PDA

View Full Version : Bullet Proof Jacket

R Shahreyar
04-02-2009, 02:12 PM
What does the law say about wearing Bullet Proof Jacket :)

Can a License Holder wear it or does it require any special permit ?

Abbas
04-02-2009, 02:15 PM
I don't think it requires any special permit. Anyone can wear it.

Balazona
04-02-2009, 02:26 PM
r they availble in Pakistan?

Saeen
04-02-2009, 02:50 PM
r they availble in Pakistan?

My question exactly ! and also how good are they ?

R Shahreyar
04-02-2009, 03:05 PM
Well !!! Details of different types of bullet proof vests are available on internet depeding of type of impact they could handle. Reason i asked the question because there is no concrete information available about them in Pakistan.

Few arms dealer told me that if police finds you wearing it then you could be in trouble as there are no clear cut rules defined about its usage.

Firepower!
04-02-2009, 03:09 PM
There is no law against it. I would take Police for a tough ride if they happen to give trouble on this.

They are available in Pakistan.

Acciprone
04-02-2009, 03:51 PM
There is no law against it. I would take Police for a tough ride if they happen to give trouble on this.

They are available in Pakistan.

Any idea on the pricing

Ka_Khan
04-02-2009, 09:32 PM
There is no legal problems wearing Bullet proof Jackets.This jacket could harm no one and protecting oneself is your constitutional right.
You might have seen news reporters wearing these jackets in the troubled areas.It has a steel plate at the front concealed in the cloth.

Striker1
04-02-2009, 10:47 PM
Actually the material is Kevlar.. a much lighter but tougher material. Steel plates absorb heat besides the weight and other negative specs. These jackets besides being bullet proof (depending on ammo) are also UV protected and enable the person wearing it to manouver easily. But ask anyone who's worn in for more than 8 hours at a stretch.. VERY UNCOMFORTABLE

Infact for info purposes... kevlar suits(not only jackets) are also being procurred for various agencies

Infact kevlar is also for high speed motorcyle riders competing in the circuit races and bomb disposal personel

Firepower!
04-02-2009, 11:50 PM
We should all get one.

Ahmad
05-02-2009, 12:03 AM
Lyra Pvt industries Karachi make good body armour, but they do not make civilian sales. theu said they require permission from ministry of interior for selling one. i have seen some type/class 2 body Armour with dealers although they were used.

Malik
05-02-2009, 05:08 AM
dear friends i have used british american and russian jackets they all r heavy but when it is tightened against ur body and especially when firing starts , u dont feel any weight of them . there is no law against their use and i have seen many civil person wearing them especially who r in enemity. but beware if u buy it first check out the plate,s description and expiry too for ur own safety.ask any weapon dealer and he will bring it .its not dangerous like ak47 which is available in every town (illegally)

Saeen
05-02-2009, 06:49 PM
It has been made by Pakistan Air weapon Complex

Description

The Advanced Composites Research Center at Air Weapons Complex has carried out extensive research on bullet-proof materials. Using indigenous technology, AWC has developed lightweight composite Bullet-proof Jackets and Helmets that provide exceptional battlefield protection. At the same time, the unique design features facilitate body and head movement while aiming, crawling and running.
The Bullet-proof Jackets and Helmets developed by AWC provide protection against ammunition according to NIG Standard 0101.03.

Bullet-Proof Helmet (Level III A)

Specific layers of biaxial woven kevlar fabric have been integrated in polymeric resin. The fabric/resin has been cured in a specific mould under high temperature and pressure for specific time duration. After de-molding, trimming and painting, webbing is attached to the Helmet.

Bullet-Proof Jacket (Level III A & Level III)

Specific layers of biaxial woven kevlar fabric have been stitched in diamond pattern. The trauma pack is an integral part of the ballistic insert. The assembly is stitched in water/moisture-resistant black plastic to maintain its ballistic properties. This effectively stops the 9mm bullet. The Jacket can stop the 7.62mm bullet after insertion of front and back laminated ceramic plate. The outer cover is made of washable 100% cotton camouflage twill.

advantages of kevlar fabric

* High tensile strength/modules
* High toughness
* Light weight
* Excellent retention of strength at elevated temperatures
* High thermal stability
* Self extinguishing
* Cut resistant
* Good chemical resistance

test firing

Bullet-Proof Helmet
http://img90.imageshack.us/img90/1880/bulletproofga1.jpg
The Helmet was fired at from a distance of 5m by 9mm caliber sub-machine gun ammunition at ballistic test facilities of Air Weapons Complex and Inspectorate of Armaments, Rawalpindi, in accordance with NIJ standard 0101.01. The Helmet stopped the bullet effectively. The average trauma effect was found to be within limits. The Helmet was also tested under wet conditions. The wet tests did not deteriorate the results.

