PDA

View Full Version : Rifle for SD/HD

MOLAjat
15-07-2009, 12:42 PM
Can rifle be used for SD/HD. I have a .303 rifle of my father with me. Someone told me that the rounds are too powerful for short range and can pass through the wall. I have never seen someone keeping a rifle in car except AK 47 which a common man like me cannot afford.

Sohail
15-07-2009, 01:37 PM
i dont think that rifle is good for SD/HD but as enunciated by you AK 47; is also considered a first rate SD/HD. no comparision of 12 gauge.

regards

Adeel Ahmad
15-07-2009, 02:03 PM
Rifle is a bit clumsy when you are going for SD/HD as its handling is a lot different from Pistol or Shotgun. For SD/HD you should go for a Shotgun. As far as people using AK47 for SD/HD, its just that they more inclined towards keeping it in the car or showing to friends but i dont think that they consider SD/HD in that scenario.

A R K TAREEN
15-07-2009, 04:02 PM
i dont think that rifle is good for SD/HD but as enunciated by you AK 47; is also considered a first rate SD/HD. no comparision of 12 gauge.

regards

Obviously right Sohail, for SD/HD 12 gauge is the most appropriate.
Regards

12GAUGE
15-07-2009, 04:14 PM
Sohai wrote:
no comparision of 12 gauge

+1 Sohail Bhai.

ur talking about me right ? ;)

Regards

Hamid
15-07-2009, 04:17 PM
12guage is very effective even in the hands of novice. Handguns and riffles need a lot of expertise.

m1carbine
15-07-2009, 04:37 PM
every weapon is a worthy,when it helps you at the time of need.

Enigmatic Desires
15-07-2009, 06:34 PM
12guage is very effective even in the hands of novice. Handguns and riffles need a lot of expertise.

"now" he talkin bout u baara gauge :D :D :D

Enigmatic Desires
15-07-2009, 06:40 PM
Can rifle be used for SD/HD. I have a .303 rifle of my father with me. Someone told me that the rounds are too powerful for short range and can pass through the wall. I have never seen someone keeping a rifle in car except AK 47 which a common man like me cannot afford.

My 2 cents worth!

Sir, spraying high vilocity bullets in an urban enviroment is just plain criminal. The ak/47 is a military fire arm designed to be little better then a meat grinder.. Incidentaly the same holds true for the .303 as well..
a long range battle rifle suitable for trench warfare such as the kind seen in the 1st world war..

Shot guns are great for HD.. I have one too.. but for SD.. again. carrying it around is not usualy an option.. As i found out to my detriment a few days ago.. when i was in a potentialy hostile situation an my shot gun was at home..

If u have to go for only 1 weapon for both hd/sd.. An hav no prior expereince wiht fire arms.. what soever.. and are not used to shooting. then your best bet would be a revolver. simple reliable an robust.. and of course inexpensive preferbly a 6 to 8 shot .32 or higher calibre.

12GAUGE
16-07-2009, 01:43 AM

"now" he talkin bout u baara gauge :D :D :D

Right on brother, hahahahahaahha

Sialvi
16-07-2009, 02:30 PM
shotgun with SSG or AAA got no match. most effective and deadly. ideal for sd/hd.

Topak
16-07-2009, 03:22 PM
yes shot gun is best
in 2nd option some hand gun.
the bullets of rifle are much power full,if they could not break the wall will turn their way or can rebound, which is much worse situation.

Sohail
17-07-2009, 01:56 PM
Sohai wrote:
no comparision of 12 gauge

+1 Sohail Bhai.

ur talking about me right ? ;)

Regards

sorry i spotted your post late and yes i am talking about you :D

regards

Conceal Carry
19-07-2009, 11:53 PM

My 2 cents worth!

Sir, spraying high vilocity bullets in an urban enviroment is just plain criminal. The ak/47 is a military fire arm designed to be little better then a meat grinder.. Incidentaly the same holds true for the .303 as well..
a long range battle rifle suitable for trench warfare such as the kind seen in the 1st world war..

Shot guns are great for HD.. I have one too.. but for SD.. again. carrying it around is not usualy an option.. As i found out to my detriment a few days ago.. when i was in a potentialy hostile situation an my shot gun was at home..

If u have to go for only 1 weapon for both hd/sd.. An hav no prior expereince wiht fire arms.. what soever.. and are not used to shooting. then your best bet would be a revolver. simple reliable an robust.. and of course inexpensive preferbly a 6 to 8 shot .32 or higher calibre.

+1, nothing beats a 12 bore for HD. For SD (CC) a compact pistol should be first option.

Vik
25-12-2009, 08:28 PM
Aoa
So can we keep a loaded shotgun for longer period of time for HD.
And at what range pellets will disburse.

MHMalik
25-12-2009, 09:20 PM
Respectfully, I would just like to add that while shotgun may be considered better or assault rifles, smgs etc.. when things turn south, one has to do with what one has. If the gentleman has a 303... well.. its better than a lot of junk out there.

If 303 is what you have, 303 it is :) its really that simple.

So to answer your question whether a 303 can be used for SD, the answer is YES!! Its a very well balanced potent rifle..

Faisji
26-12-2009, 05:38 PM
Respectfully, I would just like to add that while shotgun may be considered better or assault rifles, smgs etc.. when things turn south, one has to do with what one has. If the gentleman has a 303... well.. its better than a lot of junk out there.

If 303 is what you have, 303 it is :) its really that simple.

So to answer your question whether a 303 can be used for SD, the answer is YES!! Its a very well balanced potent rifle..
+1

303 is a very effective self defense weapon as our grandfathers and fathers will testify.

Tipu Sultan
26-12-2009, 08:05 PM
Rifle is an all rounder weapon. I doubt about the philosophy of people who claim it to be a poor choice for self defense. The only requirement is that one has to be a bit fluent with its usage, i.e. proper aim and fire. If one has basic marksmanship skills with ones own particular rifle, thats it, happy hunting.
7mm, 8mm, 9.2*63, .308, .303, all are very good rifle calibers with one shot stopping power.

Faisji
26-12-2009, 10:05 PM
The only requirement is that one has to be a bit fluent with its usage, i.e. proper aim and fire. If one has basic marksmanship skills with ones own particular rifle, thats it, happy hunting.

A bit about the speed with 303

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HV5pSUlBz18&feature=related

Taurus
27-12-2009, 04:09 PM
I would never consider it for SD but not for HD ...it depends how and where in SD but if we are talking abt 7.62 its fine but not the hunting rifles

Dr Zakir
27-12-2009, 09:57 PM
yes taurus . in times of our fore fathers most of people were carrying rifles so you were on equal footings with them but now most of the people are carrying high capacity pistols , smgs or shotguns which are all great for close quaters . unless your sd situation involves 100 yards + you would be at a shear disadvantage

MHMalik
28-12-2009, 05:56 AM
I think one is more likely to hit accurately with a rifle than a high capacity pistol any day. (Much, MUCH practice still required). a solid 303 is better than a stick or a slingshot.. and one can lay down accurate fire wayyyy further. Over penetration is usually not a concern in our brick and mortar houses. Even the best assault rifle will be useless if its not in ones hands when one needs it.

The point is to build on what one has and use it to best advantage. This requires training, practice and anticipation. As far as equipment goes, there is no end to what is the best for SD.

Always remember.. chance favors the prepared mind.