PDA

View Full Version : Gun Trial before Purchase

pappoo
09-03-2016, 03:49 PM
It is disturbing and absurd, how it is not possible to try the firearm you are purchasing before the actual purchase in Pakistan. You might have fired the same type (make and model) numerous times but at the time of purchase what I am interested in is how the pistol (this very piece) I am buying will behave.

Even a fresh out of the plastic film pistol might malfunction. And such malfunction might not be detectable in dry fire or other inspection (at least not by me). Ihsan Sb and his crew at PARA were nice enough to accommodate me to test the pistol at my own convenience and facilitate me if things in anyway were not in order. With the current law and order situation, such a situation leaves a person like me in a fix. Do I get the weapon enrolled with the DCO (like a civilized law abiding citizen should) or do I wait, till I have had a chance to actually test fire the weapon?(which might be a bit of a while, at earliest, the upcoming weekend)

How do the experienced gunners on this forum tackle the problem at hand?

Leon
09-03-2016, 04:07 PM
Buy weapon
Go to testing area
Check weapon
If ok; get DC entry
If not; change weapon
Repeat the process

pappoo
09-03-2016, 04:44 PM
Lol. That actually makes a lot of sense hehehee...:heh:

pappoo
09-03-2016, 05:27 PM
I hope this doesnt get flagged as an inappropriate question, but other than waiting for Saturday to visit the range or Aerial firing, what testing areas/options do we have?

Aquarius
10-03-2016, 06:07 AM
Buy weapon
Go to testing area
Check weapon
If ok; get DC entry
If not; change weapon
Repeat the process

Make sense lolzz.

sadatpk
10-03-2016, 09:54 AM
Its our right 👉 to know what you r going to purchas from the kindest Ahsan sales manager PARA..i shall be ur highly thankful to know about inventory of PARA right now

pappoo
10-03-2016, 01:25 PM
It is a known fact that none of the vendors have the stocks that they usually do because of the import restrictions. I was considering a 9mm and was very happy to see that as expected, Ahsan Sb at PARA had a reasonable inventory. He has the PT92 at hand along with a couple of other Taurus Pistols. He obviously has the Chinese CF along with other regular Pistols. However, they were short on the CZ. I think its best if you call him up to find out what exactly it is he has in store. I was not to inquisitive since they had what I was looking for. Hope that addresses your question sadat.
Its our right  to know what you r going to purchas from the kindest Ahsan sales manager PARA..i shall be ur highly thankful to know about inventory of PARA right now

no fear
10-03-2016, 02:02 PM
if you are in america lolzz
Buy weapon
Go to testing area
Check weapon
If ok; get DC entry
If not; change weapon
Repeat the process

shahroze
10-03-2016, 02:13 PM
if you are in america lolzz

it's better not to say anything if you don't have anything productive to say.

sadatpk
10-03-2016, 05:07 PM
It is a known fact that none of the vendors have the stocks that they usually do because of the import restrictions. I was considering a 9mm and was very happy to see that as expected, Ahsan Sb at PARA had a reasonable inventory. He has the PT92 at hand along with a couple of other Taurus Pistols. He obviously has the Chinese CF along with other regular Pistols. However, they were short on the CZ. I think its best if you call him up to find out what exactly it is he has in store. I was not to inquisitive since they had what I was looking for. Hope that addresses your question sadat.thanx Br for ur response and a brave declaration of not being inqusitive.....

AK47
10-03-2016, 05:33 PM
You're an exception to be given this chance. With thanks to PARA and Ahsan Sahib.

Generally you need not check functioning of NIB imported handguns.

When buying from credible outlet with pro-customer approach like PARA, a video of first session would be enough to convince them into change of weapon, IF any malfunction due to manufacturing fault. This is a rarity occasion however.

As for how a handgun behaves in your hands, or how you "feel" about it, I'm of the opinion that it's a pre-purchase evaluation by your good self that counts, and your study of the weapon intended.

This, humbly, cannot be an obligation on part of the seller. So....they're indeed being nice to you.

Do your study of intended weapon and ask for PARA's words on cooperation, IF handgun does not operate functionally. Enough.

I'd be amazed indeed, if you wanna keep trying functioning handguns till you're set about one particular.

no fear
11-03-2016, 09:01 PM
are you threatening me ?? what are you ??? who are you ?? this is your post ?? or i have said something wrong ?? hyundai shehzore keep calm and wait for reward
it's better not to say anything if you don't have anything productive to say.

shahroze
11-03-2016, 09:17 PM
like taking a candy from a kid.
you are unbelievable.
Grow up please.

czman
12-03-2016, 10:17 AM
To be honest, ive never actually seen anyone be offered to try then buy.

