PDA

View Full Version : Negligent Discharge

Hamid
08-07-2009, 04:49 PM
This dude shot himself in his foot.

Courtesy http://negligentdischarge.com

http://img6.imageshack.us/img6/1986/97054520.jpg (http://www.postimage.org/)

Mod:Pics were not suitable for Open Forum Presentation.You can visit them via the link provided.

HassaanAfzal
08-07-2009, 07:06 PM
Play safe

Ilyas
09-07-2009, 12:34 AM
Each of us should be careful and very much cautious when handling guns, but as it is said that human is to err,
negligent discharges are although highly undesired but remain a fact. Few days back an idea came to my mind
and I intend to practice it once I get the required ammo. I think that I'll keep a blank shot at the top of my
magazine. It will be a warning shot in case of any negligent discharge as well as in any SD sitution.

Ka_Khan
09-07-2009, 10:48 PM
Ilyas we may need a Separate thread for you to hear your wild stories.. ( some of them i knew ;) )

Ilyas
09-07-2009, 11:06 PM
And did you not promise never to bring those up :o
Anyways, where did you see those blanks? I need to buy some...

Conceal Carry
09-07-2009, 11:15 PM
bad idea. never put a blank in your SD /HD gun. You never know if you'll get the chance to fire the second shot. There are other ways to be safe.

KageFox
10-07-2009, 01:29 AM
Agree with CC. Its the first shot that counts most of the time.

To avoid an unintentional discharge, simply treat every gun as loaded. There's a reason the manufacturers put the safety there. Apply it whenever possible. Holster the gun when not in use; don't wave it around like the idiots in Hollywood :D. Last but not least, KEEP FINGERS OFF THE TRIGGER UNTIL YOU ARE READY TO FIRE, including when drawing the pistol from a holster. Many overlook this part

Btw, I absolutely don't support the "first-shot blank" idea, but for the sake of knowledge, does a blank properly cycle a pistol?

Ilyas
10-07-2009, 01:51 AM
You are free to have your own opinion but I believe I will not be firing a single shot when it is intended
for a SD/HD purpose. And if God forbid I don't get a chance for the second shot, then I'm sure even the
first would have made no difference. Besides this I'm not sure about you guys, but I myself have never been
in a SD/HD situation so far, but I've witnessed unintended discharges. Therefore, I feel more concerned about
those. This is my opinion and I think we are all free to have our own according to our thinking ;)
About the cycling, if a blank doesn't cycle properly, then I think I will abandon the idea.

KageFox
10-07-2009, 08:38 AM
Not the place to discuss this I guess (Clubhouse Topic) but in an SD/HD situation against hardcore criminals, you have to be ready to use lethal force, initiating the first shot if necessary. You might hesitate on the trigger, as you are not a hardened gangster, but believe me, the bad guy on the other end has a hair trigger and will not hesitate.

You believe, that hopefully, with a gun in your hands, you will be able to scare away those who seek to harm you. That is very well as most to-be gunfights end without a shot being fired BUT setting your mind beforehand that you will not fire a single shot is an extremely dangerous ideology - for your own self and those you protect.

As you said, its different opinions against each other, but I have been the victim of a holdup when I was younger, and believe me when I say that if the such a situation happens at a time when I am armed, I will do whatever it takes to protect my family and myself, even, GOD FORBID, use deadly force.

In the end, may Allah protect us all.

Saeen
10-07-2009, 12:52 PM
..... if the such a situation happens at a time when I am armed, I will do whatever it takes to protect my family and myself, even, GOD FORBID, use deadly force.

In the end, may Allah protect us all.

could'nt agree more