PDA

View Full Version : TestFIRE

Mig
01-09-2009, 09:36 PM
If you want to Test a Gun when Buying ? Is there any place to have a TestFire in the Shops ??

Rizshu
01-09-2009, 09:41 PM
yes you can test the weapon in the shop as they have place for that.

KageFox
01-09-2009, 09:44 PM
Know of any dealers who allow you to test guns before you buy/ pay?

XMen
01-09-2009, 10:01 PM
Yes many of gun dealer have place to test fire in the shop actually they usually made a hole and put sand on it you can have it on PIONEER , BALOUCHISTAN AMMO and several others in KHI

KageFox
01-09-2009, 10:09 PM
I know that they have a place. My question is whether you are allowed to fire the gun you want to buy, or a sample. Think of it as firing 2 or 3 and selecting the one you like best, that kind of testing...

Xerga
01-09-2009, 10:22 PM
yes they will let you fire, if you liked a gun and you are willing to buy it, but you think its appropriate to test fire it first. you can ask the gun dealer and he will let you fire or he himself will fire the gun in that dark-hole :cool: , if all goes ok? gun is yours. if there is stoppage, he will un-wrap another gun to test it, or will excuse etc.

its upto arms dealer yar, usually they dont just let you fire 2/3 weapons to help you decide which one is suitable. they let you fire specific weapon which you liked and wana be sure about its progress. not a big deal for them. hope i've answered your question.

KageFox
01-09-2009, 10:28 PM
Thanks for the reply :)

Memon
02-09-2009, 12:56 AM
yes they will let you fire, if you liked a gun and you are willing to buy it, but you think its appropriate to test fire it first. you can ask the gun dealer and he will let you fire or he himself will fire the gun in that dark-hole :cool: , if all goes ok? gun is yours. if there is stoppage, he will un-wrap another gun to test it, or will excuse etc.

its upto arms dealer yar, usually they dont just let you fire 2/3 weapons to help you decide which one is suitable. they let you fire specific weapon which you liked and wana be sure about its progress. not a big deal for them. hope i've answered your question.

Yes I am agree with Xerga ......... mostly they make a test fire when you have selected any weapon but I guess it is fine for Local Made weapons as we are little bit confused about their performance and for any imported weapon, 2 / 3 fire but a big deal.

Moreover, everyone insist for brand new dabba pack weapon, so what they will do with test fire weapons, if they allow you to test 2 / 3 weapons.

Regards,

Sultan Khan
02-09-2009, 01:33 AM
as per my experience, they will happily test fire from a local made gun, but in 90% cases,won't let you fire, load the gun, take you along in the rear of the shop,into taht drum type hole, and DAZ DAZ DAZ.If you insist they will say, Sir jee, firing inside this hole is not like you have been practicing,so leave it to us.
I can never under stand,why they oil the gun immidiatly before and after test fire?

Enigmatic Desires
02-09-2009, 01:47 AM
In karachi more an more dealers have stopped the practice of test firning guns .. even after purchase..

they say if the gun has a prob. bring it back within 48 hours. but strictly NO testing!.. heck some of em wont even let U rack the slide or check the trigger before U buy!!

Anthrax
02-09-2009, 01:53 AM
My uncle was telling me the other day about this very same subject. He said that back in day, there was an Arms shop in their district somewhere in Punjab where the dealer was a very friendly ol man and he would let people try the weapons first before they could buy.

Well one day, a person showed up and showed interest and the dealer gave him the weapon loaded with about 5 bullets to "Test" fire. He didn't fire a single bullet but he sure did clean out his shop with the loaded weapon the dealer gave him.

So I think this practice should be abandoned. You never know who's who. ONLY if one really KNOWS the customer, I suppose the dealer should give him a loaded weapon to test.

Sultan Khan
02-09-2009, 01:57 AM
@ E desires,
hhhhhhhhhhmmmm, serious problem u r having with karachi dealers, but i am sure it is only with the imported weapons, for Pak made clones they should let u at least watch them fired.

