PDA

View Full Version : Glock v/s NP34

Topak
19-08-2009, 06:30 PM
guys its crazy question....
but wot if we compare glock 17 with NP34.
wot are the - and + of both.?
it will be a technical job... please explain.

KageFox
19-08-2009, 06:38 PM
Have no experience with either (or any other for that matter) but will chip in a few points. Basically, a comparison of sorts.

-Both are more or less at opposite price ends
-One is original; other a clone, though a well-made one of a very famous pistol.
-Glock: Hammerless, similar to single action; NP-34: Double action + decocker (slightly safer in my eyes, opinions may differ greatly)
-Mag capacity point goes to Glock... no question about it.
-Glock: Polymer frame; NP-34: Steel frame
-Loads of accessories available for Glock

Have absolutely no idea about accuracy and reliability of either, however the Glock is known to have gone through several "torture" tests.

Hope that helps... even if just a bit :)

Adeel Ahmad
20-08-2009, 12:30 PM
Come on man. I did not expect such a comparision from you.

Sohail
20-08-2009, 12:56 PM
adeel : i dont think there is any issue with this question, let people put their words, that would be interesting i believe :)

well expressed by KF..

regards

Adeel Ahmad
20-08-2009, 01:07 PM
Sohail i did not say that there is any issue with the question but the comparision is all wrong. How can you compare something of 4th Tier with something of 1st Tier. There is no comparision between both.
Topak should have used the word Impression or Thoughts About Glock And NP34 not Comparision. When you are asking impressions, there might be some members who would say they had a better experience with NP34 intead of Glock.

Shariq
20-08-2009, 01:30 PM
I agree
There is no comparison between the two.

Dr Zakir
20-08-2009, 01:34 PM
Well said adeel no comparision but only impressions

Sohail
20-08-2009, 02:01 PM
ok ok ok, people are getting annoyed, adeel bhiaee naraz na hon, so topak make the necessary touch ups :D before you are surrounded

regards

Xerga
20-08-2009, 02:01 PM
sounds like comparing....

Apples vs Grapes.

Adeel Ahmad
20-08-2009, 02:21 PM
Sir jee me not naraz :)
Just didnt think that such a Topic would come from Topak.

Enigmatic Desires
20-08-2009, 04:36 PM
I've been sayin it an sayin it. the Glock has a cult following.. lumping her with an NP 34 is just... well.... :P

Dr Zakir
20-08-2009, 04:36 PM
Yeh to dosti yari ki baten hain we are all friends out here topak adeel myself illyas moeen Abbas Kakhan ED yourself nook jhook to chalte hey

Dr Zakir
20-08-2009, 04:42 PM
Waisay to I plan to have np 22 or 34

Topak
20-08-2009, 06:02 PM
sorry if hurt some one's feelings..
but i really want to compare these two.
what ever you think brothers.... but express your views about these two.
KF have done it well.
next time i will compare TT33 v/s HK USP :lol:
i am waiting for some technical views..why you prefer glock over NP34 ?

Topak
20-08-2009, 06:04 PM
sorry adeel i am not gun expert. next time i will try to not post "something" like this... :rolleyes:

KageFox
20-08-2009, 06:07 PM
Some people might turn up at your place if you start a thread "TT vs HK" - with sticks and all :lol:

Should be something less provoking, like: "Thoughts on so-and-so and so-and-so" :D

Abu Al Hawl
20-08-2009, 06:49 PM
comparison is always made on things which are almost on equal levels, over here the main difference is of price, weapons are always purchased on how your poket size is. who can afford a glock as a primary weapon can keep a tt as collection item, but who can afford a tt can not afford to buy a glock as collection item.

MHMalik
20-08-2009, 07:33 PM
I'm guessing this is a sig clone..

1. Its Chinese. the np-whtevr

2. Its a copy/clone.

3. The finish is mediocre at best. (justified by the price)

4. Heavy (metal frame and mags)

In defence of the np, It is a good blaster basher.. in case of breakage or failure one would not be as disappointing. Should be good for range duty.

Also I've heard that its built very good and solid.

I mentioned earlier that such comparisons should be made assuming that prices were the same.

If both were priced the same, which one would you choose and why?

KageFox
20-08-2009, 07:45 PM
If both were equally priced, I believe the Glock would totally outsell the NP-34. Come to think of it, IF the Glock was priced like that, there would be loads out there, better than Glock and at a similar price.... (dreams on)

Adeel Ahmad
20-08-2009, 07:59 PM
sorry adeel i am not gun expert. next time i will try to not post "something" like this... :rolleyes:
Sir i think you took it personally but believe me i was actually praising you.

Adeel Ahmad
20-08-2009, 08:01 PM
TT and HK comparision. Kept laughing for about 2 minutes. Lets see what happens.

KageFox
20-08-2009, 08:18 PM
Same here. Some other pistol of the old might be worthy enough to be compared to HK, but the TT? No way....

