PDA

View Full Version : Query > Zigana Sport & Baikal Viking

takenleader
29-06-2009, 02:31 AM
anyone has any idea about the performance of zigana sport . it feels and looks awesome but i am ver precarious about its feather weight . Is it not built to last plz post u r comments

takenleader
29-06-2009, 02:40 AM
anyone here has any info about the performance of baikal viking , if compared to taurus pt 92/99 , zigana , norinco nz 85and stoger 8000.
and yes is norinco np44 available in pakistan and at what price . i would really appreciate some help in this context . its getting confusing day by day .my preference is a hand gun that robust and built to last

Zubair
29-06-2009, 12:38 PM
I have BAIKAL VIKING. Excellent trigger. I have crossed over 800 rounds without any issue. If you want something tough & robust, then go for it.

Abbas
29-06-2009, 12:48 PM
I agree with Zubair, having used his Viking and Zigana. The Baikal comes out on top.

Shariq
29-06-2009, 01:03 PM
Viper has Best trigger in its price range. Fit and finish is fine too. Zigana F auto is a troublesome pistol so the reliability of other models also becomes questionable.
Except Zigana all other models u have quoted are very good and reliable. Choose one which suits your hands and budget well.

Taurus
29-06-2009, 06:06 PM
very true i have also tried baikal viking excellent trigger

Salvation
29-06-2009, 10:14 PM
Stoeger 8000f fired constant 100rds without break in one go ....... not a single issue... light n compact ....

Atiflatif
15-10-2009, 12:49 PM
friend i have a personal experience on baikal viking. its out class. i have fired more than 500 rounds but not seen a little bit problem. i hv continuesly fired 30 rounds without any gap. its more than a best in my views.

Shah143
15-10-2009, 02:36 PM
AOA

What is the Price of Baikal Viking Pistol and where it is avaliable.Please detial number and addreess
Thanks

Zubair
15-10-2009, 03:16 PM
Available in LAHORE, dont know about PESHAWAR

Ahmad
15-10-2009, 03:51 PM
last time we checked, Baikal was available at Afridi Arms

Shah143
15-10-2009, 04:21 PM
Baikal Viking Price in Islamabad & Peshawar Please .Any one Knows

Dr Zakir
16-10-2009, 12:35 AM
i think it is available in peshawar for 55 to 60k . not available in islamabad

Khalidsh
16-10-2009, 10:30 AM
I thnk Zogana means really sports. This gun has a low recoil due to its weight as well as vented barrel. The accumulation of target is beautiful and has beautiful finish for sport shooting. The only this that is bad is the size of the gun. Seems like holding a pipe gun.

The material of grips is not good and have seen it cracked after falling. but over all good gun for target shooting.

Malik1
16-10-2009, 02:45 PM
My vote is for Baikal Viking

12GAUGE
16-10-2009, 02:52 PM
No competition, Baikal's Viking wins hands down. infact if u'r looking for a robust gun (designed to last, just take a look at its internals and u'll immediately know what i'm talking about) with very good trigger/grip feel and lowest recoil of all the handguns that i've tried so far (plus polymer furniture, plus ability to fire 72N1) then Baikal is the best option (infact the only option) in its price range.

here is a picture for comparison: (left Baikal Viking and right Glock 17)

http://213.174.153.60/Ts1W6uEJ-d68c3c909218cac9e15611e9d9a82105.jpg

Regards.

Starfish
16-10-2009, 03:11 PM
@12 Gauge:
Sir, i understand that most of the russian weapons are built with high tolerances leading to less than perfect accuracy and more than perfect reliability. How would one rate the baikal in the accuracy department?

Zubair
16-10-2009, 03:30 PM
Viking is very accurate. But a lot more depends on the shooter. But anyone buying this weapon NIB should be ready to fire 500+ rounds for this to break in because as its very rough & tough built.

Zubair
16-10-2009, 03:41 PM
No competition, Baikal's Viking wins hands down. infact if u'r looking for a robust gun (designed to last, just take a look at its internals and u'll immediately know what i'm talking about) with very good trigger/grip feel and lowest recoil of all the handguns that i've tried so far (plus polymer furniture, plus ability to fire 72N1) then Baikal is the best option (infact the only option) in its price range.

here is a picture for comparison: (left Baikal Viking and right Glock 17)

http://213.174.153.60/Ts1W6uEJ-d68c3c909218cac9e15611e9d9a82105.jpg

Regards.

