PDA

View Full Version : advice me a deer hunting rifle

Hungry Lion
03-05-2014, 03:36 PM
Advice me a bolt action dear hunting rifle please ur reviews are important

Hadii
03-05-2014, 04:30 PM
Buy Bolt action chambered in 308 also called 7.62*51 NATO. Same bullet used in G3 it's very good round search net ,it's cheap and readily available. Buy Any rifle just stay away form locals

lifebreakking
03-05-2014, 05:08 PM
go for 7mm either winchester m70 or Brno cz

hmd
03-05-2014, 05:10 PM
I think 308 in a bolt action will be an excellent choice . It is not going to be expensive to shoot compare to other rounds good range as well . The other option you can look into is 7mm mag .

Denovo87
03-05-2014, 05:17 PM
did you try searching hunting and rifles sections? I am sure you will get lot of information already available in there to hunt a 'dear' ;)

Hungry Lion
03-05-2014, 06:17 PM
Hadi bhai i also have 7mm brno but its bullet was big and spoil the deer meet and 308 is a bigger bore from 7 mm

ch shahnawaz arain
04-05-2014, 12:33 AM
bro if only deer hunting is all you want then go for cz .243 win.excellent caliber for deer size animal with good range.7 mm or 7mm rem is bit bigger for deer size animal IMO.

hmd
04-05-2014, 02:01 AM
Yes bro 308 and 7mm mag will be a bigger caliber for deer hunting but you can use it for long range deer hunt .243 win will be a good option but if you are a novice and your shot placement is not good then you should go with a bigger caliber 30-06 will be good . Bro you can hunt deer From .223 as well but it all depend how good shooter you are and from how far you want to take the deer down shot placement makes a big diffrence . I am not a hunter this just my personal openion based on my knowledge .

Mastermind
04-05-2014, 02:24 AM
222 bolt action

Hammad jutt
04-05-2014, 03:12 PM
Brother first u search the deers then search the gun for deers gun selection is not big problem make sure you have deer hunting permit.....

Hammad jutt
04-05-2014, 04:17 PM
bro if only deer hunting is all you want then go for cz .243 win.excellent caliber for deer size animal with good range.7 mm or 7mm rem is bit bigger for deer size animal IMO.

agreed with u

J.Durrani
04-05-2014, 04:49 PM
Long-barrel .357 magnum revolver is also good provided that you're a good shooter.

Ahmad
04-05-2014, 07:15 PM
243 is show stopper for sure & you wont spoil your hunt. Plus rifles are more commonly available than 308

Enigmatic Desires
05-05-2014, 01:57 PM
Advice me a bolt action dear hunting rifle please ur reviews are important

Under normal circumstances I would have advised you to leave the lovely creatures alone to their own devices.

Since you are a bhuka shair.. I guess I cant advise that now can I :(

Matapatapa
11-05-2014, 01:47 AM
Why is it that everybody wants a deer rifle
but nobody dares tell us about the models available (machine milled/forged locally in a proper factory (POF,KAC,Daudsons etc/import), not daara
and the prices of each
the pakguns price list only tells us of handguns but no bolts (i really love bolt actions,if possible would get one instead of a pistol(for 300-500m marksmanship and HD/SD only,of course. hunting is too much of a hassle), and one brno.223 (or 243 i dont remember) can anyone shed some light on prices?

Enigmatic Desires
11-05-2014, 03:03 PM
Why is it that everybody wants a deer rifle
but nobody dares tell us about the models available (machine milled/forged locally in a proper factory (POF,KAC,Daudsons etc/import), not daara
and the prices of each
the pakguns price list only tells us of handguns but no bolts (i really love bolt actions,if possible would get one instead of a pistol(for 300-500m marksmanship and HD/SD only,of course. hunting is too much of a hassle), and one brno.223 (or 243 i dont remember) can anyone shed some light on prices?

KAC: Does not make any.. and if it did it will be a blessing for the deer

POF: They make instruments of war for our armed forces.. Last I heard deer were not at war with us.

Daudsons: DOnt do em

Daara: Yes definetely
Imports: big bore B.A start from around 100k NIB (Parker Hale made in UK) 7mm calibre (Karachi Price)
Same calibre CZ Brno 140k NIB around 100k used (Made In czeck)
Same calibre BSA made in UK used 75k

.223 (m16) calibre. B.As exist but are pretty rare. Normally people simply buy the m16/ar15

Brno .308 Win. 175k used

and rest upwards from 200k to 2000k onwards.

Afzal
09-07-2014, 10:03 AM
KAC: Does not make any.. and if it did it will be a blessing for the deer

POF: They make instruments of war for our armed forces.. Last I heard deer were not at war with us.

Daudsons: DOnt do em

Daara: Yes definetely
Imports: big bore B.A start from around 100k NIB (Parker Hale made in UK) 7mm calibre (Karachi Price)
Same calibre CZ Brno 140k NIB around 100k used (Made In czeck)
Same calibre BSA made in UK used 75k

.223 (m16) calibre. B.As exist but are pretty rare. Normally people simply buy the m16/ar15

Brno .308 Win. 175k used

and rest upwards from 200k to 2000k onwards.

