PDA

View Full Version : Loosing its Finish

Shaheen-Pk
15-05-2015, 02:20 PM
Salam All..

Keeping in mind that not hurting PG laws, a question arises:

Why a gun losses its finish after some time even after proper care like a baby?
next is that if it looses, is there a way to revert back the same finish by again painting like DURA-Paint? If so then where to buy and how to paint the weapon in Pakistan or myself.

http://www.duracoat-firearm-finishes.com/

Deathrow
15-05-2015, 02:31 PM
Salam All..

next is that if it looses, is there a way to revert back the same finish by again painting like DURA-Paint? If so then where to buy and how to paint the weapon in Pakistan or myself.

A gun is suppose to loose its finish... It happens to all firearms... and that's exactly how you know that they have actually been used and practiced upon.. and not just locked away in the cupboards...

I suggest that you stop worrying about the finish... keep it away from any paints or anything.. BTW what weapon you have? How much is the finish wear? Please share some pictures.

Mian Jee
15-05-2015, 02:48 PM
Something is seriously wrong with members from Sargodha.

zia raza
15-05-2015, 03:04 PM
Salam All..

do u leave it with wd-40 spray??/

Leon
15-05-2015, 04:51 PM
It depends upon usage and cleaning. A gun used in the field is exposed to weather. Thus it must loose finish. A gun stored properly in safe will loose finish / shine though slowly and that is called aging. Now it depends upon how you have stored it.

Now, Mian Jee buys guns (Lot of them), dip them in grease, wrap them in polythene bags and bury them deep (Atif Bashir is the only one who attends the funeral). I believe that those gun will never loose finish.

sadatpk
15-05-2015, 05:12 PM
It depends upon usage and cleaning. A gun used in the field is exposed to weather. Thus it must loose finish. A gun stored properly in safe will loose finish / shine though slowly and that is called aging. Now it depends upon how you have stored it.

Now, Mian Jee buys guns (Lot of them), dip them in grease, wrap them in polythene bags and bury them deep (Atif Bashir is the only one who attends the funeral). I believe that those gun will never loose finish.
Million dollar post Leon.subhaan Allah but also Jazzak Allah

Shaheen-Pk
15-05-2015, 05:16 PM
A gun is suppose to loose its finish... It happens to all firearms... and that's exactly how you know that they have actually been used and practiced upon.. and not just locked away in the cupboards...

I suggest that you stop worrying about the finish... keep it away from any paints or anything.. BTW what weapon you have? How much is the finish wear? Please share some pictures.

Its my 9mm makarov.
Will share the pictures soon.
It was not frequently used. Just cleaned under the sun and again in the holster.

Shaheen-Pk
15-05-2015, 05:18 PM
do u leave it with wd-40 spray??/

Nope brother never ever

Shaheen-Pk
15-05-2015, 05:19 PM

Should i be attending too? :-P

Shaheen-Pk
15-05-2015, 05:23 PM
Something is seriously wrong with members from Sargodha.

@MJ brother dont know why :(

Leon
15-05-2015, 05:35 PM
See! Here holster is the culprit even made of leather.

Physics is to be blamed which invented friction!

Shaheen-Pk
15-05-2015, 06:05 PM
See! Here holster is the culprit even made of leather.

Physics is to be blamed which invented friction!

Holster is of genuine leather, does it really kill it?

Leon
15-05-2015, 06:26 PM
Yup! It is not friction free.

Enigmatic Desires
16-05-2015, 12:59 AM
Please Please keep it away from paint. Once i gave my revolver to a gunsmith since she had 'lost her shine'... So to speak And well. It was never the same again :(

But it looks good.

Shaheen-Pk
16-05-2015, 01:51 PM
why i cant upload pics?

errors...

Shaheen-Pk
16-05-2015, 01:54 PM
Please Please keep it away from paint. Once i gave my revolver to a gunsmith since she had 'lost her shine'... So to speak And well. It was never the same again :(

But it looks good.

Thanks for saving my Baby.. :baby:

Shaheen-Pk
16-05-2015, 02:07 PM
hoope these work

D3AD!
16-05-2015, 02:22 PM
hoope these work

Talk with DSA officals, they offer paint jobs and metal finishing as well as plating. They might have some solution out for you.
Here visit this link:
http://www.daudsons.org/index.php?link=9

Shaheen-Pk
16-05-2015, 02:32 PM
Talk with DSA officals, they offer paint jobs and metal finishing as well as plating. They might have some solution out for you.
Here visit this link:
http://www.daudsons.org/index.php?link=9

Thanks Alot for your help :)

Brother , is it good to have a paintjob, will it affect the performance?

I have heard negative comments for it.

D3AD!
16-05-2015, 02:45 PM
Thanks Alot for your help :)

Brother , is it good to have a paintjob, will it affect the performance?

I have heard negative comments for it.

If it is done carefully by some experianced person then it should not effect the performance of weapon. If some regular Tom dick and harry is involved, using regular cheap paint and accidently some of it seaps into mechanical parts of gun causing blockage or increased friction among moving parts then surely it will affect the performance.

hmd
16-05-2015, 04:01 PM
@ shaheenpk bro let it be like this unless if it really matters to you then find a proper gunsmith who does paint job on weapons professionally like d3ad have mention not just any one because it will effect your pistol reliability in a big way you would rather have a bad finish pistol then a unreliable one .

Shaheen-Pk
16-05-2015, 05:20 PM
@ shaheenpk bro let it be like this unless if it really matters to you then find a proper gunsmith who does paint job on weapons professionally like d3ad have mention not just any one because it will effect your pistol reliability in a big way you would rather have a bad finish pistol then a unreliable one .

Copy that sir!

Aquarius
17-05-2015, 08:58 AM
If you holster it then it will definitely loose its finish, but that's not a big deal.. leave it like that rather than going through all the hassle of paintings or rebluing it.

fezan
18-05-2015, 01:51 AM
well I personally think that there is no big deal in getting your weapon reblued or painted. Unless it comes with a historic value, you can redo finish on your normal weaponry. I got myself couple of items done and I am more happy to see them in a neat and clean state rather than discolored shabby condition. You can visit Baba Akram's workshop in Lahore and discuss your requirement with them. They are among good gunsmiths around your area.

Enigmatic Desires
18-05-2015, 04:14 PM
If it is done carefully by some experianced person then it should not effect the performance of weapon. If some regular Tom dick and harry is involved, using regular cheap paint and accidently some of it seaps into mechanical parts of gun causing blockage or increased friction among moving parts then surely it will affect the performance.

(sigh) dont I know it? :( And my .32 wheel gun is ,y carry weapon. and whats more she is on my card license :( :(