PDA

View Full Version : Is keeping a gun chambered prohibited in Pakistan?

g_ansta1134
25-01-2014, 04:29 AM
Few of my friends and an renowned Arms shop guy told me that keeping a Gun Chambered with a round is prohibited, they further added, If law enforcement agencies caught you with a chambered gun (even if you have all the eligible documents) they will take offensive actions against you in simple words they said its a crime.

Is it true?

Fudgepacker
25-01-2014, 09:17 AM
Don't know about Pak, but it wouldn't be unheard of. There did used to be such a law in California allowing carry only of an unloaded firearm.

1stranger
25-01-2014, 09:19 AM
Brother, never heard and read so....

Infact its against the very purpose of gun owning...!

Just my humble opinion... seniors may guide you more appropriatly...

shahjee
25-01-2014, 09:21 AM
Donot know if its against the Law of Pakistan. I have been stopped in Islamabad and Lahore with a chambered Pistol and I never been told off they the Police have kindly taken out the bullet, commented nicely about my pistol and then let me go my way. Must a law for KARACHI ONLY.

Leon
25-01-2014, 10:06 AM
There is no such law.

textiledoctor
25-01-2014, 10:39 AM
If its a law then how could they impose this law on Revolvers?? Revolvers are always chambered! :-)

hmd
25-01-2014, 01:02 PM
No bro there is no such law I have heard of . I always carry my weapon hot . Senior member please shed some light on this matter .

Soldier
25-01-2014, 02:15 PM
No, this is simple **** ****. :)

Fraz
25-01-2014, 03:43 PM
no such law...

Ashes
25-01-2014, 04:25 PM
Unfortunately such a law does exist in fine-print somewhere, at least in Karachi it is a widespread law that carrying chambered indicates "intent to kill" and therefore is prohibited, however I still carry cocked n locked...

Dr Zakir
25-01-2014, 09:57 PM
Never heard of it

Aquarius
25-01-2014, 10:13 PM
Yes its not allowed but who cares.

AK47
25-01-2014, 10:36 PM
I think it applies only during section 144, even IF you have a 144 permit.

Regards.

Mian Jee
25-01-2014, 11:01 PM
No it's not allowed to carry one in chamber, but you can always make it empty by shooting it whenever some one wants to check.

Ameer
26-01-2014, 08:23 AM
I guess its not chambering a gun. Its more about not carrying it concealed in regular days and keeping it in your reach in 144. Carrying a licensed disassembled shotgun in trunk (e out cartridges) isn't a threat at all in any case. So, keeping a chambered or unchambered handgun with you will sound as alike. IMHO.

raohadi
26-01-2014, 02:07 PM
what !!!....it cant be true because then carrying a gun means caring a bomb on you!!.....no use for self protection then!!

Ashes
26-01-2014, 02:34 PM
I think it applies only during section 144, even IF you have a 144 permit.

Regards.

Exactly!!

And Karachi having a perpetual 144 imposed since as far back as i can remember, the prohibition of carrying chambered applies.

colt 1911
26-01-2014, 02:48 PM
No it's not allowed to carry one in chamber, but you can always make it empty by shooting it whenever some one wants to check.

its only possible if its the only round in your gun otherwise the round below it would get chambered :p

shahjee
27-01-2014, 01:14 PM
I suppose the Law for Karachi is different to Punjab due to the high Criminal activities there and killings. May Allah ease the pain and suffering for the Beautiful City of Karachi and destroy those who are causing the problem. Ameen

s.jawad
27-01-2014, 07:10 PM

Hahahaha
Mian Jee tuse GREAT Hooooooooooo.
Regards

Mian Jee
28-01-2014, 12:37 AM
its only possible if its the only round in your gun otherwise the round below it would get chambered :p

Oops! never thought about that.

Hmmm....let me think for a sec.....

Ok. you can do it after removing the mag. hows that?

Enigmatic Desires
28-01-2014, 10:34 AM
Sooo.. waht the does the law say about wheel guns?

Asif Jhammat
30-01-2014, 09:17 PM
this is no way offence....u may carry a gun in ready to fire position...

1stranger
30-01-2014, 10:02 PM
Asif Jhammat brother +1

hdaackda
31-01-2014, 10:03 AM
Few of my friends and an renowned Arms shop guy told me that keeping a Gun Chambered with a round is prohibited, they further added, If law enforcement agencies caught you with a chambered gun (even if you have all the eligible documents) they will take offensive actions against you in simple words they said its a crime.

Is it true?

It is not illegal

I was stopped by Rangers near a military cantt, my weapon was chambered.. After all my documents were in order including 144, Officer tells me WHY have you got the gun chambered (I had a hollow point.. lols, officer was like WHAT KIND OF A BULLET IS THIS??).. Don't you know "halaat kitnay kharab hain"..

