PDA

View Full Version : My Sandgrouse Hunt on 8th Sep 09 !! PICS ONLY

Imu10
09-09-2009, 09:18 PM
Hi all the members of pakguns!!
i went on a sandgrouse hunt as me and my father was invited there so we went to the hunting ground on his friends invitation for hunting sandgrouse
we really had a very very nice time hunting and tracking sandgrouses it was an again a very nice adventure hunting trip
As i have already told to some of my friends THAT MY HUNTING SEASON HAS STARTED AND NET WEEK WILL BE A QUAIL WEEK
our (me and my fathers) combine score was 44 sangrouses 2 sandgrouses were caught alive which we brought home with us and 1 grey partridge 3 quail and 7 kalroo (called salen in sindhi ) dont eaxactly know the name in english but the traker were very excited to see the bird and was saying it belongs to busterds family and wanted us to shoot it as its meat tastes very good

hope u all will like the pics
take care
regards imu10

Our sandgrouse before noon
http://i682.photobucket.com/albums/vv181/imu10/IMG_2152.jpg
me sitting proudly with the sangrouse and two quails which i shot
http://i682.photobucket.com/albums/vv181/imu10/IMG_2158.jpg
Sangruse and partridge Hunt after noon and zohar namaz
http://i682.photobucket.com/albums/vv181/imu10/IMG_2166.jpg
close up of our second sandgrouse hunt
http://i682.photobucket.com/albums/vv181/imu10/IMG_2165-1.jpg
Total bag of our hunt
http://i682.photobucket.com/albums/vv181/imu10/IMG_2168.jpg
Me sitting proudly wit the full bag
http://i682.photobucket.com/albums/vv181/imu10/IMG_21762.jpg

Abbas
09-09-2009, 09:27 PM
Excellent hunt, great bag! I think a few more of our IMU10's hunts and Sandgrouse is going to be an endangered species ! http://www.postimage.org/templates/images/smiley/guns/5.gif (http://www.postimage.org/)

Ilyas
09-09-2009, 09:42 PM
:lol: +1 Abbas Bhai.... Imu, great hunt once again. Must be something really difficult while fasting. BTW how
was the sandgrouse meat from the prvious hunt? How did it taste?

Imu10
09-09-2009, 10:31 PM
@Abbas, Thankx for liking the hunt and abbas i will try that sand grouse dont get endangered as now i will shift my focus more towards quails from next week , (kya karein kuch na kuch to maarna hay na yaar warna tabiyat kharab ho jaate hay)
and when r u next coming to karachi so will try to along on one of quail shoots as well ?

@Ilyas, yes it was very very difficult as it was ramzan and i was fasting oo , most of he ppl in inertior sind dont fast so they dont realize what other person is going through but after hunt was finished i was half dead but still managed to reach home and opened my fast at home
and as far as meat is concerned its legs are white meat and chest is red meat just like quail and but is very tasty but a little hard so needs a lot of marination before cooking.

regards imu10

Ilyas
09-09-2009, 10:35 PM
Well wish you a great hunting season ahead... be safe n have fun :)

Sialvi
09-09-2009, 10:36 PM
@Imu10
good hunt bro. these curlews r called "karwanak" here in my part of the land. its taste is considered good.

Denovo87
09-09-2009, 11:38 PM
Nice hunt Imu10, its always a pleasure to see photos of your every new venture.

Ka_Khan
09-09-2009, 11:47 PM
Great Hunt Immu10.I think you are one of the Active Hunters of PakGuns these days.
What is the bird called in the last pics (7 lying with long beaks?)
Could the birds be couriered to Peshawar as Ilyas is in need of these types of delecacies these days :)
If we could not get him Hobara Bustard,i think he will be happy to have one of the Sandgrouse ! ;)

Sialvi
10-09-2009, 12:12 AM
@Ka_Khan
bhai these birds r called curlews.

Ilyas
10-09-2009, 12:16 AM
@KK... No you can have your turn this time, I'll probably have the next parcel. You know but keep forgetting, I
don't need these, at least not these days ;) :lol: :lol:

Ilyas
10-09-2009, 12:20 AM
@Sialvi.... thanks for telling the name :) These seem to be water birds.

Malik1
10-09-2009, 12:26 AM
Nice hunt Imu10 and I tend to agree with Abbas. Few more trips of Imu10 and a ban on Sandgrouse :) Happy hunting bro

PrivateEye
10-09-2009, 02:22 AM
Great Hunt
like always (Y)

Turumti
10-09-2009, 05:35 AM
Good shooting, Imu. Did you find the curlews in fields as well? In Sindhi, the curlew is known as "sailan" or sailoona". It is essentially a shorebird, but very often after rains it comes to inalnd areas to feed on works and other insects.

One of my old shikaris was such a master at imitating that curlew's call, that often he would hide behind a bush and call out to a passing curlew, and lure it within shotgun range. The poor man passed away a few years back. May God rest his soul in peace.

