PDA

View Full Version : Duracoat fire-arm paint supplier

Verve
25-12-2013, 03:54 AM
Salam All
I'm looking for PK supplier of Duracoat paint. Would appreciate contact name, number & location please.
Many thanks

Fudgepacker
25-12-2013, 05:58 AM
Verve bro, Duracoat is good stuff! An airbrush is required, so its quite an investment for someone looking to paint just one gun (I assume that's what you want to paint). It is worth it though, because it's as permanent as a paint job can get. There's also Durabake which is available in aerosol spray cans. Only difference is, the hardener is not required, but instead heat is used to cure.

If you can't find Duracoat/Durabake, try "Krylon". Its quite a bit cheaper and it comes in a spray can, but its been my experience that it's 90% as durable as Duracoat. However, it does not hold up as well to solvents and other chemicals however.
I've painted lots of stuff with both products and you won't go wrong with either. Good luck on your project and don't forget the "before and after" pics!

babaz7
25-12-2013, 09:05 AM
i dont think you can find duracoat here, i was looking for it aswell..

and the other thing is you cant import that stuff i guess because it has some chemicals which are banned for export i belive, amazon,ebay wouldnt ship it to me nor they would ship it to my cousin in the UK.

the only thing you can do now is the desi way, buy a high temp engine paint and spray it.

Aquarius
25-12-2013, 09:31 AM
Yep very difficult to find it and more difficult to import it.

Fudgepacker
25-12-2013, 01:47 PM
... you cant import that stuff i guess because it has some chemicals which are banned for export i belive, amazon,ebay wouldnt ship it to me nor they would ship it to my cousin in the UK...
I was just going to say it's available on eBay. .. had no idea there would be a problem shipping overseas. Try getting Krylon, its sold in most hardware stores here. They have them for various applications, but the type used for camouflage is the one you'd want. Anyways, if it's your only option, engine paint wouldn't be the worst thing. Not sure how well it would stick to wood or polymer, but I've used it on barrels before to good effect. Just remember, 90% of a good paint job is all in the preparation.

babaz7
25-12-2013, 02:09 PM
I was just going to say it's available on eBay. .. had no idea there would be a problem shipping overseas. Try getting Krylon, its sold in most hardware stores here. They have them for various applications, but the type used for camouflage is the one you'd want. Anyways, if it's your only option, engine paint wouldn't be the worst thing. Not sure how well it would stick to wood or polymer, but I've used it on barrels before to good effect. Just remember, 90% of a good paint job is all in the preparation.

yea i'll try getting some krylon, ill check if it has export restrictions first..

yea engine paint sticks fine,it can hold heat well too, so the paint doesnt come or chip off easily, this is the only way we can paint our guns here..

Verve
25-12-2013, 06:21 PM
babaz7 bro - duracoat paint is available in UK, sold by a UK supplier, so your cousin should be able to get it. Please do let us know if your search for Krylon is fruitful.

Fudgepacker - agree with 90% prep and 10% spray, same approach used when we painted cars.

I have used high-temp engine paint on engine cam covers and full engines but I want to paint TT and Stoeger ideally in OD Green colour. Sprayed standard car paint on the engine cam covers and had no peeling as well. One of the most durable and best finish I had was from boat paint, polyurethane based and self leveling with paint brush application .. this one http://www.yachtpaint.com/usa/diy/products/finishes/perfection.aspx it is an absoluetly amazing product. We brush, yes brush, painted a full car with Interlux Perfection Jet Black, and on test panel the first observations were glass like, extremely tough and scratch resistant finish (coin scratch). They have Jade Green Mist that could be an interesting substitute for the duracoat OD Green.

SMNAP
26-12-2013, 01:34 AM
Zahid at Guns and Accessories does provide Duracoat services, I was told by a friend who visited him...I think it is also mentioned on the Facebook page of the shop...

Fudgepacker
26-12-2013, 01:40 AM
That is very cool... brush painting a car! Never even thought about boat paint, is that "yacht paint" more expensive than automotive paint?