Are you sure about MP-446 Viking being 7N21 .Some websites do say this but others deny this. Its military version MP-443 is 7N21 but thats having all steel frame. Anyhow where to get 7N21 ammo? Also waiting for its 'select fire loop' for quiet sometime now to be available

12GAUGE
16-10-2009, 08:01 PM
@12 Gauge:
Sir, i understand that most of the russian weapons are built with high tolerances leading to less than perfect accuracy and more than perfect reliability. How would one rate the baikal in the accuracy department?

buddy, i'm not a good shot to begin with. therefore cant really comment on the gun's accuracy, however what I can tell u that this gun is being used by participants in IPSC competitions and from reviews (on internet) it seems pretty accurate. when we consider build quality (which is alot easier to judge), well two variables come to play.

1. Finish: well here it lacks. the finish is very rough.

2. Robustness: well here it wins big time. if u look at the picture posted above (viking vs glock) u'll see that this gun is built to last and to withstand some serious abuse. every part is heavily fortified. in the picture u can see that Viking's chamber is quit thick (heavily built) compared to a glock. if u look inside a viking u'll see that even the polymer frame is heavily fortified with steel inserts.

the barrel of a Viking is something to look at as well. its sorta conical in shape, starts out thick then thins out to typical/normal barrel thickness then again thickens out at the end. whereas typical barrels are of uniform/normal/typical thickness all over.

Viking's locking lug is twice as thick and twice as big compared to other handguns that i've seen so far. so what does all that tell ya? if not robustness.

Regards.

12GAUGE
16-10-2009, 08:06 PM
@Zubair 723

bro, to be honest, why bother with the 72N1? as if we are ever going to find anything like that here. :)

and even if someone ends up finding it. I doubt anybody would use it as it supposedly causes serious wear to the barrel.

Regards.

Kamran_uk75
17-10-2009, 12:21 AM
@Zubair 723

bro, to be honest, why bother with the 72N1? as if we are ever going to find anything like that here. :)

and even if someone ends up finding it. I doubt anybody would use it as it supposedly causes serious wear to the barrel.

Regards.

Bro. 12 gauge, although I am in a wrong thread, I just wanted to remind you about the 28" barrel for my DSA shooter. If you find any information do give me a shout at
kamran_uk75@hotmail.co.uk
regards
Kamran

Enigmatic Desires
17-10-2009, 12:47 AM
Err can some1 enlighten me as to what exactly is 72N1?

KageFox
17-10-2009, 01:19 AM
The 72N1 is a very high pressure load developed by the Russians, generating pressures well beyond a 9x19mm +P load. In essence, it is a very hotly loaded 9mm Para round.

Hope that helps

Starfish
17-10-2009, 09:27 AM
Correction KF: its a very hot 9mm AP round. and its called 7N21 not 72N1 . well not exactly a crrection, more like an addition to your statement :P
n then theres 7N31.

Zubair
17-10-2009, 02:04 PM
@Zubair 723

Regards.

You want few rounds ? :P

KageFox
17-10-2009, 02:58 PM
Correction KF: its a very hot 9mm AP round. and its called 7N21 not 72N1 . well not exactly a crrection, more like an addition to your statement :P
n then theres 7N31.

Sorry, typo error. Though I didn't realize it has AP potential.

Conclusion: The 7N21 and 7N31 are both Russian military overpressure variants of the famed 9mm Parabellum. Further info here:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/9x19mm_Parabellum#Russian_military_overpressure_va riants

Malik1
17-10-2009, 03:37 PM
Old Boy very informative :) . Knowledge for me. Any idea why it has such a difficult nomenclature? Any logic? Like 9 x 19, 9mm, .308 etc etc have logic

KageFox
17-10-2009, 03:40 PM
Logic? Maybe cause they're Russian??? :P

Its more of an indicator of the type...

Crazy Shooter
28-06-2010, 11:26 AM
I am sorry to go against with our senior brother 12 guage but as far as I have knowledge about mp 446 its the civilian version of yarygin or grach pistol of russian army which is capable of firing AP rounds but in civilian version the barrel quality is not as good as the original yarygin pistol its HIGHLY RECOMMENDED not to fire any AP rounds through your pistol even you found them

Aquarius
29-06-2010, 12:45 PM
Crazy Shooter brother.. can you give this source of information that where it is written not to fire the hot Military rounds from Viking 446.??

