PDA

View Full Version : Lever actions?

czman
18-10-2015, 08:38 AM
On my most recent trip abroad, i had the chance to play with a marlin lever action.
The mettalic clink-bang repetition of it being fired was extremely addicting.

Is there a market or any availability of lever-actions in Pakistan?

Aquarius
18-10-2015, 09:02 PM
No doubt its really nice & addicting but unfortunately its rare in Pakistan.. you have to search the market thoroughly for it.

czman
19-10-2015, 08:57 PM
It would be nice though, they tend to be caliber-ed in handgun rounds ( usually revolver rounds ) so you would be able to get a rifle on handgun licence.

hmd
19-10-2015, 11:43 PM
It would be nice though, they tend to be caliber-ed in handgun rounds ( usually revolver rounds ) so you would be able to get a rifle on handgun licence.
Sir its the barrel length and barrel not the caliber . Leaver action falls in rifle category . You will be needing a rifle license .

D3AD!
20-10-2015, 08:59 AM
Back in days some dealers who used to sell local made semi auto SMGs like the one in picture below use to issue them on pistol license they have barrel lengths like 5-7 inches mostly chambered for 9mm and 7.62x25 tok. but in your case it is different even though if the lever action is chambered in pistol, revlover round its barrel is not that small like 5-7 inches so it comes in rifle catagory. Havent seen any lever action here neither any owner never even heard of them i highly doubt its availbility. even if you find one it might be sold to you at insane price then. so it will be much better to spend money on actual and more versatile semi-auto rifle like chinese AR and make right use of rifle license and hard earned cash.

http://airsoft.tiger111hk.com/images/productimg/MARUZEN/MARUZ-GBB-MP5KA41.jpg
(picture is taken from internet)

Ahmad
20-10-2015, 11:39 AM
Didn't find any working gun in a prevailing caliber at good rates in last 25 years & search is still on. have seen 2 very old ones in unknown obsolete calibers with all marking gone for asking price over 100K. There was one Winchester in 22 magnum LNIB selling on other forum for 250K but that was out of my budget although it was lovely rifle.

cool_toad
20-10-2015, 01:00 PM
I purchased a winchester .22lr lever action from pakguns marketplace few years back.

farazh
20-10-2015, 05:57 PM
That Winchester lever action in the other forum was sold for ~175k, not bad IMHO

Ahmad
20-10-2015, 07:56 PM
That Winchester lever action in the other forum was sold for ~175k, not bad IMHO
Not bad at all as it was very fine condition rifle, just out of my budget.

ursani
22-10-2015, 06:26 PM
Lever action rifles are owned in rural Sindh with much love. I have seen a preloved 30-30 Winchester with saifuddin bandookwala in Hyderabad a few years back. I am sure if you look in Hyderabad arms market you will find one for you. Try Sindh armory and saifuddin they are both located in Saddar Hyderabad.

raufkakar
22-12-2015, 02:20 PM
I have a lever action in .45wcf. and will upload the pics soon..

raufkakar
29-02-2016, 07:26 AM
Here are the Pictures as promised...