PDA

View Full Version : turkish made 1911...girsan vs. tisas

jhb
28-04-2013, 08:49 PM
Sirs,

I'm looking for a value 1911 govt model to replace my colt 1991 for carry and plinking, etc.

So I got two basic choices for value on a 1911....the phillipine made armscor called the ria over here....or these newish to the states, turkish branded pistols. I like the armscor fine, but these turkish made pistols have caught my attention.

The two easiest to find are the tisas and the girsan. There are some reviews.....so I've read all I could find and watched the videos......but I'm hoping one of you gentlemen might have owned one or both of these brand pistol and could shed some insight to myself from your experiences with both brands?

Thank you in advance, Sirs.

Dr Zakir
30-04-2013, 01:17 AM
Welcome to the forum jhb . Although turkish guns are quite common and popular here but I haven't seen 1911 by tisas and girsan here with shops or other memebers and gun enthusiasit zigana F and sports are available here . Most Common turkish guns are from canik and stoeger.
1911 available and liked here is Taurus PT 1911.

jhb
30-04-2013, 06:56 AM
Welcome to the forum jhb . Although turkish guns are quite common and popular here but I haven't seen 1911 by tisas and girsan here with shops or other memebers and gun enthusiasit zigana F and sports are available here . Most Common turkish guns are from canik and stoeger.
1911 available and liked here is Taurus PT 1911.

Thank you Dr., I appreciate the information....if you don't mind could you follow up on some other questions?

How is the quality of the girsan and tisas, meaning the models you mentioned that are common in Pakistan....as far as fit and finish and overall build?

Those pistols you mentioned are available over here, but not very popular and limited on where one can acquire them. So I have little knowledge on these brands or turkish built firearms...other than some shotguns.

The taurus 1911s are common over here as well and those who like taurus, like 'em. They have a decent reputation. These turkish branded 1911s have caught my eye though...and at low cost, about half the cost of a taurus, I'm very tempted to give one a try. Thanks again for the information and any follow up info, Sir.

doc pistol
02-05-2013, 02:34 PM
Sirs,

I'm looking for a value 1911 govt model to replace my colt 1991 for carry and plinking, etc.

So I got two basic choices for value on a 1911....the phillipine made armscor called the ria over here....or these newish to the states, turkish branded pistols. I like the armscor fine, but these turkish made pistols have caught my attention.

The two easiest to find are the tisas and the girsan. There are some reviews.....so I've read all I could find and watched the videos......but I'm hoping one of you gentlemen might have owned one or both of these brand pistol and could shed some insight to myself from your experiences with both brands?

Thank you in advance, Sirs.

Frankly i d go for a turkish handgun over an armscor anytime with eyes closed. I ve had bad experience with a 22 cal rifle made by them, lousy quality and poor customer support. Tisas is maker or Zigana which is sold here and a quite well reputed weapon, no technical flaws or complaints reported till now.

jhb
02-05-2013, 08:05 PM
Frankly i d go for a turkish handgun over an armscor anytime with eyes closed. I ve had bad experience with a 22 cal rifle made by them, lousy quality and poor customer support. Tisas is maker or Zigana which is sold here and a quite well reputed weapon, no technical flaws or complaints reported till now.

thank you Sir. good info, appreciated.

i saw some talk on this site of poor turkish metallurgy.....i couldn't find enough details to see if this is purely opinion or based in fact somewhat?

i hear you on the poor experience. nothing worse then spending hard earned money on a product and it not working properly and then to add insult to injury the company doesn't seem to care. best way to chase customers away for life. i hear mixed results on armscor stuff...some very good reports and some very bad reports. not sure how to interpret them as a company overall? that said, i'd prefer a turkish 1911 over armscor.

Trigger_happy78
03-05-2013, 12:45 PM
Welcome to pakguns bro.
Now about your question regarding Tisas. I owned there model M1911. You can see my review and experience here
http://www.pakguns.com/showthread.php?9256-My-new-zigana-M1911-45-acp

The reason i parted with it was because of these issues.
1) This model had fixed sights which i didn't like. They were all black and very small. I like sights with some kind of dot system, weather 2 dot or 3 dot. Or adjustable rear sight with FO front sight ;). The sights on this gun were fixed to the slide and cannot be removed.

Secondly the Mac-Gar mags that came with this gun started giving me problem later on. On the last round i use to have a FTF problem.

Thirdly the grip safety on that failed me couple of times so i got scared that i might have accidental fire. Besides I've used a friends Taurus PT1911, and its much better looking and well built gun then Tisas Zigana M1911. So i'd advise you to try Taurus PT1911. I haven't had any experience with Armscore, so can't comment on it. But heard some good reviews of it....

jhb
05-05-2013, 04:03 AM
@ Trigger Happy78...appreciate your first hand feedback and experience. I went ahead and bought the tisas to give it a go. It will be a cheap experiement for a 1911. Most entry level 1911 gi models start in the 500 usa dollars range. I got this tisas for 399 and free shipping. I shall see if it lasts. If not I can always use the frame/reciever and build a new 1911. 1911 parts are numerous and easy to get here. The only thing is I like a forged frame over a cast, but as long as it holds up its a minor issue.

That or when supply builds up from these gun ammo shortages over here I'll find me a taurus....think they start in the 550-700 usa dollars range, plus they use a forged frame.

Could you spend some time talking about your dissatisfaction with turkish metallurgy. I read over the thread you linked and you made mention of this.....although I guess you could be heckling? I've never been good at reading sarcasm and heckling.

Trigger_happy78
05-05-2013, 12:20 PM
@ Trigger Happy78...appreciate your first hand feedback and experience. I went ahead and bought the tisas to give it a go. It will be a cheap experiement for a 1911. Most entry level 1911 gi models start in the 500 usa dollars range. I got this tisas for 399 and free shipping. I shall see if it lasts. If not I can always use the frame/reciever and build a new 1911. 1911 parts are numerous and easy to get here. The only thing is I like a forged frame over a cast, but as long as it holds up its a minor issue.

That or when supply builds up from these gun ammo shortages over here I'll find me a taurus....think they start in the 550-700 usa dollars range, plus they use a forged frame.

Could you spend some time talking about your dissatisfaction with turkish metallurgy. I read over the thread you linked and you made mention of this.....although I guess you could be heckling? I've never been good at reading sarcasm and heckling.

Congrats bro on your new 1911. Happy Shooting.....

Soldier
05-05-2013, 06:09 PM
Congratulations Bro on ur purchase. :)
Happy & Safe Shooting.

doc pistol
05-05-2013, 07:45 PM
Congrats bro. do post pics and review. do keep us updated regarding its performance on regular intervals if possible.

jhb
07-05-2013, 08:12 PM
thank you all, Sirs on the congrats. i will do my best to report back, when ammo supply gets better and i can go out and shoot some.