PDA

View Full Version : Recommended Lubricants For Airguns

Muhammad Yahya
01-09-2013, 06:21 PM
Assalam.o.Alaikum,
Can Anybody Please Suggest ;
That ; Should We Use Specific Lubricants For Airguns , Those Specified By Our Dealers Or Gunsmiths ? Or Can We Use Something Ordinary Like That Machine OIL Used In Sewing Machines ? Will It Cause Serious Troubles To Our Guns ?
In Simple Words Should We Use OILS Specific For Airguns ? Or Can We Use That Type Of Any Lubricant Or Grease ?

Muhammad Yahya
Baikal-MP61

Ashes
02-05-2014, 04:59 PM
I also need to know about Airgun cleaning... I heard that conventional firearms solvents, lubricants and degreasers etc are harmful for air-rifles?

need help.

Khilji
02-05-2014, 09:12 PM
Just clean the airgun from out side and put some oil on cloth and rub it on metal parts no need of oiling it

Deathrow
02-05-2014, 10:48 PM
Yes, do as Khilji recommended. Do not put oil in breach or the cylinder...if any oil is going to leak into these areas, the seals are going to get damaged and the pressure will drop drastically.. Also if oil is used or left in barrel, it's going to damage it.... You may put some wd40 on pull throughs to clean the barrel but make sure that you completely dry the barrel later

Ashes
03-05-2014, 10:40 AM
Yes, do as Khilji recommended. Do not put oil in breach or the cylinder...if any oil is going to leak into these areas, the seals are going to get damaged and the pressure will drop drastically.. Also if oil is used or left in barrel, it's going to damage it.... You may put some wd40 on pull throughs to clean the barrel but make sure that you completely dry the barrel later

i was mostly interested in knowing about the barrel cleaning. Btw, since I have a fixed-barrel rifle, I don't think i'll have to worry too much about breaching the breaches! :)

A pull through it is then ;)

thanks.

Hadii
03-05-2014, 11:30 AM
Yes you can use ordinary but it won't be as good as gun oil.always buy branded Hoppes oil is best. I saw perfects gun oil it's cheap and very good.

Deathrow
03-05-2014, 12:23 PM
Ashes... Yes you dont have to worry about breach seal but you still have to avoid the oil from going into the cylinder. Also make sure that the barrel is completely dry once you are done cleaning it. Outdoor adventures in Lahore sell Airgun cleaning kits (their own manufactured) for really cheap and they are very handy. See if you can get our hands on one of those somehow? I think they are for 300-400 Rs only.