PDA

View Full Version : Pakguns Hunt

Zubair
26-06-2009, 05:14 PM
Can a Parkguns Hunt among members be arranged

Ka_Khan
26-06-2009, 07:45 PM
I will list the name at the top of "Hunters of PakGuns" list...!

A R K TAREEN
26-06-2009, 10:34 PM
I am in, count me in your list.

Abbas
26-06-2009, 10:47 PM
I am all for it but it's too hot at the moment, I suggest we wait for better weather.

A R K TAREEN
26-06-2009, 11:28 PM
Nice suggestion Abbas. We will arrange little latter.

MUSTANIR
27-06-2009, 02:27 AM
so dats all about it,,, guys take me in whenever...........

TalalKhan
27-06-2009, 03:27 PM
Besides HOT WEATHER! It is OFF SEASON!
Wild Boars is an option but I would not suggest taking beginners on such shoots unless supervised by couple of experienced members!

Starfish
27-06-2009, 08:10 PM
please do that guys! please!!! its been a while.

M.HAMZA
29-06-2009, 03:26 PM
AOA,

Dear All,

Kindly do plan and post what ever gets decided. So that we can all benefit from this.
Wasalaam,
M.HAMZA

Sohail
29-06-2009, 05:51 PM
brothers, just check out the thread of imu and abbas pics of saeedpur, there the planning for the next hunt is being discussed.

regards

Saeen
30-06-2009, 05:13 PM
nice idea, i am in :)

Striker1
02-07-2009, 09:01 AM
How About this!

Jhimpir hunters become conservationists - The NEWs
http://www.thenews.com.pk/daily_detail.asp?id=185964

Thursday, July 02, 2009
By Jan Khaskheli

Karachi

Two young hunters-turned-conservationists have declared the vicinity of their village as a no-hunting zone in order to protect indigenous birds, mammals and reptiles. They have also initiated a move to plant trees to preserve nature which is under threat due to climate change, persistent water scarcity and low-intensity of rains.

The two men are related by blood. They hail from Nabi Bux Palari village, situated near scenic Jhimpir off Keenjhar lake. They are the only literate people in their village and seemingly the icons for their coming generations.

Kamal and Hameed of local Palari family used to be hunters of partridges and water birds at the Keenjhar lake area for quite a long time. According to Hameed, they used to hunt about 50 birds (partridges) in a single trip and had also been facilitating visiting hunters.

They give credit to the survey team of WWF (World Wildlife Fund) Indus for All Programme that visited their village and convinced them about the importance of preserving natural resources such as water, fish, forests and birds. “The words of the visiting WWF official made us think,” says Kamal Palari.

According to him, after frequent visits of the WWF team they realized that how much importance the natural resources bear for the local community and why they should help protect nature around their own village. Then the villagers not only formed a community-based organization (CBO) but at the same time a cluster of nine villages became members of the Keenjhar Maroora Welfare and Development Organization.

After the formation of the CBO, they took initiatives, particularly the “declaration of a no-hunting zone” in the area, convincing hunters to not kill birds. These two guys are active members of the CBO which had given this idea. Nobody is allowed to go for hunting of any kind of birds or mammals in the jurisdiction of the sanctuary from Jhimpir to Chull (the northern side of Keenjhar lake).

They took this decision after realizing the fact that the hunting pressure is the main cause of population decline of wild animals. After community involvement, WWF Indus for All Programme’s Keenjhar Site Manager Zahid Jalbani said now there was a significant increase in the number of birds and other animals in the no-hunting zone.

The availability of partridge groups indicates that now the birds were not facing any threat of hunting, particularly in the no-hunting zone, explained Hameed.

Jalbani claims that the CBO has now taken the initiative to plant Eucalyptus and Jatropha in their village. Farmer Field School has been established in which about 30 farmers from different villages have been enrolled to adopt the best practices management model (BMP) with the implementation of integrated pest management (IPM) technology.

Through the BMP model, four farmers have been trained as master trainers and they have established a demo plot for growing vegetables as per IMP technology.

HassaanAfzal
02-07-2009, 02:14 PM
We should maintain a balance to keep the game alive

Turumti
02-07-2009, 03:08 PM
All this makes for is good press, thats all.

TAREEN
02-07-2009, 05:03 PM
Revolutions took place not by what masses thought but by what individuals believed in.

Zubair
02-07-2009, 05:13 PM
Revolutions took place not by what masses thought but by what individuals believed in.

Provided the few individuals were ready to sacrifice all for their beliefs

oumayer
03-07-2009, 02:26 AM
I think that would be a good idea, "A Pakgun" hunting trip. Please Do keep me informed also.