Bullet-Proof Jacket
http://img144.imageshack.us/img144/3220/bulletproof1dd8.jpg
The Jacket was fired at from a distance of 5m by 9mm and 7.62mm caliber ammunition at ballistic test facilities of Air Weapons Complex and Inspectorate of Armaments, Rawalpindi, in accordance with NIJ standard 0101.01. The Jacket stopped both types of bullets effectively with nominal trauma effect.

salient features

Bullet-Proof Helmet

* Protection Level III A (against 9mm ammunition)
* Material Kevlar
* Resin Material Polymeric
* Color Optional
* Webbing Cotton
* Ballistic Visor Optional
* Weight 1.4 Kg

Bullet-Proof Jacket

* Protection Level
Without Ceramic plate III A (against 9mm ammunition)
With Ceramic plate III(against7.62mm ammunition)
* Material Kevlar
* Trauma Pack Polymeric
* Ballistic Insert Laminated Ceramic
* Outer Cover Camouflage Khaki Twill
* Collars Integrated
* Pelvic Flaps Optional
* Weight 2.8 Kg

ref: Pakistan Defense Forum

Balazona
05-02-2009, 08:33 PM
very informative.thanks Saeen.

Striker1
05-02-2009, 11:40 PM
Saeen... Thx very useful info. And Malik thx for the personal experience comments

Saeen
06-02-2009, 10:34 AM
you are very welcome guys :)

R Shahreyar
06-02-2009, 03:12 PM
Well how much does it cost in Karachi ?

Firepower!
09-02-2009, 07:39 PM
Called some one and it costs 55,000 a piece.

ay_be_why
22-02-2009, 12:06 AM
Kevlar is softer, lighter and hence more comfortable/ convenient. but it does not dissipate the pressure exerted by a bullet when it hits the body. So if one's shot in, say the torso, one MAY end up with cracked/ broken ribs. On the other hand, since steel/ ceramic plate is rigid, it distributes the same pressure over the entire surface of the armor plate, hence the impact is greatly reduced.

Conceal Carry
23-03-2009, 12:52 AM
Ceramic plate is not used to reduce the impact, infact ceramic plate stops the bullet, for impact reduction trauma pads are worn underneath the ceramic plate.

Glxspk
23-03-2009, 02:23 AM

A type II is available in peshawar for a mere PKR 6000. And it is effective. Weight hardly 4-5kgs

Irttyza
23-03-2009, 03:30 PM

A type II is available in peshawar for a mere PKR 6000. And it is effective. Weight hardly 4-5kgs

Where in Peshawar? any contact info would be appericiated

Glxspk
23-03-2009, 04:00 PM

Where in Peshawar? any contact info would be appericiated

I dont have a contact info but ask anyone at the Karkhana market where you could buy US military stuff and there's actually a shop named USA. You'll find everything tactical there except for the firearms.

Binoculars, vests, kevlar blankets, night visions, etc etc etc

Glocky
23-03-2009, 05:22 PM
I dont have a contact info but ask anyone at the Karkhana market where you could buy US military stuff and there's actually a shop named USA. You'll find everything tactical there except for the firearms.

Binoculars, vests, kevlar blankets, night visions, etc etc etc

Thats an informative post. good one

Irttyza
23-03-2009, 08:20 PM
Thanks Glxspk..peshawar here i come :D

Conceal Carry
24-03-2009, 12:47 AM
a type II will only protect against .22 LR round. Also check the expiry of the jacket. Even if the expiry is far moisture / sweat reduce it's effectiveness / life. Just a suggestion Never buy a used/ second hand body armour. It may be useless while giving oyu a flase sense of security thus endangering your life. Just my 2 cents.

Glxspk
24-03-2009, 12:47 AM

I'm going to Peshawer tomorrow, let me know if you guys need anything. I cant bring firearms but cn bring vests, tasers and such thngs that might suit y'alls fancy.

