PDA

View Full Version : Taurus 800 Series

Enigmatic Desires
03-08-2009, 11:32 PM
Widely touted to be the best thing to happen in hand guns (at least by the tourus people) and supposed to revolutionize the handgun industry etc etc.. A combination of the 2nd chance technology of the 24/7 series mated to the 917c type hammer.. Its supposed to offer the best of both worlds..

Has the weapon finally reached our shores an has any one had any experience with it??

KageFox
03-08-2009, 11:41 PM
I'm just waiting. Read an article on the 845 the other day in a magazine.... man, they've created a masterpiece! A combination of the 24/7 OSS with a DA/SA external hammer based system. Early reports have been good, lets see if the pistol keeps it up IF and WHEN it reaches our markets. Hopefully, shouldn't be much of a problem, as unlike the 24/7, its firing system is different.

PS. I had been waiting a long time for someone to start discussing this awesome piece of hardware on this forum :D. Thanks ED!

Enigmatic Desires
03-08-2009, 11:46 PM
Last when I went to the market to check the localy available Taurus line up. they had 24/7s an 917s an old 92 an 99s. but no 800 series as yet..

Its been around for some time. an is becoming quite popular the world over. i am surprised it still hasn't found its way here

KageFox
03-08-2009, 11:54 PM
The best things come to those who wait.... Be patient, bro

Enigmatic Desires
03-08-2009, 11:59 PM
Its being a year or so since it hit the world markets..

But considering the hype I am sure it will be the same as the 24/7 series..

When the pistol was available for the first time it was going as high as 120k!!

KageFox
04-08-2009, 12:08 AM
According to ableammo.com, the 809 is priced higher than all the 24/7 pistols and is more or less equal to the OSS. That, and due to the fact that this pistol has a solid welcoming party waiting for its launch, I won't be at all surprised if this pistol breaks the 150K barrier in its early days, or maybe even more. But, as we have already waited for such a long time, what would a few more months mean if it results in a decent and worthy price.

Enigmatic Desires
04-08-2009, 12:20 AM
at the Taurus site its $656.. But then which dealer follows company prices here..

at any rate the taurus people were considerate enough to include reviews of some of their products.

http://www.taurususa.com/products-reviews-details.cfm?reviewid=71

This is the 1st review I've seen of the 800 series..

KageFox
04-08-2009, 12:29 AM
I will see if I can dig up the link of the aforementioned magazine article on the net, in the morning.

PS. Just checked ur link, its exactly the magazine I have :D

Enigmatic Desires
04-08-2009, 12:32 AM
I raided Khori Garden to get some mags with reviews on this peice.. Drew a blank :(

KageFox
04-08-2009, 12:39 AM
Ever been to khadda market? There's a small shop there which gets gun magazines periodically. I'm not bragging, but over the past 3-4 years, I've collected over 80 magazines, not counting the 11 old ones my dad gave me. All the mags are my major info source :)

Also check out book and magazine stalls in Sunday market. You'll be surprised.

PS. I usually get the mags for abt Rs. 70 per copy, but get a discount on the total if I get a large number.

Abu Hafs
04-08-2009, 03:07 AM
Is this a private conversation or can anyone join in? :D

Sorry guys just thought Id add that, nice discussion by the way.

KageFox
04-08-2009, 05:18 AM
Just waiting for the pistol and the people to ariive... ;)

KageFox
04-08-2009, 02:39 PM
@ED: Check out this link as well

http://www.taurususa.com/products-reviews-details.cfm?reviewid=67

KageFox
04-08-2009, 02:49 PM
I have a bad feeling about the 800 series. Just checked the original Taurus website (Brazillian) [http://www.taurusarmas.com.br/] and could not find any of the 800 or OSS series. Pakistan gets the Taurus pistols from Brazil and not US, right? Bcos, it is possible that the 800 series is only being produced at Taurus's American plant, meaning we won't be seeing it any time soon.

Just a theory, never have I wished more to be proven wrong.... :(

Abu Al Hawl
04-08-2009, 06:11 PM
yes you are very much right

Enigmatic Desires
04-08-2009, 06:17 PM
Ever been to khadda market? There's a small shop there which gets gun magazines periodically. I'm not bragging, but over the past 3-4 years, I've collected over 80 magazines, not counting the 11 old ones my dad gave me. All the mags are my major info source :)

Also check out book and magazine stalls in Sunday market. You'll be surprised.

PS. I usually get the mags for abt Rs. 70 per copy, but get a discount on the total if I get a large number.

I got my stock from Khori Garden... at the same price.. how ever these days the 'maal' is short.. :(

I have to go to khadda market soon.I've heard a new arms shop has recently opened there... Including nonlethel weaponry..

I really really hope U are wrong bout the 800 being an all amarican product. other wise it wil eb the same as the S&W s an the sig sours :(

a gun that can do 10 rounds in 1 second wow! I have to simply have to get 1 of those..

Enigmatic Desires
04-08-2009, 06:18 PM
Is this a private conversation or can anyone join in? :D

Sorry guys just thought Id add that, nice discussion by the way.

U r free to join sir..

:)

KageFox
04-08-2009, 06:23 PM
I have to go to khadda market soon.I've heard a new arms shop has recently opened there... Including nonlethel weaponry.

I've seen that shop in passing a couple of times. Will take a look some day, though prices are bound to be high, considering the fact that it is in Khadda Market.

Enigmatic Desires
04-08-2009, 06:36 PM
I have to go to khadda market soon.I've heard a new arms shop has recently opened there... Including nonlethel weaponry.

