PDA

View Full Version : Tips for the coming Duck Shooting Season.

Hunting Masters
02-09-2009, 07:03 PM
Dear hunters,

Duck shooting is not an easy game event in our region. But better shooting tips can improve your results.
By Hunting Masters.Com posting here few good tips in this regard as following.

A REAL FLY-DOWN DUCK SOUND.
A duck wing from a previous hunt can be used to stimulate a duck leaving its root. Simply rapidly slap the wing against bare forearm with proper duck calls. This is a more authentic sound than slapping the wing against thigh. With prooer decoys setup you can get best result for duck shooting.

A FASTER DECOYS SETUP
For a fasters bdecoy setup, I anchor decoys in an angle out from the shore line and downwind. I place another small group of decoyes upwind from the end of the longline. This leaves a spacein which the ducks can land.
When you should hunt over this setup, ducks telegraph their intentions quickly as they follow the long line into the open area.

Syed Ali Farzoq.
www.huntingmasters.com (http://www.huntingmasters.com)

hasnaincfa
02-09-2009, 10:16 PM
thanks br0ther for the info.

hasnaincfa
02-09-2009, 10:17 PM
Can i know about ur duck hunting packages?

Ka_Khan
03-09-2009, 12:03 AM
Thanks for sharing this Information.

MUSTANIR
03-09-2009, 12:23 AM
Fun season is arriving, the smell of silt is in the air and gush of blood is being felt with the dropping temperature of the wind,, duck enthusiast must visit preceding site,, I found it very informative regarding blinds,, calling techniques and decoy spreads,, but remember the hunting season is not open yet. HAPPY N SAFE SHOOTING

www.takeem.com (http://www.takeem.com)

Ka_Khan
03-09-2009, 12:47 AM
Yesterday i was discussing with Ilyas some of the prime locatitions for the visitng Ducks !
We are ready to Wellcome them .... :D

Ilyas
03-09-2009, 12:56 AM
Hunter Bros from Islamabad/Pindi/Jehlum.... we'll be looking forward to your invitations, plz don't
forget us. Our dignity is at stake coz we are also listed in the PakGuns hunters list :D

A R K TAREEN
03-09-2009, 08:50 AM
Hunting Masters / Syed Ali Farzoq,

Thanks for sharing the tips Gentleman.

Awaiting for your reply regarding duck hunting packages in up coming season.

With Best Regards.

Bluff
03-09-2009, 09:41 AM
@Ka-Khan .... bro officially the hunting season in nwfp is "on" ... its from 1st September to 31 march. i ll start right after Eid

MUSTANIR
03-09-2009, 02:25 PM
Notification not issued yet in Punjab.

Hunting Masters
03-09-2009, 09:26 PM
Dear hunters,

WARMER FEET.
On very cold morning in duck shooting hide, feet can get cold within minutes. Sound familiar?
You can use unsented antiperspirant spray, and spray your feet before you put on your polypro liners and wool socks. It works, your feet will not sweat walking in, so they will be drier and stayed warmer.

CHEAP CAMOUFLAGE
Instead of buying expensive camouflage netting or screen, you go to your local hardware store and order a roll of burlap. Use the factory brown as a base camouflage. Then Spray paint the burlap to make a unique camo pattern.

GAME BAGS MUST BREATHE
Found, carrying a small game or upland birds in game bag makes it much easier to continue hunting. Some possibles bags are equiped with small game pouch.
Whether carry game in possibles bag or in game pouch, the key is that the game bag must breath. This is important so that air can circulate and help cool the game bird with its origal meat taste.

Best regards and best wishes for coming game season.

Syed Ali Farzoq
www.huntingmasters.com (http://www.huntingmasters.com)

Malik1
03-09-2009, 10:43 PM
Nice tips once again but there is no mention of price. How much for a duck shooting trip per person. Could you help by posting price tags for pak gunners bro?

Ka_Khan
03-09-2009, 10:54 PM
@Bluff just let me know when you are heading towards 'Pashtoongari' ... :)

Ka_Khan
03-09-2009, 11:04 PM
Very Helpful Hunting Masters.Could you add some pics if you have of the Camouflage Nets and Bags?
I am sure you will have hundreds of Huntig Pics and they need a Separate thread for it :)

Bluff
29-09-2009, 06:41 PM
@kk went to nowshehra on 27th called you but ur cell was off (ufone number)
score was 5 teals