HassaanAfzal
24-03-2009, 01:18 AM
@ glxspk

just get the pics n prices of the stuff 2 post here

Irttyza
24-03-2009, 01:38 AM

I'm going to Peshawer tomorrow, let me know if you guys need anything. I cant bring firearms but cn bring vests, tasers and such thngs that might suit y'alls fancy.

Sir if you could check the prices of flak vests and the ammerican tactical vests/chest rigs i would really appericiate it. Thanks

Glocky
24-03-2009, 01:46 AM
@ glxspk

just get the pics n prices of the stuff 2 post here

I second that. it will benefit all members

Glxspk
25-03-2009, 02:27 AM

Sir if you could check the prices of flak vests and the ammerican tactical vests/chest rigs i would really appericiate it. Thanks

Flak vest: Rs 5-7000 with out plate.

Chest rig/tactical vests: Rs 500-3000 (some with knife protection)

Irttyza
25-03-2009, 02:33 AM
thank you Glxspk. Where did you see them Karkhano or Sitara market?

Connector
25-03-2009, 02:39 AM
thank you Glxspk. Where did you see them Karkhano or Sitara market?
ask for mukhtiar store you will find everything there

Irttyza
25-03-2009, 02:45 AM
which area sir? Im not too familiar with peshawar

Intrepid
25-03-2009, 02:47 AM
@connector & glxspk, can you guys shed some light over legality of this stuff especially the night visions and chest rigs?

Connector
25-03-2009, 11:47 AM
@connector & glxspk, can you guys shed some light over legality of this stuff especially the night visions and chest rigs?
There is no issue.

Connector
25-03-2009, 11:51 AM
Hire a taxi and ask him to take you to Karkhano.when you arrive there ask him to drop you at Sitara market.Thats it.you cant miss it.Try to wear a shalwar kameez.

Irttyza
25-03-2009, 11:55 AM
Hire a taxi and ask him to take you to Karkhano.when you arrive there ask him to drop you at Sitara market.Thats it.you cant miss it.Try to wear a shalwar kameez.

thankyou sir

ay_be_why
04-04-2009, 11:56 PM
Ceramic plate is not used to reduce the impact, infact ceramic plate stops the bullet, for impact reduction trauma pads are worn underneath the ceramic plate.

sir you may have overlooked the fact that i didn't talk about the stopping power/ level of protection the ceramic plate offers, i just hinted on how it disperses the impact...

regards

Glxspk
05-04-2009, 01:51 AM

You need an authority letter from the Minsitry of Interior to import a bullet proof vest

Daudpota
05-04-2009, 02:36 AM
Anyone from Karachi going to Karkhano? Please let me know. I would love to get a vest for 6000!

Connector
05-04-2009, 03:02 AM
Anyone from Karachi going to Karkhano? Please let me know. I would love to get a vest for 6000!
Is it available there?you can call 03005907133 the # is for Mukhtair General Store you can get your details.

HassaanAfzal
05-04-2009, 03:06 AM
@ Irttyza

let us know what have u bought n wht other things were there

OHQ
05-04-2009, 04:05 AM
Can you get American army uniforms, boots, and tactical vests in green camouflage or brown camouflage?

Irttyza
05-04-2009, 08:29 PM
@ Irttyza

let us know what have u bought n wht other things were there

Hassan planning to go there in mid april but the security situation is getting worse each day..cant really say if i'll even go unless security improves a bit.im plannin to buy some US army jackets,boots etc nothing too special.

ARlover
06-04-2009, 09:21 PM
how much this cost in lhr

:cool:

GUNS ARE BEST FRIEND OF BRAVE MAN

tarzen81
23-04-2009, 09:33 PM
but that shop is actually expensive i must say or maybe we dont have any other option!!!

Pashasahab
23-05-2009, 12:13 PM
I got a level IV armour west from peshawar for 10K.... It deteroits AKs (took the hit without a notch

Enigmatic Desires
23-05-2009, 04:41 PM
I got a level IV armour west from peshawar for 10K.... It deteroits AKs (took the hit without a notch

is it quite bulky?

12GAUGE
23-05-2009, 07:39 PM
You need an authority letter from the Minsitry of Interior to import a bullet proof vest

no, i dont think so. a civilian can wear a bullet proof vest without any documentation, infact the most reputable Pak made BPV is made in karachi and civilian sales are permitted. however level4 is not allowed and requires permission.

