PDA

View Full Version : Air Power!

Pages : [1] 2 3 4

KageFox
11-08-2009, 08:08 PM
Wanted to know how many are interested in Airguns. Since this is a gun forum, I presume we have a good number of airgunners among Pakgunners :D

KageFox
11-08-2009, 08:10 PM
Me? Have owned an airgun since I was 13, been shooting from even earlier. My phopha, abu and older cousin were the ones I give credit for my true shots.

MIdreesTaj
11-08-2009, 08:31 PM
fox ive been living with my gun on day n night bases... ive worked it up alot. it has taken out more than 1000 birds and a lot lots of target shooting... ive taught of basic rifle concepts to my younger bro back then.. he is also a grown up now.. its my lovely gamo shadow 1000 air rifle... i wish to own a high quality PCP sometime in future along with a 300 win mag rifle.. both side by side :) :D :P :cool:

Slayerjatt
11-08-2009, 08:35 PM
i have a chinese air gun. it's got some problem for a while. the trigger doesn't work but when i bend the barrel to load it, it does. i hope someone can tell me what's wrong. got it fixed once but the problem came back.

KageFox
11-08-2009, 08:43 PM
Idrees Bhai, I have a Shadow 1000 as well :D. Though I do not hunt with it, it has punctured its share of Pepsi and other cans. Plus, it has torn a great many paper targets.

Used to have a Gamo Delta which was given to my younger bro, and my Dad's Daisy Powerline 880 (my first gun). The Powerline was a pneumatic pump rifle in .177. Silent, recoil-less, dead accurate. Wonderful to kill lizards with, as the power was adjustable. That gun was even older than I am. Sadly, it wore down over the years, and I finally gave up on it a couple of weeks back (I am sort of an expert in opening all kinds of guns, just don't tell me to put it back together :lol:)

My next airgun is probably going to be an air pistol, hopefully a Crosman 1377 multi-pump to replace my poor Daisy. Can't find it yet.

Incidentally, what pellets do you usually use?

MIdreesTaj
11-08-2009, 08:49 PM
@KageFox
bro i use gamo magnum / gamo match mostly and used a miester kujelin (never mind spellings) and crossman premium a few times.. and also RWS match pellets..
scope is tasco pronghorn fix power 4X-32mm

KageFox
11-08-2009, 08:54 PM
I have only used Pro Magnum and Match in the Shadow. Just fitted with a scope 2-3 weeks earlier, a 4x20 my uncle lent me.

What prices do you usually get for the pellets? Where I get them, the Match are about Rs 350, the Pro Mag a 100 more

MIdreesTaj
11-08-2009, 09:01 PM
What prices do you usually get for the pellets? Where I get them, the Match are about Rs 350, the Pro Mag a 100 more

bro.. the seller is thugging u right away.. iam gettin the same Pro magnums and Match Gamo brand 5.5 mm 250 a box..
350 rs is like too much :|

KageFox
11-08-2009, 09:07 PM
Man, never realized that :mad:. I'm in for a fight next time I see that guy. You mean you get Pro Mag and Match at the same price?

MIdreesTaj
11-08-2009, 09:13 PM
Man, never realized that :mad:. I'm in for a fight next time I see that guy. You mean you get Pro Mag and Match at the same price?

250 RS match or promag. its ur pick. price is same ... even i was shocked to see such a high price difference on an under 500 rs stuff.

KageFox
11-08-2009, 09:24 PM
The Match were 250... a year back. The Pro Mag were always expensive in Saddar.

There used to be pointed pellets only known as Irani pellets (.22 in red yellow box) (rs. 50 for box of 100). Pretty good stuff, but they stopped coming about year and a half ago.

Btw, might sound stupid, but are we talking about the same caliber? I have .22.

MIdreesTaj
11-08-2009, 09:34 PM
yes mine is .22 as well.. the prices i quoted were like 2 months old..

KageFox
11-08-2009, 09:47 PM
Hmmm, maybe being in Karachi results in higher prices.

Anyway, I too would love a PCP, but I guess they are pretty expensive, and I've never seen one, except on TV in Navy matches

ay_be_why
11-08-2009, 11:26 PM
mind if i barge in?? :) @KF and taj sahab, sir, i've heard a lot here and over the internet about the gamo rifles.. would you guys be kind enough to share some prices, rather price ranges, for gamo and other common airguns? thaks.

Enigmatic Desires
12-08-2009, 03:38 AM
i bought my very 1st air gun (#2) from pioneer arms. waaay back in 90.. I still have the original receipt!!!

2nd 1 was a # 1 from Elahi bux an co.

Bullseye
12-08-2009, 07:47 AM
Incidentally, Gamo Shadow 1000 with Gamo Magnums is what also use. I am a 'Persona non Grata' with our locality crows.
Have been using airguns since my childhood days. Never used a scope, the gun is deadly accurate.

Kakar
12-08-2009, 10:36 AM
I own a diana 34 (sport) in white color. very accurate gun. A friend recently advised me to get a Gamo but someone told me that diana has more power. any suggestions.

Topak
12-08-2009, 02:50 PM
diana is best...... just like TT in pistols and KK in semi auto.

KageFox
12-08-2009, 03:57 PM
Diana is of course one of the best when is comes to spring rifles, but the their cost is too high. Were I some sort of hunter or competition shooter where my livelihood depended on my shots, I would have definitely considered it, but the Gamo is more than just fine for what I usually do.

That said, I envy those with Diana rifles and spend hours comparing their guns on the net :D

TAREEN
12-08-2009, 05:37 PM
My prized posession....Diana 54. Air King. This is a web picture, mine is just added with a scope.

http://img15.imageshack.us/img15/7231/13717974.jpg (http://www.postimage.org/)

GAMO Pro Magnum is available in Lahore for Rs. 300/250 pellets.

Ka_Khan
12-08-2009, 05:48 PM
Surprised to see so many members Love their AirGuns.
I have a Chinese one and works well.In Peshawar there is a variety of pellets ranging from Iranian,Afghan and Shaheen.The afghan ones are pointed (is someone have used it why is it so?)

KageFox
12-08-2009, 06:37 PM
Beautiful Rifle, Mr Tareen. I guess this the the side-lever model.

Mumar
12-08-2009, 07:39 PM
Assalam-o-alikum to all Members of PG and salam to all Air Gunners also
i have webly and scott HAWK
Regards

Mumar
12-08-2009, 07:41 PM
@ midrees taj

assalam-o-alikum

y using scope on Air Rifle ? if u dont mind can u tell me which scope u r using and at wht cost u got it. is it necessary to use it as some one told me scope is for long range !!

Regards

Mumar
12-08-2009, 07:42 PM
@ TAREEN

nice gun !!! but DIANA is too much expensive for low budgeted shooters and gun lovers

Mumar
12-08-2009, 07:44 PM
@ ka_khan

assalam-o-alikum

i havent used it but saw it PIONEER but they are better than paki made pellet but anyways European Pellet are of no match

Mumar
12-08-2009, 07:47 PM
@ kage fox
Assalam-o-alikum

Prices are high here as compared to other places .. these guys are givin us pellet at the same prices as available on internet...fleasing us...plus they dont have .177 cal ... only .22 call

KageFox
12-08-2009, 07:55 PM
@Mumar: Wow, you have a Webley! How old is it?

My uncle has one dating from the early 80s. It shoots beautifully, and is extremely accurate. I learnt to shoot on it :)

Mumar
12-08-2009, 08:02 PM
assalam-o-alikum kagefox
yes its from the same year late 70s but believe me no faults uptill now still runin.... although i given for blueing
to restore its condition

Mumar
12-08-2009, 08:04 PM
@ kage fox

are u member of shooting club?PNS karsaz karachi

KageFox
12-08-2009, 08:08 PM
Unfortunately, no.

Mumar
12-08-2009, 08:13 PM
@ kage fox
any ways they have 10meter range for AirRifle and pistols also ...

Kakar
12-08-2009, 08:27 PM
Some people think that an airgun is a weapon for children. Believe me its not. In some cases an airgun can do the work of a shotgun , leave the .22 aside.

I have often seen poor people from the interior sindh roaming around lucky star (gun market in karachi) to buy airguns. On inquiry I found out that all of them own single or double barrel Pakistani shotguns and for some time have stopped using them bc of the extremely expensive 12 bore ammo. Now they hunt partridges, doves, pigeons and other birds with airguns bc pellets are very cheap.

My cook is from Thar and u will not believe that he has asked me to get him an old diana for his children and family members to hunt and for that he his ready to sacrifice his couple of months pay.

I guess many of us are very much blessed by God that we can still afford such expensive arms and ammunition to fullfil our desires and hobby of hunting.

Secondly I would say that these poor people are the real hunters as they hunt these birds only to fullfil their hunger which is not the point in our case.

KageFox
12-08-2009, 08:57 PM
Secondly I would say that these poor people are the real hunters as they hunt these birds only to fullfil their hunger which is not the point in our case.

