-12-2009, 11:32 PM

Gilani
26-12-2009, 05:39 PM

As per my experience with this gun Sir, it is quite accurate up to 25 meters. One of my friends who is a good shot made a 3 inch group from 20 meters with CF98. From 50 meters, quite a few bullets were still hitting the target, though there was no group. Fire was more accurate with POF 2Z ammo on longer ranges.
regards

Anthrax
26-12-2009, 06:04 PM

30 Meters.