PDA

View Full Version : Tasers

Abu Al Hawl
04-08-2009, 01:39 PM
http://img39.imageshack.us/img39/4299/52032729.jpg (http://www.postimage.org/)

The TASER is a self-defense electronic control device. Electronic Control Devices (ECDs) use propelled wires to conduct energy to affect the sensory and motor functions of the nervous system. In addition, the TASER can be used as a direct contact stun device. The TASER uses a replaceable TASER cartridge, containing compressed nitrogen, to deploy two small probes that are attached to the TASER by insulated conductive wires with a maximum length of 15 feet (4.5 meters). The energy can penetrate up to two cumulative inches of clothing or one inch per probe.

after the contact it simply Immobilizes a human's muscles for about 30 seconds.

the best non-lethal self protection weapon.

Dr Zakir
04-08-2009, 01:49 PM
Is it available here I would like to have one if available

MalikImran
04-08-2009, 01:52 PM
I have got same thing like it .but its not taser . One of my dad's frnd gave it to him . Its a very good thing for self protection .

Topak
04-08-2009, 01:55 PM
so Dr. you want to use it before operation to "BEHOSH" the "MAREEZ"? ..... :lol: just kidding.
these types of guns like taser, pepper spray are getting famous as they dont need license and dont hurt or kill any person.but i think not available hare

KageFox
04-08-2009, 02:01 PM
These types of non-lethal weaponry such as Tasers, Stun-guns, Mace, Pepper spray, etc, MAY work well if you are confronted by a single BD. Multiple assailants call for multiple shots, which requires the use of a firearm.

Saw an electric stun gun at Tayabally.

Enigmatic Desires
04-08-2009, 04:39 PM
so Dr. you want to use it before operation to "BEHOSH" the "MAREEZ"? ..... :lol: just kidding.
these types of guns like taser, pepper spray are getting famous as they dont need license and dont hurt or kill any person.but i think not available hare

Oh yes they are availabe here.. I bought a few for my female relatives. an carry 1 myself as well..

Enigmatic Desires
04-08-2009, 04:42 PM
These types of non-lethal weaponry such as Tasers, Stun-guns, Mace, Pepper spray, etc, MAY work well if you are confronted by a single BD. Multiple assailants call for multiple shots, which requires the use of a firearm.

Saw an electric stun gun at Tayabally.

Yeah I buy my sprays from there as well..

But they can take out multiple assailants. just keep spraying.. unlike a stun gun.. a PS can render a person hors'd'combat for at least 30 minutes...

ANd being hit by 1 of those can b a very very unpleasant experience :(

KageFox
04-08-2009, 05:47 PM
Whats the range of PS? And any idea if the effect is instantaneous?

Abu Al Hawl
04-08-2009, 05:53 PM
PS, pepper spary? range?

Abu Hafs
04-08-2009, 10:06 PM
Here's a question I asked on a previous thread about Tasers

It has come to my attention that "Gown House" in Pindi are stocking Taser electroshock devices and retailing them at Rs 25000.

Would one of the brothers in Pindi be kind enough to inquire about the model and country of origin and please post details?

http://www.gownhouse.com/index.jsp

Thanx for any responses

No one responded with an answer to this, Id still be interested to know what model they stock.

Here's something else I previously stated in relation to the effectiveness of Tasers

You know I was thinking about the man stopping potential of a good quality taser and from what Ive seen on youtube videos where it has been deployed by U.S cops it looks very impressive. It instantly incapacitates its target on contact and I would even go as far as to say that in some circumstances it would be even more effective at neutralising a threat than a firearm.

What do you think guys?

Dr Zakir
04-08-2009, 11:20 PM
i will check it out by weekend but gown house people are expensive and they dont believe in discounts

Abu Hafs
04-08-2009, 11:43 PM
i will check it out by weekend but gown house people are expensive and they dont believe in discounts

Thanks Doc sahib

If you can find out if its the "C2" model as that seems to be the best one. Also bro can you find out what brand of pepperspray they carry.If you let them know that the "sabre red" brand is available in Karachi and is one of the best.

Thanks

Ilyas
04-08-2009, 11:50 PM
There are some available in Karkhano Market, but those are different in shape. The ones
I've seen are flattened type with two exposed terminals. I don't know how these work and
surely won't try to see how it feels when it hits you :D

Abu Hafs
05-08-2009, 12:03 AM
There are some available in Karkhano Market, but those are different in shape. The ones
I've seen are flattened type with two exposed terminals. I don't know how these work and
surely won't try to see how it feels when it hits you :D

Please don't confuse taser with stun gun. A taser shoots out two prongs to incapacitate an assailant from a distance, where as with a stun gun you need to make contact with unit itself.