Agree with you. Many a time I have thought of taking down a crow or pigeon, but then I realize, what has the poor animal done to me??? It isn't harming me or anything, so why hurt it.

Islam strongly discourages hunting for sport. However, one may hunt if for food.

Mumar
12-08-2009, 09:23 PM
correct any living being should not be shot for fun use it for target practice...

Mumar
12-08-2009, 09:25 PM
i mean use weapon for target practice killing animal just to prove that we are excellent marksman .... well we can prove ourselve on cardboard targets..

MIdreesTaj
12-08-2009, 09:46 PM
i used to kill crows, alot along with other birds... once my mother literally bashed me mentally about my relentless act.. it was then when i stopped taking out birds and never done it again...

but my gamo was too good at hitting crows.. ive taken a crow using gamo match pellet(had no other pellet at that time) from mind blowing 30 yards.. shot was taken from disguised position bcuz the crows in the whole area were alarmed and they knew a black gun was after them.. :) i went to the room on second story of my house opened the window, played a scopped shot from inside the room... the crow was sitting inside a tree not really visible .. this tree was inside a house lawn.. this house was oppostie to out.. everyone appreciated the clear cut shot.. i felt so good.. but now i love paper targets more than live targets :P

Denovo87
12-08-2009, 10:04 PM
All the young ones when given an air gun need some thrashing to control their urge to shoot everything for excitement, I had to confiscate my sons gun after I got a complaint from the neighbour of making a hole in their water tank, although I offered him a new tank if he allowed me to make a bigger one with my gun :D

KageFox
12-08-2009, 10:12 PM
Try clay pots. The weaker ones get broken down in a single shot or two from my Shadow at 15 yards. The more robust ones require you to hit at weaker points to break 'em down. Pretty good fun. I just love everything that shatters :lol:

Mumar
12-08-2009, 11:04 PM
hmmm good idea

Ka_Khan
12-08-2009, 11:26 PM
All the young ones when given an air gun need some thrashing to control their urge to shoot everything for excitement, I had to confiscate my sons gun after I got a complaint from the neighbour of making a hole in their water tank, although I offered him a new tank if he allowed me to make a bigger one with my gun :D

:D

Hamid
12-08-2009, 11:36 PM
Guys and idea about Gamo airgun prices in Lahore and availability.
I had had a very long romance with Diana, I learnt marksmanship and basic gunsmitting on the poor lady. Its still with me but dont use it much now.

TAREEN
13-08-2009, 11:02 AM
@Hamid
GAMO Shadow 1000 = Rs. 17k
GAMO Shadow 640 = Rs. 12k
Both Available in the market near Neela Gumbad.

TAREEN
13-08-2009, 11:06 AM
I got a complaint from the neighbour of making a hole in their water tank,
:D Thats why I prefer concrete water tanks when practicing.

SanSyed
13-08-2009, 01:31 PM
mine iz Diana 54
floating barrel, velocity 1250 f/s
http://i655.photobucket.com/albums/uu272/sansyed/23f.jpg
Co2 Pistol
velocity 300f/s
50 fires with one Co2 cylinder
http://i655.photobucket.com/albums/uu272/sansyed/29.jpg

KageFox
13-08-2009, 02:02 PM
@Sansyed: Nice guns. I've been looking for a CO2 pistol in Karachi. Any clues?

Hamid
13-08-2009, 10:29 PM
@Hamid
GAMO Shadow 1000 = Rs. 17k
GAMO Shadow 640 = Rs. 12k
Both Available in the market near Neela Gumbad.

@Tareen Sahib, thanks a lot.

Kakar
16-08-2009, 12:47 PM
Beautiful Diana .. SanSyed

SanSyed
16-08-2009, 08:13 PM
@kagefox
bro i dont thnk co2 pistol iz available in pakistan,i search every where in Punjab.
@Kakar
bro thanxxx a lot,u 2 hv a very gud collection

KageFox
21-08-2009, 10:29 PM
Airgun people, check this out:

http://www.pyramydair.com/p/career-dragon-slayer-50-caliber-air-rifle.shtml

and tell me your eyes didn't go wide :o (unless ofcourse you already knew :lol:)

Mumar
21-08-2009, 11:50 PM
.50 cal can do it to much power

Enigmatic Desires
22-08-2009, 12:46 AM
g8.. just the weapon to take with me if I am going to persue a career as a dragon slayer

AzamAgha44
24-08-2009, 08:55 AM
Assalam u Allaikum, Airgun hunting is a serious business and requires the very best in air rifles and pellets that one can get. I started using airguns since the age of 6, and am still an airgun fan. I have kept and used Hennel (germany), BSA (UK), Diana 34 (Germany), Diana 350 Magnum, Diana 54, Weihrauch HW 77 (Germany). I have recently asked a friend to bring me Weihrach HW 90 (air spring piston).
With Diana 54, HW 77, and HW 90 doves and crows upto 70-80 yards can be shot easily if one is using good pellets, and a scope. I find Crossman Premiers and JSB Exact pellets to be excellant in high powered air rifles. If one can afford it, I would advise against wasting money as well as loosing confidence in one's abilities by getting cheap Pakistani, Chinese or other airguns below 500 $.
I regularly shoot partridges, rabits, doves with my airguns. "Pyramidair" is a useful site on net for information on latest airguns.

ay_be_why
24-08-2009, 10:07 AM
guys a question, applicable to all imported weapons: since they are usually not covered by warranty, is it a good idea to buy from another city due to a better price being offered?? like tareen bhai has provided the prices for gamo in lahore, and it is quite possible that they are more expensive in pindi/isb. so is buying from lahore in this case a practical idea, since the only reason for buying locally (ease of warranty service) is not applicable?

Thanks, and i hope i make myself clear...

MIdreesTaj
24-08-2009, 05:27 PM
and also guys do chck this wesbite:

www.straightshooters.com (http://www.straightshooters.com)

i started my life with air rifles with this great useful website...

MIdreesTaj
24-08-2009, 05:50 PM
guys a question, applicable to all imported weapons: since they are usually not covered by warranty, is it a good idea to buy from another city due to a better price being offered?? like tareen bhai has provided the prices for gamo in lahore, and it is quite possible that they are more expensive in pindi/isb. so is buying from lahore in this case a practical idea, since the only reason for buying locally (ease of warranty service) is not applicable?

Thanks, and i hope i make myself clear...

i think ay, you can buy a GAMO from anywhere you get better price on it since the Warranty thing is no more an issue.

KageFox
24-08-2009, 06:10 PM
Agha Sahib, in your experience, which are the higher-end air rifles available here, in Pakistan?

MIdreesTaj
24-08-2009, 06:20 PM
If one can afford it, I would advise against wasting money as well as loosing confidence in one's abilities by getting cheap Pakistani, Chinese or other airguns below 500 $..

Sir i dont agree with your above statement...
where there is a Weatherby to a winchester
there is also a Gamo to a Weirauch
:)
that 500 dollar is a NO RULE ;)

Denovo87
24-08-2009, 06:30 PM
If one can afford it, I would advise against wasting money as well as loosing confidence in one's abilities by getting cheap Pakistani, Chinese or other airguns below 500 $..

Sir i dont agree with your above statement...
where there is a Weatherby to a winchester
there is also a Gamo to a Weirauch
that 500 dollar is a NO RULE ;)

A moral booster to Gamo owners :)

KageFox
24-08-2009, 06:32 PM
$500 rule is, I believe, not a rule, but a guideline for those of us who can afford it. For those who can't, the Shadow 1000 will do perfectly ;)

Though I wouldn't mind someone giving me Diana 350 Magnum...... for free :lol: :P

MIdreesTaj
24-08-2009, 06:39 PM
@Denovo87 - yes becuase Weirauch owners are demoralizing Gamo shooters, and things are gettin critical :P

@KageFox - 350magnum? how about a Beeman Crow Magnum? or a Webley Patriot? if u keep out of PCP superguns :D

KageFox
24-08-2009, 07:00 PM
The wish-list keeps getting larger and larger.... When we get into the PCPs, there's the super-awesome Talon...

Airgunner.22
24-08-2009, 08:22 PM
I have a diana mod 35 1982 made. Accurate as hell. Using local pellets. Good results up to 30 yards.

But my favorite is a local one .22. This is cause i know everything about it and it fits my hand perfectly. Sure, its not that powerful, but its accurate.

My other 2 are a chinese and a Sikander 1967 model.

If i had the dough, i would go for a diana airking. Its the king truly of all airguns.

