PDA

View Full Version : .22 and .177 Air Rifle Pellets

Mumar
08-08-2009, 09:42 PM
assalam-o-alikum members
any one has imported .22 and .177 air rifle pellet . i visited arms dealer today most of them have Pakistani pellet which are not balanced,defective & and only .22 pellets are available here not .177 ......please let me know if any one knows from where i can get better quality pellets in limited budget ....

Regards

KageFox
08-08-2009, 09:53 PM
If you don't mind paying Rs 350-450 per tin of 250 .22 Pellets, International Arms in Saddar has Gamo Match and Gamo Pro Magnum. I'm sure you can also find some Diana pellets there. Don't really know about .177; ask him, or Shaheen Traders across.

Mumar
08-08-2009, 10:14 PM
assalam-o-alikum Kage fox

Thnz for the information .....please tell me the location of International Arms in sadder.is it in Jabbar plaza where pioneer ,al haris fire arms dealers are ..... i will check it out...
i am very much interested in buyin imported pellet as some my friend told me not to use local pellet on imported air rifle .. like GAMO ,Webley .... they damage the barrel .. is it correct ? i am new so donot know much about weapons please guide... went to pioneer he said local are good
he had Britsh Pellet and was selling 500pellet for Rs1200... please advice and help will be grateful.
regards
mumar

Ka_Khan
08-08-2009, 10:57 PM
Some Iranian and Afghan pillets are available in Peshawar.

KageFox
08-08-2009, 11:05 PM
Only got local pellets once, a long time ago. A box of 500 .177 pellets, about every 10th deformed. Jammed often in my Daisy Powerline 880 pump. You get what you pay for. Don't know about barrel damage. Honestly, I would pass over local pellets even if I got them for free. So, no to local pellets.

International Arms is in the same line as Haris Traders, just a bit further down the street. Good prices, me and my father have bought all our air rifles and pellets from there. Usually gives a discount if you buy a number of pellet tins.

Rs. 1200 per 500 translates to Rs. 600 per tin of 250 pellets, which I feel is overkill, unless the prices really rose since I last got my pellet supply. Were these British pellets flat-head, round head or pointed?

(The following only relates to .22 pellets)
I've been shooting nothing but Gamo MATCH and Gamo PRO MAGNUM through my Shadow 1000 since I got it last year. Have fired ~1000-1500 and they perform flawlessly. The MATCH is flat head, the PRO MAGNUM is a jacketed, pointy pellet. PRO MAGNUMS usually cost around Rs. 100 more than MATCH per tin. They have greater penetration as well. Btw, Gamo is a Spanish brand.

If you have the budget, don't go for local, and consider Gamo pellets instead. RWS (Diana) pellets are also available, but they are on the more expensive side.

Anyway, if you don't mind, which air guns do you use?

Mumar
09-08-2009, 12:50 AM
assalam-o-alikum kagefox

i have Webley &Scott with interchangable barrels .177 and .22 .... Webley&Scott is british....
that y i dont want to use local pellets....thank you for information .does Al haris offers a bit high rates in weapons i have noticed that when i went to buy a Chinese Air Rifle .22 cal fixed barrel..
Those British pellets were round head made for target practice Right?....Reference to Afghani pellet have u used? i would prefer GAMO over local pellets..can i get a box of 250pellets? GAMO pellets... i dont need magnum .....i just need for target practice at my backyard...i have budget of around of 500 for 250 pellet box...await your reply...

Mumar
09-08-2009, 12:52 AM
@ Ka_Khan
First of all Congrats on becoming Moderator....
Ka_Khan poineer arms showed me those Afghani pellet they are pointed nose + plus flaws... that y insisting on Branded ....

KageFox
09-08-2009, 12:56 AM
Yes, round-heads are for general and target shooting, though the price you mentioned is quite high.

Given your requirements, I feel that the Gamo MATCH .22 (at Rs. 350 per tin of 250 pellets) would be an excellent choice. Don't know about Afghani pellets but used to use pointed Irani pellets (red & yellow plastic box) some time ago until they stopped coming in the market.