If you could also inquire about the availability of the C2 model in karkhano the next time you go there I would be grateful,please ask about sabre red pepperspray too. Thanks

Ilyas
05-08-2009, 01:09 AM
@Abu Hafs... Thanks for the info Bro, I didn't know the difference between the two.
Well I doubt if taser would be available in the karkhano market. Is C2 a taser or a
stun gun? I had seen peppersprays at Pak China Arms, Gul Haji Plaza some two months
ago, though I don't remember what brand were those.

Enigmatic Desires
05-08-2009, 02:22 AM
Whats the range of PS? And any idea if the effect is instantaneous?

The one I have (sabre jogging unit) is effective up till 8-10 feet..

http://personalsecurityzone.com/cgi-win/order/prodlist.exe/PSZ/?Template=ProdDetail.htm&ProductID=34006

There are others bigger an stronger ones..

Yeah its bout as instantaneous as U can get.. short of any1 actually having a drop on U (in which case even a .50 BMG is useless) it should be adequate for most mugging an snatching scenarios

Enigmatic Desires
05-08-2009, 02:26 AM
Sabre red is a good brand. An is the one widely used by the NYPD.

In Karachi at Tayyabali it had a retial price of Rs. 1500.. after some bargaining an spacialy when buying multiple pieces..They knock hte prices down a few hundred bucks..

I don't know if they have any in stock now. I've a number of these units.

Abu Hafs
05-08-2009, 03:33 AM
@Abu Hafs... Thanks for the info Bro, I didn't know the difference between the two.
Well I doubt if taser would be available in the karkhano market. Is C2 a taser or a
stun gun? I had seen peppersprays at Pak China Arms, Gul Haji Plaza some two months
ago, though I don't remember what brand were those.

Yes Ilyasa wrora the C2 is a taser, probably one of the best available to civilians in America.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CK2OsttO614

There are others bigger an stronger ones..

Yeah its bout as instantaneous as U can get.. short of any1 actually having a drop on U (in which case even a .50 BMG is useless) it should be adequate for most mugging an snatching scenarios

Here's a guy having a hard time after being sprayed with Sabre red pepper spray during a training exercise.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gHPb44ze_tU

Enigmatic Desires
05-08-2009, 04:14 AM
Yeah thats why it says on my PS to 'run as far an as fast as U can after spraying' and only then to contact the police.

I have no idea what brand he was using.. cause mine induces a fit of coughing so intense that a person can barely breath..

this 1 simply blinded the chap

Abu Hafs
05-08-2009, 05:35 AM
I have no idea what brand he was using.. cause mine induces a fit of coughing so intense that a person can barely breath..

Either way It was effective. Also different people react in different ways to being sprayed.

Enigmatic Desires
05-08-2009, 01:36 PM

Either way It was effective. Also different people react in different ways to being sprayed.

The thing is never to resist if some 1 has a drop on U. then nohting not even a flame thrower would help.

But as in my case the times I have been mugged the muggers always had their weapons in their clothes. That was treat enough to gain immediate compliance...

Now, in such a situation a vertical blast covering eyes nose an mouth would pretty much get the job done.. specially since I carry my spray wrapped in my hand and safety off when ever I walk .

guns for me
14-04-2010, 01:37 PM
This is avalibal in karachi i buy this in 4000 rs only and also try it on donkey, very nice result wooo. :lol:
http://s2.postimage.org/AaLsi.jpg (http://www.postimage.org/image.php?v=TsAaLsi)

http://s1.postimage.org/FknUi.jpg (http://www.postimage.org/image.php?v=gxFknUi)

Survivalist
14-04-2010, 09:08 PM
Dear Friends, I today checked with Gown House near six road, they have a couple of stun guns but selling very costly and the guy behind counter refused that they ever had any TASER thing. Interestingly they have some Taiwan made cheap crossbows, 50 LBS handheld for around 4k.

---------------------------------

Here's a question I asked on a previous thread about Tasers

It has come to my attention that "Gown House" in Pindi are stocking Taser electroshock devices and retailing them at Rs 25000.

Would one of the brothers in Pindi be kind enough to inquire about the model and country of origin and please post details?

http://www.gownhouse.com/index.jsp

Thanx for any responses
No one responded with an answer to this, Id still be interested to know what model they stock.

Here's something else I previously stated in relation to the effectiveness of Tasers

You know I was thinking about the man stopping potential of a good quality taser and from what Ive seen on youtube videos where it has been deployed by U.S cops it looks very impressive. It instantly incapacitates its target on contact and I would even go as far as to say that in some circumstances it would be even more effective at neutralising a threat than a firearm.
What do you think guys?

Mitho
14-04-2010, 10:00 PM
@guns for me
and why would u try something that painful on living animal?
next time you do something like this just remember app ashruful makhloqaat hain aur woo janwar.............................