Regards.

Pashasahab
27-05-2009, 11:26 PM

is it quite bulky?

its not that bulky but with the plates its heavy about 30-35 pounds

Samir
11-08-2009, 09:26 PM
from where did i get the bullet proof jacket. please let me know about it. I live in karachi

12GAUGE
11-08-2009, 10:55 PM
from where did i get the bullet proof jacket. please let me know about it. I live in karachi

Mr. Muhammad Hussain
Assistant Sales Manager

Address L-14, BLOCK-22, F.B. INDUSTRIAL AREA, KARACHI 75950 ,SIND ,PAKISTAN
Phone Number 92-21-6361849
Mobile +923008294062
Fax 92-21-6313258

there u go dude.

Regards

Rizshu
12-08-2009, 03:10 AM
We should all get one.

+1 FP

Enigmatic Desires
12-08-2009, 04:24 AM
Tussi chaa giay ho bara gauga :D

Omer571
01-09-2009, 05:52 AM
@12 guage: thanks 4 the address bro

Muhammad Musharraf
05-03-2010, 06:11 AM
@ 12gauge have you bought it your self or know anyone who bought it ?
if possible price on level II body armor :/

shahzad awan
06-03-2010, 03:46 PM
@ 12gauge have you bought it your self or know anyone who bought it ?
if possible price on level II body armor :/
@Muhammad Musharraf dont go for lvl ll bp jacket it is against low velocity 9mm that is only pistols it cant even stop TT or AK 47 . If u want to have one than go for PK level III(9 shot) which can stop 7.62mm NATO caliber .AK 47 , TT and 5.56 mm bullets . they are not heavy approximately 6 kgs. jacket is level III A with level III plates on front and Back with out plates it can only stop 9mm and TT . NIJ level III cannot stop AK 47 and are only 6 shot jackets. price depend upon quantity you want to buy, ranges from 50k to 65K . In Karachi Lyra pvt ltd and Sadiue Sons Denim produce bullet proof vests of good quality rest are not reliable. HIT Taxila also produces Bullet proof jacket.
bullet proof jacket level III A(insert is kevelar)
http://s2.postimage.org/rYtYJ.jpg (http://www.postimage.org/image.php?v=TsrYtYJ)
bullet proof plate level III (silcon carbide + polyethylene meterial)
http://s3.postimage.org/csHMA.jpg (http://www.postimage.org/image.php?v=PqcsHMA)

EpicMan
07-03-2010, 05:29 AM
Can you really wear it underneath? I mean on a day to day basis.

07-03-2010, 10:04 AM
In the mid 80's a senior officer in Rawalpindi was called to attend a village Jirga to settle an outstanding and serious dispute. He had information that the opposite party were planning to kill him during this event, but honour bound he had to show his appearance. He arranged to import a bullet proof jacket for this event. The day was fast approaching, and the jacket was not reaching. Till the last day he kept expediting, but the jacket did not arrive. Finally when he left, he delegated responsibility that as soon as the jacket arrived, it was to be sent after him at top speed. That day the jacket did come, and by late night, it reached the officer in the village. Next day he wore it to the jirga. During the proceedings he was fired upon from many sides by a number of gunmen hidden in surrounding houses. Bleeding heavily he was evacuated to the hospital. All bullets aimed at his chest were stopped by the vest. His neck and lower body was injured. He survived, and the culprits were brought to book. In his remarks to his subordinate next day in hospital, he said, "Thank you for the prompt action. The jacket saved my life".

shahzad awan
07-03-2010, 02:09 PM
Can you really wear it underneath? I mean on a day to day basis.
concealable jackets are available but only in level III A . Level III jackets are not heavy but they are bulky and uncomfortable because of the bullet proof plates on front and back.

SPAYPANTHER
07-03-2010, 02:19 PM

Mr. Muhammad Hussain
Assistant Sales Manager

Address L-14, BLOCK-22, F.B. INDUSTRIAL AREA, KARACHI 75950 ,SIND ,PAKISTAN
Phone Number 92-21-6361849
Mobile +923008294062
Fax 92-21-6313258

there u go dude.

Regards

That place is near to my location but I never visit their!!!

