PDA

View Full Version : & He broke his Gun

balochistan
03-01-2014, 03:00 PM
Dear All,

a Friend of mine has broke his Single barrel shotgun yesterday. as per his information, it was damaged initially by him (few Cracks) but after shooting some cartridges. it split apart into two pieces. any help to get this gun repaired. please let me know.

Asif Jhammat
03-01-2014, 03:29 PM
a reciever of a pump action was damaged/cracked and then piece was seperated....then in that local pump action SILVER TANNKA worked out well, but as for as this single barrel gun is concern...m pretty sure that THE STEEL TANNKKA will be the ultimate solution...

M.N
03-01-2014, 03:49 PM
Please try to get rid of this gun otherwise you can get harm with it:nono:. You can not get your parts in the market :)and your wellness is much more precious than this gun.

Fraz
03-01-2014, 03:59 PM
Adios to the gun, your friend luckily did not get hurt. Weapons should not be used once they develop cracks or get damaged.
Regards

sadatpk
03-01-2014, 04:00 PM
go to somegood gunsmitmit & let him earn his livelihood,at the end ur friend wll have to purchase a NIB

Asif Jhammat
03-01-2014, 04:29 PM
Please try to get rid of this gun otherwise you can get harm with it:nono:. You can not get your parts in the market :)and your wellness is much more precious than this gun.

rather Dye Penetrate Inspection is having its importance....right

Nazim Sahib
03-01-2014, 04:49 PM
Ouch!
Glad your friend is ok.Take it to a gunsmith and see what his assessment will be.Gun smiths are used to seeing all sorts of incidents and they would know best....

12GAUGE
04-01-2014, 10:51 AM
rather Dye Penetrate Inspection is having its importance....right

Bro, dye penetrant testing will only reveal if the weld has been done right and according to an established standard. it cannot guarantee if the gun will be strong enough to be considered catastrophe free.

Regards.

Fudgepacker
04-01-2014, 11:49 AM
Bro, dye penetrant testing will only reveal if the weld has been done right and according to an established standard. it cannot guarantee if the gun will be strong enough to be considered catastrophe free.

Regards.
That's a very good point.

Aquarius
04-01-2014, 04:31 PM
Thats very sad indeed.. bro tell your friend to get rid of it.

colt 1911
04-01-2014, 05:47 PM
thank God your friend is safe.IMHO he should buy a new gun

Tabish Shah
05-01-2014, 05:20 AM
Chipkaa le saiyaan fevicol se :D

Fudgepacker
05-01-2014, 06:23 AM
It's pretty safe to say that gun is a write off. Technically, a skilled tig welder could put it back together, but I don't know anyone who would consider that an option at this point. Unless the gun is of sentimental value, and he just wants it repaired for collection purposes, the owner would be far better advised to replace it if he still wants a gun to shoot.

K-203
05-01-2014, 02:49 PM
It's pretty safe to say that gun is a write off. Technically, a skilled tig welder could put it back together, but I don't know anyone who would consider that an option at this point. Unless the gun is of sentimental value, and he just wants it repaired for collection purposes, the owner would be far better advised to replace it if he still wants a gun to shoot.

+1 for Fudgepacker bro

balochistan
05-01-2014, 04:04 PM
Thank you Friends for your concern & Advise, i have also advised him to get it repaired from Quetta.

lunaticx
11-01-2014, 06:22 AM

Regards.

brother none of any technique in this world can predict the future failure except wall thinning/loss, DPT's domain is only of the surface's. but its not only limited to welds it can only show the surface condition of weld the defects like slag inclusion , sub surface cracks, lack of fusion, lack of penetration, gas holes and etc cant be seen with it, one need Ulrasonic or Radiography for this purpose... the strength of any metal is dependent on its metallurgy, micro structure, its surface treatment, phase formation, fatigue limit etc....
I still blv strongly that DPT can be very useful for such conditions.......

Fudgepacker
11-01-2014, 07:12 AM
DPT's domain is only of the surface's...defects like slag inclusion , sub surface cracks, lack of fusion, lack of penetration, gas holes and etc cant be seen with it, one need Ulrasonic or Radiography for this purpose...
I don't get it, what's the point if the data provided is only superficial?

Safdar Mahmood Khan
11-01-2014, 03:46 PM
Good thing nobody got hurt.It is better to buy another single barrel shotgun then to repair it.

Trigger_happy78
12-01-2014, 08:51 PM
Inalillahe wa ina ealhe rajeon

Dr Zakir
12-01-2014, 09:36 PM
very well advised

seeker
16-01-2014, 08:31 PM
+2 for Fudgepacker bro

yalghari76
12-05-2014, 03:03 PM
i would also second the advise of other worthy members.. write it off.. its not worth keeping..looka a clone with poor metallurgy

jahirul
29-06-2014, 11:09 PM
Last time i broke my gun because of my careless.

makarov9x18
30-06-2014, 04:31 PM
yup bro make a good decoration piece out of it

D3AD!
19-08-2014, 02:24 PM
your friend is very lucky brother to be fine, ask you friend to sale it to some armourer and get a newone and don't risk life with this teared open gun

Fudgepacker
20-08-2014, 02:18 AM
your friend is very lucky brother to be fine, ask you friend to sale it to some armourer and get a newone and don't risk life with this teared open gun
Some friendly advice for you bro... maybe take a look at the op's date before reviving a thread. For example, this happened over 8 months ago; do you not agree it would be reasonable to think the situation is probably resolved by now :lol:

hmd
20-08-2014, 01:10 PM
Some friendly advice for you bro... maybe take a look at the op's date before reviving a thread. For example, this happened over 8 months ago; do you not agree it would be reasonable to think the situation is probably resolved by now :lol:
I agree with you bro .