PDA

View Full Version : Berretta Vs Glock vs Sig vs CZ75 B.

Skeeter60
25-08-2009, 12:57 AM
let us hear the comments of our worthy members who have experience shooting these under following headings;

Ease of carry

Reliability

Fumble free first shot

Accuracy

Durability

availability of accesories

MHMalik
25-08-2009, 02:18 AM
let us hear the comments of our worthy members who have experience shooting these under following headings;

Well.. I dont have extensive usage with Beretta, and have no experience of the CZ.. but between the SIG and the Glock, I'll attempt to share what little experience I have had;

Ease of Carry : Both are carryable, particularly the compacts

Reliability : Glock is a bit more forgiving

Fumble Free first shot: Both, but glock has same trigger in all shots (I am comparing to SA/DA SIG decocked first shot)

Accuracy: Both are more accurate than I'll ever be. I shoot SIG better

Durability: Both are very solid well made weapons. But i'd rather take Glock for rougher days

Availibility of accessories: Glock I suppose.

HAVING SAID that.. I still think the SIG is a better handgun (referring to 228 vs 19). It has character, soul... (I know this sounds weird..) It feels alive.. the trigger is sooooooo much better than anything else I've tried. It looks absolutely gorgeous.. Its the one I personally like better, and enjoy shooting more. I feel somewhat the same with the Beretta 92.

But if I'm going to some tense area.. i feel better with a G-blaster by my side.

Skeeter60
25-08-2009, 04:03 AM
well said

Silent killerr
25-08-2009, 02:49 PM
i will go with Beretta, because of perfection, solid built, reliability and looks like real gun unlike Glock

Dr Zakir
25-08-2009, 02:59 PM
beretta and glock have already been discussed in another thread . i think only 1 or 2 members would be having sigs so most of us cannot comment on them . much would be what we have read or heard . army shooting team uses sigs , that can give you an idea about them and they costed them about 2500$ a piece. CZ 75 i have heard a lot but never fired so cannot really say .
and among beretta and glock i would go for glock any day . and availibilty of accessories it beats down any gun

XMen
25-08-2009, 03:53 PM
According to myself GLOCK had no comparision

MIdreesTaj
25-08-2009, 04:09 PM
i would go with Beretta 92FS.. it was an Inox version which I shot the best side by side with SIGP226 stainless, and chinese NZ85...
again on a diff day I had a chance to shoot a friends glock 19 side by side with Beretta 92FS Pak made clone which I myself own now. 5 magazines and...!! Believe you me, I shot my pistol far better and with proper feel of pointing and shooting than overall feel of a glock in my hand.
If accesories are in question, I would prefer a M9A1 pistol, or a 90-two pistol to fullfill the purpose which is though very rare i would use any accesories on my pistol, i dont prefer this personally...durability n reliability .. I mark all these pistols as 99% effective. obviously i am not going to get bonkers on HEY I CAN EVEN FIRE WITH BLACK STICKY MUD IN MY PIPE AND STILL NOT KB! you can very much learn to tame 1st shot which is DA on a 92FS. not a big issue needs practice...
other than a 92 any other semi-auto i would love to take with me, that gives me the point n shoot feel, and which settles best in this combat mind frame is SIG pistol.
aesthetics and personal preferences play a very important role in your mind. If you are not feeling good with that pistol in hand, you cant shoot it to your best potential. this mind frame works with me and my preference of 92 and Sig side by side... and shootability of a weapon is a relative term, includes you and ur likes as a major factor!

KageFox
25-08-2009, 06:22 PM
Have zero experience with any of these (and many others, for that matter) but I'll just chip in a few points:

-People who like to carry cocked-&-locked: CZ75

-Those who don't like to bother with safeties and hammers: Glock

-Glock does have a lighter first-shot trigger compared to the others. Bear in mind that it is both an advantage and a disadvantage.

-CZ, Sig and Glock all have compact versions, making conceal carry possible; Beretta doesn't offer a compact version based on the 92F (though the Px4 Storm Sub-Compact, if available, is a very worthy choice).

-Glock takes the cake as far as accessories are concerned. Beretta follows, somewhat due to its status as the M9.

-All of them are pretty much durable, in my opinion. Glock, for one, has gone through loads of torture tests.

-Accuracy: a matter of individual pistols. eg. the Glock 17L and the Sig X5 are match-worthy pistols.

I have held both a Sig clone (NP-22) and a Glock 19. Liked the feeling of the Sig better, and (sorry to all Glock fans out there) the feeling of the Glock is so-so. I have shot a Taurus 917 which I feel has better balance than the Glock 19, but thats just my personal opinion. Maybe someday I'll get to shoot a Glock and will be able to judge appropriately.

Will go for a Sig if I can find it and afford it.

BloodBath
25-08-2009, 06:35 PM
Well This is a debate that will never end...