AK47
14-04-2010, 10:48 PM
I really find these items inspiring, but have following reservational issues, explain?

Peppersprays: Usually they're small spray bottles, and when in a critical condition, with lot's of movement, swinging it from side to side, I feel there's a great risk of being affected yourself, you're closest to it, and the spray may get into your own eyes :rolleyes:

Stunguns: They require close-up connection! A BG should be immobilized at distance, really don't find the "touching" idea of an animalized sucker close-up, appealing!

Taser: Well, I couldn't get above specifications quite right, especially about the 15 feet/4.5 mtrs feature, if it means you can "hit" from this much distance, well, then it's perhaps useful, provided of course, you hit it right in first attempt! Still we're talking "panic" movements, quick actions, with likelihood of "mis-targeting" and no further back up!

Think we should stick to the REAL options only, hitting out hard and right! ;)

Denovo87
14-04-2010, 11:08 PM
AK bro, all these 3 tools are effective when an UN-ARMED but physically stronger BG is in confrontation, so these aids come handy to subdue him to the state where he easily be a$$ kicked ;)

AK47
14-04-2010, 11:17 PM
Thanks Denovo bro, yet I'd say, much safer with the .45 ACP, just be sure the BG isn't an "aunt" ;) :lol:

Ka_Khan
15-04-2010, 12:10 AM
This is avalibal in karachi i buy this in 4000 rs only and also try it on donkey, very nice result wooo. :lol:

Dont be cruel to animals.

SPAYPANTHER
15-04-2010, 01:59 AM
@guns for me
and why would u try something that painful on living animal?
next time you do something like this just remember app ashruful makhloqaat hain aur woo janwar.............................

koie to mere tarha sochta ha...http://www.clicksmilies.com/s1106/engel/angel-smiley-015.gif

Salahuddin Ayubi
15-04-2010, 10:05 AM
AK bro, all these 3 tools are effective when an UN-ARMED but physically stronger BG is in confrontation, so these aids come handy to subdue him to the state where he easily be a$$ kicked ;)

+1

Engineeer
16-04-2010, 03:59 PM
very interesting..........................

Mr.Karate
15-08-2012, 03:56 PM
Sabre red is a good brand. An is the one widely used by the NYPD.

In Karachi at Tayyabali it had a retial price of Rs. 1500.. after some bargaining an spacialy when buying multiple pieces..They knock hte prices down a few hundred bucks..

I don't know if they have any in stock now. I've a number of these units.

Tayabally
Enigmatic I went to Tayabally website and called their number they told me 200,000 volts is costing Rs 10,000 and 15,000 for 500,000 volts what do you think are these prices correct? They said they would TCS it to me since I am not from Karachi. Very professional fancy telephone exchange different departments but they want to move through the ordering process quickly so no time for their employees to get chatty they have a corporate account in which payment has to be made courier is the method again for customers out of city. Seems this company retails alot of stuff such as cctv cams safes etc ...

Gown House
Very friendly got to know the names of a few guys there went out of their way to answer my questions no fancy telephone exchange or any departments their products are about Rs 1000 cheaper than Tayabally seems they retail hiking equipment and camping gear too. But overall they same more eager and enthusiastic to please. Their account is an owner's account and not a corporate account. Assured me of delivery by Saturday.

Please give me advice who is reliable and trustworthy since I have never purchased from any company before.

Please take some time to answer.

Enigmatic Desires
16-08-2012, 03:38 AM
Hmm I buy such stuff from tayabbally.. They tend to be expensive but generaly reliable.... Cant comment on gown since I have never seen them. Members from RWP might be able to help

Navarone
16-08-2012, 11:40 AM
There is a chap in Sitara Market (Peshawar) who sells knives, scopes, etc. He had two kinds of tasers. Pkr 600 or so for one. He claims the one which looks like a cheap cell phone is better quality.

Navarone
16-08-2012, 11:43 AM
Tayabally
Enigmatic I went to Tayabally website and called their number they told me 200,000 volts is costing Rs 10,000 and 15,000 for 500,000 volts what do you think are these prices correct? They said they would TCS it to me since I am not from Karachi. Very professional fancy telephone exchange different departments but they want to move through the ordering process quickly so no time for their employees to get chatty they have a corporate account in which payment has to be made courier is the method again for customers out of city. Seems this company retails alot of stuff such as cctv cams safes etc ...

Gown House
Very friendly got to know the names of a few guys there went out of their way to answer my questions no fancy telephone exchange or any departments their products are about Rs 1000 cheaper than Tayabally seems they retail hiking equipment and camping gear too. But overall they same more eager and enthusiastic to please. Their account is an owner's account and not a corporate account. Assured me of delivery by Saturday.

Please give me advice who is reliable and trustworthy since I have never purchased from any company before.

Please take some time to answer.

How many Amps?