PDA

View Full Version : Good Quality Gun Cleaners/lube available for pakgunners

MHMalik
24-08-2009, 08:06 PM
Dear Fellow Pakgunners

I have come across a vast source of German Liqui Moly Guntec weapon care products.

I have personally been using the same for my weapons with very good results and am completely happy with them. They are not the strongest stuff on the market though, which is good for high quality weapons. Also they are non toxic.

http://www.liqui-moly.de/liquimoly/web.nsf/id/li_archive115.html

If you people are interested in getting them do let me know. Prices are very reasonable

I use the spray oil, spray foaming bore cleaner, gun grease (all synthetic), and polymer protectant. All work wonderfully.

Ka_Khan
24-08-2009, 11:51 PM
Good work MH Malik sahib.Could you get us tentative rates?It will be helpful for members if they place their orders.

Conceal Carry
25-08-2009, 12:10 AM
nothing firear related on their site.

Dear Fellow Pakgunners

I have come across a vast source of German Liqui Moly Guntec weapon care products.

I have personally been using the same for my weapons with very good results and am completely happy with them. They are not the strongest stuff on the market though, which is good for high quality weapons. Also they are non toxic.

http://www.liqui-moly.de/liquimoly/web.nsf/id/li_archive115.html

If you people are interested in getting them do let me know. Prices are very reasonable

I use the spray oil, spray foaming bore cleaner, gun grease (all synthetic), and polymer protectant. All work wonderfully.

MHMalik
25-08-2009, 01:07 AM
I dont remember the exact prices, but the whole set costs around 2000 Rs.. but it lasts forever.. It may be a little more or less.. just giving a ballpark figure.. keep in mind roughly 500-600 for each product individually.

I might be able to get a discount if we do a bulk purchase. Anyway if you gentlemen would like, I can bring a set along for you to see on the GTG..

Its just that I see a lot of my friends use crap like WD40 (which is fake kerosene oil in most cases) on their guns and frankly it pains me. This is good quality stuff (after all zee germans use it and think its great) at reasonable rates and more importantly the supply can be made constant if there is enough interest unlike some products which are rarer than guns in our parts.

Please be aware I am doing this out of love of weapons and regard for all of you fine folks. This is in NO way a business venture nor am I seeking any profit from the whole exercise.

Ilyas
25-08-2009, 01:32 AM
Malik sb thanks alot for sharing... Where do you get these from? Is there some way by which I
can have a set of all these?

Zubair
25-08-2009, 11:35 AM
MHMALIK Bring a set for me. Also last time at LRC range you told me about some NATO DEGREASER available in PESHAWER . What its called?

Adeel Ahmad
25-08-2009, 12:36 PM
Malik thanks for sharing with us. I am interested in a set.

HasanJamshad
25-08-2009, 02:49 PM
thank you very much MHMalik for sharing the information and offering a great favour. Please bring a set for me at the GTG on 29th. Thanks

Ilyas
25-08-2009, 03:21 PM
Malik sb... where are you Bro and I still am witing for a reply to my post. Plz take as much time as you want,
just help me get a set of these :)

XMen
25-08-2009, 03:32 PM
I also interested in the product kindly enlighten us i me and fellow KHI members can request you could send these products via courier

MHMalik
25-08-2009, 05:23 PM
MHMALIK Bring a set for me. Also last time at LRC range you told me about some NATO DEGREASER available in PESHAWER . What its called?

Done sir!

degreaser is called

SIMPLE GREEN

I havent tried it personally so cannot give a review. Perhaps our peshawerite friends could check it out. karkhano had a shop stuffed with it in gallons.. I hear it works great to remove grime and oils.. but needs to be blowdried because theres no protection once the oil is gone..

MHMalik
25-08-2009, 05:33 PM
Malik sb thanks alot for sharing... Where do you get these from? Is there some way by which I

Well I sort of stumbled upon a treasure of them by accident. I know this guy who had them lying around and didnt know what to do with it. So I got them all from him.. Lot of my friends took most of them and are happy with the results as am myself.

Answering to the second question is why not!.. Right now I am in lhr.. but I can easily arrange for someone to take it to peshawer where you can pick it up. Just give me some time to work it out.

Perhaps I can leave a few with Zubair sb. and out of towners can pick it up whenever they visit?

