PDA

View Full Version : Are Daudsons shotguns able to handle slugs

Mohammad
26-09-2009, 08:52 PM
Guys wanted to have some advice before i purchase one. Can daudsons shotgun especially the DSA Commondo (the one i am purchasing) handle slugs (especially rifled slugs or foster). I would like to have 12 gauge advice about this as he has experience in daudsons weaponry.

Abu Hafs
26-09-2009, 09:39 PM
Bro 12 gauge has previously explained how the Daudsons shotguns are not designed to fire solid slugs due to the diameter of the barrel and not that the steel used to make the barrels isn't capable of handling the pressures generated.

This explanation that 12 gauge gave was in reference to the security and shooter models if my memory serves me correctly.

I'm not sure about this commando model you are referring to

Enigmatic Desires
27-09-2009, 03:08 AM
Oh I thought they stopped the commando's production some time ago

Ahmad
27-09-2009, 10:22 AM
i think that advice of 12 Gauge will be valid for commando as well as Security & shooter. it is same gun with a shorter barrel & less magazine capacity. so it is not made to fire Slugs of any type.

Mig
27-09-2009, 01:00 PM
on its website its mentioned that Commondo can handle all kind of heavy loads.. Firstly, is commondo available in the market ? Secondly, DSA slug topic has been discussed in many threads, so first you should search for your answer which is already discussed.

ay_be_why
27-09-2009, 02:48 PM
i would disagree mig, commando description only says that it can handle "regular and high power" shells which does not imply that it can handle ALL kinds of heavy loads, let alone slugs...

@Mohammad, sir the DSA shooter and Commando are almost identical in specs. As 12gauge has pointed out in his earlier posts about DSA, it is not a good idea to use slugs in these shotguns. if i remember correctly, this had something to do with a SLIGHT difference in DSA barrel dimensions from those of the available slugs/guns that handle slugs. and by the way, only shooter and security models are available in the market.

Mohammad
28-09-2009, 12:28 PM
well the specs of the commondo rifle describes the barrael diameter of commondo as 3 inches. The barrels diamension of commondo shotguns is 3 inches. I thinks its dimension match that of the slugs diameter isnt it? Need opiniond. here is the link
http://www.daudsons.org/index.php?link=1f

Shariq
28-09-2009, 05:00 PM
Dear Sir
12gauge bro has earlier explained that slugs should not be fired from DSA guns. I cant find the link for reference so sorry about that.

ay_be_why
28-09-2009, 09:35 PM
well the specs of the commondo rifle describes the barrael diameter of commondo as 3 inches. The barrels diamension of commondo shotguns is 3 inches. I thinks its dimension match that of the slugs diameter isnt it? Need opiniond. here is the link
http://www.daudsons.org/index.php?link=1f

sir this 3in is the length of the chamber which means you can use a shell which is 3in long or less than that in the shotgun. a 3in diameter would correspond to around 80mm, you usually get only mortars in that size :)

if i remember correctly, the DSA barrel INTERNAL dia. was around 0.72in which is slightly less than the more standard barrel dimensions of MAYBE 0.724in.

Enigmatic Desires
29-09-2009, 03:44 AM
a gun with a 3 inch dia barrel.. hmm I remember the blunder buses of yesteryears.. Could they be coming back in style?

Silent killerr
29-09-2009, 06:17 PM
All models of DSA except Security have been ceased.

Mig
29-09-2009, 10:59 PM
All models of DSA except Security have been ceased.

No. Shooter is still in production.

@mohammad. I think you saw a Mortar Barrel or an LAW80 in Peshawar. That was not a Shotgun:P :P .

Btw, What is the Biggest Number of Shotgun shells which DSA can tackle without any tension ?

Mig
29-09-2009, 11:09 PM
many days ago in a thread I saw a Table posted by a senior member about all the types of Shaheen Ammo and there properties. I am searching alot but not getting it. Anyone if find please give the link.

Denovo87
29-09-2009, 11:16 PM
many days ago in a thread I saw a Table posted by a senior member about all the types of Shaheen Ammo and there properties. I am searching alot but not getting it. Anyone if find please give the link.