I am like "EXACTLY, Halaat kharab hain issi liyay chamber rakhta hun.. " warna daku bhai mujhay chamber kerna ka time nahi day ga..

He tells me you look like you know how to handle a weapon.. and I was free to go... (yeah, irony)

g_ansta1134
31-01-2014, 03:12 PM
Infact its against the very purpose of gun owning...!

This is exactly what I think, an Attacker will not come with an Un chambered gun.

g_ansta1134
31-01-2014, 03:14 PM
If its a law then how could they impose this law on Revolvers?? Revolvers are always chambered! :-)

Sooo.. waht the does the law say about wheel guns?

Yeah... true. maybe that is the reason why revolvers prices are going up. ;)

g_ansta1134
31-01-2014, 03:22 PM
Unfortunately such a law does exist in fine-print somewhere, at least in Karachi it is a widespread law that carrying chambered indicates "intent to kill" and therefore is prohibited, however I still carry cocked n locked...

Yes its not allowed but who cares.

Three of our senior members said that keeping a round chambered is against the law.
I am really confused.

g_ansta1134
31-01-2014, 03:29 PM
It is not illegal

I was stopped by Rangers near a military cantt, my weapon was chambered.. After all my documents were in order including 144, Officer tells me WHY have you got the gun chambered (I had a hollow point.. lols, officer was like WHAT KIND OF A BULLET IS THIS??).. Don't you know "halaat kitnay kharab hain"..

I am like "EXACTLY, Halaat kharab hain issi liyay chamber rakhta hun.. " warna daku bhai mujhay chamber kerna ka time nahi day ga..

He tells me you look like you know how to handle a weapon.. and I was free to go... (yeah, irony)

Yeah bro that's the point here. Jitni dair main ap chamber karo gai apna weapon utni dair main to daku game baja dega.

1stranger
31-01-2014, 03:37 PM
Three of our senior members said that keeping a round chambered is against the law.
I am really confused.

Brother

The question raised in this thread is realted to law and so better read Br Sadatpk and Br Asif Jhammat...

as one is lawyer and the other is prosecutor... I mean both, accused side and prosecution side.... ;)

g_ansta1134
31-01-2014, 03:37 PM
after hearing this law I am really waiting for a new law to keep you magazines at home.

Humara style he yeh hai bhai, agar fasal main keera lag jae to puri fasal ko aag laga do.

Topak
31-01-2014, 03:40 PM
Acts and ordinance enforced at the time being are silent about it.
these rules are managed by Home Departments and locally by DPOs and LEAs.

g_ansta1134
31-01-2014, 03:45 PM
Brother

The question raised in this thread is realted to law and so better read Br Sadatpk and Br Asif Jhammat...

as one is lawyer and the other is prosecutor... I mean both, accused side and prosecution side.... ;)

Asif bhai said there is no such law. its a bit of a relief

1stranger
31-01-2014, 03:56 PM
And I forgot to mention, Topak br, he is also law graduate...!

Asif Jhammat
31-01-2014, 09:04 PM
Asif bhai said there is no such law. its a bit of a relief

there is no prohibition in law relating to a catrige in chamber...if u r allowed to have weapon(licence) and some quantity of rounds as per number u r allowed, then one round just a centimeter above from the rest of rounds in chamber doesnt make difference in legality....u can have a round in-chamber

Asif Jhammat
31-01-2014, 09:08 PM
as for as the view regarding the "intention to kill" is concerned.... there is no such law to support that one round in chamber and rest in magazine in gun is sufficient to constitute an offence...as "intention to kill" alone is not sufficient to constitute an offence unless act of killing or at least attempt to kill is there...

Asif Jhammat
31-01-2014, 09:11 PM
Acts and ordinance enforced at the time being are silent about it.
these rules are managed by Home Departments and locally by DPOs and LEAs.

brother the rules managed by HD or locally are also controlled by a statutory law ,,,,and my humble memory says to me that i have not heard of such notification of rule regarding prohibition of chambered gun....

if some official issued like this, plz share with us, to update us.
REgards

Azizurrehman
02-02-2014, 10:04 AM
there in no law which prohibit keeping chambered gun but normally LEA have complains about chambered guns..cz i if someone have empty chambered gun and want to do some bad stuff then he have to cock the gun and this may need some time which will be enough for the good guy to prepare himself, but
if he has a chambered one then he need nothing but just pull out and bang.

Aquarius
02-02-2014, 10:11 AM
Jitni dair main ap chamber karo gai apna weapon utni dair main to daku game baja dega.
Yeah this is the main point I am concern about.

Ashes
02-05-2014, 04:53 PM
Aha! finally found the thread, how about we move this in "Licenses and Legal matters" Mods?