PDA

View Full Version : Recommend: Second hand Baikal vs any other

Shazi
07-09-2009, 02:43 PM
Gurus,

I am new to the Forum and submitting my apologies in advance for my weak English. This is my first time that I am participating in any internet forum.

Bros, do you suggest that one should go for a secondhand Baikal or any other repeater. If yes, how can we check the condition of the weapon.

What about Turkish shotguns are they trustworthy? If yes, what brand?

Ilyas
07-09-2009, 02:59 PM
Shazi, Bro welcome to the forum. Well it depends on the condition and price of the Baikal, if it's a good gun n you can get
it for a good price, then in my opinion you should go for Baikal n if it is not properly discounted, for being used n the condition is not that good, then you should look for some other option within your budget. About the condition, I would say it's difficult to say anything by just looking at the pics. It's always better to have some experienced friend with you, who can check it out for you. If you mention your location in your profile, you might find some local member, willing to help you with that :)

Abu Al Hawl
07-09-2009, 03:01 PM
Shazi, welcome aboard, first tell me about your weak english, over here in your post were did you typed wrong enlish?

12GAUGE
07-09-2009, 04:09 PM
Gurus,

I am new to the Forum and submitting my apologies in advance for my weak English. This is my first time that I am participating in any internet forum.

Bros, do you suggest that one should go for a secondhand Baikal or any other repeater. If yes, how can we check the condition of the weapon.

What about Turkish shotguns are they trustworthy? If yes, what brand?

do u mean "a second hand baikal vs a second hand any other repeater" or "a second hand baikal vs any other brand new repeater"?

Regards.

Malik1
07-09-2009, 08:26 PM
Welcome and warm wishes! The questions of 12gauge are very relevant, however, to me Baikal is a work horse. I have one with wooden stock (O/U) and I,m using it since last 10 years. It is giving me perfect service. Baikal with wooden stock are a bit on the heavier side in weight. Although it has advantage in terms of relatively less recoil as compared to lighter guns but carrying it all the day in Pothohar broken grounds climbing small hillocks up and down becomes taxing. Similarly Turkish shot guns are also worth their price, however, they do not have much resale value. Coincidently I have a Turkish 12 Gauge O/U with one trigger and five chokes with wooden stock. I have not used it much but its very much OK with me (although I am addicted to my Baikal).
Now as far as the used one are concerned it all depends on their condition or how have they been used. But if you are referring to some established faults with pre-owned Baikals or Turkish Guns, then in my humble opinion they are not famous for developing some peculiar faults. Hope I understood your question well

Shazi
08-09-2009, 05:22 PM
Thanks to you all guys, you people are so considerate. Actually I have an oppertunity to buy a second hand Baikal. I have not seen it yet. The guy is asking for 40,000/=, according to him it is very rarely used and he bought it 3-4 years back. I am not expert in the stuff. I am seeking expert tips that if I go to see the gun, what are the general tips to check a repeater. I have heard a lot about Baikal repeater that it is the best gun in such price range.

Pls. also tell me about Turkish or Brazilian Repeaters which one is good and what can i buy in about 40K.

Malik1
08-09-2009, 05:27 PM
Brother I,ve no idea about repeaters. My passion had been double barrels. May be some other member will guide you on the subject

12GAUGE
08-09-2009, 06:01 PM
Thanks to you all guys, you people are so considerate. Actually I have an oppertunity to buy a second hand Baikal. I have not seen it yet. The guy is asking for 40,000/=, according to him it is very rarely used and he bought it 3-4 years back. I am not expert in the stuff. I am seeking expert tips that if I go to see the gun, what are the general tips to check a repeater. I have heard a lot about Baikal repeater that it is the best gun in such price range.

Pls. also tell me about Turkish or Brazilian Repeaters which one is good and what can i buy in about 40K.

look for following things while buying:

1. see if the shotgun rib is straight or not
2. see if the barrel is straight or not
3. check for dents, bulges in the barrel, look inside the barrel too and check if the chrome is fine. there should be no scratches on the chrome
4. check for the bolt, it should be firm and smooth operating, there should not be any rattle in it. meaning it should not rattle (it indicates heavy use).
5. open up the forend, there should not be too many scratches on the outside of the magazine tube. if its burnt (or too many scratches) it indicates the gun has seen its fair share of use.
5. see if the forend rattles or not, if it doesnt, its fine, if it does, dont buy.
6. see if the safety works or not, cock the gun and press the trigger (double make sure the gun is empty first), if the safety is on, no tick, if the safety is off , Tick!
7. when u take off the forend, look at the condition of the main spring, it should be uniform, any lack of uniformity in the coils of the springs indicate that the gun is over used.
8. when u take the barrel off, look inside the gas spring/valve there should be no tooling marks on it. it should be set at the default position. if its rarely used, i doubt it that the previous user has fiddled with the setting, if the setting has been fiddled with, this means that gun has been used alot.
9. check for the over all condition of the gun, some consmetic scratches are fine, but too many is not good.
10. check for rusting on the gun's barrel and inside the receiver. it means that the previous user did not pay that much attention to the gun.

Regards.

p.s. the best thing is to take someone with you who posses strong experience in shotguns.

HasanJamshad
08-09-2009, 06:20 PM
Simply marvelous 12Gauge, this is only you who can answer upto such deatails. One can not add even a word in it without being the gulity of repeating something. :)

Enigmatic Desires
09-09-2009, 03:44 AM
By the Baikal repeater do U mean the Baikal 153?

Cause a brand new one is available for around 50K or so

Adeel Ahmad
09-09-2009, 03:31 PM
Shazi welcome to the Forum.
Don't buy that second hand one in 40K as i can get you a new one in 43K.