Slayerjatt
20-08-2009, 11:13 PM
If both were equally priced, I believe the Glock would totally outsell the NP-34. Come to think of it, IF the Glock was priced like that, there would be loads out there, better than Glock and at a similar price.... (dreams on)

thinking.:cool:

Hamid
20-08-2009, 11:55 PM
NP-34 vs Glock = Camper Van vs Modern caravan

takenleader
21-08-2009, 01:26 AM
salam to all honourable members. i am almost visit pakguns every day but shamefully never login to post my comments/ replys . Nevertherless this np34 vs glock is really interesting. I live in pakistan as we all do and with all due respect and a zillion appologies to glock owners ,a glock purchase in pakistan is one of the most insane decision.At the price that it is offered in our dear home land its a gun of showoffs. I think that the real world guns for us mortals are the ones that are under 60k.Anyways bang for buck the np 34 wins hands down. Correct me if i am wrong but i think the best buys out there are stoeger. zastava cz05/99 and baikal viking. the last one being an original design and not a clone but ts stil a very underated gun for reasons not know to me .I would like to once again render my appologies to all glock owners if they find my comments offensive.

Ilyas
21-08-2009, 01:53 AM
@takenleader... Firstly welcome to the forum Bro, it's a pleasure to have you with us. Secondly,
you have the liberty to give your free opinion here as long as it is decent n doesn't hurt someone
else's feeling, and as you didn't do anything of the sort, therefore there's no need of appology as
yet :)

Now coming to your comment, will you plz first answer the question MHMalik has asked

If both were priced the same, which one would you choose and why?
With same prices, I'm sure you would go for a Glock, if due to any reason you won't, the rest 99%
surely would. Why... because there are so many things that Glocks have and NP34 n so many others
do not have. Therefore all those who buy Glocks are quite sane and they simply are willing to pay the
differential 130k or so, for those "so many things" that Glocks have. Besides this, it is not just Glock that
is overpriced here. I would request you to compare all the other guns you mentioned as well and you
would notice, that the prices for those are a rip off as well.

Enigmatic Desires
21-08-2009, 03:16 AM
No 1 an I mean no does that to Glock cultists :o

Sharp Shooter
21-08-2009, 11:44 AM
opinions opinions...... there s no end to them.

KageFox
21-08-2009, 12:05 PM
Everyone's entitled to their own opinions. I am in no way a Glock fanatic, but I do realize that it is one of the most used, most tortured and tested pistols around the world, seeing use by military, law enforcement and general shooters. People gravitate to the Glock despite its price, simply due to the fact that it is a well-proven product. I am sure that most of us would be singing a different tune had Glock been more affordable...

HasanJamshad
21-08-2009, 01:24 PM
I think topak never intended to draw a comparison Glock vs NP-- as every gun enthusiast knows there can be no comparison. As Kagefox and MHMalik very rightly put different facts together like.

1- Glock is a gun that changed the trend from all steel to a light weight polymer frame gun.
2- Glock is an origional design.
3- Glock has proven reliability under toughest conditions.
4- Glock started its own kind of safety with no manual safety function.
5- Glock is an established brand with an established pride of ownership all over the world.
6- Glock is a preffered service pistol of numerous security forces all over the world for its reliability, durability, accuracy and simplicity.

Now NP34.
This is a reverse engineered, copied gun by a Chinese company having average finish and fair reliability.

Now comes the big question of price and need satisfaction. With all Glock's plus points one can not deny its insanely high prices in this part of the world. We all are quite aware of the reasons due to which this gun is so expensive. I think one shouldn't love or hate this marvelous gun just for its too high price as Glock itself has nothing to do with the price.
NP34 is a good affordable gun. I have yet to see a person who has any problem with this gun. But i haven't seen a shooter or collector who dosen't own a Glock. :)

KageFox
21-08-2009, 02:00 PM
Since it may be relevant, how about starting a thread comparing all under 100K pistols :)? That way, the effect of price will be negated by a margin....

Mohammad
21-08-2009, 02:46 PM
its like both are on opposite side of the world.... try comparing glock vs HK USP

MHMalik
21-08-2009, 03:13 PM
Glock vs USP.. hmmm.. once again Id opine there is no comparison.. in favor of the USP.

accuracy.. feel wise.. build quality.. reliability. The HK beats Glock hands down.

EXCEPT for the trigger. All USPs need a trigger job, and thats the only place where glock is better. out of the triggers I personally find SIG the best.

Oh and also USP just refuses to be concealed in the summers no matter what you do.

just my opinion.

KageFox
21-08-2009, 04:42 PM
Glock vs Sig vs HK... SIG RULZ :cool:

Especially the SIGs which have underwent anti-snag treatment. Good for concealment, something for everybody. Price in Pakistan is the unfortunate point (weep) :(

Airgunner.22
21-08-2009, 05:32 PM
These brands are doubtlessly great. But, seeing the prices in our country, they come more under collectibles than full time service weapons .

Most people's first pistol is a chinese clone or a taurus or a sarsilmaz etc. This is when they consider value for money.
As their knowledge of guns increases, they begin to appreciate quality.