As for different market rates, I'm afraid you'll have to consult other members. I have only shopped from International Arms, as they had the air gun stuff I was looking for at a good price.

Hope that helps.

Mumar
09-08-2009, 01:07 AM
@ KageFox
Thanks again for providing me detail regarding Pellets...i will visit international Arms asap .....

Enigmatic Desires
09-08-2009, 01:32 AM
Mr. Mumar U can also try Shaheen as well. its a iny shop opposite international. an is sandwiched b/w Baluchistan arms an TNT arms.. The are more or less into air guns..

Turumti
09-08-2009, 03:31 AM
I have shot a few different types of pellets through various air rifles. The ones which I like best are H&N Field & Target Trophy, H&N Barracuda, JSB Exact, Crosman Premier, Eley Wasp and Bisley Gold. Gamo Pro-Magnum is also good but not as good as the above mentioned brands.

I think if all of us airgunners pool in we can get a case of good pellets from abroad, and that will be quite cheap. One case of pellets contains anywhere from 250,000 pellets to 500,000 pellets, depending on what brand and calibre you buy.

Mumar
09-08-2009, 02:45 PM
@ Trumuti assalam-o-alikum
First of all my Question is who's going to bring 250k pellet from outside...It is only possiable when one of go for tourism or some work then he can bring.otherwise if we order on internet
then shipment cost and duty will cost us double the prices of pellet...but ur idea is good .. here dealers are fleasing everyone on pellet they are not so expensive but they have made it

Turumti
10-08-2009, 04:15 AM
First of all my Question is who's going to bring 250k pellet from outside

Guess who brought 25K!! ;)

Enigmatic Desires
10-08-2009, 04:24 PM
U did? :o

ay_be_why
10-08-2009, 05:47 PM
@ED, where there's will, there's a way :)

And congratulations on becoming Expert Member...
http://www.postimage.org/templates/images/smiley/agreement/4.gif (http://www.postimage.org/)

Mumar
10-08-2009, 11:18 PM
@ turumti
assalam-o-alikum
do u have flat nose pellet for .22 and .177 few rounds ....?

Mumar
11-08-2009, 12:22 AM
@ turumti
assalam-o-alikum

Turumti
11-08-2009, 01:51 AM
@ turumti
assalam-o-alikum

No buddy, I dont use wad cutters. They are only good for punching paper targets ideally under 10 metres and at the most out to 25 metres. I primarily use my airguns for hunting and for that domed pellets are the best.

BloodBath
12-08-2009, 09:44 PM
Hi !
I use Gamo "Magnum" and "Match" Pellets. They are just like great. Shot a crow with Magnum it was down in no time. you can make a 2" group from50 meters with the match pellets. With a telescope that is.

Regards

BloodBath

Mumar
12-08-2009, 11:09 PM
@ Turumti... hmm
can u guide me which pellet has wider range around 50m or more....some one told me about pellet grams wht does it mean?do they come in different weights? are they available here in karachi?what is difference in GAMO Match and Magnum Pellets? range?

Mumar
12-08-2009, 11:11 PM
@ BloodBath

But i think using with out telescope is better as telescopic sight eliminates natural relfex..?
then wht wud a difference b/w marksmen and layman ....?:rolleyes:

Turumti
13-08-2009, 02:14 AM
@ Turumti... hmm
can u guide me which pellet has wider range around 50m or more....some one told me about pellet grams wht does it mean?do they come in different weights? are they available here in karachi?what is difference in GAMO Match and Magnum Pellets? range?

For hunting and general shooting, midweight pellets are the best. Ideally, you should try all different brands of pellets available shoot them over varying distances to check for group size and drop, and the choose the brand with the minimum variation in both parameters. However, the situation here in Pakistan is far from ideal, so just stick to domed pellets, and take a about ten random samples of every brand available , and weigh them on a jeweller's electromic scale, and select te brand with the least variation. Stay away from heavy pellets like the H&N Barracuda for non-magnum spring powered guns. They will make short work of spring and piston seals.