In Pakistan, where are you going to try? We already have a dearth of ranges as it is, and our laws dont specifically allow shooting or hunting on government land ( to my knowledge )
In the west, they usually just ask you to either rent out that gun, if they have it in rental they might rent it out to you for free ( because you will then buy the gun ) ; or they ask you to drop in on a gun meet, where some other member has that exact gun and they let you shoot it. I havent

The only sales business where they allow you to try that very product before you buy is cars.

But in your case Leon bhai has provided the most valid answer. Or you could just go to PARA again.

@ No fear

Hyundai shehroze????

What does a car manufacturer have to do with shehroze?

Mian-50
12-03-2016, 12:12 PM
AoA all,

Hyundai "SHAHZORE" is a very popular open bed Pick-up truck in Pakistan,but
Bro SHAHROZE is a much respected personality of Pakguns community.

In 1987, a daring Gun dealer allowed me to take an O/U,through a weapon exchange
receipt to fire few shots in the suburbs of Lahore.He kept my shotgun with him and gave
me a NIKKO(Japanese O/U) for testing.I fired almost 10-shots,cleaned its bore to same shine
and returned the gun on next morning.Targets were BLACK clays made by a deceased mechanic
released through a hand cocking clay thrower.

Imtiaz Shah
12-03-2016, 05:12 PM
In 1993, purchased my first pistol (Type54 TT, NIB). The dealer turned to a closet with sand filled flowerpot and fired three rapid shots. It is in middle of F-8 markaz, I was startled !
It was post payment testing, though.

Aquarius
12-03-2016, 06:43 PM
I had a similar experience when I bought a Chinese TT in 1995 from Asia Arms situated on University Road.. the guy went with me to the firearm factory on GT Road & fired a magazine containing 7 rounds.. after that I also fired a magazine & the deal was finalised.

After that I regularly checked every weapon which I bought from Jumrud eg AK47, Iranian G3, Makarov, AK74 etc, as during those days checking weapon before buying was not a big deal specially in Jumrud.

zia raza
12-03-2016, 06:52 PM
I had a similar experience when I bought a Chinese TT in 1995 from Asia Arms situated on University Road.. the guy went with me to the firearm factory on GT Road & fired a magazine containing 7 rounds.. after that I also fired a magazine & the deal was finalised.

After that I regularly checked every weapon which I bought from Jumrud eg AK47, Iranian G3, Makarov, AK74 etc, as during those days checking weapon before buying was not a big deal specially in Jumrud.

even now its a norm to fire 3 or more shots in a duck... but it shouldnt b in happy mode

Aquarius
12-03-2016, 07:18 PM
even now its a norm to fire 3 or more shots in a duck... but it shouldnt b in happy mode

Its possible in Jumrud even now but not possible in City area or University Road.

sadatpk
12-03-2016, 08:54 PM
are you threatening me ?? what are you ??? who are you ?? this is your post ?? or i have said something wrong ?? hyundai shehzore keep calm and wait for reward

this is the forum which is known as close knit commmunity,we are being read in the world,
The contribution of Shehroze is worth appreciating as well as urs my dear No Fear, therer is no shortage of proper lexicals

pappoo
14-03-2016, 11:04 AM
Thanx for all the good pieces of advice. I am glad to announce that I have tested the handgun in question over the weekend and found it to behave as expected.

AK I agree with you a 100% on the pre-purchase decision and having done all the requisite homework. I knew exactly which gun I wanted with all its pros and cons. My only concern was if the piece I purchased had any manufacturing defects that exhibited only when the gun was in actual use. Ahsan Sb was accommodating enough to assure me that I would be facilitated, if that were the case. The good news is that I won't be needing any facilitation :)

You're an exception to be given this chance. With thanks to PARA and Ahsan Sahib.

Generally you need not check functioning of NIB imported handguns.

When buying from credible outlet with pro-customer approach like PARA, a video of first session would be enough to convince them into change of weapon, IF any malfunction due to manufacturing fault. This is a rarity occasion however.

As for how a handgun behaves in your hands, or how you "feel" about it, I'm of the opinion that it's a pre-purchase evaluation by your good self that counts, and your study of the weapon intended.

This, humbly, cannot be an obligation on part of the seller. So....they're indeed being nice to you.

Do your study of intended weapon and ask for PARA's words on cooperation, IF handgun does not operate functionally. Enough.

I'd be amazed indeed, if you wanna keep trying functioning handguns till you're set about one particular.

no fear
15-03-2016, 03:25 AM
yes uncle shahzore
like taking a candy from a kid.
you are unbelievable.
Grow up please.

Afzaal
15-03-2016, 08:27 AM
It was not an issue before 2000
I remember my uncle went to elahi bakhsh saddar rwp to buy a Dak made double
A kaboom happened with him at roof of same plaza (early 90s)
Then quite to try an other one lol.

czman
15-03-2016, 09:31 AM
yes uncle shahzore

Would you like a cocomo?