Enigmatic Desires
02-09-2009, 01:58 AM
LOLSS>. though I should not really laugh at the (recently) poor dealer. but seriously.. being cleaned out with your own gun and ammo is gonna be the ultimate irony!!

Sultan Khan
02-09-2009, 02:01 AM
@Anthrax,
lols , poor guy got robbed by his own weapon, just because of his simplicity, you are right, only the trusted and old customers could have that privilige.

MIdreesTaj
02-09-2009, 04:14 PM
If you want to Test a Gun when Buying ? Is there any place to have a TestFire in the Shops ??
nearly all shops have a back area/room for test shot puposes... i've shot each of my own and cousins' weapons before buying... i've myself dumped dual mags (30rounds) in a ditch filled with sand :) last time buying a cougar for my cousin...

Enigmatic Desires
02-09-2009, 04:37 PM
@ E desires,
hhhhhhhhhhmmmm, serious problem u r having with karachi dealers, but i am sure it is only with the imported weapons, for Pak made clones they should let u at least watch them fired.

They used to initialy. But its a very dangerous practice. WHen I was buying a shot gun my dealer refused point blank to have it tested.. and since it was a desi weapon. I was forced to go to some other shop. The pathan dealer (Haji Alam and sons) did'nt have hte facility so he took me to some1 else's shop laiken same prob. They said Yay toap kahan lay kar jaa rahay ho (where are U taking this cannon)
so he sent me to his brohter's shop moon star arms. who also refused.

Muttering curses in pushto he took the gun barged into his bro's shop and tested the weapon for me 1 shot each for both magazines. And refused to test it furhter.

Quite unlucky for me since the gun has a tendency to jam after the 2nd round!

Ilyas
02-09-2009, 04:45 PM
I Peshawar, I don't think any dealer would let you fire a NIB imported gun before buying. As ED rightly said, most of them would even ask for not racking the slide, before they hand over a new gun to you. In case of locally made or used ones, I think they might agree to a few test fires.

Moreover, everyone insist for brand new dabba pack weapon, so what they will do with test fire weapons, if they allow you to test 2 / 3 weapons.
+1... Memon. I personally think, not letting any NIB gun put to test fire, is not something unreasonable on part of the dealer.

Enigmatic Desires
02-09-2009, 04:47 PM
once U have purchased an imported gun. then they test it to satisfy u.. but even that practice is slowly being stopped

MIdreesTaj
02-09-2009, 04:58 PM
We never buy a weapon unless the dealer is humble in his opinion abt reliability and durability of the subject weapon...
I have been asked not to rack the slide of the weapon for which my answer was 'take it back and add it to your personal arsenal' :) but that was ofcourse with a smile..
oh come on man... pathetic thinking.. if u dont want the new user to rack the slide even, how come he will decide to pay u even a dime on a well kept reliable and durable but only in mind sort of a weapon.. we are not paying for a sketch or design, we are talkin abt the final working piece..
and they never will let to fire an imported gun, its true with all dealers all ovr pak, I gave him my words to buy that cougar from him, and convinced him we just wanted to give it a small stress test in the begining so we may not have to come back for any extractor/fire pin or magazine spring malfunctions...

MIdreesTaj
02-09-2009, 05:04 PM
once U have purchased an imported gun. then they test it to satisfy u.. but even that practice is slowly being stopped

bro.. here in Gujranwala, no dealer stops you from test firing as much as a 30 round load... ive done it myself.. and most of them have sort of baffeled rooms.. you just put ur plugs on.. or the desi plugs on ;) like me, i.e small pieces of tissue paper inside ears.. and start the rock n roll.. and yes after you have committed to buy the weapon ofcourse..
this saves time in finding any weak point like a prone to failure fire-pin in your weapon .. much earlier and u can get it checked right then...

Enigmatic Desires
03-09-2009, 01:56 AM
I wish I could do that here.. But apart from extremely few dealers who wil fire at most 2 or 3 rounds no 1 else will do so.