Ka_Khan
25-08-2009, 05:53 PM
I dont remember the exact prices, but the whole set costs around 2000 Rs...

Malik sahib could you explain in detail what are the items in this set of around 2000?
The products and their quantities.

MHMalik
25-08-2009, 07:08 PM
1. Spray Bottle Plastics cleaner 250ml

2. Bore Cleaner Spray w/nozzle 100ml

3. Gun Oil (dissolves residues and carbon as well/synthetic) 70ml spray bottle w/ applicator

4. Weapon Grease 20grams. synthetic moly based white color (the best kind)
http://img29.imageshack.us/img29/5796/97667043.jpg (http://www.postimage.org/)

Ilyas
26-08-2009, 12:07 AM
Thanks alot Malik sb... I would really appreciate if you could send it through courier or any way that's convenient
for you. My email is laacho@hotmail.com, you can plz send me an email and we'll work out how to I should pay
for it :) OR if KK intends to join you guys for the Lahore gtg, he might bring me one.
Zubair... Bro about the degreaser, I'll check it out and let you know in a day or two.

MHMalik
26-08-2009, 03:42 AM
hmmm... all the more incentive for out of city members to attend the gtg.. guys come n get it!!

ilyas bro dont worry.. I'll see to it that you get unlimited supply :) I come to pekhawer a lot and will bring supply whenever i come around..

Zubair
26-08-2009, 11:53 AM

Well I sort of stumbled upon a treasure of them by accident. I know this guy who had them lying around and didnt know what to do with it. So I got them all from him.. Lot of my friends took most of them and are happy with the results as am myself.

Answering to the second question is why not!.. Right now I am in lhr.. but I can easily arrange for someone to take it to peshawer where you can pick it up. Just give me some time to work it out.

Perhaps I can leave a few with Zubair sb. and out of towners can pick it up whenever they visit?

Thanks a lot. My email is zubair723@hotmail.com Drop me a email with your contact info.

Zubair
26-08-2009, 11:54 AM
Thanks alot Malik sb... I would really appreciate if you could send it through courier or any way that's convenient
for you. My email is laacho@hotmail.com, you can plz send me an email and we'll work out how to I should pay
for it :) OR if KK intends to join you guys for the Lahore gtg, he might bring me one.
Zubair... Bro about the degreaser, I'll check it out and let you know in a day or two.

Much obliged by your offer SIR.

Adeel Ahmad
26-08-2009, 12:03 PM
Malik, is it a one time thing or will you be able to keep the supply going. I am asking as otherwise i should buy the sets in bulk.

Imu10
26-08-2009, 12:07 PM
@MHMalik, the cleaners / lubes looks really nice and the price is also very reasonable.
if possible i will also needing one set for my guns if u can send me to karachi i will be more than happy and can send me te payment in any mode you require
regards imu10

Sohail Waheed
26-08-2009, 01:23 PM
1 set for me Sir. Appreciated your effort.

MHMalik
26-08-2009, 02:19 PM
Adeel they last forever.. trust me.. I'm still on my first set and its been over six months.. and I am OCD about cleaning my weapons.. I suggest you buy one.. and try it. If you like it I'll give you as many as you like.

@Imu10 Sir I can hopefully work something out. I'm not sure couriers transport such stuff as they are inflammable and under pressure (sprays). I think daewoo people might ship them though.. Will look into it and let you know.

SWaheed I'll bring it on the gtg :)

12GAUGE
26-08-2009, 02:58 PM

sir, SIMPLE GREEN is not a NATO degreaser, its just a degreaser used by almost every automobile mechanic in the developed world. nothing special about it (or in it). its popularity basically is based on it being environmently safe and it also doesnt contain toxic solvents usually found in other degreaser easily available at auto parts stores.

Regards.

Adeel Ahmad
26-08-2009, 03:29 PM
Ok sir then book one for me. I will let you know if i am coming to GTG otherwise you can send it through Cargo in Daewoo.

Zubair
26-08-2009, 03:31 PM

sir, SIMPLE GREEN is not a NATO degreaser, its just a degreaser used by almost every automobile mechanic in the developed world. nothing special about it (or in it). its popularity basically is based on it being environmently safe and it also doesnt contain toxic solvents usually found in other degreaser easily available at auto parts stores.

Regards.

Can it be used on weapons? Also the polymer part.

12GAUGE
26-08-2009, 04:32 PM

Regards.