Airgunner.22
24-08-2009, 09:14 PM
What do you make of this gun?

http://www.alibaba.com/product-gs/227660153/XT206_Air_Rifle.html

And cheap ammo...

http://www.alibaba.com/product-free/10787414/Air_Rifle_Lead_Shots.html

AzamAgha44
24-08-2009, 11:17 PM
A good airgun must have attributes of accuracy and power. Whereas power is a function which is based on its design, the accuracy part has a number of variables. Some of these are gun design, quality of trigger, expertese of shooter and above all type and quality of pellets being used. since airguns lack in muzzle velocity as compared to rifles, therefore i n their case the requirement of accuracy increases manyfold and thus by implication the importance of all these variables and some more. When I say above 500 $, I mean to point towards higher end air rifles like, FWB, Weihrauch, Walthers, Theoben etc.
In my experience Diana 350 Magnum, and others of same power rating have so much of recoil that a normal man can not handle these. I for one got rid of my Diana 350 within a month because its power was useless to me as I couldnt hit anything beyond 30 yards with consistency. Diana 54 on the other hand is absolute beauty due to its recoilless operation. Similarly Weirauch HW 90 due to its air spring piston is vibration free and therefore extremely accurate yet very powerful.
If you want to knock down rabbits at 40 yards or beyond, you need power and accuracy to score head shot kills.
The best airguns in Pakistani market that I have seen are Diana 45 and thats it. I do not have any personal experience of Gamo airguns, and therefore cant comment

Mumar
24-08-2009, 11:40 PM
@Airgunner.22
DIANA (RWS ) GERMAN are pioneers in making Air Rifles Dude

Slayerjatt
25-08-2009, 01:19 AM
how much does the scope cost for a diana 1000?

blunderbuss
25-08-2009, 02:39 AM
i want to buy airgun diana 350 magnum can anyone help me in this because no gun dealer in rawalpindi/islamabad have
in his stock mostly they have gammo shahdow one is for 18000 other one is for 10000

Airgunner.22
25-08-2009, 04:49 PM
I agree 100 percent. The DIANA company is indeed the pioneer. And the 54 airking is like i said the king of air rifles.

And weihrauch, rws and diana are made by the same company i think. ANy thing german is best.

GAMO is a decent shooter. But for some reason doesn't appeal to me.

@blunderbuss: My friend you wont find that gun any where in the Pakistani market.

Mumar
25-08-2009, 06:27 PM
@ Air Gunner .22
but Diana is very expensive ...GAMO is spanish brand one but not bad at all
@ Blunderbuss.
only diana 35 is easily available here most Fire arms shopkeeper have chinese airguns

Mumar
25-08-2009, 06:28 PM
@ slayerJatt
i depends upon specification of scope and your budget no fixed rates for scope

Airgunner.22
25-08-2009, 08:26 PM
Get a tasco scope. For 2500rs or something. Any thing lesser than this is foolish as it loses its zeroing after a few shots.

Also, get a GAMO rifle. Do your home work and whatever price the shopkeeper tells, quote a 5000rs less one. Thats what a shopkeeper once told me.

SO a gamo shadow 1000 costs 16500 rs to you not 22500 as they say it does. And you absolutely can't give more than 16500rs as it would be immoral and unethical for you to do so ;P

Don't risk local guns unless you know what youre doing cause most have their sights 'jugaard'.

Slayerjatt
25-08-2009, 10:38 PM
@airgunner

thanks for the detailed reply sir. i am thinking of getting an air gun with scope until my license arrives and i can get a real gun.

blunderbuss
26-08-2009, 01:52 AM
brother airgunner.22 you break my heart when you said you wont find in pakistani market
there was one in rawalpindi gun dealer shop for 32000 but unfortunately i lost due to my negligence and somebody bought
it and he said there is no chance of 350 magnum again in market :(

Airgunner.22
26-08-2009, 05:03 AM
I am truly surprised you found it. These guns are not imported regularly so you're really lucky if you find one.

Mumar
27-08-2009, 01:03 AM
@blunderbuss
Better luck next time :D

KageFox
27-08-2009, 09:13 PM
Saw a side-lever Diana at International, 45K. The guy said it was a lifetime air rifle. Don't know the model no. though.

Hamid
27-08-2009, 11:37 PM
Saw a side-lever Diana at International, 45K. The guy said it was a lifetime air rifle. Don't know the model no. though.

I guess its model 54 which comes with floating barrel. Tareen and SanSayed have it.

Mumar
27-08-2009, 11:43 PM
@hamid
wht is this floating barrel please explain

Airgunner.22
28-08-2009, 05:02 AM
Floating barrel is a semi recoiless barrel. It is a spring powered rifle with speeds of up to 1200 fps!

Accurate and a treat to fire. Not to mention it justifies the use of a scope for airguns.

Im saving up for this one! 45000 is justified as 600 USD us what it costs abroad also.

Hamid
28-08-2009, 05:30 AM
It has a special mechanism at the base of the barrel which reduces its already non-existent recoil.

Airgunner.22
28-08-2009, 05:44 AM
So tasco scopes lose zeroing too? What then would be a good scope for my diana mod 35?

TAREEN
28-08-2009, 07:54 AM
So tasco scopes lose zeroing too?
I still want to hear it from someone's personal experience and not off the net speculation. And the reason behind it...

Denovo87
28-08-2009, 08:58 AM
I have first hand experience with tasco, its intalled on gammo shadow and have to re-adjust it now & then. Turrets got loose, just after 5-6 months of use it need full sunlight to be used clearly, even screws are so substandard cannot use supplied elen key any more.
Simply its peice of crap, will buy new one Bushnel or Leupold on my next visit to Lahore.

Mumar
28-08-2009, 05:43 PM
Bad quality manufacturing

Slayerjatt
28-08-2009, 06:24 PM
@all esteemed members

i have a chinese made air gun for a few years and it had been having problems which were unknown until today i opened it. i'll explain what i've found with a couple of pics i have taken:

http://img197.imageshack.us/img197/8434/26360103.th.jpg (http://www.postimage.org/image.php?v=aVKVIZ9)

now you see this silver square above the spring(i don't know what it is called). when i bend the barrel fully to load the gun, as i have discovered, it should lock with the trigger pulling the spring and when trigger is pulled, it shoud move forward to release the spring and fire the pellet. but the fault is that most of the times when i bend the barrel, the silver piece doesn't lock with the trigger and comes back with the barrel. here is another pic:

http://img44.imageshack.us/img44/9775/18723724.th.jpg (http://www.postimage.org/image.php?v=gx1X5g80)

i am sure there must be a simple solution to it but as i have never repaired a gun so i don't know it. waiting for help from learned members.:)

Airgunner.22
28-08-2009, 06:54 PM
Check the trigger. Also, check the part of the piston which locks with the trigger. It protrudes out of the piston. There should be a hook which interlocks with the trigger.

This is weird as i have fired thousands of rounds with my local gun and this has not happened yet. Also, ensure that there is a little spring in b/w your trigger and the metal housing. Perhaps your trigger isnt sitting right due to the lack of the spring.

Denovo87
28-08-2009, 07:07 PM
Also look for a screw on the top of cylinder (just oposite side of the trigger where your forearm is touching in the pic) if your gun has this screw try to loosen it up a bit to see if your spring locks or not. As in my Gamo I had same problem as I tighten this screw more by mistake & gun was not engaging the spring so unscrew a bit and everything got fine.

Slayerjatt
28-08-2009, 07:40 PM
thanks for the quick replies airgunner and denovo. i checked all the things as per your advice and what i have discovered is the problem is with the trigger because when i bend the barrel and the silver square doesn't lock, i just push the trigger forward a little and they are locked. so there is some problem with the trigger spring. kindly advise what to do now. thanks once again.

Airgunner.22
29-08-2009, 05:23 AM
Get a new one. It should be easy to find.

There should be a small pin right in the rear of the trigger as well as in the body, these are the two ends on which you will have to place the spring.

Good luck.

Slayerjatt
01-09-2009, 01:12 AM
thanks for the help sir. i fixed my airgun. had to adjust the spring a bit and now it's working fine. thanks once again.

Cap1
25-09-2009, 07:47 PM
Nice thread with great info! Some of my queries being a first time buyer:
Where's a good place to buy air rifle/pistol at good price in Karachi? Is Hyderabad cheaper?
Would it be cheaper to get it from abroad (e.g Dubai)? What are the formalities?
Which is the better caliber .22 or .177?
Is Gamo Shadow 1000 a good one to start off with? Purpose is target practice and teaching kids.
Hope that's not too many questions in one go? (Oops, that was another question!)

Abu Al Hawl
25-09-2009, 08:01 PM
Cap1, yes shadow is a good choice to start with. .177 is the target pellet very accu but less lethal and .22 is good for kill, so .22 can serve both.

KageFox
25-09-2009, 08:06 PM
I usually go to International Arms or Shaheen Traders in Saddar for airgun stuff. Not sure about prices in other cities, however according to Idrees Bhai, Gamo pellets are a lot cheaper in Punjab where he gets his stuff.
Don't know about Dubai, if you can manage it, you might be able to get your hands on some great stuff at lower prices compared to Pakistan.
Unless you are a die-hard target shooter looking for extreme accuracy, the .22 will do more than just fine.
Gamo Shadow 1000 is a good, fairly powerful air rifle, but if the kids are under 15-16, I'd recommend the Gamo Delta, which has lower power and recoil. Recoil from the Shadow might tire out the younger kids, plus it has a longer reach. I taught my younger cousin (10 years) to shoot on a Delta, and for a first-timer, he caught on surprisingly quickly.
No, those weren't too many... oops ;) :P

Airgunner.22
25-09-2009, 11:46 PM
Pellets are made in Punjab mostly.