Is the below table you are looking for,

http://www.postimage.org/TsWtF5S.jpg (http://www.postimage.org/)

Enigmatic Desires
30-09-2009, 05:29 AM
Thanks a million Danny Bhai.. I was lookin for it myself.. Now I have saved it on my desk top :)

Mig
30-09-2009, 11:03 PM
Thank you very much Denovo87 Brother...

Mig
30-09-2009, 11:14 PM
again coming to the topic. Slugs are those having a single big Lead ball inside. with different type whatsoever. The topic is going on as do the DSA can tackle them easily or not ?

My Question here is, What about SG, LG ,or AAA , BB,, Do the DSA shotguns go with them easily without any tension ???? If yes, then almost the SG,LG can do the job nearly to the Slug. I myself want to know about AAA, and BB.. Because I want to use them for my Bigger Duck Hunts, for a longer Range.

AK47
30-09-2009, 11:39 PM
12 gauge is our expert here. If I'm not wrong, I think I read somewhere that barrel steel has to be able to take the pounding of some 2000psi in order to fire slugs safely. Wonder if DSA guns are that capable. Correct me, if I'm wrong!

Enigmatic Desires
01-10-2009, 02:38 AM
12 gauge is our expert here. If I'm not wrong, I think I read somewhere that barrel steel has to be able to take the pounding of some 2000psi in order to fire slugs safely. Wonder if DSA guns are that capable. Correct me, if I'm wrong!

Not something I would care to risk my hands on. after al The good God has only given me 2

LionHeart
01-10-2009, 09:59 AM
again coming to the topic. Slugs are those having a single big Lead ball inside. with different type whatsoever. The topic is going on as do the DSA can tackle them easily or not ?

My Question here is, What about SG, LG ,or AAA , BB,, Do the DSA shotguns go with them easily without any tension ???? If yes, then almost the SG,LG can do the job nearly to the Slug. I myself want to know about AAA, and BB.. Because I want to use them for my Bigger Duck Hunts, for a longer Range.

As for my information DSA shotguns can handle these SG, LG, AAA and BB easily without any tension ........ But Slugs are not recommended for DSA shotguns ....

kash99
01-10-2009, 12:33 PM
Hi Denovo87,

Thanks for the table chart it is really helpful for new hunters too.

Dr Hanif Malik
01-10-2009, 05:29 PM
Dear Sir
12gauge bro has earlier explained that slugs should not be fired from DSA guns. I cant find the link for reference so sorry about that.

Dr Hanif Malik
01-10-2009, 05:31 PM
i agree with you coments sir also what about your glock result now a day per 25m

Mig
01-10-2009, 09:24 PM
@Dr Hanif Malik. Whenever U quote something, you should write your comments on the same POST. Please do not use a seperate post for Quoting and Commenting.

Regards,

Mig
01-10-2009, 09:27 PM
any comment from Senior Members about Using.. Sg,LG,AA,BB shells in DSA Shotguns ??

AK47
01-10-2009, 09:57 PM
any comment from Senior Members about Using.. Sg,LG,AA,BB shells in DSA Shotguns ?? If it can't shoot these safely either, hang it on the wall!

LionHeart
02-10-2009, 09:16 AM
+1 to AK47 brother ...... :)

Enigmatic Desires
02-10-2009, 12:46 PM
DSA shooters can handle just bout anything barring slugs.. heck even the desi pumps can handle the relatively milder stuff barring super excels

Mig
03-10-2009, 08:37 PM
thankx ED,, ...

and for those , who oscillate buying DSA due to slug problem,,, I advise them that its very rare in life we come across using Slug. . and if u really wanna hit Hard,, LG can do the job well!.. ,,, and Slug also increases chances of hitting the Target.. And you are really in need of using Slug, then you should use a Rifle instead!

ay_be_why
03-10-2009, 11:02 PM
@mig, very well-put sir..