Silent killerr
21-08-2009, 06:36 PM
obviously Glock is better than NP34

Dr Zakir
22-08-2009, 12:29 AM
usp is real good in terms of ruggedness no body can beat it not even sig . while considering accessories glock all the way . sigs are evn rarer then glocks

Enigmatic Desires
22-08-2009, 01:50 AM
love em or hate em. I have seen few gun lovers indifferent to Glocks..

Khalidsh
22-08-2009, 11:09 AM
guys ... please dont compare a Corolla with Mehran. These both guns may serve the same purpose but they are different class of weapons.

Adeel Ahmad
22-08-2009, 12:47 PM
So many comments but where is the person who actually started this Topic.

Enigmatic Desires
22-08-2009, 12:55 PM
I bet he was not expecting this strong a response....

ay_be_why
22-08-2009, 04:18 PM
this is just what happened with TT-33 in another thread...

Enigmatic Desires
22-08-2009, 04:34 PM
LOLS... hmm I wonder if should start a thread b/w a darra made TT and the USP :D

XMen
22-08-2009, 05:57 PM
According to my opinion this is totally wrong to compare these weapons

GLOCK had made its mark and one of the toughest hamerless pistol while we cannot compare with someone who's already inspired from SIG although NP34 is a good pistol but no comparision with a brand like GLOCK

Adeel Ahmad
22-08-2009, 06:16 PM
LOLS... hmm I wonder if should start a thread b/w a darra made TT and the USP :D
ED if you did that then believe me that the bashing from my side will not be limited to this Forum :)

Enigmatic Desires
23-08-2009, 01:25 AM
Ouch!! if I was not overly concerned with my tender behind. i would have done precisely that! :|

Hamid
23-08-2009, 01:36 AM
Only resemblance between them is that they both are handguns PERIOD

Enigmatic Desires
23-08-2009, 01:46 AM
which ones. u mean the classy hand made darra kee TT and the cold mechanically German USP ??

Enigmatic Desires
23-08-2009, 01:58 AM
I used to be a free lance journalist. NGO publications then later on advertising industry .. currently make newsletters

Hamid
23-08-2009, 02:04 AM
oh man! you are doing my dream job.

Enigmatic Desires
23-08-2009, 02:08 AM
oh man! you are doing my dream job.

i am not Hamid Bhai.. I was workin on the lakson annual newsletter. had issues with their communications team. walked out..

:(

hence so much time at Pak guns.

these days I write news letters purely to keep myself in 'shape' so to speak..

Hamid
23-08-2009, 02:10 AM
I am also quitting my job. always wanted to be a writer. love reading. fulfull my desire by writing on my blog and ghost writing for some friends.

Enigmatic Desires
23-08-2009, 02:16 AM
I am also quitting my job at express 24/7. always wanted to be a writer. love reading. fulfull my desire by writing on my blog and ghost writing for some friends.

This is what I am doing too.. Ghost writing a newsletter for a friend for a certain law college..

But earning money from writing alone.. is not an easy job.. I am thinking of swallowing my pride an go back into the mainstream again..

Hamid
23-08-2009, 02:20 AM
In order to be a succesful writer, one need to be born in a rich family, own a penthouse in downtown, have a lot of lovers where each can be ordered to come at certain time of a day and that famous mahogany table for writing;)

You are right, one cant earn living from writing alone especially in Pakistan.

Enigmatic Desires
23-08-2009, 02:28 AM
naah .. leave it.. this topic is kinda weird any way.. comparing glocks with NP 34s..

I had won hte nomination for the annual gender in journalism awards by both UNESCO as wel as the Pakistan press foundation.. an yet. I know I cant earn a living by writing. have to do something else..

AH well. now that the 809 is here I have an incentive to find gainful work ASAP :D

Hamid
23-08-2009, 02:31 AM
Its beautiful and worth finding a new job for:)

Taurus
23-08-2009, 02:22 PM
well there is no comparison but i have tested glocks as well i have tested np34 very well and the only thing is finish of np 34 slide and magz are not good but guys i like np 34 because the barrel made by the chinese is excellent and any ways its all abt the thinking but wont recommend any one for glock for such a huge price i have a glock 19,but still wont recommend we shoot max 150-200 rounds a day pistol and get it cleaned for hours while army they dont even clean their guns properly ...cutting it short and getting back to topic there is no comparison with glock ...after all glock is a perfection

Conceal Carry
26-08-2009, 08:06 AM
No comparison between the two, Glock wins hands down.

mehranbiz
27-08-2009, 09:31 PM
No camparision, But price is a big issue, 5 times higher price is not affordable for every person, NP34 can afford every collector and and reliability of NP34 is bad, My vote will go for NP34

Dr Zakir
28-08-2009, 12:41 AM
they are of totally different leagues so we should not make any comparison .

Hamid
28-08-2009, 12:50 AM
Any member of the forum who owns NP-34?