PDA

View Full Version : Sand Bags and Safety!

Striker1
03-07-2009, 09:18 AM
How about some light being shed on Sand Bags that are used for Safety?

There are many of our esteemed members that use their backyards at their villages or farms to test and use the firearms.

I suggest to all either make a sand wall or put sand bags for safety.

Also you can collect the used bullets from these bags and sell them off! Not that difficult how much of this scrap can be recollected and recycled.

Important Points!

Wastage Reduction
Environmental Protection
last but not the least

SAFETY for others!

Any comments??

Ka_Khan
03-07-2009, 03:39 PM
Good Topic Striker.
At the local arms factories have seen how they have made they 'testing' sites.Just a 5x5 space with small 2 ft walls on sides and filled with sand.Have seen them firing 12 bore directly into it from a distance of 5 ft.They told me sand just absorbs the shock and no chance of richochet.In my opinion Bags is a better idea.

A R K TAREEN
03-07-2009, 04:22 PM
Nice topic Gentleman,
I totally agree with you. Is there any idea which material for bag is durable? I mean Jute, Canvas or something else.

PrivateEye
03-07-2009, 05:51 PM
I guess Jute is Best suitable for this purpose.
It wont tear off easily even after several shots fired through it. On the other hand, plastic, and i thing Canvas also, will tear off in no time as a result of holes in it.

Ka_Khan
03-07-2009, 08:34 PM
Any other idea besides Sand? And ways to make these bags?

TAREEN
03-07-2009, 08:46 PM
I use a mud wall 6 feet high and about two feet thick at the top as a backdrop while target practicing, setting scope & testing etc. Like sand, it can stop everything but there is ricochet although lot less than solid walls. It doesn't harm in my case as the wall is far far away where I'm sitting or standing. Its almost free to make & maintenance free. Capable of stopping rifle bullets with ease that were tested to go thru tree trunks a foot thick with ease.

Ka_Khan
03-07-2009, 09:34 PM
I also test my weapons on a mud wall 12 ft high,2 ft thick.Stops anything !
These types of walls are common in tribal areas and are effective against garanades and small rockets.

A R K TAREEN
03-07-2009, 09:49 PM
Need is the mother of invention, K_Khan and Tareen bhai this is a good technique as well as very useful.
Take care and enjoy, with best regards.

Conceal Carry
03-07-2009, 10:38 PM
hang an old blanket with 3/4 folds 6 inches from the mud wall to trap ricochetting bullets.

Ka_Khan
03-07-2009, 11:49 PM
Thanks CC..will follow the idea.
Mud wall just swallows the bullet.Have seen fine penetration holes.

Striker1
04-07-2009, 10:29 AM
Its good to hear feedback on this topic! Lets do some more research on the material used for these bags! Initial suggestions are

Mud Walls . At least 2 ft thick with side walls of same thickness, with 3-4 folds of old blankets!

Further Sand bags can be put on top of these walls to make sure that any projectile does not pass over as well.

Hey Thunder .. how about some pics on the subject? We know u'r great at this...

And in the future one can have Jute Bags with Pak Guns Printed on them and can be bought off as well.. At least that can get some revenue for the site.

What do you say, Abbas???

Aamar
04-07-2009, 10:43 AM
If u notice some of the army shooting ranges has mud walls as well .......

Also, when shooting with rifles one is generally safe from ricocheting bullets as the distance is generally over 100 yards ....... :D

A R K TAREEN
04-07-2009, 11:20 AM
Dear Striker1
your idea is not bad but getting some revenue for the site through this, I think it is a difficult task to manage.
Dear Aamar
Yes you are right the mud walls are mostly used/build fro that purpose.

Striker1
04-07-2009, 11:22 AM
Anything and Eveything should matter for the site!... But primarily the objective is that people should incorporate "ALL" saftey measures when testing their arms!

KageFox
04-07-2009, 11:28 AM
Just beware of solid walls. A jacketed pellet shot from about 15-20 yards can ricochet with enough energy to hurt someone.

Adeel Ahmad
04-07-2009, 12:04 PM
I also use Mud Wall for target pratice but once i visited central jail and saw they had wodden stands with hay filled in the middle for target parctice. A paper with circles was pasted on hay to see where the bullets were hitting.

Striker1
04-07-2009, 10:01 PM
Central Jail . Hay Filled Wodden Stands, Shooting Paper with circles... Are you sure there was no human target and a firing squad??

A R K TAREEN
05-07-2009, 01:24 AM
Ha ha hahahaha..........................very nice gentleman.

Abu Hafs
09-07-2009, 04:42 AM
Also, when shooting with rifles one is generally safe from ricocheting bullets as the distance is generally over 100 yards ....... :D

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vhysoS2DC8M

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UujfnEa5jLY&NR=1