ED bro ur comments are fun to read... kia class ka humour tehreer kia hay :P

Enigmatic Desires
10-07-2014, 06:22 PM
Rule of thumb.. The more the humour the more the morbid depression.. And if U r in stitches then I am probably doing Russian Roulette.

makarov9x18
11-07-2014, 04:55 PM
i think mosan nagnant is being used pretty widely in the west for the deer hunting purpose its world war 2 models still work like a charm and its ammo is also available in handsome amount in peshawar and quetta area it will cost you from 35k to 100k i think

D3AD!
22-09-2014, 08:51 PM
I think 308 in a bolt action will be an excellent choice . It is not going to be expensive to shoot compare to other rounds good range as well . The other option you can look into is 7mm mag .

7mm mags are best but expensive, i bet they can be used to hunt any thing as big as a bufflow,brother can you tell me the price of .308 cartridge
and 300 win mags
it would be better if you compare prices of all these three rounds
regards.......

D3AD!
22-09-2014, 08:53 PM
i think mosan nagnant is being used pretty widely in the west for the deer hunting purpose its world war 2 models still work like a charm and its ammo is also available in handsome amount in peshawar and quetta area it will cost you from 35k to 100k i think
bro do these original mosin nagant's still available ??? i mean zerometers

hmd
22-09-2014, 10:07 PM
bro do these original mosin nagant's still available ??? i mean zerometers
Bro I doubt if you will get a New Mosin Nagant but if you find one even old grab it . It won't be very expensive but finding ammo will be a problem .

D3AD!
23-09-2014, 04:01 PM
Bro I doubt if you will get a New Mosin Nagant but if you find one even old grab it . It won't be very expensive but finding ammo will be a problem .

bro i need some cheap fun, pa own a 7mm rifle its damn costly for me to shoot it at regular basis last time i shoot it nearly an year ago and just 6-7 cartridges, if its ammo is going to be expensive then definatly its not for me

hmd
25-09-2014, 03:26 AM
bro i need some cheap fun, pa own a 7mm rifle its damn costly for me to shoot it at regular basis last time i shoot it nearly an year ago and just 6-7 cartridges, if its ammo is going to be expensive then definatly its not for me
Bro surplus ammo won't be expensive but hard to find S&B or Privi ammo is going to be expensive . Try DAK you will find surplus 7.62x54r ammo over there or in KPK you can get a good deal there . Don't know about LHE and forget about KHI . The only problem with 7mm and 7mm mag is that it's to expensive to shoot .

Fudgepacker
25-09-2014, 04:26 AM
It's funny you said that. I know a few people who love guns and can actually afford to shoot all the time. But they don't, because they just can't stand the thought of burning money. Which is kind of what we do :)

D3AD!
25-09-2014, 09:17 AM
It's funny you said that. I know a few people who love guns and can actually afford to shoot all the time. But they don't, because they just can't stand the thought of burning money. Which is kind of what we do :)

yes, bro you are right but all people can't afford all sort of things, Guns are my passion my first and last love for one of the man made inventions, but in limits, i discourage this idea of shooting away the money which can be used by your siblings and family members for there needs or for helping needy jobless persons which are left to live on there own fate
just give it a thought

suppose a surplus 7mm mag for 150

if i buy even 10 of them it would be 1500 this money could be saved if i get some comparitively cheaper round like .308, i can have big fun with .308s and because they are cheaper i can buy more .308 ammo which means more fun and more practice or i can just buy 10 .308s and give rest of money to someone who is dying for each penny , those who don't display themselves as begger , now i can have my fun and a satisfaction of my little contribution of easing somebodies misries and sufferings

Ahmad
25-09-2014, 09:37 AM
suppose a surplus 7mm mag for 150

if i buy even 10 of them it would be 1500 this money could be saved if i get some comparitively cheaper round like .308, i can have big fun with .308s and because they are cheaper i can buy more .308 ammo which means more fun and more practice or i can just buy 10 .308s and give rest of money to someone who is dying for each penny , those who don't display themselves as begger , now i can have my fun and a satisfaction of my little contribution of easing somebodies misries and sufferings
7mm mag was never a military adopted so surplus is out of question.
Regarding 308, only LEA ammo is cheap & getting it legally is not a simple task. A high ranked army officer can get 200 to 300 rounds annually. However rest of ammo is not documented & pilfer aged. Any imported & legal acquired ammo is north of 300PKR per round at the moment.

D3AD!
25-09-2014, 10:13 AM
Regarding 308, only LEA ammo is cheap & getting it legally is not a simple task. A high ranked army officer can get 200 to 300 rounds annually. However rest of ammo is not documented & pilfer aged. Any imported & legal acquired ammo is north of 300PKR per round at the moment.

ok bro, so what can suit me ??? tell me any suitable round

D3AD!
25-09-2014, 10:25 AM

that is why i wrote "suppose a surplus 7mm mag"
i don't know brother either you ment pak military by that or any other...
but this round is being used my USA law inforcement

Here is the proof:
It has also been chambered in sniper rifles (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sniper_rifle) as the US Secret Service counter-sniper team has deployed this cartridge in urban areas. Popular online gun author Chuck Hawks calls the 7mm Remington "one of the great all-around rifle cartridges.

source: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/7mm_Remington_Magnum

"i know that it is used by USA military so thinking of its surplus availabilty in pk is useless..... just posted for your info that it is indeed used by millitary"

ok which round should i go for ???