Enigmatic Desires
07-03-2010, 06:27 PM
heck.. for average day to day city wear... any thing that can stop a tt round should be good

Syed Rehmat
12-03-2010, 02:33 PM
thanx for sharing the price, but here are 2 question rise.
1> is it one having steel plates or a cavalar?
2> where is it available ?

Abbas
12-03-2010, 09:13 PM
Could someone please tell me if there are there any legalities involved while purchasing a bulletproof vest ? Can any citizen of Pakistan buy and own one ?

Taurus
13-03-2010, 03:20 AM
As per My knowledge it is a banned item just need to collect a proper for reference it..

Basharat
13-03-2010, 10:52 AM
@ Taurus

Sir,

It is a restricted item in the sense that you can not import it with out a NOC, however I have been unable to find any rules or regulations regarding ownership and MOI officials are themselves unclear on the regulations on vests.

However with regards to Bullet proof vehicles you require as a private citizen a NOC from the Ministry of Interior to import it and you require a second NOC from MOI to own and operate it. Also when you sell such a vehicle the buyer must also get an NOC from the MOI before the vehicle can be transferred to the new owner.

Salahuddin Ayubi
13-03-2010, 11:47 AM
As per my knowledge too, importing it requires compliance with certain legal procedures. However, for an end user, purchasing it for personal use does not require any NOC or other legal formality.

Mohammad
13-03-2010, 11:54 AM
@Taurus why would bullet proof jackets be categorized as prohibited???? It helps saves lives not take them....

Taurus
13-03-2010, 01:17 PM
@Bashrat & Mohammad:- I know u r concerns see before i never heard about any kind of regulations but when i asked a senior person from interior ministry he said there are now new regulations for bullet proof jacket coz they might be used for terrorism and other misuse ...so i dont confirm it as i will get few more knowledge abt it ...maybe our brother MHMALIK can shed some light on it...how a normal citizen can purchase it or not...I agree with bashrat for the NOC of bullet proof cars but what abt the bullet proof vest?

Maximus
17-03-2010, 10:16 PM
i guess its similar to an APC/armoured car. it may be restricted for persons who wear them and cant justify it. IMHO it could pose a threat like the Hollywood Bank robbery, the most talked about robbery in the USA. they used bullet proof jackets, armoured plates for body parts and aks. but if one can justify the use of a vest than its better to get legal counsel before jumping to any conclusions.

Castro
28-03-2010, 03:41 AM
@ Taurus

Sir,

It is a restricted item in the sense that you can not import it with out a NOC, however I have been unable to find any rules or regulations regarding ownership and MOI officials are themselves unclear on the regulations on vests.

However with regards to Bullet proof vehicles you require as a private citizen a NOC from the Ministry of Interior to import it and you require a second NOC from MOI to own and operate it. Also when you sell such a vehicle the buyer must also get an NOC from the MOI before the vehicle can be transferred to the new owner.

Buying an already imported bullet-proof vest or a car doesn't requires an noc.

Ata
03-06-2010, 11:44 AM
http://www.ecvv.com/product/854536.html

I went through an old thread about Bulletproof jackets on the forum then searched on the net about it for Pakistani company and found this link. I think it is legal to wear a Bulletproof Vest for the safety and I am interested to buy one for me.

Any helpful comment from PG guys is appreciated.

Ka_Khan
04-06-2010, 12:06 AM
Ata your thread merged here.We already had material on Jackets so no need to start a new one.

MianTaimur
04-06-2010, 10:26 PM
Interesting topic !
bulletproof jackets and helmets , fall within the scope of my business. As we are manufacturers of defense related product for POF, specialising in polymers and composite components.
We have already developed BP Jacket (Kevlar Plates) NIJ Level III and BP Helmet UN style NIJ Level III , Indegeniously at our factory in Karachi.
NIJ ( National Institute of Justice) Level III, is the limit where the plate could withstand 7.62mm bullet from a range of 5 meters.
I have a set of NIJ Level III Jacket and Helmet at home, Interested members could come and visit.
Secondly you could easily precure a Jacket from China, which would cost you around USD250 to USD500 CNF Karachi.

silkenkage
14-06-2010, 10:37 PM
@MianTaimur

i want buy bullet proof vest ...Please contact me on asifsheikh@****.com

wasifali89
14-06-2010, 10:45 PM
ive heard they are ban for civilians

MianTaimur
14-06-2010, 10:53 PM
@silkenkage
We don't provide BP Jackets to individual users/civilians.
If you are keen in buying one , browse throug various B2B web-sites. I am sure you would come across many manufacturers from China willing and eager to supply even one Jacket/Vest. I could give you a general price idea for the Jacket , which would range between USD250 to USD500
However make sure your clearing agent has contacted customs department before , to avoid any hurdles at a later stage.