AK47
03-10-2009, 11:12 PM
thankx ED,, ...

and for those , who oscillate buying DSA due to slug problem,,, I advise them that its very rare in life we come across using Slug. . and if u really wanna hit Hard,, LG can do the job well!.. ,,, and Slug also increases chances of hitting the Target.. And you are really in need of using Slug, then you should use a Rifle instead! Well said Mig bro! But most hard-hitting rifles nowadays fall in PB sector! And who wants to go for outdated 303 series, to fall within NPB sector? Besides, the slug would also have a greater impact on shorter distance than the sharp-nosed ones, what say? In old days the slug was also popularly called the "Elephant Killer, so why not have a good slug-firing 12 gauge with rifle capability on a non-expensive NPB license? Don't quite agree with you here!

MHMalik
04-10-2009, 02:51 AM
In particular circumstances, the Slug is perhaps the best option available. Believe me it has its uses.

However it is generally not recommended for Indoor self defense shooting. That is where buckshot (SG/LG) outshines itself. As one of my teachers used to say... "Goli per to merne valay ka naam likha hota hai.. lekin shotshell per likha hota hai "To Whom It May Concern"

AK47
04-10-2009, 10:14 AM
In particular circumstances, the Slug is perhaps the best option available. Believe me it has its uses.

However it is generally not recommended for Indoor self defense shooting. That is where buckshot (SG/LG) outshines itself. As one of my teachers used to say... "Goli per to merne valay ka naam likha hota hai.. lekin shotshell per likha hota hai "To Whom It May Concern" Or " From the threathened one with Love"

Mig
04-10-2009, 01:32 PM
@Ak47 . . Yes bro.. You are right, that Slug have many good pages! but, my point was that, you should not stop buying the cheap DSA beauty for the reason its not good in firing Slugs!. And bolt action rifles of big bore are not PB. eg. 30-06,22.250,308,318, series of 7mm rifles, and much more . 270 , 243 , /... These rilfles increases the chances of Hitting the target.,, give u greater range, provide more velocity. But again I am saying that I am not giving any wrong factor about slug but, there are alternates to slug I am saying. And, in the DSA Shotgun your alternate is LG. Though not completely, but we have to go with the situation. And those who like firing slugs from shotguns, then its not a big game, you go and buy a better shotgun!. the problem is solved.

Enigmatic Desires
05-10-2009, 02:33 AM
Heck I am sure U can sneak in a slug or 2 when the 'need' is urgent.

:D
I am sure the gun wont mind all that much... as Long as U dont make a habit of it..

12GAUGE
05-10-2009, 02:46 AM
one of my teachers used to say... "Goli per to merne valay ka naam likha hota hai.. lekin shotshell per likha hota hai "To Whom It May Concern"

Malik Bhai, u just made my day bro. Dil khush kar diya aap ne.

Regards.

AK47
05-10-2009, 04:09 AM
@Ak47 . . Yes bro.. You are right, that Slug have many good pages! but, my point was that, you should not stop buying the cheap DSA beauty for the reason its not good in firing Slugs!. And bolt action rifles of big bore are not PB. eg. 30-06,22.250,308,318, series of 7mm rifles, and much more . 270 , 243 , /... These rilfles increases the chances of Hitting the target.,, give u greater range, provide more velocity. But again I am saying that I am not giving any wrong factor about slug but, there are alternates to slug I am saying. And, in the DSA Shotgun your alternate is LG. Though not completely, but we have to go with the situation. And those who like firing slugs from shotguns, then its not a big game, you go and buy a better shotgun!. the problem is solved. Agreed Mig bro, one shouldn't stop buying a good DSA shotgun, just because it wouldn't handle slugs well! We're at wavelengths! Yet, I don't quite think that the Cal 30-06, or some of the other ones that you mention are NPB's! Please confirm, coz I got a 30-06 I wish to have transferred to my name from my father-in-law, but I was told by the licencing authority that I would need a PB licence for that! Even the 308 and 243 do not look NPB to me. Correct me, if I'm wrong.

LionHeart
05-10-2009, 08:21 AM
brothers @ Mig, AK47, sir ED Thanks for your informative posts and MHMalik Sb, ++1 for you i liked you post Very Well Said in your entertaining way...... now one thing is clear that DSA shooter can serve you Slugs when needed.