Omer571
03-09-2009, 02:11 AM
Orient in Lahore let a customer test fire a semi auto 12 guage in front of me. Took the fellas to a back room and fired 6 shots. Don't know abt others

Mig
03-09-2009, 02:52 PM
ok guys. . Anyone can tell. . that,, What malfunction a desi Double Barrel can DO // ??? Obviously I will not Jam because its not AUto..

Enigmatic Desires
05-09-2009, 04:12 PM
ok guys. . Anyone can tell. . that,, What malfunction a desi Double Barrel can DO // ??? Obviously I will not Jam because its not AUto..

Semis are known to jam as much as their auto counterparts. I've even seen a pump jam in front of me.

Though in all fairness it was probably the ammo's fault rather then the gun.

Semis have the same extrectors/ejectors as their auto counterparts. and are equally prone to FTE FTF probs.

A baught a semi auto shotgun and had to run around from dealer to dealer before I could finally find one who fired 1 round each from its 2 mags. and that was that. any other subsequent prob would be my responsibility

Denovo87
05-09-2009, 04:19 PM

Semis are known to jam as much as their auto counterparts. I've even seen a pump jam in front of me.

Semis have the same extrectors/ejectors as their auto counterparts. and are equally prone to FTE FTF probs.

A baught a semi auto shotgun and had to run around from dealer to dealer before I could finally find one who fired 1 round each from its 2 mags. and that was that. any other subsequent prob would be my responsibility

ROZA LAG RAHA HAY ED BAHAI, gentleman is asking about any malfunction he can anticipate from DESI DOUBLE BARREL :)

AMaliks
05-09-2009, 06:46 PM
ROZA NAHI Denovo sir, ED bhai abhi tak aik bandooq or dou kartoos ki story or gaammy hain

Silent killerr
05-09-2009, 07:28 PM
As far as i know, in Rawalpindi not a single dealer provide this facility. 3 months back i bought Shotgun from Daudsons at Saddar. i asked them to test it but they refuse and said to test it at your home

Enigmatic Desires
06-09-2009, 04:14 AM
Malik sahib U b a naughty naughty gentle man..

@Danny.. yups this is what comes of skippin iftaar an dinner altoehter and gorging on sehri

Mig
08-09-2009, 02:00 PM

ROZA LAG RAHA HAY ED BAHAI, gentleman is asking about any malfunction he can anticipate from DESI DOUBLE BARREL :)

lol// Ya,, But what abt my Question.. ANyone like to Answer it

Enigmatic Desires
09-09-2009, 04:04 AM
Actually Sir. It depends on shopkeeper to shop keeper. some allow it. others dont..

Conceal Carry
10-10-2009, 12:18 AM
Never buy from a shop which does not allows you to rake the slide or dry fire a few times both in SA and Da modes. You are going to pay for the weapon, you have all the right to check/test/inspect it before you pay.

If you find out later, they will mostly only repair it, my view Why buy a faulty thing in the first place.

When test firing, make it clear that if there is any malfunction FTF/FTE you will not buy that piece. Insist on test firing of at least one full mag, pay for the ammo, it's a lot cheaper than ending up with a faulty weapon.

In karachi more an more dealers have stopped the practice of test firning guns .. even after purchase..

they say if the gun has a prob. bring it back within 48 hours. but strictly NO testing!.. heck some of em wont even let U rack the slide or check the trigger before U buy!!

Enigmatic Desires
10-10-2009, 03:41 AM
I have a simple solution. i simply say thank U politely and walk out of that shop. If they love their weapons this much. They are entitled to keep em

:)

luckily few dealers behave like this..

Xerga
10-10-2009, 11:45 AM
agreed to @ Conceal carry & Enigmatic Desires.:rolleyes:

Mig
21-10-2009, 09:15 PM
I bought a SG. and ,, they tested my gun without asking by me,, wid 2 blank shots.