PDA

View Full Version : Retainer Authorities

Mig
13-09-2009, 05:46 PM
DO the Retainer have all the same authorities as the Licensee have like Possession, Transportation, Shooting.. If not, then what are the limited power a retainer do have.

Basharat
02-10-2009, 02:09 PM
Sir,

I believe the retainer has the same authorities as the licensee, except that they can not sell a weapon that is entered on the license that they are a retainer on or purchase a new weapon for the license they are a retainer on

KageFox
02-10-2009, 02:23 PM
but there are quite a few restrictions.... regarding carry and shooting. I think we already have a thread discussing them, can someone please point out the link???

XMen
02-10-2009, 02:30 PM
There is much difference for retainer and owner but co liecense have similar authority for both party

Basharat
02-10-2009, 02:41 PM
What is the difference between being a retainer on a license and a co license?

Starfish
02-10-2009, 02:53 PM
at the cost of being generic:
you cant really do anything with a retainer expect to retain the firearm, take it to a dealer for repair and back, and transport between residences of the license holder. All the while the weapons should be locked in a box or a case.

Yardie Jutt
02-10-2009, 11:00 PM
@ starfish is that all for retainer?? :|

AK47
02-10-2009, 11:06 PM
you cant really do anything with a retainer expect to retain the firearm, take it to a dealer for repair and back, and transport between residences of the license holder. All the while the weapons should be locked in a box or a case. @Starfish... I think there is a limit to the physical distance between the Licence holder and the retainer, beyond which he cannot keep the weapon. Correct me, if I'm wrong.

Enigmatic Desires
03-10-2009, 02:21 AM
I remember readin bout a case in Lahore a couple of months back in which hte retialer was involved in a shoot out with some muggers.armed wiht his fathers licenced weapon . he was a retainer for the weapon.. he neailed both teh BGs and not only did the police not file a case but the youngster was given a certificate for pravery by the punjab police!!

Denovo87
03-10-2009, 09:13 AM
you cant really do anything with a retainer expect to retain the firearm, take it to a dealer for repair and back, and transport between residences of the license holder. All the while the weapons should be locked in a box or a case.

@Starfish, why do they not call him MULAZIM of license holder, instead :)

Mig
03-10-2009, 02:17 PM
I dont think so.. this is all a retainer can do. . Anyone else with correct information

Mig
03-10-2009, 02:32 PM
I was thinking to make myself retainer of my fathers pistol,, but,, NOw I think I should make myself a co-licensee. . Will that be possible ??

Starfish
04-10-2009, 01:21 PM
yardie: yeap :P but then again, its just the law. normally LE guys dont bother with stuff like this if you have a retainer.

AK47: Dont know about that :s

ED: that should be the case regarding House hold shootings. Even if the guy didnt have a retainer and he fired the weapon in HD situation given the father lived in the same house.but according to the law i think its not allowed.

Denovo: exactly!

The info i am giving you is from the firearms act and I read it via PG. There s a thread discussing the firearm laws with a link to the firearms act of pakistan. lemme search and post if i find it.

Ka_Khan
04-10-2009, 01:52 PM
The Role of Retainer has been discussed in detail in the following links.

http://www.pakguns.com/forum/viewtopic.php?id=1411
http://www.pakguns.com/forum/viewtopic.php?id=2198

Starfish
04-10-2009, 03:55 PM
you solved my problem. thanks ka khan :)

Mig
04-10-2009, 11:09 PM
well.. from that discussions,, link given by Ka_khan. Its been concluded that,, Retainer have no authorities except be the Bodyguard of the Licencee!

Can I transfer my fathers license to my name ? or can I be its co-licensee .. Procedure ?? Not in that thread!. Anyone can explain,

Enigmatic Desires
05-10-2009, 03:02 AM
ED: that should be the case regarding House hold shootings. Even if the guy didnt have a retainer and he fired the weapon in HD situation given the father lived in the same house.but according to the law i think its not allowed.

No he was in his car when accosted by the BGs.

Starfish
05-10-2009, 10:17 AM
@ED: interesting. Unfortunately this is all i can say. apologies for my ignorance on the matter.

Mig
07-10-2009, 10:51 PM
u havent shown any ignorance. and if you have done kinda ignorant job ,, PG will make you learned.,,, Just Stay in touch with it.