Can it be used on weapons? Also the polymer part.

I guess it should be alright for polymer ofcourse with an assumption that there is not acetone.methylethylketone in it.

Regards

MHMalik
27-08-2009, 04:55 AM
Sir I didnt mean Simple green being THE NATO weapon degreaser.. what I actually said was NATO people bring it over for presumably weapon cleaning due to sand and grit in afghanistan and lots of it is being brought across the border and being sold in karkhono bazaar in peshawer. That is what Zubair Sb is referring to.

One can use it on lots of other household stuff too..

12GAUGE
27-08-2009, 12:05 PM
Sir I didnt mean Simple green being THE NATO weapon degreaser.. what I actually said was NATO people bring it over for presumably weapon cleaning due to sand and grit in afghanistan and lots of it is being brought across the border and being sold in karkhono bazaar in peshawer. That is what Zubair Sb is referring to.

One can use it on lots of other household stuff too..

cool!, how much does it cost? and whats the complete product name. is it Simple Green Pro HD or Simple green all purpose cleaner?

Regards

Saeen
27-08-2009, 12:38 PM
Malik Sb one for me too plz, Let me know how to pick one if available.

Ilyas
27-08-2009, 04:02 PM
Zubair... Yesterday it was cloudy n the weather was really pleasant, so I went there to check it out. I bought one spray bottle having contents of 709ml. The label says the following:

For Heavy Duty Industrial/Institutional Applications
SIMPLE GREEN
Concentrated Cleaner
Degreaser/Deodorizer
Non-Toxic. Biodegradable. Non-Flammable. Non-Caustic
CAUTION: IRRITANT. May irritate eyes.

BASIC INSTRUCTIONS:
Mix Simple Green and Water. Heavy Cleaning [1:1 to 1:10], Medium [1:30], Light [1:50+]
Spary on surface, allow time to penetrate dirt, grease or oil, rinse with water at highest available pressure.
Heavily impacted soils may need agitation or second application. Do not allow product to dry on surface.

FIRST AID: Contains polyethyleneglycol ether derivatives. If swallowed, contact a Doctor or Poison Control Center immediately.Do not induce vomiting. If in eyes, rinse with water for Five minutes, remove contact lenses if present,
and then rinse for at least 10 more minutes.

This is all that the labels say. Now looking forward to 12gauge's expert input :)
Zubair, bro if you need some after going through 12 gauge's input, plz let me know and we'll discuss how to send
you some.

12GAUGE
27-08-2009, 04:26 PM
Zubair... Yesterday it was cloudy n the weather was really pleasant, so I went there to check it out. I bought one spray bottle having contents of 709ml. The label says the following:

SIMPLE GREEN
Concentrated Cleaner
Degreaser/Deodorizer

BASIC INSTRUCTIONS:
Mix Simple Green and Water. Heavy Cleaning [1:1 to 1:10], Medium [1:30], Light [1:50+]
Spary on surface, allow time to penetrate dirt, grease or oil, rinse with water at highest available pressure.
Heavily impacted soils may need agitation or second application. Do not allow product to dry on surface.

FIRST AID: Contains polyethyleneglycol ether derivatives. If swallowed, contact a Doctor or Poison Control Center immediately.Do not induce vomiting. If in eyes, rinse with water for Five minutes, remove contact lenses if present,

This is all that the labels say. Now looking forward to 12gauge's expert input :)
Zubair, bro if you need some after going through 12 gauge's input, plz let me know and we'll discuss how to send
you some.

hmm..... hard to put my finger on it. but this industrial strength cleaner/degreaser is water soluable, I'd be a little nervous putting anything on my firearms that are water soluable as it promotes rust. second point: the formula shows ether, which is very harmfull to aluminum (shotgun receivers, some pistol frames). now one can use it on the barrel, provided that we totally take it off afterwards.

since its water soluable, i'm thinking afterwards a "hot water bath+blow dry+detail wipe off" is absolutely necessary to remove the firearm of any residue which can harm the metal.

other than that, i'm sure since its an industrial strength degreaser, it should work very well in the gunk/carbon buildup in firearms.

as far as polymer parts are concerned, it should be relatively safe, remember ether though less potent can harm polymer if left for long.

Regards.

p.s. whats the price of this thing?

