PDA

View Full Version : this 222 prohibited or non- prohibited bore???

Ahsanfurqan
21-09-2009, 10:37 PM
is this gun comes in prohibited bore or what ???
is lisence of 222 easily available??
plz comment
thx n regards
http://www.postimage.org/gx1JOm0r.jpg (http://www.postimage.org/)

Slayerjatt
21-09-2009, 11:10 PM
it's pb sir and pb discussion is prohibited.

Rotorcrafts
21-09-2009, 11:49 PM
Wait a minute......!!!!!!.

I had this question in my mind for quite some time now but did not have the guts to ask on this forum.now thanks to ahsanfurqan sahib let me elaborate a bit. Very true that the .222(AK-74) is a PB weapon, But consider the following scenario. What if the .222 rifle is De-Milled i.e the full auto capability is removed and now it can only fire in single shots.????. Rings some bells......... Isnt this situation similar to the Darra made MP-five clones which you can get on NPB if they dont have full auto feature. I have been told that you can get this firearm on NPB without the select fire feature.

Please i would like it if our experts would elaborate further and not just close this thread.:rolleyes:
http://www.postimage.org/templates/images/smiley/angels/0.gif (http://www.postimage.org/)

Khalidsh
21-09-2009, 11:54 PM
its not allowed on NPB license. Anything in .222 or .223 if in bolt action would be allowed.

Dr Zakir
21-09-2009, 11:54 PM
even then it is PB because it was declared as a PB bore calibre by MOI and not due to being auto or semi auto . however there are old licenses on which SA .222 is registered but once it was labelled as PB no newer SA .222 licenses were issued

Ahsanfurqan
22-09-2009, 12:11 AM
thx Dr.zakir sahab
some one told me thats its a NPB if semi auto and even offered me the lisence for Rs.9500 only he said that would not b a MOI be peshawar based lisence and said gun would b available at 12000 (pakistani),20000(chinese) and 25000(russian)

ur suggestions plz

Dr Zakir
22-09-2009, 12:16 AM
yes they were issuing licenses from small districts but their authenticity is a big ???? . they could as well be fakes with no official record or if any body is getting a genuine they usually get it registerd at a back date . i also got a license from a dealer in peshawar about 5 years ago it is issued by DM takht bahi paid 10k for license and weapon , but i think it is a fake and i have not been able to confirm its identity. if you have a real solid contact who can vouch for it u can go ahead other wise better not .

Ahsanfurqan
22-09-2009, 12:17 AM
@ rotorcrafts
u r rite....the gunsmith told me that it would be of the same shape of ak-47 but would b firing a single shot so can be kept on NPB lisence....

lets see what the experienced members suggest us further

Ahsanfurqan
22-09-2009, 12:19 AM
Dr.zakir sir
he said initial fees is 7500Rs nd Rs.2000 for transfering it to national bank islamabad.wt u suggest sir?

Dr Zakir
22-09-2009, 12:20 AM
bank will require noc from dco office . let me ask some moi guy after eid will let u know

Ahsanfurqan
22-09-2009, 12:22 AM
sure sir thx

MHMalik
22-09-2009, 12:53 AM
Or you could put in really stiff springs so that it wouldnt cycle. So you would have a magazine fed bolt action ak74. Just a thought if you are really that interested in having a 5.45 ak shape weapon. However I would still be in doubt of its legality.

But for that amount of effort, why not get a Lee Enfield which is harder hitting.

Regarding licenses, please be careful when getting provincial licenses, particularly in the frontier. The clerks maintain their own registers at times and would even verify from them, and pocketing all the money. But they are not real. It is a very big scam. MOI is always a safer bet.

Abbas
22-09-2009, 01:14 AM
All rifles calibers other than .22 are P.B. Sind has a different ruling allowing 7mm's etc but not .222. To get a .222 on a NPB license you have to have an old license which already has a .222 on it but you cannot get it on a newer NPB.

@Rotorcrafts That being the official stance we here at PakGuns have our own set of rules and the only thing P.B we allow is BOLT ACTION HUNTING RIFLES. No semi auto, auto or anything which is assault weapon related.

@Ahsanfurqan I would not get anything other than MOI and that too from a reputable and recommended dealer.