PDA

View Full Version : Cz92

qm1
17-06-2014, 08:50 AM
Aoa. Just bought a new CZ92 .25 cal. After I took out the chambered round, saw there was a slight indent on the primer. Tried with a few more rounds and all had firing pin indent marks on it. On the net, there are very few sites which have indicated that this happens in it because it originally has a weaker firing pin spring and it is safe to carry it chambered.

Would appreciate comments of the members because in my view it seems a bit dangerous especially if it falls down. Overall I think it is a decent pistol in case of concealed carry. Thanks

Ashes
17-06-2014, 09:30 AM
did u try googling this issue to see if other CZ92 owners have reported such a problem?

What does CZ have to say about this?

Aquarius
17-06-2014, 09:40 AM
I had this pistol twice and I emptied 3-4 fully loaded mags on each by racking the slide, just wanted to confirm FTFeed, but this indentation of the primers seems new to me.. those primers were fully intact.. not a slightest indent.

Ashes
17-06-2014, 09:50 AM
I would also suggest, that if this is an issue with your particular gun; do pay a visit to a quality gunsmith (if we have such a thing).

qm1
17-06-2014, 01:03 PM
Thank you for the responses. I have searched on google and there was reference to its earlier model and that it is safe as long as it doesn't drop muzzle down from a height. There was also reference that wolf springs were added but indent was still caused. However nothing on cz92. The cz company has also said it could be due to weak firing pin spring. Is there any cz expert dealer in Lahore from where a new spring could be obtained. I think I will be a bit more comfortable with the original weaker spring and not keeping it chambered rather than putting a desi spring.

Aquarius
17-06-2014, 02:41 PM
But I don't understand about this dented primer in the first place.. even with weaker firing pin spring this indentation shouldn't have happened, unless the firing pin is longer than normal.

Aquarius
17-06-2014, 02:43 PM
I guess GUNFREAK bro has one.. if he could shed some light on it.

qm1
18-06-2014, 12:53 AM
Bro you have a point! Weak spring really shouldn't cause a deep indent, not unless the pistol fell hard which it did not. Maybe the pin is slightly longer and since its dao the hammer might be resting hard on it putting pressure on the chambered round. I hope Gunfreak could also shed some light on this.

I am trying to find some time to go to the range with this one. The s&b .25 bullets are 130 per round in Isb. Absolute rip off!

BreakNeck
18-06-2014, 02:05 AM
Brother, empty a few mags before you make it your EDC

GUNFREAK
19-06-2014, 09:38 AM
Guys I had it, but as usual sold when i purchased Kevin Makv. I don't experience any issues with mine, but I only fired 50-60 or so using S&B. .25 S&B at the time were rs80/ .
One think I did have issue with was after firing 15-20 rounds I loaded a full mag and chambered it then decided not to fire; as I went to unchamber or unload the slide wouldn't move. That scared the hell out of me. Then I wait 5 minutes and after wrestling with a few times it opened. It was very dirty inside, so I disassembled and cleaned it completely and it fixed the issue until again it happened after firing 20 rounds. I repeated the process and put the gun away and decided it wasn't for me and waited until for another option. As soon as Kevin came out I was all over it. And Mashallah, so far after 200+ rounds fired no issues at all so far. And little cheaper rounds.

Regards

qm1
19-06-2014, 10:00 PM
Hi. Thanks for the details. I already have a few larger pistols. Liked this mini pistol. Truly a sub compact. Would have prefered ruger lcp .380 but not available atleast in islamabad