A R K TAREEN
10-09-2009, 08:39 AM
Dear Imu10,

Good Hunt, great bag, nice to see you in action. Keep it up gentleman.

Imran Kindly email me your contact number, my email is arktaren@yahoo.com

With Best Regards.

Khalidsh
10-09-2009, 09:51 AM
Hey Imu10,
Nice hunt. Hope yu have left something in the wild to nurture for the next hunt! :)
Anyways, do let me know when you have a hunting program after Eid, i would love to learn from pros.

Sohail
10-09-2009, 10:29 AM
imu10: kahin purani hunt ki pics to nahi lagadin??? :D
i can see semi and o/u berettas, have you taken them along with you?

by the way your solution and guidance is remarkable i am also referring our yesterday's communication as well, i.e. "agar maIn akyla hunt par JanA chaoon"

regards

Khalidsh
10-09-2009, 11:45 AM
Hey Sohail ...bro why do you want to go alone? lets make a small goup and have fun!

Sohail
10-09-2009, 02:25 PM
khalid bahiee most welcome.
imu10: :| (hum to chaly thay akyly manzil ki janib, log atay rahy aur karwan bunta gaya) i am sure i must have broken the leg of this shair" jia ka kia hoga :/

regards

Ka_Khan
10-09-2009, 02:32 PM

Sohail Bhai even the birds are same and in the same act...bleeding :rolleyes:

hasnaincfa
10-09-2009, 03:10 PM
Great hunt br0ther.

Sohail
10-09-2009, 04:07 PM

Sohail Bhai even the birds are same and in the same act...bleeding :rolleyes:

hahahah, yes... bleeding lols :D

regards

farazkhan
10-09-2009, 05:02 PM
Nice hunt imu10 the bird u hunt this karloo but it is not belong to bustard i also see this Bird at sea side

M.HAMZA
10-09-2009, 06:23 PM
AOA,

Imran Bhai 2 guns and 44 grouse amazing score.

Wasalaam,

M.HAMZA

Sikander Panhwar
10-09-2009, 07:49 PM
sialvi u r 100% right curlews,i never tried it though,good hunting imu10,keep it up.

HasanJamshad
10-09-2009, 08:07 PM
Nice hunting IMU10.

Imu10
10-09-2009, 08:41 PM
Thanks sohail, Kamran khan,Faraz khan, Hamza, Sikander Panhwar for liking my hunt insallah from next week i am starting a Quail Hunt and will post new pics of that hunt
Thanks again Guys for my Hunts
regards imu10

Imu10
10-09-2009, 08:44 PM
Good shooting, Imu. Did you find the curlews in fields as well? In Sindhi, the curlew is known as "sailan" or sailoona". It is essentially a shorebird, but very often after rains it comes to inalnd areas to feed on works and other insects.

One of my old shikaris was such a master at imitating that curlew's call, that often he would hide behind a bush and call out to a passing curlew, and lure it within shotgun range. The poor man passed away a few years back. May God rest his soul in peace.

Turumti, u are absolutely right i found the curlews in the field and there were around 12 or 13 in a bunch so we got 7 out of them and exactly my shikari also told me the same thing that it comes after the rain in the inland looking for some food in the fields .
have u ever tried its meat? If yes than how does it taste?
regards imu10

Imu10
10-09-2009, 08:49 PM
khalid bahiee most welcome.
imu10: :| (hum to chaly thay akyly manzil ki janib, log atay rahy aur karwan bunta gaya) i am sure i must have broken the leg of this shair" jia ka kia hoga :/

regards

Sohail Bhai , SACH BATAOON YEH SHAIR SUN KAR BAREE TAKLEEF HUEE , KHAAS TOR PAR KARWAAN WALEE BAAT SUN KAR
aap say JIA kee yeh umeed na thee ,I hope samajh aa hee gaya hoga
today me very disappointed by ur approach
imu10

Shariq
10-09-2009, 10:13 PM
Nice hunting Imu.

Taurus
11-09-2009, 02:33 AM
Nice Hunt Imu,as usual u bagged nicely in just 4 hours and that also using over under i surely know how tough it is Well Done Chap

Turumti
11-09-2009, 05:51 AM

Turumti, u are absolutely right i found the curlews in the field and there were around 12 or 13 in a bunch so we got 7 out of them and exactly my shikari also told me the same thing that it comes after the rain in the inland looking for some food in the fields .
have u ever tried its meat? If yes than how does it taste?
regards imu10

Yes I have eaten curlew. Cooked properly, it is quite delicious, but if it not cooked well it will taste like badly cooked duck. Curlew that have been feeding in the fields for about a week or so, taste a lot better than curlews shot from the seaside. Their flesh smells less fishy.

If your cook can do a good job of duck and sandgoruse, Im sure he can do well with curlew too. Just tell him to treat it like he would treat teal.