.22 OWNZ!!

Cap1
26-09-2009, 08:23 AM
Thanks Abu Al Hawl & KageFox. What's the going price for Gamo Shadow 1000 and Gamo Delta?

KageFox
26-09-2009, 08:41 AM
Gamo Shadow 1000 is around 20K. Not sure about the Delta, hopefully within 10K.

Airgunner.22
26-09-2009, 09:17 AM
Delta u can get for 12000+. Quote an offer of 8500 and he will sell you at that rate.

Shadow is retailing for 22500 in KHI. Tell them that in lahore the price is 18000 rs and deals are done on 15000-17000.
Then theyll tell you that it costs them money to get it to KHI. Then offer them a price at 17500:)

Also, there is a small shop in Lucky star i just visited, they have DIANA mod 45 .22 airguns! And Clones! The name is SADDAR ARMORY.

Cap1
26-09-2009, 10:44 AM
Thanks Airgunner.22

aliadnanali
01-10-2009, 06:10 PM
I Recently Bough a Chines air gun model B3 from this forum. and i need your review about this air gun. I have also purchased the tasco scopes from Saddar and wishing to install it any body please explain me how to zero the Scope.

Thanks.

http://www.postimage.org/Ts1hgC0J.jpg (http://www.postimage.org/image.php?v=Ts1hgC0J)

http://www.kermitairgunclub.com/projects/b3guide/B-3%20guide.html#Bed-liner_stock_coating

KageFox
02-10-2009, 11:46 AM
Congrats on your purchase.

Following link will hep you out:

http://www.pakguns.com/forum/viewtopic.php?id=1585

If I may ask, how much did the Tasco cost you?

aliadnanali
02-10-2009, 12:09 PM
I Bought it Rs: 700/- From Saddr.

KageFox
02-10-2009, 11:03 PM
If you can, please post more pics of your rifle, along with the mounted scope

aliadnanali
03-10-2009, 11:33 AM
This is my Air Gun Picture and Video with Scope.

http://www.postimage.org/Ts1Ckr29.jpg (http://www.postimage.org/)

Watch Video of this Air Gun.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RdOhItBoPgw

KageFox
03-10-2009, 07:39 PM
All you airgun folks out there! While shopping or just window shopping, please keep an eye out for a Crosman 1377 pump air pistol (.177). A used one in reasonably good condition will also suffice.

If someone finds one, please contact me through this forum or email me at kagefoxos@gmail.com. Forum communication is preferred.

Cap1
04-10-2009, 02:17 PM
Ok guys, finally got the Gamo Shadow 1000 with 2-6X32 scope unbranded. Price = don't ask! It was more than I should have paid but just wanted to get it over with. I guess I was thinking of the ammo cost savings when switching from firearms to airguns :P

Special thanks to all especially KageFox, Airgunner .22 for their expert guidance.

http://i359.photobucket.com/albums/oo39/CapOnePK/IMG_1072.jpg
I strapped a Maglite torch on it for night hunts
http://i359.photobucket.com/albums/oo39/CapOnePK/IMG_1073.jpg

Without scope: Shot 7 pigeons, all were happily taken to be eaten by workers! Wouldn't have shot them unless someone was going to eat them.
With scope and flashlight: no kills just potshots at rats at night without zeroing the scope so they survived. Then zeroed it this morning (roughly), I guess I need a stable rest to zero it better. Something like the one shown in this video would be great to have:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lLirsAFpsfE&feature=related

Result after zeroing at about 12 yards. Shot # 8 & 9 on the right are from about 25 yards
http://i359.photobucket.com/albums/oo39/CapOnePK/IMG_1085.jpg

I rather underestimated the power of this gun having no recent experience with airguns. At around 15 paces (yards?) it really hurt the tree I had pinned the target to and also caused some damage to the wall behind.
http://i359.photobucket.com/albums/oo39/CapOnePK/IMG_1080.jpg
http://i359.photobucket.com/albums/oo39/CapOnePK/IMG_1081.jpg

I then used an old 1" chipboard piece, tacked a target on it and was amazed to see the pellets going right through it in about half the shots. I guess the chipboard was old and weakened by water somewhat but still it was a bit of a surprise.

Front
http://i359.photobucket.com/albums/oo39/CapOnePK/IMG_1082.jpg
Back
http://i359.photobucket.com/albums/oo39/CapOnePK/IMG_1083.jpg

Views through the scope with the night lights on
http://i359.photobucket.com/albums/oo39/CapOnePK/IMG_1076.jpg
http://i359.photobucket.com/albums/oo39/CapOnePK/IMG_1075.jpg

Denovo87
04-10-2009, 02:30 PM
Congrats Cap1, its nice air rifle you will not regret buying it.

Cap1
04-10-2009, 02:47 PM
Thanks Denovo87. Yup already loving it as I can shoot anytime at home for almost free. Great therapy for an itchy trigger finger! :)

KageFox
04-10-2009, 02:57 PM
Congrats on your new rifle. Its a good investment, you won't ever regret it. Airguns provide hours of cheap, shooting fun. Just bear in mind that ricochets can easily take an eye out, don't underestimate the power of the SHADOW :P

And the scope is great, hope it holds its zero. How much did you get the scope for, and from where? I'm really interested. Did the mounts come with the scope or did you buy 'em separately?

I must say, really cool light arrangement. Nice for night hunting!

Cap1
04-10-2009, 03:00 PM
Thanks KF. Scope is for 5K with mounts from Mustafa Enterprise the shop next to Haris.

adnan mubeen
04-10-2009, 08:12 PM
hi aliadnan could u please tell me the name of the shop from which u bought ur scope, i m really interested in buying one, very reasonable in RS 700.i m in in doubt it is 700/- or 7000/- pl confirm. pl let me know my email is

eamubeen1@gmail.com

i'll be waiting

KageFox
04-10-2009, 09:16 PM
The cheaper Chinese scopes can be easily bought in the 800 to 1500 range but in my experience, they have a tendency to lose zero after a few shots, especially if mounted on a powerful airgun. That is not to say that these scopes are worthless. If you are able, make one good investment, instead of several bad ones.

Abu Al Hawl
05-10-2009, 12:01 PM
on of my friend has gone to dubai will be coming back in 3 days so i have asked him to buy a Diana 350 Magnum + red dot Gamo scope , anxiously waiting for it.

Topak
05-10-2009, 12:29 PM
does any body know the price of Diana 35 model or any other both in 1 # an 2 # pellets ?
i called a dealer he told me that he has diana 20 model NIB in 16K..is this model good for small hunting ?

Abu Al Hawl
05-10-2009, 01:23 PM
Diana 35 is for 32k here in Karachi. where as model 20 is very very old modle may be having 600fps.

Shariq
05-10-2009, 02:00 PM
on of my friend has gone to dubai will be coming back in 3 days so i have asked him to buy a Diana 350 Magnum + red dot Gamo scope , anxiously waiting for it.
How much it will cost there?
Can u tell me its local price.

Abu Al Hawl
05-10-2009, 02:03 PM
you mean in Dubai? Diana 35 model is absolete now.

iiqbal
05-10-2009, 04:08 PM
@Cap1 Excellent things u got and happy Firing

Shariq
05-10-2009, 05:38 PM
you mean in Dubai? Diana 35 model is absolete now.
Yes in Dubai with scope.

Abu Al Hawl
05-10-2009, 06:10 PM
Shariq bro i cant get you, pls explain what model you are asking for?

Hamid
05-10-2009, 06:17 PM
Congrats Cap1, Gamo is superb gun. I have one and Im lovin it. Its power packed. But I dont have a scope. Tesco's quality is like that of chinese. Your's gives great view. Hope its available in Lahore.

KageFox
05-10-2009, 06:35 PM
To those who have a Tasco scope for your airguns, can you please post a photo of the reticule? Just like Cap1 did...

Shariq
05-10-2009, 07:06 PM
Dear AAH
A Diana 350 Magnum + red dot Gamo scope. How much it will cost in Dubai. The one you have asked your friend to bring from Dubai.

Abu Al Hawl
05-10-2009, 08:39 PM
1345 aed for 350 + 456 aed for a scope

KageFox
05-10-2009, 08:50 PM
Can people easily bring airguns from Dubai, without hassle?

Abu Al Hawl
05-10-2009, 08:52 PM
yes can, just declare and put them in your luggage.

Shariq
05-10-2009, 09:01 PM
Thanks AAH.

Abu Al Hawl
05-10-2009, 09:03 PM
alwayz at your service Brother

KageFox
05-10-2009, 09:13 PM
Do we have a Pakguns member in Dubai, who frequently visits, and would be able to bring airguns without too much inconvenience?

Abu Al Hawl
05-10-2009, 09:26 PM
kf, yeah we have PG agent there in dubai :lol: what you wnat ?

KageFox
05-10-2009, 09:41 PM
If someone can get a Crosman 1377C for about 300-400 AED, that would be great!

