PDA

View Full Version : Maintenance of Local Arms

Ka_Khan
12-07-2009, 02:17 PM
Do the Local Guns need more care and maintenance?
Many people have local as well as imported weapons.How much you care for the local and imported ones?

Adeel Ahmad
12-07-2009, 02:25 PM
Well i dont have any presonal experiece with Local made guns but i have used Taurus and Chinese .30 Bore and both need a lot of cleaning while Glock does not require that much care in the cleaning process.

TAREEN
12-07-2009, 04:37 PM
Never bothered to stripping & cleaning my local guns. Every few months, I dip them in kerosene oil for few minutes & clean them dry. A bit of oiling on moving parts and thats it. In between I try to keep dust off their body & barrel clean. My most cared item is my airgun. Honestly.

Mohammad
12-07-2009, 05:01 PM
i once kept a local made tt (very refined built) and it never demanded regular maintenance. I used to clean it once a month regardless of the fact as to when did i fire it. and it still worked

Dr Zakir
12-07-2009, 05:08 PM
local gun will require more maint as chances of rusting and jamming are more as compared to a n imporetd one obviously due to difference in metallurgy. i dont have a local gun but after shooting i clean all my guns with hoopes kit and PB weapons which are rarely used i just spray wd 40 every 3 to 4 months

Hamid
12-07-2009, 05:08 PM
Never bothered to stripping & cleaning my local guns. Every few months, I dip them in kerosene oil for few minutes & clean them dry. A bit of oiling on moving parts and thats it. In between I try to keep dust off their body & barrel clean. My most cared item is my airgun. Honestly.

@, Tareen bai, how do you lubricate the trigger mechanism of your guns, as in most weapons it cant be accessed without field stripping.

TAREEN
12-07-2009, 07:30 PM
Hamid Bhai, for hidden or almost closed areas I totally rely on the flow of thin oil to seep & crawl to such spots. In my little experience, that oiling is usually enough to lube up these simple mechanisms.

Hamid
12-07-2009, 08:00 PM
Hamid Bhai, for hidden or almost closed areas I totally rely on the flow of thin oil to seep & crawl to such spots. In my little experience, that oiling is usually enough to lube up these simple mechanisms.
@Tareen Bhai, thanks for reply. I have a TT which cant be field stripped, I will clean it according to your method.

Ka_Khan
12-07-2009, 09:39 PM
I have a TT which cant be field stripped.

Its very easy to field strip TT just be careful of its 'flying spring".

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5EvjuIkOLBg&feature=related

Hamid
12-07-2009, 09:53 PM
The slide lock of one of my TTs is hammered on the other side. Now only a gunsmith can field strip it or I have to replace the slide lock.

Ka_Khan
12-07-2009, 10:21 PM
Replace it with a normal one and you will have no problem in future.

Conceal Carry
12-07-2009, 11:02 PM
From my experience, both local as well as imported weapons, requirte same kind of cleaning and maintenance, but because locals are so damn cheap, we usually care less about them.

Ka_Khan
13-07-2009, 06:47 PM
I think Local are more prone to rust and malfunctioning issues so require more care.

Conceal Carry
13-07-2009, 11:02 PM
I think Local are more prone to rust and malfunctioning issues so require more care.

I have four local TT's for the last thirteen years in my family, I only clean them once in a year and believe me there is not a single spec of rust on any one of them. I guess i was lucky to get such nice quality in local guns.

Rizshu
13-07-2009, 11:09 PM

I have four local TT's for the last thirteen years in my family, I only clean them once in a year and believe me there is not a single spec of rust on any one of them. I guess i was lucky to get such nice quality in local guns.

:) CC you are lucky in many other ways also

Conceal Carry
13-07-2009, 11:34 PM
You are absolutely right KK, thinking of luck, i consider myself the luckiest person on earth, I was luckey to be given life, I was lucky to born alive, I was lucky to born complete with four limbs, two eyes, two years, a nose, a tounge, a head with some grey matter in it with full potential to utilize it more than any normal person can. I was lucky to have both parents, I was lucky to have parents who were hard working, honest and GOD fearing, I was lucky that my parents knew the importance of education, i was lucky .................................................. .........................I am very lucky to have a country of my own where i can live the way i please............................................ ........................ I am lucky to be on this forum with so many nice peopel........................................YES wa are all very lucky......... who can count the countless blessings bestowed upon us by the most merciful ALLAh despite all our wrong doings............We shoulkd all be very thankful to ALLAH for all that we have..............and ask for his forgiveness ....May ALLAH fogive our sins and bless us all........May ALLHa protect us and our country AMEEN.