9mm Luger
14-06-2010, 11:35 PM
@silkenkage
We don't provide BP Jackets to individual users/civilians.
If you are keen in buying one , browse throug various B2B web-sites. I am sure you would come across many manufacturers from China willing and eager to supply even one Jacket/Vest. I could give you a general price idea for the Jacket , which would range between USD250 to USD500
However make sure your clearing agent has contacted customs department before , to avoid any hurdles at a later stage.

When can I visit you :P

MianTaimur
14-06-2010, 11:42 PM
@wasifali89
To my knowledge there is no ban of having a BP jacket. I am a civilian and I own one.
We basically avoid dealing with an individuals or a private organisations.

@9mmLuger
Anytime bro, whenever you want to drop by you are more then welcome to come over !

9mm Luger
15-06-2010, 12:09 AM
thanks email me at xxxxx.com [please leave a message after you have noted so that i can delete the address]

will love to meet up with a fellow pg!!

am free from this weekend onwards as my family will be away ;)

MianTaimur
15-06-2010, 12:21 AM
@9mm luger
You may delete your e-mail Id now and check your mail !

Zahid Hussain
29-06-2010, 03:54 PM
Hi,is it legal or illegal to have bullet proof vests in pakistan??

python
29-06-2010, 05:01 PM
Hi Zahid,its a beautiful quote of Richard Henry lee.Only weapons can be legal or illegal.Bullet proof vest which cannot harm any one because it does not come in the category of a weapon can be worn and its legal.i hope that answer your question.Regards

Ka_Khan
29-06-2010, 11:28 PM
zahid hussain we already had a thread about bullet proof jackets.Hope you get an answer.I have merged your new thread with this.

Virk
22-09-2010, 06:55 PM
There is no legal problems wearing Bullet proof Jackets.This jacket could harm no one and protecting oneself is your constitutional right.

Armor Level -------- Protects Against

Type I

(.22 LR; .380 ACP) This armor protects against .22 caliber Long Rifle Lead Round Nose (LR LRN) bullets, with nominal masses of 2.6 g (40 gr) at a reference velocity of 329 m/s (1080 ft/s 30 ft/s) and .380 ACP Full Metal Jacketed Round Nose (FMJ RN) bullets, with nominal masses of 6.2 g (95 gr) at a reference velocity of 322 m/s (1055 ft/s 30 ft/s).

Type IIA

(9 mm; .40 S&W) This armor protects against 9 mm Full Metal Jacketed Round Nose (FMJ RN) bullets, with nominal masses of 8.0 g (124 gr) at a reference velocity of 341 m/s (1120 ft/s 30 ft/s) and .40 S&W caliber Full Metal Jacketed (FMJ) bullets, with nominal masses of 11.7 g (180 gr) at a reference velocity of 322 m/s (1055 ft/s 30 ft/s). It also provides protection against the threats mentioned in [Type I].

Type II

(9 mm; .357 Magnum) This armor protects against 9 mm Full Metal Jacketed Round Nose (FMJ RN) bullets, with nominal masses of 8.0 g (124 gr) at a reference velocity of 367 m/s (1205 ft/s 30 ft/s) and 357 Magnum Jacketed Soft Point (JSP) bullets, with nominal masses of 10.2 g (158 gr) at a reference velocity of 436 m/s (1430 ft/s 30 ft/s). It also provides protection against the threats mentioned in [Types I and IIA].

Type IIIA

(High Velocity 9 mm; .44 Magnum) This armor protects against 9 mm Full Metal Jacketed Round Nose (FMJ RN) bullets, with nominal masses of 8.0 g (124 gr) at a reference velocity of 436 m/s (1430 ft/s 30 ft/s) and .44 Magnum Semi Jacketed Hollow Point (SJHP) bullets, with nominal masses of 15.6 g (240 gr) at a reference velocity of 436 m/s (1430 ft/s 30 ft/s). It also provides protection against most handgun threats, as well as the threats mentioned in [Types I, IIA, and II].