Its a variable-power pump action pistol. Very accurate, almost no recoil and can go upto 600fps!

farazh
06-10-2009, 09:28 AM
@Abu Al Hawl
i checked Diana 350 Magnum is for AED1345 at Alsayad Trading in Dubai. can the PG agent in dubai arrange it for me? I am in Karachi.

Abu Al Hawl
06-10-2009, 11:44 AM
Farazh bro, there are no agents of PG, my friend will be getting it for me.

farazh
06-10-2009, 04:21 PM
@Abu Al Hawl
any chance of your friend getting a diana 350 magnum for me? i will pay for cost + any expense (e.g. taxi fare). please please please

Abu Al Hawl
06-10-2009, 04:27 PM
farazh bro let me talk to him

farazh
07-10-2009, 09:35 AM
thanks Abu Al Hawl. this will be a great favor. i emailed the dealer in Dubai, Al-Sayad Hunting Equipment Trading and they said Diana Panther 350 Magnum was available for AED1345. it has black fiber stock.
Thanks again bro, inshaAllah your friend will agree.
My email is sfhaider@gmail.com.

AzamAgha44
07-10-2009, 05:24 PM
Dear Farazh, I brought a Diana 350 Magnum three years back from the same shop in Dubai, and found it to be one of the most powerful spring air rifle. But it left much to be desired in accuracy. It has so much of recoil, that not very many telescopes can take it beyond 10 fires. You would need special telescope designed for such air rifles. You can check for the same at "Pyramid Air". Secondly one of my friends and I (serious airgunners for the last 40 years), just werent able to control the recoil and as a result could not take advantage of its power beyond 20 yards. I sold it to someone and replaced it with Diana 54 Air King, which is recoil less and absolutely the most accurate air rifle that I have ever used. It has the same price and power range. Rest is upto you

Salahuddin Ayubi
07-10-2009, 08:06 PM
Here's my Gamo Shadow 1000 with a scope similar to the one Cap1 has. Same place, same price.

Bought the Shadow last month for Rs. 18.5k. The scope today for 5k from Mustafa Arms. Carry bag from Shaheen for Rs. 700.

The one in wooden stock is my younger brother's Chinese B2-4 with a Tasco scope.

http://www.postimage.org/Ts5lqo0.jpg (http://www.postimage.org/image.php?v=Ts5lqo0)

http://www.postimage.org/Ts5lRPA.jpg (http://www.postimage.org/image.php?v=Ts5lRPA)

http://www.postimage.org/Ts5lZj0.jpg (http://www.postimage.org/image.php?v=Ts5lZj0)

farazh
07-10-2009, 10:29 PM
Agha sb good point. i am just a weekend plinker, not a hunter.
would you suggest the .22 or the .25, i was thinking on the lines of which is more fun to shoot?
there is also walther falcon .25, same as the webley patriot but in synthetic stock and much cheaper, both made in turkey by hatsan. do you think it will be available in dubai?

KageFox
07-10-2009, 11:31 PM
@SA: Does the front sight come in field of view of the scope?

Salahuddin Ayubi
08-10-2009, 11:27 AM
@SA: Does the front sight come in field of view of the scope?

For SHADOW: If I'm focusing on something closer than 10 yards, then a little. But if I'm focusing on something beyond, then it's not visible. However, practically speaking it has not obstructed and hampered my aiming.

For Chinese airgun, the front sight originally had that 'gola' thing around it with some height and it surely was obstructing the view, therefore, I simply cut the gola off with a paper cutter and now in that gun too, the field view is clear.

zargham
08-10-2009, 01:05 PM
Asslamoalikum tell about 9mm pistol.

Salahuddin Ayubi
08-10-2009, 01:10 PM
Asslamoalikum tell about 9mm pistol.

Zargham, your'e in the wrong place. Go to Handguns forum and put a more detailed questions there.

farazh
08-10-2009, 03:22 PM
Agha sb, you are right the diana 54 seems to be the best spring aigun around, how much did you buy the diana 54 for? i am afraid it may fall out of my range.

Cap1
08-10-2009, 07:52 PM
Thanks iiqbal ad Hamid for appreciating.
@KF & SA: In my case too the front sight does show a bit through the scope but very blurred. Its easy to ignore it and focus on the target. I had strapped a torch to it too and was confused why the scope would show a big white spot in the middle at night when the torch was on. Finally figured out it was reflected from the rear sight. So now I moved the torch to the left side and it works well with the scope.
No night kills yet though :(

Salahuddin Ayubi
08-10-2009, 08:56 PM
@ Cap1,

I also have the same maglite that you have but also have a very small finger size straight thin maglite torch which takes a single AAA battery. It came in combo and purchased it from Naheed, Shaheed-e-Millat.

Last night, after seeing your snap, I simply attached that small maglite using rubberbands on the barrel of my Shadow. Excellent result. Straight and gives great result through scope in a pitch dark room. As for the light's power, I don't have to tell you about the performance of MagLite. You already know it. Next, I'll be getting myself some decent strap for this li'll MagLite.

Cap1
08-10-2009, 09:18 PM
Hey that's cool. I was thinking of exactly the same small MagLite as the big one is rather heavy. I won't use the cliche about great minds!

adnan mubeen
08-10-2009, 11:06 PM
fellows
can anyone clarify that if i bring a diana 350 magnum from dubai then have i to pay the duty at airport? if yes than at what rate?

Salahuddin Ayubi
08-10-2009, 11:13 PM

Tell me something Cap1. From you snaps I see that you've placed your scope way ahead. Just a question, are you able to get a clear and full field of view while your cheek is on the cheek piece?

In my case, I had to put it where it is in my snap to get a clear full view while my cheek was on the cheek piece.

9mm Luger
09-10-2009, 07:55 PM
can you tell me if Gamo shadow 1000 is a good gun and the cost etc?

sorry i am kinda looking into buying one the last i had was20 yrs back and a chinese one and dont have any updated info as such!!

KageFox
09-10-2009, 08:28 PM
The Shadow 1000 is great! Many people, including me, have bought this one, and are perfectly satisfied. The Shadow does well in the power department, and can easily deliver hits at 50yards. Bear in mind that if you are looking for a match target gun, this gun may not be the best choice. Though at least for me, this gun is more accurate than I can shoot.

Fibre Optic sights offer a nice sight picture, especially if the sun is behind you. Cocking the gun is not very strenuous. It has a trigger safety. Have been feeding it a steady diet of Gamo Match and Pro Magnum pellet, since I got it in June 2008. Price at that time was around 18K, today's prices may be around 20-21K.

My experience with Gamo rifles and pellets has been great. You won't regret getting one...

9mm Luger
09-10-2009, 09:09 PM
thanks KG for the info... 20-21k hmmmm lemme think over it and maybe i might just get it!!

Also have you got any info on Gamo shadow viper? is that available in pakistan annd is it true that you dont need any license etc to bring one from abroad??

KageFox
09-10-2009, 09:34 PM
The other day, a member mentioned the availability of this one in Karachi. I haven't been to the market in quite a while. So no idea about this one, though I doubt it is too much different from the Shadow 1000 as far as we are concerned.

I don't believe you need a license to bring an airgun from abroad, but with the tension and the security these days, most will be reluctant in bringing something like this...

Cap1
10-10-2009, 11:28 AM
:)ne

Tell me something Cap1. From you snaps I see that you've placed your scope way ahead. Just a question, are you able to get a clear and full field of view while your cheek is on the cheek piece?

In my case, I had to put it where it is in my snap to get a clear full view while my cheek was on the cheek piece.
It works for me, frankly didn't think of trying to mount it further back. First time trying out this stuff. Luckily wasn't as bad as this guy ;)
http://www.chuckhawks.com/mount_telescope_rifle.htm

Salahuddin Ayubi
10-10-2009, 11:36 AM
Yesterday tested my Shadow at 60 yard target. Hit an 18 inch by 6 inch target consistently 8/10 times using Pro Magum pellets. I had zeroed-in my Shadow at 25 yards. Therefore had to make an adjustment by aiming around 18 inches higher than the target. There was no cross wind as I was shooting in wind direction.

I reckon, with an 18 inch adjustment being required (shooting in-wind) at 60 yards, then that's pretty much its effective range.

