PDA

View Full Version : Night Sights

Glocky
24-07-2009, 11:54 AM
Looking to install night sights on a Glock 19, i need suggestions between the major contenders like Mepro, Trijicon and TruGlo. anyone with actual experience and particular preference towards a certain brand are welcome to give suggestions. Price and Availability here in Pakistan will help as well.

regards

Adeel Ahmad
24-07-2009, 01:15 PM
A quick warning before you go with night sights. They will show through summer-weight clothing when it is dark out. With the half-life of tritium, you’re looking at about two years before they dim enough to not do that any more. However, they also won’t be as visible by then either.
There is another option offer by Glock the Glock Night Sights and these are guaranteed for life by Glock.
There is another option which you can try just for free :) get some glow-in-the-dark nail polish and apply to the factory sights with a toothpick… You just gotta make sure your gun sits out in the daylight for a little while every couple of hours.
You should try Harris if you are in Karachi as he told something about having Trijicon Night Sights. He can also import it for you.

Glocky
24-07-2009, 01:20 PM
I presume you have used Tritium sights ?

Abu Al Hawl
24-07-2009, 01:25 PM
before doing any thing with your weapon 1st find out how they will replace the rear sight do they have proper tool, because i think removing rear sight is quite a difficult task. Adeel's night glow nailpolish is good idea, but do not apply directly on the sight just take a good adhesive sticker and paint 3 coates of nailpolish and cut it nicely just as the same size of sight out line like a strip and then stick it over. even i will rty this, kiya harj hai experiement kar ne mein.

Glocky
24-07-2009, 01:30 PM
First Tritium has a half life of 12 years, so they will be half as bright after twelve years but still useable.

I have access to the tools needed to install them. BTW its always the front sights which are difficult to install.

Glow in dark does not cut it for me

Abu Al Hawl
24-07-2009, 01:34 PM
bro you just remove the slide and you can see the screw, but rear sight yo have to pull it from the top i think, if some on can define it would nice to know for my knowledge.

Glocky
24-07-2009, 01:44 PM
Since rear sights are dovetail they just need to be slide out from one side to another. You can use a special pushing tool made by various companies including Glock or a Flat head screw driver with a wooden mallet. The front sights are tricky because not all of the front sights have screws. some of them are crimped i.e. once the sight passes thru to hole the base opens up. You also need to apply some adhesive (loctite) to make sure it remains in place. Hope that helps.

I just need to decide which night sight is the best overall.

Adeel Ahmad
24-07-2009, 01:44 PM
Glocky is right that its the Front Sight which is always difficult to install and he didn't say that its difficult to unistall. You can screw it up pretty bad while installation and you have to be expert for that. I have used Tru Glow sights but never installed them myself just it on a Friend's Hand Gun. Target acquisition is much better with that but according to the reviews by other people i think you should go for Trijicon.

Striker1
22-01-2010, 09:09 AM
"SOME" NEWs about Trijicon Sights and Biblical references in today's DAWN.. Cover page!

http://www.dawn.com/wps/wcm/connect/dawn-content-library/dawn/the-newspaper/front-page/us-troops-in-afghanistan-were-given-bible-code-gun-sights-210

Mitho
22-01-2010, 11:21 AM
buy a cf98.
take cf98 sights.
repalce glock sights with them.
would most probably cost less than those fancy sights............................

Glocky
22-01-2010, 11:37 AM
@Mitho, Lol :lol: good one, actually they are not that pricey at all. The most expensive one costs around Rs.8000/= so i doubt the CF98 trick will work for me. ;)

Mitho
22-01-2010, 11:51 AM
sir jee u also get a cf98
but without sights

SalmanHusain
22-01-2010, 02:30 PM
man licenses are banned!! and if available for 14000Rs min,,