Having all these goodies with me.... I personally like the P226...please watch this video which will solve this for you. I have no more authentic a review then this. All major comparision parameters are compared. Have fun..

Regards

BloodBath

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Pn613oejWHg&feature=fvsr

Conceal Carry
26-08-2009, 08:04 AM
Don't own any of them but would prefer in the following order

Glock
CZ-75
Sig

Enigmatic Desires
26-08-2009, 04:34 PM
berreta and cz respectively.. followed by Sig ( dont know much bout it) and finaly Glock that I dont like at all.

AK-86
27-08-2009, 07:54 PM
Hey guys no one owns sigs, they are popular internationally but in Pakistan very few people buy it, i think price is the matter, since sigs are too expensive as compared to Glocks and Berettas

MHMalik
27-08-2009, 08:25 PM
My friend there are many sig owners around.. Remember these handguns used to cost 30-65 thousand before 2000, and used to sell like hot cakes.. plus many brought them in luggage from abroad.

You must consider the fact that many gun owners/collectors are not really into the internet and computers thats why we get a limited population sample here. Does not mean we generalize that No one owns sigs. Thats like saying everyone owns TTs and chinese weapons.

Dr Zakir
27-08-2009, 08:25 PM
Sigs one are not available and hence very expensive

BloodBath
27-08-2009, 08:53 PM
Dr sahab if you are in Karachi .......please accept my invitation for a SIG P226 shoot at Karsaz shooting range..

Regards

BloodBath

Dr Zakir
28-08-2009, 12:42 AM
thank you sir

Taurus
28-08-2009, 05:29 AM
Sig whatever built heavy reliable accurate and nice trigger for fumble free shot ...sig is anytime more reliable and accurate than glock and berretta i would say it is built to last

KageFox
28-08-2009, 11:40 AM
Just like they advertise: To Hell-and-Back Reliability :D

Conceal Carry
28-08-2009, 01:29 PM
BB! This generous offer valid only for Dr. Sahab or poor novice members like myself can also avail it:)

Dr sahab if you are in Karachi .......please accept my invitation for a SIG P226 shoot at Karsaz shooting range..

Regards

BloodBath

MHMalik
29-08-2009, 05:18 AM
Actually Sigs to hell and back reliability has been going downhill for quite some time.

I personally dont consider the late models to be as good. In particular the US made ones.

I had the opportunity to check one of the new 250 and it just didnt have that SIG feel and build.

Perhaps they should stick to metal framed ones.

BloodBath
29-08-2009, 05:54 PM
@ Conceal Carry... Sir you are most welcome anytime. Just ping me a day prior so that I can cancel my commitments. It will be great spending some time with you.

Regards

BloodBath

Shariq
29-08-2009, 06:49 PM
BB! This generous offer valid only for Dr. Sahab or poor novice members like myself can also avail it:)

Regards

BloodBath
Bloodbath was kind enough to let me test fire his Glock / Sig / and CZ
Sig wins by a big margin.

Taurus
29-08-2009, 09:02 PM
+1 Shariq

BloodBath
29-08-2009, 11:32 PM
@ Shariq
@ Tauras

I was hoping to meet you people at the range so that we may try some new stuff. I couldnt go myself as I hate shooting alone. Make a plan guys...be game

Regards

BloodBath

BloodBath
29-08-2009, 11:35 PM
What about a great get together on the second day of EID..... be my guests......

Shariq
29-08-2009, 11:38 PM
Sure Sir. Just let us know when u can visit ?

Abbas
30-08-2009, 02:52 AM
I believe it's always whichever frame fits one's hand best. For me nothing compares to the CZ75-B in accuracy. I love the grip the thin sights and slide. It is a large frame pistol so carrying it is a bit difficult however in all other categories I would pretty much prefer it over anything else. I'm in the market for one nowdays, can't find one at a reasonable price.

I'm highly impressed with Glock reliability but unfortunately I'm terrible at shooting them specially the 19's, also I find the Sig's double stack grip a bit uncomfortable. The 92 is a classic any day of the week, any comment against it would be blasphemous.

If HK was a consideration I would prefer the P30 over anything else.

Conceal Carry
30-08-2009, 11:07 AM
Thanks BB!. I'm also looking forward to meet you in person, will dothat as soon as I'm back.

@ Conceal Carry... Sir you are most welcome anytime. Just ping me a day prior so that I can cancel my commitments. It will be great spending some time with you.

Regards

BloodBath

Dr Zakir
30-08-2009, 02:05 PM
you are right abbas other day me moeen and 12 gauge were at range while moeen was hitting everything with a steyr i had the most uncomfortable expirence

MHMalik
30-08-2009, 02:58 PM
And then there are those days...

When no matter what you do.. the target just eludes you.. I have tried to find explanations for that.. but there simply arent any.. EXCEPT..

Its one of those days..