I've seen that shop in passing a couple of times. Will take a look some day, though prices are bound to be high, considering the fact that it is in Khadda Market.

Previously I used to get my stuff from Tayabbaly . its was on hte steep side.. but they are ameable to a spot of bargaining

9mm Luger
04-08-2009, 08:56 PM
the shop name is Ahmed traders but I warn you the prices are on the higher side...

9mm Luger
04-08-2009, 08:59 PM
Actually some prices were so steep I just couldnt believe but when I started conversing with him thats when he kinda knew I knew my stuff and started pricing downward!! Guess its only due to PG that I knew my guns and prices!!

9mm Luger
04-08-2009, 09:02 PM
very polite person (staff member) that I met but the owner wasnt in at that time and I was in a rush and didnt check them out properly on the whole a good start i must say... the pricing I am sure can be sorted out!

Starfish
04-08-2009, 09:08 PM
I have a bad feeling about the 800 series. Just checked the original Taurus website (Brazillian) [http://www.taurusarmas.com.br/] and could not find any of the 800 or OSS series. Pakistan gets the Taurus pistols from Brazil and not US, right? Bcos, it is possible that the 800 series is only being produced at Taurus's American plant, meaning we won't be seeing it any time soon.

thats a pity. it appears to be a really good pistol.
:(

Enigmatic Desires
05-08-2009, 03:10 AM
Actually some prices were so steep I just couldnt believe but when I started conversing with him thats when he kinda knew I knew my stuff and started pricing downward!! Guess its only due to PG that I knew my guns and prices!!

What did U buy from him 9mm?

Enigmatic Desires
05-08-2009, 03:34 AM

a wonder pistol if ever I saw one..

1. can polish off 10 rounds per sec.

2. has an external sa/da mechanism an can be carried cocked an locked as wel as semi cocked as well as ful DA.

3.has a decocker.

4.memory grooves excellent factory grips

5. adjustable low light 3 dot novak sights (both front an back with back both windage an elevation)

6. Double stricke capability (In case of a dud round no need to rack the slide an manuly insert a fresh round

7. Ergonomically designed hammer

8.3 different grips included to fit all hand sizes

9. recoil reducing front straps

10. Magazine loader included

11. Internal firing pin safety

12. manual key operated security system that locks hte gun

13. Picatinny rail for accessories.

14. hi-cap magazine (17 shot )

15. Minimal field stripping nessessery

16. Fully ambidextrous controls

all in all too sweet a deal to miss..

I'd love to see what it would do to the stoegers an the zestavyas an the norincos in hte market..

About the only weapon that can give it a run for its money would be the new Zestavya scorpion C 05. I dont think that 1 has made its way to the local market as well..

But it has features pretty close to the Taurus 800 series an even surpasses em.

Starfish
05-08-2009, 09:00 AM

a wonder pistol if ever I saw one..

1. can polish off 10 rounds per sec.

2. has an external sa/da mechanism an can be carried cocked an locked as wel as semi cocked as well as ful DA.

3.has a decocker.

4.memory grooves excellent factory grips

5. adjustable low light 3 dot novak sights (both front an back with back both windage an elevation)

6. Double stricke capability (In case of a dud round no need to rack the slide an manuly insert a fresh round

7. Ergonomically designed hammer

8.3 different grips included to fit all hand sizes

9. recoil reducing front straps

10. Magazine loader included

11. Internal firing pin safety

12. manual key operated security system that locks hte gun

13. Picatinny rail for accessories.

14. hi-cap magazine (17 shot )

15. Minimal field stripping nessessery

all in all too sweet a deal to miss..

I'd love to see what it would do to the stoegers an the zestavyas an the norincos in hte market..

About the only weapon that can give it a run for its money would be the new Zestavya scorpion C 05. I dont think that 1 has made its way to the local market as well..

But it has features pretty close to the Taurus 800 series an even surpasses em.

I cant find the scorpion c05. can you post some links?

Starfish
05-08-2009, 09:02 AM
ED: is it the cZ05 you were referring to?

Enigmatic Desires
05-08-2009, 02:01 PM
ED: is it the cZ05 you were referring to?

Yeah.. sorry for the typo.

I've known of the 99s here but have'nt seen 1 of hte new ones yet

Starfish
05-08-2009, 02:13 PM
the cz05 sure looks like a sweet one. one more item on the wish list :s

Enigmatic Desires
05-08-2009, 04:45 PM
the cz05 sure looks like a sweet one. one more item on the wish list :s

http://www.cz999.org/index.php?page=cz05

I've read somewhere that some versions come wiht a function select lever... i.e u can switch from sa/da to DAO.. along with proof marking extremely long life. option of cocked an locked. an da carry.. an rail.. as well as a low round inticator that lets U know that u r runnin out of ammo

definentely give the 800 series a tough time..

P.s Your tag line brings a grin every time I see it. :)

KageFox
05-08-2009, 06:40 PM
Looks pretty interesting, the CZ999 (CZ05). However, the more controls they add, the more complicated it will become, and greater the chance for things to go wrong. They seem to have forgotten the K.I.S.S. :P policy. Nice steel body though, lets see if and when it gets imported...

Enigmatic Desires
05-08-2009, 08:14 PM
Looks pretty interesting, the CZ999 (CZ05). However, the more controls they add, the more complicated it will become, and greater the chance for things to go wrong. They seem to have forgotten the K.I.S.S. :P policy. Nice steel body though, lets see if and when it gets imported...

the CZ999 scorpion is here. bout 65k in khi. an I have heard nohting but good things bout it..

if the bichoo is here then the 999 with the DAO switch would be here as well..
But the 05 with its rail is definitely cooler..