Happy eating!!

PakistanGuides
11-09-2009, 06:14 AM
Imu ... your hunt is great and bag so full of birds.
Now events like this are actually motivating me to get into Small Game Hunts so can anyone get me a good 12 Bore gun for this season ! .. I'm serious ! because in Big game hunting .. one can shoot just one ram or perhaps two but in wing shooting you it's never ending joy ... so many times in a single season !
Keep it up Imu !

Cap1
11-09-2009, 06:53 AM
Great going Imu10. Hats off for doing it all in the heat and while fasting.

Starfish
11-09-2009, 10:05 AM
great score for 2 guns :0
you must have had a feast afterwards :P
@abbas bhai's "endangered species" comment: LOL

XMen
11-09-2009, 12:06 PM
Great Hunt Bro ... Congratulation i will also be going next for hunting will post some of my photos then

9mm Luger
11-09-2009, 06:41 PM
nice hunt!

Ilyas
12-09-2009, 12:07 AM
so can anyone get me a good 12 Bore gun for this season
Kaiser Bhai, You must have heard of Baikal MP153 on the forum. This probably would be the best available option, both price wise and performance wise and also recommended by the 12g masters on the forum :) The best place to buy from, in my opinion, is Lahore.

RZ
12-09-2009, 05:30 PM
@imu10
Brother Masha Allah very successful and interesting hunt. Good luck for the future.:)

Imu10
14-09-2009, 12:57 PM
thanks Guys for such a great appreciation , i am really honoured
regards imu10

Moin
22-09-2009, 08:47 AM
Eid mubarak to you and sorry for late appreciation i just access the computer today after 12 days, imran you taking the lead again in the forum, good hunting and great score, you have right connection, i am expecting that you will cross century in the quail hunt good luck and dont forget us once your deep freezer is overloaded :)

MUSTANIR
22-09-2009, 02:12 PM
Imu Eid Mubarik and happy opening of the season:P
I hope a very seasoned hunter like you and your father know that Pintail Sand Grouse breed in bordering areas of Bekanare and Jaisalmare and their chicks are not independant till october. Plz correct me if I m wrong because in our part of country we dont hunt grouse untill mid October.

Malik1
24-11-2009, 06:13 PM
@Imu10
Bro I,m using the wrong thread for the info but since you can guide me on the subject that is why I chose this thread. I saw somewhere you were looking for .243 bullets implying that you have a rifle in the cal. I request your input as I am eying a .243 bolt action Brno. The dealer is asking 85000. It is in pretty good condition and does not have a scope. Your comments on the caliber and the rifle please

Imu10
25-11-2009, 12:26 AM
@Imu10
Bro I,m using the wrong thread for the info but since you can guide me on the subject that is why I chose this thread. I saw somewhere you were looking for .243 bullets implying that you have a rifle in the cal. I request your input as I am eying a .243 bolt action Brno. The dealer is asking 85000. It is in pretty good condition and does not have a scope. Your comments on the caliber and the rifle please

Malik1, yes sir i do have a bolt action rifle in 243 caliber but this caliber is very small it is good for deer and phara rest animals like Ibex, mountain sheep (gaad) and also not many people recommend 243 on even wild boar hunt although i have used 243 twice on wild boar hunts it was good and effective so i would advice u if u are looking for an all rounder cailbre for pakistan look for a 270 win or 30-06 which ever is available almost both the calibres are the same but in 30-06 u have a wide variety of ammo variety like in 30-06 u can get a 55 grain bullet which can goes upto 220 grain .
and brno in 85k in very expensive it should not be more than 50 or 55k just remember calibre does not posses the value of the gun its the make of the gun by which gun's price is being judged

regards imu10

Malik1
25-11-2009, 12:20 PM
I agree brother, you are right. Actually I am looking for a .308 and I,ve already laid hands on a Mk-IV (the paratroopers rifle) which fires a 303 round. A good telescope on this very handy rifle shall make a good edition. So on the heavier side of calibres I will be INSHALLAH well stocked. I shot an Ibex with 3006 and I know it is damn good, however, to me a .308 outclasses 3006 at relatively longer ranges......... say 200 Meters plus, both in terms of sustained MV and power. The availability of practice ammo for both is again not a concern. For actual shooting one can buy the best available for any caliber one intends using. So this brings us back to the point of lighter calibers. My aim was to look for smaller calibers for the hunt which one goes for frequently like deer, para etc. In that context how is the availability of ammo for .243 and its economic effects? Do you really require separate rifle twists for 55 grain bullet and separate number of twists for 105 grain bullet. I learnt that 1: 10 would fire the heavier as well as the lighter bullets too. Your practical input brother? My e mail address is mnmalik63@yahoo.com. If you could kindly mail me the answer so that I can discuss freely with you, if any other doubt exists. I shall be obliged.
Regards