Sohail
09-09-2009, 03:34 PM
adeel: 43k for new baikal? you know its stunning. :)

regards

XMen
09-09-2009, 03:38 PM
Wellcome on board kindly AKKAR turkish shot guns they are very good and cost effective

Adeel Ahmad
09-09-2009, 03:43 PM

regards
Yeah a dealer those last year and the poor guy has not been able to sell even one till now. He was asking 45 but finally said it will be 43K for me. I think 40K would close the deal if we pick up 3 or 4 from him. He has 8 in total.

12GAUGE
09-09-2009, 03:50 PM

regards
Yeah a dealer those last year and the poor guy has not been able to sell even one till now. He was asking 45 but finally said it will be 43K for me. I think 40K would close the deal if we pick up 3 or 4 from him. He has 8 in total.

40K is a very good price and i doubt it that anybody can buy these at this rate. if u are getting it i'd suggest pick em while they are available.

Regards

where is this dealer by the way?

Shazi
09-09-2009, 05:59 PM
12 Guage, Thanks a lot for your worthy and 'EXPERT' tips. i am really grateful.

Enigmatic Desires, Yes I am asking about 153.

Adeel Ahmad, Could you pls. tell me about the dealer.

Ka_Khan
09-09-2009, 06:01 PM
Adeel very nice price.I will be happy to have one at this price.If you are getting 3,make it 4 :)

Enigmatic Desires
10-09-2009, 03:19 AM
12 Guage, Thanks a lot for your worthy and 'EXPERT' tips. i am really grateful.

Enigmatic Desires, Yes I am asking about 153.

Adeel Ahmad, Could you pls. tell me about the dealer.

at the price U mentioned. U are better off with an NIB

Ilyas
10-09-2009, 03:24 AM
Adeel very nice price.I will be happy to have one at this price.If you are getting 3,make it 4 :)

@Adeel... If that's not much of a problem, even I would appreciate if you could accomodate me in this deal as well :)

Enigmatic Desires
10-09-2009, 03:28 AM
40K for a 153 is truely amazing... I was offered the same @ 55K

Adeel Ahmad
10-09-2009, 09:45 AM
@All
I talked to the dealer today and he told me that its in Synthetic Finish with 26" Barrel and 5 Chokes.
He now has 7 and maybe he has found some other customers also so he is not going below 43K. Interested people can get in contact with me so that payment and delivery procedure can be discussed. Delivery will be in Lahore so keep that in mind.

Sohail
10-09-2009, 10:38 AM
even synthetic finish on this price is awsome, wooden must be bit on higher side.

shazi: dont wait just grab it.

regards

12GAUGE
10-09-2009, 12:47 PM
I dont know but a Baikal MP153 with 26inch barrel and 5 chokes at 43K sounds too good to be true. if it is, then its a great buy and I seriously doubt it that anybody can beat that price.

Regards.

Mig
14-09-2009, 03:53 PM
Wellcome on board kindly AKKAR turkish shot guns they are very good and cost effective

Akkar Karatay Models are for SD.. ya,, Altay are for Hunting.. Do you how much are they in the Market ? Price

Shazi
14-09-2009, 05:43 PM
Guys, what about "Huglu".

Mig
14-09-2009, 08:14 PM
am looking too Shazi. . No one is telling me the Price of Turkish. . I have created another thread in FireArm Availability for All turkish Shotguns.. No one is Replying.. .

Kamran_uk75
14-09-2009, 09:29 PM
Welcome and warm wishes! The questions of 12gauge are very relevant, however, to me Baikal is a work horse. I have one with wooden stock (O/U) and I,m using it since last 10 years. It is giving me perfect service. Baikal with wooden stock are a bit on the heavier side in weight. Although it has advantage in terms of relatively less recoil as compared to lighter guns but carrying it all the day in Pothohar broken grounds climbing small hillocks up and down becomes taxing. Similarly Turkish shot guns are also worth their price, however, they do not have much resale value. Coincidently I have a Turkish 12 Gauge O/U with one trigger and five chokes with wooden stock. I have not used it much but its very much OK with me (although I am addicted to my Baikal).
Now as far as the used one are concerned it all depends on their condition or how have they been used. But if you are referring to some established faults with pre-owned Baikals or Turkish Guns, then in my humble opinion they are not famous for developing some peculiar faults. Hope I understood your question well

Mr.Malik, do you wanna sell your Turkish o/u?

Kamran_uk75
14-09-2009, 09:37 PM

regards

Can you please tell the details of that dealer?

Malik1
14-09-2009, 10:06 PM
@Kamran_uk75

Sure Mr Kamran, I want to sell my Turkish gun. That is why I opened a thread. Why are you asking this? Did I miss something?

Kamran_uk75
14-09-2009, 11:37 PM
@Kamran_uk75

Sure Mr Kamran, I want to sell my Turkish gun. That is why I opened a thread. Why are you asking this? Did I miss something?

I am interested in buying that gun, I'll be much obliged if you send me the pics and asking price at kamran_uk75@hotmail.co.uk

Adeel Ahmad
15-09-2009, 12:30 PM

regards

Can you please tell the details of that dealer?
Kamran if you are interested then the weapon can provided as dealer wont give you that price.

Malik1
15-09-2009, 11:27 PM
I am interested in buying that gun, I'll be much obliged if you send me the pics and asking price at kamran_uk75@hotmail.co.uk

Did you get the pics bro?

Mig
16-09-2009, 08:35 PM
@Malik1

please , also forward them to me at

mohammadilyas_008@hotmail.com

Malik1
16-09-2009, 10:54 PM
@Mig
Brother thay are already pasted at the thread. Kindly go to

http://www.pakguns.com/forum/viewtopic.php?id=2248