Omkhan
13-08-2009, 01:09 PM
@Turumti, bro do u have any idea regarding the availability of 5.0 mm pellets? I have got a sherdion pump action air gun in 5mm/ .20 caliber and running out of pellets fast. Thanks

Turumti
13-08-2009, 01:47 PM
@Turumti, bro do u have any idea regarding the availability of 5.0 mm pellets? I have got a sherdion pump action air gun in 5mm/ .20 caliber and running out of pellets fast. Thanks

Never seen 5m pellets available anywhere here. You will have to get them from abroad.

KageFox
13-08-2009, 02:25 PM
Have seen .177, .22 and even .25 once, but never .20

A R K TAREEN
13-08-2009, 03:39 PM
@ Turumti... hmm

Dear Mumar
Hope this will helpfull for you.

SPECIFICATIONS of Pro Magnum Pellets (hard steel)

Cal .22 (5.5 mm) MUZZLE 10 YARDS 30 YARDS
Velocity (fps) 676 610 525
Kinetic Energy, (ft x lbs) 16.21 13.21 9.78
Paraffin Penetration, (inches) 1.14 0.87 1.02
Paraffin Expansion, (inches) 0.39 0.30 0.26
Grouping, (inches) N/A 0.35 0.94

Pellet Weight (grain): 15.9 grain*
Test made with air rifle: GAMO Hunter Pro

SPECIFICATIONS of Match pellets

Cal .22 (5.5 mm) MUZZLE 10 YARDS 30 YARDS
Velocity (fps) 722 656 551
Kinetic Energy, (ft x lbs) 16.07 13.28 9.37
Paraffin Penetration, (inches) 1.22 0.94 0.79
Paraffin Expansion, (inches) 0.31 0.27 0.22
Grouping, (inches) N/A 0.31 0.83

Pellet Weight (grain): 13.8 grain
Test made with air rifle: GAMO Hunter Pro

With Best Regards.

Airgunner.22
14-08-2009, 08:40 PM
There is a brand of local pellets called DIAMOND. Made by a company called ssms. They are around rs150 per 400 pellets. And are accurate for target shooting. Have shot over 2000 so far with my diana mod 35 and results have been good.

They are available at a shop called saddar armory in karachi. It is near lucky star, right where the road forks into two.

Sialvi
14-08-2009, 11:30 PM
there was also a desi company named "cock brand" with red rooster printed, in our good old days. pellets were good. don't know whether it still exists or not.

Airgunner.22
15-08-2009, 12:04 AM
Ah yes. I have heard of them. But no longer. There are too many fakes around and up to 3 grades in the COCK brand and NISHAN pellets. IF you want even close to accurate pellets at range, the diamond ones are the best.

Mumar
15-08-2009, 12:18 AM
@ assalam-o-alikum
Thnz alot for providing me detailed explaination ...One more i want to confirm these Domed Pellets are the same which are the round from the top...i wont buy GAMO magnum then ...
anyways u have i got one tin of .22 pellets of "MILBRO CALEDONIAN" from my uncle ...these will try and will let u know the result...:)

Mumar
15-08-2009, 12:21 AM
@ Turumti
@ assalam-o-alikum
Thnz alot for providing me detailed explaination ...One more i want to confirm these Domed Pellets are the same which are the round from the top...i wont buy GAMO magnum then ...
anyways u have i got one tin of .22 pellets of "MILBRO CALEDONIAN" from my uncle ...these will try and will let u know the result...:)

Mumar
15-08-2009, 12:27 AM

Assalam-o-alikum omkhan

i havent seen .20cal (5mm) pellets here at karachi ,as its not a standard caliber here ...
check out with "International Arms" at saddar u might get it from there as he keeps branded pellets....btw here .177cal is closed only .22cal is available in market (local pellets) dono abt branded....

Mumar
15-08-2009, 12:28 AM
@A R K TAREEN
assalam-o-alikum a r k tareen
how are u ?
thnz for detailed information now i get the lighter pellet weight the faster it will travel and will cover more area from the above results...