" cocomo, mujahy bhi do!"

:P

Imtiaz Shah
15-03-2016, 05:32 PM
In 1993, purchased my first pistol (Type54 TT, NIB). The dealer turned to a closet with sand filled flowerpot and fired three rapid shots. It is in middle of F-8 markaz, I was startled !
It was post payment testing, though.
The dealer did advise me to test fire the pistol before weapon number entry at DC office.

AK-Khan
17-03-2016, 01:35 AM
Buy weapon
Go to testing area
Check weapon
If ok; get DC entry
If not; change weapon
Repeat the process

I totally agree :)

It is disturbing and absurd, how it is not possible to try the firearm you are purchasing before the actual purchase in Pakistan. You might have fired the same type (make and model) numerous times but at the time of purchase what I am interested in is how the pistol (this very piece) I am buying will behave.

Even a fresh out of the plastic film pistol might malfunction. And such malfunction might not be detectable in dry fire or other inspection (at least not by me). Ihsan Sb and his crew at PARA were nice enough to accommodate me to test the pistol at my own convenience and facilitate me if things in anyway were not in order. With the current law and order situation, such a situation leaves a person like me in a fix. Do I get the weapon enrolled with the DCO (like a civilized law abiding citizen should) or do I wait, till I have had a chance to actually test fire the weapon?(which might be a bit of a while, at earliest, the upcoming weekend)

How do the experienced gunners on this forum tackle the problem at hand?

Well, in "golden period" ,it was pretty much the same what Leon bro has stated especially with local 30 bore pistols,people used to fire in front of the shops :) and Norinco pistols were considered all OK and were usually bought without test firing.
Now, even if you go to rural area and have no one to greet you,expect a call to 15 :)
Yes, after reading what happened to Saiga 12 bought buy FA226 : http://www.pakguns.com/showthread.php?14228-Saiga-12-Exp-01-ver-030
We have an enormous appetite for guns but it's all hush hush all the time ,it feels like an open secret even we are allowed to keep guns legally but sadly we have that cunning "SHO mentality" in our community on all accounts and it's creeping in our culture which should be taken very serious.
IMO Pakistani gun owners ,collectors ,hunters etc. ,well whoever owns a firearm or wants one should have a stronger voice like the American NRA.
it should be called PRA (Pakistan Rifle Association) :)
And "PRA" members should have a vote effect in country.
LEAs allover the world cannot control crime that's why at least Home Defense licenses are issued.
These days laws have been toughened and gun sellers mentality is "bus yeh hai lena hai to lo or itnay ka hai" due to ban on imports smugglers are having a good time with gun shops as well.
We are forced to buy reloaded rifle bullets at a high price.
I can go on and on... but lets call it a stop :)

no fear
17-03-2016, 02:10 AM
hum jisay laa jawab kehte hen :-p
Would you like a cocomo?

" cocomo, mujahy bhi do!"

:P

azeemxs
22-03-2016, 11:22 PM
Amazed to see such a long thread on this topic, when i first bought np42 i pulled it out of plastic and checked at the dealers own range it has an ejector issue... then he replaced me then and there . . Simple

pappoo
26-12-2016, 04:36 PM
Gone are those days my friend azeemxs :(

kohshikan5
07-07-2019, 02:01 AM

Well, in "golden period" ,it was pretty much the same what Leon bro has stated especially with local 30 bore pistols,people used to fire in front of the shops :) and Norinco pistols were considered all OK and were usually bought without test firing.
Now, even if you go to rural area and have no one to greet you,expect a call to 15 :)
Yes, after reading what happened to Saiga 12 bought buy FA226 : http://www.pakguns.com/showthread.php?14228-Saiga-12-Exp-01-ver-030
We have an enormous appetite for guns but it's all hush hush all the time ,it feels like an open secret even we are allowed to keep guns legally but sadly we have that cunning "SHO mentality" in our community on all accounts and it's creeping in our culture which should be taken very serious.
IMO Pakistani gun owners ,collectors ,hunters etc. ,well whoever owns a firearm or wants one should have a stronger voice like the American NRA.
LEAs allover the world cannot control crime that's why at least Home Defense licenses are issued.
These days laws have been toughened and gun sellers mentality is "bus yeh hai lena hai to lo or itnay ka hai" due to ban on imports smugglers are having a good time with gun shops as well.

It's quite old topic but things are pretty much the same now as well. Exploitation of weapon dealers is on the higher side.

Fraz
07-07-2019, 10:13 PM

Pakistan does have an association named National Rifle Association of Pakistan, but they are limited to shooting sports only. Not at all concerned with the weapon laws etc.