Zubair
27-08-2009, 04:28 PM

SIMPLE GREEN
Concentrated Cleaner
Degreaser/Deodorizer

BASIC INSTRUCTIONS:

you some.

Thanks a lot ILYAS & Highly appreciate your offer. Well if its good, then we can try this.

Ilyas
27-08-2009, 04:34 PM
No problem. I personally would prefer 12gauge's opinion about it coz the directions for use mention
adding water and then rinsing with high pressure water. I wonder which guns of mine would ever need
such treatment? Therefore I think I'll wait for 12g and see for what usage he recommends this.

HasanJamshad
27-08-2009, 04:45 PM
Ilyas's information and 12gauge's description suggests that this thing hardly can be for the guns.

12GAUGE
27-08-2009, 05:11 PM
No problem. I personally would prefer 12gauge's opinion about it coz the directions for use mention
adding water and then rinsing with high pressure water. I wonder which guns of mine would ever need
such treatment? Therefore I think I'll wait for 12g and see for what usage he recommends this.

Ilyas bhai, whats the price of this thing?

Regards

Ilyas
27-08-2009, 05:16 PM
Rs. 150 for a Spray bottle having 709ml contents and Rs.350 for a gallon... I don't remember the actual
volume of that but it must be around 3L or more. Waiting for your input... although to me it seems more
suitable for carpets or floors :)

Ilyas
27-08-2009, 05:17 PM
Sorry... missed your earlier post. Will just go through it now :).
Just read your post. Thanks for the input and I think it has no utility for my guns at present.
However if you want some for experimenting with it, and you intend to join us for the gtg,
let me know about the quantity you need and I'll get it ready for you :)

MHMalik
27-08-2009, 06:19 PM
well a gallon 4 liters for 350, and mixing it 1:10 means you get 40 litres for Rs 350 ka solvent..

As long as you dry it thoroughly afterwards it should be fine.. anyway.. we need someone to review it..

MHMalik
27-08-2009, 06:27 PM
Malik Sb one for me too plz, Let me know how to pick one if available.

Well I was planning on bringing it over on the GTG for everyone interested.. but since its delayed.. and I have to be out of city..

Chalo lemme figure something out..

Ka_Khan
28-08-2009, 06:17 PM
Malik sahib you can give the required sets to someone like Saeen or Zubair.

MHMalik
28-08-2009, 06:27 PM
Yeah.. Thats the plan.. IF they are willing :) Will do so tomorrow Inshallah pending consent of the abovementioned friends.

Ilyas
29-09-2009, 12:03 AM
@MHMalik... Malik sb hope you are fine. Tried to call you today, but you couldn't answer. You haven't confirmed your participation for the gtg on 11th Oct in Isd as yet, but if you intend to join us, please don't forget to bring some of these kits for us :)

Bilz111
13-02-2010, 04:57 PM
@ MH Malik is it still available????

viper218
14-02-2010, 05:55 PM
Good effort Malik Sahab!!!....Thumbs up

MHMalik
15-02-2010, 04:32 AM
@ MH Malik is it still available????

Yes i've still got em.. just couldnt find the opportunity to meet all of you in the gtgs..

I will bring the stuff in the next gtg Inshallah..

@ Ilyas bro I called back the next day but did not get response.. Cellular service is really bad where I'm coming from.. So please do accept my apologies. Looking forward to meeting you soon. And I've kept a set just for you my friend :)

Bilz111
15-02-2010, 06:08 PM
Well i hope that the next gtg is soon since i dont have any lubricant and since i purchased my weapon havent cleaned it yet.....neways thanx MH Malik!

Glocky
15-02-2010, 09:06 PM
Well i hope that the next gtg is soon since i dont have any lubricant and since i purchased my weapon havent cleaned it yet.....neways thanx MH Malik!

You can find Hoppes products at almost all the arms shops also available at EBCO. Get their gun oil its pretty good.

Ilyas
15-02-2010, 11:06 PM
@MHMalik... Salams Brother! Thanks for not forgetting that :) I'm also anxiously looking forward to meet you. If you get a chance to visit Psh, plz don't forget to drop by. And you can call me anytime between 10:00am to 17:00pm, after that I usually switch off my cell when I get home.

Engineeer
25-03-2010, 12:11 PM
i need one set if it is still available..........

Bilz111
02-04-2010, 05:39 PM
@ Glocky thanx bro just bought Hoppes oil from EBCO :D