Enigmatic Desires
26-12-2013, 11:01 AM
Zahid at Guns and Accessories does provide Duracoat services, I was told by a friend who visited him...I think it is also mentioned on the Facebook page of the shop...

Hmmmm .. any idea about prices? Acting of course on the assumption that they wont try and pass off a few grenade launchers on u. Just going to that place is a danger in itself.

SMNAP
26-12-2013, 01:24 PM
Hmmmm .. any idea about prices? Acting of course on the assumption that they wont try and pass off a few grenade launchers on u. Just going to that place is a danger in itself.

No idea about the prices but we all know that Zahid is pretty expensive...I don't visit him after this grenade launchers incident took place...

M Tirmah
26-12-2013, 04:36 PM
No idea about the prices but we all know that Zahid is pretty expensive...I don't visit him after this grenade launchers incident took place...
brother can you tell what happened(gernade launcher story)

Enigmatic Desires
26-12-2013, 04:54 PM
brother can you tell what happened(gernade launcher story)

The dealer was caught selling grenades and launchers to who ever wanted em. It was all over the news moth TV and newspapers. The place was shut down.. For a few days and then reopened again.

Verve
26-12-2013, 06:30 PM
That is very cool... brush painting a car! Never even thought about boat paint, is that "yacht paint" more expensive than automotive paint?

Yacht paint was not more expensive, in fact it worked out much cheaper than hiring an oven booth for spraying with automotive paint or getting sprayed by a professional. Prep time is less too (1 good coat of base) and 1 coat of final, top layer paint, was sufficient for our project (we didn't have any major denting and filling work). Whereas in automotive paint as you know, 3+ layers of primer, 4+ layers of colour and then lacquer. It is easier to correct mistakes with this Interlux paint as well, a lot more forgiving than automotive paint.

Friend is coming from UK mid next year so will ask him to get me base and top coat Interlux paint and badger hair brushes. I'm sure you can source it easily in CA and it would be cheaper than UK too .. worth experimenting with. Interlux tutorials were great help.

SMNP bro, thanks for naming the shop. Sending or taking the guns to Karachi will not be possible possible unfortunately. Will inquire if he would supply the paint instead.

Fudgepacker
26-12-2013, 06:57 PM
The dealer was caught selling grenades and launchers to who ever wanted em...

... Will inquire if he would supply the paint instead.
Wouldn't it be ironic if they refused to sell paint :)

dodo23
26-12-2013, 08:59 PM
HahhahahahA

dodo23
26-12-2013, 09:01 PM
Have you looked into water transfer dip kits? If not googling would get you there.

Salam All
I'm looking for PK supplier of Duracoat paint. Would appreciate contact name, number & location please.
Many thanks

M Tirmah
26-12-2013, 11:33 PM
Have you looked into water transfer dip kits? If not googling would get you there.
Brother that is called hydrographics

dodo23
27-12-2013, 12:14 AM
Right on, I just couldn't remember the word! Thanks Timrah
Brother that is called hydrographics

Moeen
27-12-2013, 12:39 AM
Salam All,
@Verve - hello... am I forgotten? Duracoat dealer is Kartus in Karachi. Furthermore, any and I mean ANY auto paint does the same... how do i know? Because for the past 13 years on and off I have had many things painted. The finish doesn't come off easy (ask 12Gauge) and and the biggest and the best reason... only 1000/rs max per paint verses 20000/rs per paint. The paint under rough use will last atleast a year. So yearly paint will put me a 20000/rs over a ten year period thinking pessimisticly verses how long do you think duracoat will last...
Things that make you go HMMMMMM!

M Tirmah
27-12-2013, 01:11 AM
Right on, I just couldn't remember the word! Thanks Timrah
You are welcome brother

Verve
27-12-2013, 03:17 AM
Moeen bhai, of course you are not forgotten and planned to discuss this with you in person coming Sunday. I was thinking of auto paint too as a substitute but wanted to run it past you (high temp paint is too thick for my liking).