KageFox
11-10-2009, 08:09 PM
Today, I had a lot of time to kill and I realized I hadn't yet photographed and posted pictures of my beloved Shadow 1000. So, here goes...

http://i710.photobucket.com/albums/ww103/KageFoxOS/DSC05380.jpg

http://i710.photobucket.com/albums/ww103/KageFoxOS/DSC05382.jpg

http://i710.photobucket.com/albums/ww103/KageFoxOS/DSC05383.jpg

http://i710.photobucket.com/albums/ww103/KageFoxOS/DSC05400.jpg

http://i710.photobucket.com/albums/ww103/KageFoxOS/DSC05410.jpg

http://i710.photobucket.com/albums/ww103/KageFoxOS/DSC05421.jpg

http://i710.photobucket.com/albums/ww103/KageFoxOS/DSC05428.jpg

http://i710.photobucket.com/albums/ww103/KageFoxOS/DSC05430.jpg

http://i710.photobucket.com/albums/ww103/KageFoxOS/DSC05445.jpg

http://i710.photobucket.com/albums/ww103/KageFoxOS/DSC05447.jpg

http://i710.photobucket.com/albums/ww103/KageFoxOS/DSC05448.jpg

http://i710.photobucket.com/albums/ww103/KageFoxOS/DSC05449.jpg

http://i710.photobucket.com/albums/ww103/KageFoxOS/DSC05461.jpg

http://i710.photobucket.com/albums/ww103/KageFoxOS/DSC05462.jpg

http://i710.photobucket.com/albums/ww103/KageFoxOS/DSC05467.jpg

http://i710.photobucket.com/albums/ww103/KageFoxOS/DSC05485.jpg

http://i710.photobucket.com/albums/ww103/KageFoxOS/P1000647.jpg

http://i710.photobucket.com/albums/ww103/KageFoxOS/P1000648.jpg

Hope you like 'em.

Now for some photography details. Most of the photos (except 2 with the scope reticule, those were taken with my Panasonic point-and-shoot) were taken with my DSLR, Sony a100. All close up shots were taken with a 50mm macro lens, others with an 18-70mm lens. Most of the photos were taken in natural light, a few with the pop-up flash. Throughout, a monopod was used for better stability.

By the way, the poor cat in the field of scope sight was incidental, gun was loaded and trigger safety applied.

Enjoy!

Salahuddin Ayubi
12-10-2009, 09:19 AM
Very good photography KageFox. Kudos.

khakiMB
12-10-2009, 03:55 PM
@Tareen,

The Diana 54 is a nice one.

KMB

SilkenKage?
13-10-2009, 12:37 AM
dear all,

am from karachi...any one tell me about imported air gun. avilable....please mention minimum price of gun, match, pro magnum....

Slayerjatt
13-10-2009, 01:53 AM
i bought gamo cadet delta yesterday from al-sayyad in dubai. shadow is simply too powerful and i didn't want that much power nor wanted to spend so much on an airgun so got the gamo cadet. will post pics soon.

Salahuddin Ayubi
13-10-2009, 12:59 PM
dear all,

am from karachi...any one tell me about imported air gun. avilable....please mention minimum price of gun, match, pro magnum....

Gamo Cadet: 16/17k
Gamo Shadow: 19.5/20k

Gamo Match pellets box: 250/300
Gamo Magnum pro pellet box: 400/450

Go to Mainsfield street behind Lucky Star and look around.

Naveed_pk
13-10-2009, 01:09 PM
Superb Very good photography KageFox

Slayerjatt
13-10-2009, 01:38 PM
gamo cadet cost me 400 AED here. that's alsmost half the price in pakistan.

KageFox
13-10-2009, 01:56 PM
@Slayerjutt: Please let us know if you had any problems getting the airgun through the airport officials.

Slayerjatt
13-10-2009, 02:28 PM
@kf

bro it won't be a problem INSHAALLAH because it will be in my booked baggage. got one gamo pro magnum pellets 250 pack free and bought another for 15 AED.

Naveed_pk
13-10-2009, 02:35 PM
@sj can u check the price of Gamo shadow....if its also half from Pakistan...then i can pay u...bring it one for me :)

KageFox
13-10-2009, 02:41 PM
@Slayerjutt: Did you see any good air pistols around?

Slayerjatt
14-10-2009, 03:19 AM
yes kf there were many but all were co2 powered in case you are looking for the air power one.,

TAREEN
14-10-2009, 07:48 AM
@Tareen, The Diana 54 is a nice one.
It sure is. I got a chance to shoot Diana 54 and Shadow 1000 simultaneously a few days back and I felt a huge difference in every aspect, looks, handling, feel, hitting thug, and most of all pleasure of holding a proper rifle.

As per calculations, they may have same velocity, but that ends there. The difference is is like diving an Indus made Corolla 1.8 & C180 or BMW 318. They may have same engine capacity and dimensions and even top speed but the FEEEEL is something else.

TAREEN
14-10-2009, 07:53 AM
@sj can u check the price of Gamo shadow....if its also half from Pakistan...then i can pay u...bring it one for me :)
Got a chance to talk to the guy @ Al Sayyad a few day back regarding an inquiry for airgun for a friend who eventually got Diana 35 from them, the prices of airguns in Dubai are about 25% less (in general) as compared to Pakistan. But more important is variety & availability in one place. Sometimes its worth bringing in stuff from there if weight & hassle is not an issue.

TAREEN
14-10-2009, 10:02 AM
Here are the contact details of the famous Al Sayad in Dubai dealing in hunting & camping equipment:
http://www.uaeshops.com/media/shops/950/
Ignore the web link as its just for sale domain name.

aliadnanali
14-10-2009, 12:06 PM
Dear Friends, Nice to see your interest in air power i want to get an idea from all friends i was interested to buy a air gun a friend of mine have an old air gun "Diana 28" it is in very use condition please advice me should i buy this air gun and what price should be the best to pay him.

Thanks.

Sohail Waheed
14-10-2009, 12:34 PM
Jutt sb,very attractive price. Kindly mention when are you coming back so that i came to know about the procedure of taking this gun with you as one of my close friend is coming from dubai on 23 of this month. Also mention that is this a normal price or some kind of promotion etc...

Slayerjatt
14-10-2009, 02:39 PM
@swaheed

sir i'll certainly mention the procedure if any and it's the normal price. gamo shadow was for 800 AED and diana 21 in wood was for 500 AED.

Sohail Waheed
14-10-2009, 02:42 PM
Kindly post the pics of your purchased toy if you can and also mention when are you coming back?

Slayerjatt
14-10-2009, 02:49 PM
sir i really wanna share the pics with pg brothers but the issue is i forgot my camera's data cable at home so can't share it otherwise one aspect of being a member of pg family is whenever you buy something you just can't wait to snap it and post pics here because you know there are people out there who understand and value your passion.:)

ARMAGEDDON
14-10-2009, 08:48 PM
SJ, hi, did you bring any og Airf rifles recently from Dubai, because i wanted to have one so called dubai customs and the simply said that they will not allow andthey will distroy it.

Slayerjatt
14-10-2009, 10:08 PM
i don't think that will be a problem. asked the guy at the shop he said it isn't a problem.

KageFox
14-10-2009, 10:21 PM
Inshallah, you'll easily get through...

ARMAGEDDON
14-10-2009, 10:26 PM
sj, i even asked that guy, but you know ARBABI CUSTOM, i called the dubai customs and the simply refused so who is gonna take risk at the airport!!!

SilkenKage?
14-10-2009, 11:56 PM
@Salahuddin Ayubi,

thanks....

ARMAGEDDON
15-10-2009, 11:32 AM
SJ, becareful bro, you can read my advise.

Naveed_pk
15-10-2009, 11:44 AM
Bought Gamo Shadow 1000 @ 18 k....

ARMAGEDDON
15-10-2009, 12:13 PM
Naveed when did you buy it ?

Naveed_pk
15-10-2009, 12:15 PM
i bought it yesterday...i will post the pics...in a few mins

Sohail Waheed
15-10-2009, 12:58 PM
Very quick naveed bhai.
I am also waiting for SJ to come so that after his experience i will arrange mine from dubai.

Sensei
16-10-2009, 10:15 AM
@Kagefox your gun is superb no doubt but I am very impressed
by your photography,very beautiful pics & excellent ground of
net cloth giving a professional touch,very well done KF :cool:

KageFox
16-10-2009, 11:25 AM
After guns, photography is my major interest :)

Naveed_pk
16-10-2009, 11:30 AM
Pics Of My New Shadow..Bought @ 18 k

http://www.postimage.org/Ts1TnPei.jpg (http://www.postimage.org/)

http://www.postimage.org/Ts1TsfBi.jpg (http://www.postimage.org/)

http://www.postimage.org/Ts1TtVmi.jpg (http://www.postimage.org/)

KageFox
16-10-2009, 11:40 AM
Nice to see your gun in the Air Power thread... You got a really good deal

Naveed_pk
16-10-2009, 11:44 AM
Thanx Kage fox...Plz Suggest me any scope for this..and price also...

ARMAGEDDON
16-10-2009, 11:47 AM
buy which ever scope you like but the mount is more important, mount is the main cause of loosing zero.

Naveed_pk
16-10-2009, 11:50 AM
+1 Armagedon...u r right bro...Now plz suggest me the both...mounts and Scope too

KageFox
16-10-2009, 11:57 AM
Get a scope and mounts online if you can. Better quality and cheaper, compared to scopes normally available here. My scope was a gift from an uncle (who had it in storage for quite a while). I mounted and zeroed it, but I really do not fully enjoy shooting my rifle with it. Btw, my scope is 4x20, mounts came from another, broken 4x20, as the originals were not high enough to fit on the Shadow 1000.