Type III

(Rifles) This armor protects against 7.62 mm Full Metal Jacketed (FMJ) bullets (U.S. Military designation M80), with nominal masses of 9.6 g (148 gr) at a reference velocity of 847 m/s (2780 ft/s 30 ft/s) or less. It also provides protection against the threats mentioned in [Types I, IIA, II, and IIIA].

Type IV

(Armor Piercing Rifle) This armor protects against .30 caliber armor piercing (AP) bullets (U.S. Military designation M2 AP), with nominal masses of 10.8 g (166 gr) at a reference velocity of 878 m/s (2880 ft/s 30 ft/s). It also provides at least single hit protection against the threats mentioned in [Types I, IIA, II, IIIA, and III].

http://s1.postimage.org/L1kL9.jpg (http://postimage.org/image/2nh77435w/)

Maxxximus
23-09-2010, 12:17 AM
Fail to understand why an individual would require a NOC from anybody to protect his and his dear ones lives by purchasing a bullet proof jacket or an armored vehicle.... aren't there any gun lobbies or Self preservation lobbies who can speak to the givers of NOC to abolish such practice especially in the face of the overwhelming terrorism in the country which no Country apparatus can stop/eradicate...this amounts to only self help at a huge cost to the individual...its the opposite of a weapon or crime !!!!

mss1704
23-09-2010, 12:28 AM
terrorist and criminal can use these thats why

ay_be_why
27-09-2010, 06:17 AM
terrorist and criminal can use these thats why

Sad but one doesn't come usually across terrorists and criminals carrying licensed weapons too. If they need a vest, they won't waste time trying to get an NOC. Such things are in place only to bog down legal and rightful procurement of stuff that could be used to save an innocent life... :|

askhokhar
28-09-2010, 11:24 AM
Last year, I went to Quetta and saw a good variety of bullet proof jackets in an arms shop. The shopkeeper spoke Pashto only, so owing to communication gap, I could not find out the prices. I just bought a nice holster for my 9 mm.

30-09-2010, 03:43 PM
Interesting topic !

NIJ ( National Institute of Justice) Level III, is the limit where the plate could withstand 7.62mm bullet from a range of 5 meters.
I have a set of NIJ Level III Jacket and Helmet at home, Interested members could come and visit.
Secondly you could easily precure a Jacket from China, which would cost you around USD250 to USD500 CNF Karachi.
Can you please clarify the NIJ level III protection, is it 7.63 x 39 (AK 47 bullet) or 7.62 x 51 (NATO) bullet or 7.62 x 54 (PKM) bullet?

Saad

mhrehman
30-09-2010, 05:22 PM
Interesting topic !

Can you please clarify the NIJ level III protection, is it 7.63 x 39 (AK 47 bullet) or 7.62 x 51 (NATO) bullet or 7.62 x 54 (PKM) bullet?

Saad

Actually I am not well informed on the subject, but what limited knowledge I have is that Level III only procetcs from small rounds, IIIA is the one you should have atleast, plus then there are armor plates which stops the 7.62 etc rounds or its the level IV jacket that does the job.

MianTaimur
30-09-2010, 07:47 PM
Interesting topic !

Saad

Actually I am not well informed on the subject, but what limited knowledge I have is that Level III only procetcs from small rounds, IIIA is the one you should have atleast, plus then there are armor plates which stops the 7.62 etc rounds or its the level IV jacket that does the job.

Try google search :)

Shahzeb
03-10-2010, 01:53 AM
I think bullet proof vests are legal and should be legal. I mean isn't it our right to protect ourselves? I have a Type II flexible vest made by ABA (American Body Armour) a company owned by safariland (the renowned holster company) I'll post some pics of it if you guys want. But what i want is type III because type II cant protect against a 7.62by25mm (.30 bore) round which is perhaps the most widespread type of bullet used by people in Pakistan.

09-10-2010, 02:47 PM

Saad

Try google search :)
you think it hasnt been done before asking...

MianTaimur
10-10-2010, 02:47 AM
@ 139

Well the NIJ Level III plates I was talking about could withstand bullets of an AK-47.

If you have read the above pose of mhreman sb , he has explained every thing clearly !!

I hope you are clear on the issue......btw I am intreaged to know you didnt find any info through google :)