As you know my gunsmithing knowledge is at novice level, I started looking at it from heat perspective as the engine cam covers I painted were subject to -10C to 400C+ temps and the auto paint held up well. Another thing is the lack of local availability (or my lack of local knowledge) of getting any colour made in an aerosol can, good quality colour and canister at that. Duracoat was first choice because of ease of paint, aerosol canister one that is. Would prefer to avoid air compressor and spray gun use ideally. I found matt black paint specifically to be very friendly, without lacquer/clear coat, as spraying over scratches and stone chips etc was so easy and fresh colour would blend in perfectly with old after a few weeks. Will post a pic of my previous car that I spray painted in matt black using around 10 aerosol cans at 5 each!

Cost is always a consideration. Didnt know that Duracoat was 20k here!! That would be a waste i agree as I'd rather buy ammo with that ...

Will discuss more on Sunday. See you then.

Enigmatic Desires
27-12-2013, 11:07 AM

That thing has highly explosive chemicals I am sure they wont..

And they were quite strict regarding ammo limits. If your lic had a 50 round limit and U had exhausted it they would send U away politely.

dodo23
29-12-2013, 10:06 AM
There is also Cerakote, that might be exportable to Pakistan.
That thing has highly explosive chemicals I am sure they wont..

And they were quite strict regarding ammo limits. If your lic had a 50 round limit and U had exhausted it they would send U away politely.

mehranbiz
29-12-2013, 02:07 PM
Is any japanese or European brand engine coating or piston cylinder coating available in local market
Any member may shed some light on nano technology coatings

mehranbiz
09-12-2015, 09:13 PM
I like to know any information about the availability of Duracoat or Ceracoat in or any Japanese or European brand auto coating in the market.
In Karachi / Peshawar who is the best to color a gun like genuine with good quality material

Any member who have information kindly share

aekpani
27-12-2015, 08:01 AM
I hope they can help you with cerakote paints, http://www.shoppingbag.pk/cerakote-shopping-in-pakistan-31532.html

I did few projects (air cure type) on my own and it is very easy to apply, all you need are the right tools for the job.
Let me know if I can be of any help.

ballixd
16-04-2018, 10:27 AM
So any more input on the paint jobs? What kind og paint is required....
I tried to get hold of High Temp engine paint but no sucess in rwp atleast.....I will give normal auto paint a go and see how things turn out......will experiment first with Local tokarev.....
Enamel paint with matte finish shoukd be fine I guess?.....
And each coat will be oven baked to ensure durability

ballixd
17-04-2018, 06:32 PM
Order two cans of Rustoluem Camo spray.....will start the work by next week......lets see how it turns off.....rest of the stuff I have researched and understand, just not sure on the primer.....whether to go for it or just give three coats of rustoluem

Shaheen-Pk
14-06-2018, 03:33 AM
Order two cans of Rustoluem Camo spray.....will start the work by next week......lets see how it turns off.....rest of the stuff I have researched and understand, just not sure on the primer.....whether to go for it or just give three coats of rustoluem

Brother any update on your paintjob projects?
please share your experience

ballixd
14-06-2018, 04:56 AM
Brother any update on your paintjob projects?
please share your experience

I did complete the job and shared pics In other thread......rustoluem is not as reliable as cerakote or duracoat....it gets chipped easily....but then I have read on internet forums that its a spray on paint,gets chipped, spray on again and move on.....

Shaheen-Pk
14-06-2018, 01:57 PM
I did complete the job and shared pics In other thread......rustoluem is not as reliable as cerakote or duracoat....it gets chipped easily....but then I have read on internet forums that its a spray on paint,gets chipped, spray on again and move on.....

Can u please link me to the thread?

ballixd
14-06-2018, 02:33 PM
http://www.pakguns.com/showthread.php?14787-To-do-or-not-to-chrome-a-TT&highlight=Chrome+tt

mehranbiz
26-10-2018, 05:59 PM
Any one have knowledge about the availability for Titanium Nitride (TIN) caoting on guns

It is one of the world hardest and durable coating

H Panni
27-10-2018, 11:21 AM
Never seen this option being offered in Pakistan. It cant be done on aluminium. Also colour is not to most peoples liking. Sorry could not be of more help.