Mumar
15-08-2009, 12:33 AM
@ sialvi
assalam-o-alikum
last time i checked wit h pioneer arms he only had DIAMOND,afghani,kyber arms pellet didnt show me pellets of the "COCK" wht were the result? i bought pellet made by khyber arms
most of them were not balanced ,damage had to return after that i decided not use it..

Mumar
15-08-2009, 12:34 AM
@Omkhan
u will have to get from abroad as they are making all kinds of pellets in all cals

Mumar
15-08-2009, 12:35 AM
@Airgunner.22
assalam-o-alikum
how is the result...? are these pellets balanced?wht abt jammin in barrels? wht is the weight ?

Airgunner.22
15-08-2009, 03:48 PM
Well, i can shoot a matchbox from 30 meters easy. And no they don't jam, not even once. Go check it out. You'll get the picture.

As regards .177 pellets, i saw them too. Around 80rs for 400 pellets. Same brand. i.e diamond. The weight is nice. It stays accurate at range. I have fired thousands of them so far and no regrets.

Also, if you want slightly better pellets, there are some irani/afhgani ones available. At an all airgun shop called shaheen traders near lucky star. They have everything ull ever need and prices are reasonable too.

Mumar
16-08-2009, 12:06 AM
@ Air Gunner .22
assalam-o-alikum
If u are sure abt the pellets are of good quality ,balanced then will definitely try them,But most of the members who made their post at the thread preferred and suggested me SPAINSH or any other European pellets because of quality product anyways will check it out ... thnz for tellin me the shop will visit him asap...

Regards

Mumar
16-08-2009, 12:09 AM
@ A R K TAREEN
which pellets u r using lcoal or branded?

Turumti
16-08-2009, 02:15 PM
Milbro Caledonian is a good brand. I have shot them and I like them. There was a query about pellets being good out to 50 meters, and there was also a chart posted by a member showing muzzle velocity for different pellets.

Ther are a few things I would like to point out here. Firstly, 50 metres is usually extreme range for most spring powered (low and medium powered airguns). I would not attempt shooting birds at 50 metres with a Chinese or local airgun, as the pellet would not have enough power to kill humanely at that range.

Please keep in mind that to shoot accurately and kill cleanly, and to do both with consistency, at ranges beyond 30 metres, you need a powerful gun (at least 16lbfts at the muzzle), and you need a relatively mid-weight to heavy weight pellet. Light weight pellets decelarate quite quickly and do not retain enough energy to make a clean kill. Furthermore,they are also more prone to wind deflection than their heavier cousins.

Having said that, I would also likem to emphasise, that in airguns, the gun itself, and not the pellet is the powerplant, so be very careful, when you read velocity and energy tables for pellets. Always ask what gun was used to generate this data.

Mumar
20-08-2009, 01:39 AM
@ trumuti
assalam-o-alikum bahi
but they do they give lose pellets of different brand pioneer arms told me i have to whole box
he has milbro but selling at high rates will chk out with international arms and others who deals in AIR RIFLE And it STUFF thnz for advice

Turumti
21-08-2009, 02:12 AM
Mumar,

Walaikum as-Salam! Dude no one wil sell you loose pellets. Like I said before the best way of buying pellets here is to buy the pellet with the least weight variation. For this you will have to invest in a small battery powered jewellers scales calibrated in milligrams or grains, (most have both scales built in). You can buy such a scale from the jewellery supplies market just up the street from Sarawan Hotel in Saddar.

To weigh the pellets, place the scale on a flat, firm and vibration free surface, and randomly pick 10 pellets of each type, and then proceed to weight them. The brand you shd buy is the one with the least weight variation. In The US, you can buy pellet samplers that contain about 20 pellets of about 20-30 different types, and with the aid of a chronograph and bench rest, you can fire 10 shot groups of each type of pellet, to check for grouping and velocity at a given range, say 20 yards or 30 yards. This is the ideal method. But in the absence of pellet samplers, chronographs and bench rests, the jeweller's scale is our best bet.

Mumar
21-08-2009, 09:24 PM
@ trumuti
Thnx will try to get this weighin machine