Gilani
29-06-2010, 08:05 PM
We are all still looking for the source :lol:

coolbox18
29-06-2010, 08:48 PM
Actually, it is written at Jane's
http://www.janes.com/articles/Janes-Infantry-Weapons/Yarygin-MP-443-Grach-6P35-9-mm-self-loading-pistol-Russian-Federation.html
however, i have my reservations.

uzair859
29-06-2010, 10:43 PM
everyone suggest for baikal infact very few ppl own it and few dealer keep it. why dun ppl buy this gun if its so reliable infact i once go to the market to buy this gun but its finishing is so pathetic tht it look likes a used gun so i cancelled buying 60 thousand gun in ugly finish .In karachi market its avaiable in 2 colours one is black the other is some thing like camel brown and black 2 tone zigana is nice decent gun u dun have to go for a war tht u want some thing heavy

Aquarius
29-06-2010, 10:53 PM
@coolbox18..Thanks brother for the source but I have already gone through it before aswell.. it says that the MP-446 Viking is identical to Yarygin Pya MP-443 Grach with few differences, which is obviously the frame material, because it has a polymer frame while Grach 443 has a steel frame, but still it nowhere written in this link that Viking MP-446 is not capable of firing the hot Military 7N21 rounds..

Aquarius
29-06-2010, 11:06 PM
everyone suggest for baikal infact very few ppl own it and few dealer keep it. why dun ppl buy this gun if its so reliable infact i once go to the market to buy this gun but its finishing is so pathetic tht it look likes a used gun so i cancelled buying 60 thousand gun in ugly finish

With all your apology sir I disagree.. presently Baikal Viking PM-446 is one of the most popular handgun in the market and every dealer owns it.. even most of the dealers recommend it.. I agree with you on the finishing point of view as its not that fancy looking gun as others handguns in the market today, but whenever it comes to performance, I am sure it will beat all the other fancy looking handguns in the market presently available not only in this price range but even in higher prices..

kasana
29-06-2010, 11:07 PM
Lets wait for 12 gauge,s coments.

I think we should contect to baikal. They can give the proper and authentic reply.

Gilani
30-06-2010, 12:07 AM
everyone suggest for baikal infact very few ppl own it and few dealer keep it. why dun ppl buy this gun if its so reliable infact i once go to the market to buy this gun but its finishing is so pathetic tht it look likes a used gun so i cancelled buying 60 thousand gun in ugly finish .In karachi market its avaiable in 2 colours one is black the other is some thing like camel brown and black 2 tone zigana is nice decent gun u dun have to go for a war tht u want some thing heavy

Uzair sahib, buying or not buying is a person's choice and therefore, I wont comment on that. As regards your comment that very few people buy Viking and few dealers own it, I am afraid that's grossly incorrect. I know many PG members who own Viking. Many of my friends who are not a PG member also own it. In fact, Viking is quite a common gun and as Aquarius brother mentioned, it is one of the most popular guns around. Most good quality dealers have Viking and there are few who don't have it. I cant say about Karachi but this certainly is the case in Lahore.

As for the finish, Viking has Phosphorised finish. Liking or not liking it is a personal matter. But there is just no doubt about it that this finish is longer lasting than the normal blue finish.

I my personal view, Viking has a grandeur of its own :)

I have never fired a Zagana Sport so wont be able to comment on it :)

musta ali
01-07-2010, 12:19 AM
I own zigana sport,i found it a very reliable and durable gun,never had n e problems no FTF,FTE,DF or any other probs.
fired china rounds on gone very smooth
not for CC bcuz its a large frame pistol,its gud for sports and HD

AK47
01-07-2010, 12:22 AM
@Gilani Sir, you'll like the Zigana for sure, if not for carrying, at least for your sports. :)

uzair859
01-07-2010, 08:08 PM
(GILANI AND AQUARIUS) well may be its not common in karachi market few months back i througly visited every dealer in lucky star i found only 2 dealer having that gun. They are claiming it new piece and by checking the barrel and innner side of chamber it seems used to me...

Aquarius
01-07-2010, 09:29 PM
May be its short in Karachi Market presently uzair brother.

Gilani
01-07-2010, 10:58 PM
(GILANI AND AQUARIUS) well may be its not common in karachi market few months back i througly visited every dealer in lucky star i found only 2 dealer having that gun. They are claiming it new piece and by checking the barrel and innner side of chamber it seems used to me...
Its your choice and liking Uzair brother :)

Faheem
01-07-2010, 11:28 PM
uzair859 bhai Viking is available in Karachi market, our Pg brothers visited the lucky star market last week and saw the mentioned handgun with different dealers. If you wanna buy it so just email me .....