ARMAGEDDON
16-10-2009, 12:01 PM
naveed, bro i would say that go to a dealer and make a bond with him that you would buy a mount from him which should not loose zero even after 150 shots, if he agrees then you buy the same but dont buy a chinese one you know they go loose and their thread and screws are substandard, i think a good mount will cost you around 5k

Salahuddin Ayubi
16-10-2009, 12:05 PM
@Naveed,

Firstly, welcome to the GAMO Club. I bought mine last month.

Regarding Scope, I went for a chinese Bushnell scope costed me 5k from Mustafa Arms Lucky Star Karachi while the mounts cost me 1.5k. The scope's very good for upto 60 yards shots. However, you have to be careful when going for mounts. Like the brother above said, check before you buy.

For pics of my scope and KF's scope, scan through some previous pages of this thread. KF's scope also cost 5k from the same shop.

ARMAGEDDON
16-10-2009, 12:19 PM
keeping in mind while you use rifle never touch or let your scope touch any object this is the main reason it looses the alignment, hence apply a strip of sealant on the rails so when you tighten the screws and when sealant will dry it will support no jerk or loosing.

Naveed_pk
16-10-2009, 12:25 PM
Thanx a lot bros ...for u keen advice

KageFox
16-10-2009, 12:42 PM
@SA: bro, my poor scope wasn't that expensive! I had a similar model (springs broke) before, got it for only Rs 900, 2-3 years ago!!! This one was, as I mentioned, a gift, but I'm dead sure it didn't cost 5K.

Absolutely right about the mounts, on powerful guns like the Shadow, mounts should be able to be sufficiently tightened to remove chances of slippage and zero shift.

Salahuddin Ayubi
16-10-2009, 01:59 PM
@SA: bro, my poor scope wasn't that expensive! I had a similar model (springs broke) before, got it for only Rs 900, 2-3 years ago!!! This one was, as I mentioned, a gift, but I'm dead sure it didn't cost 5K.

Absolutely right about the mounts, on powerful guns like the Shadow, mounts should be able to be sufficiently tightened to remove chances of slippage and zero shift.

Oh ok. Maybe it was some other member who bought the scope for 5k from Mustafa and I mixed you up with him.

Salahuddin Ayubi
16-10-2009, 02:25 PM
Ok guys, finally got the Gamo Shadow 1000 with 2-6X32 scope unbranded. Price = don't ask! It was more than I should have paid but just wanted to get it over with. I guess I was thinking of the ammo cost savings when switching from firearms to airguns :P

Special thanks to all especially KageFox, Airgunner .22 for their expert guidance.

http://i359.photobucket.com/albums/oo39/CapOnePK/IMG_1072.jpg
I strapped a Maglite torch on it for night hunts
http://i359.photobucket.com/albums/oo39/CapOnePK/IMG_1073.jpg

Without scope: Shot 7 pigeons, all were happily taken to be eaten by workers! Wouldn't have shot them unless someone was going to eat them.
With scope and flashlight: no kills just potshots at rats at night without zeroing the scope so they survived. Then zeroed it this morning (roughly), I guess I need a stable rest to zero it better. Something like the one shown in this video would be great to have:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lLirsAFpsfE&feature=related

Result after zeroing at about 12 yards. Shot # 8 & 9 on the right are from about 25 yards
http://i359.photobucket.com/albums/oo39/CapOnePK/IMG_1085.jpg

I rather underestimated the power of this gun having no recent experience with airguns. At around 15 paces (yards?) it really hurt the tree I had pinned the target to and also caused some damage to the wall behind.
http://i359.photobucket.com/albums/oo39/CapOnePK/IMG_1080.jpg
http://i359.photobucket.com/albums/oo39/CapOnePK/IMG_1081.jpg

I then used an old 1" chipboard piece, tacked a target on it and was amazed to see the pellets going right through it in about half the shots. I guess the chipboard was old and weakened by water somewhat but still it was a bit of a surprise.

Front
http://i359.photobucket.com/albums/oo39/CapOnePK/IMG_1082.jpg
Back
http://i359.photobucket.com/albums/oo39/CapOnePK/IMG_1083.jpg

Views through the scope with the night lights on
http://i359.photobucket.com/albums/oo39/CapOnePK/IMG_1076.jpg
http://i359.photobucket.com/albums/oo39/CapOnePK/IMG_1075.jpg

KAGEFOX

It was Cap1 actually who also got the scope from the same place as I did.

KageFox
16-10-2009, 03:55 PM
Is it an illuminated reticule scope, or the light effects were just for the photos?

Sensei
17-10-2009, 02:08 AM
Kagefox brother need your feed back are these airguns/rifles
prohibited?Dear please try to explain in little details for availability and etc I would be greatful to you :)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A2SqGcdUJR8&feature=related

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EZuVhFevwUg&NR=1&feature=fvwp

Cap1
17-10-2009, 07:07 AM
Is it an illuminated reticule scope, or the light effects were just for the photos?
It's illuminated. turn the dial one way and you get green and the other way gets you red. Adjustable to about 5 levels of brightness.
I think I might be having the same problem of losing zero as after some time it seems to be shooting higher than the cross hairs at about 50yds.
@KF good photography. What would be really cool is an airgun with scope, torch, red dot and video camera - definite You Tube hit!

KageFox
17-10-2009, 12:59 PM
@Sensei: Sorry, clue about the availability of these beautiful big bores. Technically, they are airguns (PCPs) but their large caliber might raise more than a few eyebrows. As far as I know, there are few (IF ANY AT ALL) PCPs available in Pakistan, let alone big bores. Maybe one day...

Sensei
17-10-2009, 02:58 PM
Ok thanks buddy :)

Sensei
17-10-2009, 08:09 PM
www.pomona-airguns.com/AATX.htm (http://www.pomona-airguns.com/AATX.htm)

@Kagefox my dear I believe you also have excellent knowledge of Airguns ,would you plz check above link and back with some insight :)

SilkenKage?
17-10-2009, 08:54 PM
@all
wht's price of Gamo Shadow 1000 with scope...[

KageFox
17-10-2009, 09:25 PM
Thanks for the link, I had already read a review of this rifle in a UK airguns magazine...

The Air Arms TX200 is an underlever air rifle, as can be seen. In the review, its stock was robust enough to be dubbed "bombproof".

Don't think its available here though...

Sensei
17-10-2009, 09:46 PM
@Kagefox thanks for reply it means we have limited options
for Airguns?seems Gamo shadow 1000 is the best selling one here inPakistan what woud you suggest other than Gamo as second and third best options, also tell me that is there any
good underlever air gun available in Karachi bazar,your reply
would be a kind of great assistance for those who wants to purchase any good airgun icluding me, kindly include brother
Asifsheikh`s question too :)

SilkenKage?
18-10-2009, 12:07 AM
@sensei,
thnks bro...repeat my question with details......

KageFox
18-10-2009, 12:44 AM
@Sensei: Well sir, my exposure apart from Gamo is not much. The only underlevers available here are Chinese. I've also seen a Turkish airgun. If you can afford one, get a Diana side-lever, priced around 40K.

If you are an airgun enthusiast, not looking to spend much more than 20K, I suggest you take a hard look at the Gamo offerings, particularly the Shadow 1000, as they are, I believe, the best in their respective price ranges (compared to similar guns available here).

Bros, price for Shadow 1000 should be around 20K, +/- 2K. Scope... now here is a tricky matter. If you go through the posts above, 2 of the members got a 5K scope, however, in post 204, Cap1 mentions that his scope might be losing zero. If you can, I suggest you get an airgun-specific scope online.

Any further queries, please bring them on, I'll be happy to answer to the best of my knowledge.

Sensei
18-10-2009, 12:58 AM
Hmmmm,well thanks Kagefox for reply in nice detail I will surely
ask for your advise when I will reach to final thanks agin :)

KageFox
18-10-2009, 01:09 AM
Btw, forgot to mention in my post. International Arms, Saddar used to have, what I remember, a Diana Model 34 Panther, polymer stock. Its power rating is about the same as the Shadow, but being a Diana, its more expensive.

Sensei
18-10-2009, 02:30 AM
Thanks KF the said one is really beautiful :cool:

SilkenKage?
18-10-2009, 03:48 AM
thnks Kagefox, kagefox and sensei tell me your e.mail add....

Dr Hanif Malik
18-10-2009, 05:42 AM
@ good discussion of airguns i like too.

KageFox
18-10-2009, 09:49 AM
email: kagefoxos@gmail.com. Just keep in mind that I don't check them too often, so if you send something via email that requires my attention, please inform me via this forum that you have dropped me a mail.

Thanks

SilkenKage?
18-10-2009, 11:18 AM
@Kagfox,
ok bro...thnks

Sensei
18-10-2009, 01:09 PM
@Dr.Haneef thanks for liking well I have seen your very informative discussion regarding Sargodha airguns as well
and you will be our next target soon :D

Dr Hanif Malik
18-10-2009, 06:45 PM
most well come

KageFox
18-10-2009, 11:43 PM
Dr Sahib, can one get custom made Pre-Compressed Pneumatics (PCPs) from Sargodha, or do they only make spring break-barrel air rifles?

