PDA

View Full Version : Categorization of Guns

Leon
17-04-2013, 11:08 PM
The dilemma, a newbie like me, while deciding to buy a weapon, faces is to categorize the weapons available in the market. After months of market search and discussion with seniors, I have developed an easily understandable categorization.

To make the decision process easy and for ease of understanding for most of newbies like me, let's divide the weapons in 5 categories, staring from "A" being high-end to "E" being low-end. The rating will not include local made weapons as they are not worth considering (at least to me). Let's start:

A Category: I will put all exotic custom built weapons produced by specialized companies. In this list, I will put brands like Holland & Holland, James Purdy, Boss, Some Products of Beretta & Browning, Blazer, Merkel and etc. These weapons are mostly made to order by hand and by using best available materials, tools & techniques and craftsmanship. These weapons are result of decades of research & development and experience.

B Category: In this Category, I will put all production weapons produced by centuries old companies mostly based in Europe like Beretta, Browning, Beneli, Heckler & Kosch, SigSaur, some products of CZ and etc. These weapons are produced after specialized research and best metallurgy, tools and techniques.

C Category: In this category, I will put mass production but well-reputed, reliable and reasonably priced weapons produced by famous companies based in Europe, US and East Europe like AyA, Winchester, Remington, CZ, Francchi, Vepr, Mossberg, Fabarm and etc. These weapons are result of years of research & development and have good metallurgy but are made to address the need of masses.

D Category: In this category, I will include mass production weapons which are produced by some reputed companies but the designs are inspired / replicas of weapons falling in B category. There are some indigenous designs as well. The metallurgy, tools and techniques used to make these weapons are very good and there is some amount of research & development is also involved. In this category, I will include weapons made by Cottage Industry in Europe, East Europeans, Russian, South American and East Asian companies like Baikal, Taurus, Marocchi, Saiga, Tula, Armscor, Daewoo and etc.

E Category: This category includes replicas made by Turkish and Chinese companies. These are simply good copies are famous weapon mostly falling in "B" and "C". The metallurgy, tools and techniques used to produce these weapons are good but there is no research & development behind these guns as the designs are simply copied. In this category, I will include weapons produced by Norinco, Hatsan, Akkar, Canik55 and etc. Please do not confuse the reputed companies which have shifted their production to Turkey. They will continue to fall in "C" category.

Let the debate on categorization begin........

sadatpk
18-04-2013, 01:26 AM
nice idea my dear br Leon,It is one of the best ways to categorise the weapons,nice effort ,

tatur1
18-04-2013, 02:03 AM
nice idea my dear br Leon,It is one of the best ways to categorise the weapons,nice effort ,

A good idea, waiting for input from other senior members.... So we are going to make this a permanent thing on PakGuns?

Black Commando
25-07-2013, 12:36 AM
Nice topic and effort bro

SZBR
25-07-2013, 01:32 AM
Great thread, idea and execution.

Looking forward to seniors' views.

Soldier
25-07-2013, 02:46 AM
Nice work done bro. :)

TRX
30-07-2013, 06:40 AM