If you have some, could you post a few snaps of the Sargodha guns?

Slayerjatt
19-10-2009, 12:05 AM
silencer for gamo cadet:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dd4XyS2J2AY&feature=related

Slayerjatt
19-10-2009, 07:46 PM
finally i am back to pakistan and there was absolutely no problem in bringing the gamo cadet i bought. the customs guy asked me to open the box, asked for the original receipt to check the place of purchase, told me to get it wrapped(cost=15 AED) and inquired whether i was carrying the pallets in hand carry or booked luggage and he was satisfied when i told him that they are in booked luggage and so would be the gun. i'll post the pics soon.

KageFox
19-10-2009, 08:05 PM
Nice to hear your rifle made it here, safe and sound. Will be awaiting the pics...

Denovo87
19-10-2009, 09:19 PM
Good news for airgun enthusiasts, I emailed AIRGUNDEPOT.COM and got their very promissing reply, so friends check with them if you want to buy air rifle or anything related to, below is the reply I got,

" Hello,

Our international customers are responsible for understanding and following the laws and regulations of the area they wish to ship to. We will not be responsible if the shipment is held by customs.

If you have determined that the items you wish to buy are allowed to be shipped to as well as used in your area, you can simply place the order through our website, which will calculate shipping automatically.

Sincerely,

Steve Glauser
Airgun Depot Customer Care

Check out our new airgun videos at http://www.airgundepot.com/airgun-video-reviews.html "

KageFox
19-10-2009, 09:47 PM
Looks like good news for airgun enthusiasts... hopefully the customs at our end won't cause problems. We should try first with something small, like pellets or a small, cheap air pistol.

Dr Hanif Malik
19-10-2009, 10:29 PM
@denovo fery informative link thanks

Denovo87
19-10-2009, 10:44 PM
I don't think customs will have any problem with import but how much duty they impose; I am not very optimistic on that.

KageFox
19-10-2009, 11:05 PM
Can any shipping/ customs guy let us know what kind of duty can one expect to pay on items such as airguns, what percentage, etc?

Naveed_pk
20-10-2009, 11:32 AM
Congrats Slayer...And welcome Back to Pakistan... waiting for the pics and ure experience with it

Sensei
20-10-2009, 10:41 PM
@Denovo dear very well done it is a kind of real assistance and this is also great to visit the site you provided very nice thank alots :) @slayer hope soon you will be here and surely will share your experiences with us :)

Slayerjatt
21-10-2009, 12:22 AM
kindly check this link for my experience and pics of my gamo cadet:

http://www.pakguns.com/forum/viewtopic.php?id=2826

Salahuddin Ayubi
21-10-2009, 12:34 PM
FOR PG AIRGUNNERS

How do I sight-in a Gamo Shadow 1000?

Step by step instructions on how to sight-in your air rifle http://www.pyramydair.com/site/articles/

What range should I sight-in?

I would need the pellet you're using and the MV of your rifle with that pellet to give you a more exact range. But, I do have the chronograph numbers for another Gamo Shadow(880fps) shooting Crosman Premiers(7.9gr)

Using an airgun ballistics calculator and the numbers I have. If you sight-in at 42 yards, you will be 1/2in low at 8 yards, dead on at 14, 1/2in high at 28 yards, then 1/2in low again at 48 yards. This gives you a very flat trajectory, with very little holdover/under to worry about(1/2in) out to the effective limit(small game hunting) of your rifle.

How much does a slight wind effect accuracy?

The greater the range, the greater the wind, etc, etc, the greater the effect, but generally speaking a slight wind at 50ft isn't going to have much of an effect in your case.

Does shooting at a down/up angle have an effect?

It does, but in the practical use of most airguns this isn't generally going to be something you need to concern yourself with.

KageFox
21-10-2009, 01:45 PM
Just checked. Pyramyd Air charges quite a high amount for "Shipping & Handling" to Pakistan. A $101 shipping charge on a $70 item. Sheesh!

KageFox
21-10-2009, 02:00 PM
And Airgundepot.com... they don't even have Pakistan listed...

saudghaus
21-10-2009, 03:50 PM
hey guys,

im a newbie here so bear with me. i wanted to get a good airgun to improve my aim. was looking for something accurate as well as durable. my budget is around 15k. just wanted to ask, can i get a gamo or diana in this range? which is better in your opinion? and do u have any recommendations as to where i should i get it from? any particular shop that's reliable, etc.

also, would a locally made airgun be good enough (not to mention cheaper)?

KageFox
21-10-2009, 03:59 PM
Welcome to Pakguns!

I guess you could get a Gamo Delta, Shadow 640 or Cadet in your budget. Diana is too pricey, so that option is out. Look for Turkish airguns, there are a couple of good ones around. I've had a bad experience with Chinese airguns. Never used local before.

Get a Delta. Moderate power, a very good rifle for a starter, quite accurate. I used to have one, before I upgraded to a Shadow 1000.

saudghaus
21-10-2009, 04:25 PM
thanks for the advice bro. will have a look around saddar for them.

KageFox
21-10-2009, 05:29 PM
Try International Arms, I have always bought airgun stuff from there...

Salahuddin Ayubi
21-10-2009, 08:03 PM
hey guys,

im a newbie here so bear with me. i wanted to get a good airgun to improve my aim. was looking for something accurate as well as durable. my budget is around 15k. just wanted to ask, can i get a gamo or diana in this range? which is better in your opinion? and do u have any recommendations as to where i should i get it from? any particular shop that's reliable, etc.

I have two air rifles:

1. Gamo Shadow 1000 .22 caliber - bought end of August, shot approx 200 pellets. Velocity: 722fps

2. Chinese B2-4 .22 caliber - bought beginning of August, shot approx 500 pellets. Velocity: 450~fps.

Both the guns are in 'IMMACULATE' / as good as new condition and both have their original box and books intact. Both also come with complimentary rifle carry bags, which separately cost not less than Rs. 800 each.

PRICE (Non-negotiable):

1. GAMO Shadow 1000 (Without Scope but with carry bag): Rs. 18,000/- (Market Price - New: 20,000/-)

2. Chinese B2-4 (Without Scope but with carry bag): Rs. 3,500/- (Market Price - New: 4,500/-)

PICS: (sorry for the bad quality)

http://s1.postimage.org/oz7WA.jpg (http://www.postimage.org/image.php?v=gxoz7WA)

It is a take-it-or-leave-it offering. No negotiation. And do not ask if the scopes are for sale, because they are not.

Regards

Dr Hanif Malik
22-10-2009, 09:03 AM
hey guys,

I have two air rifles:
sir have you an other gamo air gun
1. Gamo Shadow 1000 .22 caliber - bought end of August, shot approx 200 pellets. Velocity: 722fps

2. Chinese B2-4 .22 caliber - bought beginning of August, shot approx 500 pellets. Velocity: 450~fps.

Both the guns are in 'IMMACULATE' / as good as new condition and both have their original box and books intact. Both also come with complimentary rifle carry bags, which separately cost not less than Rs. 800 each.

PRICE (Non-negotiable):

1. GAMO Shadow 1000 (Without Scope but with carry bag): Rs. 18,000/- (Market Price - New: 20,000/-)

2. Chinese B2-4 (Without Scope but with carry bag): Rs. 3,500/- (Market Price - New: 4,500/-)

PICS: (sorry for the bad quality)

http://s1.postimage.org/oz7WA.jpg (http://www.postimage.org/image.php?v=gxoz7WA)

It is a take-it-or-leave-it offering. No negotiation. And do not ask if the scopes are for sale, because they are not.

Regards

Dr Hanif Malik
22-10-2009, 09:06 AM
sorry ,have you another air gun .

Cap1
22-10-2009, 09:12 AM
I've been careless and broke half of the front fiber optic bead on my Gamo Shadow 1000. :/ Can I get a replacement from somewhere in Karachi? Cost?
http://i359.photobucket.com/albums/oo39/CapOnePK/IMG_1111.jpg

KageFox
22-10-2009, 10:36 AM
Air gun spare parts are hard to come by here. Ask around at International, I think I saw some kinds of sights there. Also try online, it'll be cheaper.

Cap1
22-10-2009, 10:41 AM
Thanks KF!

Salahuddin Ayubi
22-10-2009, 11:08 AM
Is it effecting the illumination level of existing fibre optic as visible during day and night?

KageFox
22-10-2009, 11:22 AM
Physics says that less illumination, as less light is absorbed, due to reduction in surface area exposed to light.

In any case, if not repaired, the other half could fall out...

Dr Hanif Malik
22-10-2009, 07:21 PM
gamo ls more fencey then durable ,extra care is required to prevent airgun from any damage.

Glocky
22-10-2009, 08:02 PM
Physics says that less illumination, as less light is absorbed, due to reduction in surface area exposed to light.

In any case, if not repaired, the other half could fall out...

Interesting argument, you do have a valid point. But since only the end of the Fiber optic is actually viewed by the shooter might not make much difference in actuality.